• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Poke-Glitch... thats just unfare. But I had some luck with one of my shinys IVs,

peace out(oh and poke-glitch, Im coming to your house at night to jeck for an AR)
I know I haven't been on for a while, so let me start with CONGRATULATIONS to kirkeastment on Co-Owner status!

I've been SRing for Darkrai... nothing as yet, of course.

I don't know most of the people posting lately; guess it's been a busy summer.

But I have to tell you, BluUmbreon, two things: first, if "thats just unfare" refers to ScorpionX's Warning, then you'd get one too. Please don't dis the co-owners' decisions. You can say what you want in PMs. And also, it's against the Forum rules to discuss the AR (although I have absolutely no idea what "jeck for an AR" means).

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Still haven't gotten around to starting my turtwig hatching, finding it difficult to get the motivation to hunt, maybe HG/SS will change that

If you decide to start hatching soon, we could race for one.

I completed my Platinum file and have started hatchng Turtwig again; currently at 3194 eggs hatched. I wonder if it'll take longer that my shiny Totodile, who took 3411 eggs.

There's not long to HG/SS are out. I preordered Heart Gold (and hope it arrives before my holiday on the 19th ^^; ) I don't plan on SR'ing for a shiny starter, but I will be after a female Cyndaquil so that I can breed for a shiny one later on (seeing as my shiny Typhlosion is an Emerald RNG clone with no egg moves).

Good luck everyone. ^_^

EDIT: Never mind what I said about racing.... IT'S HERE! MY SHINY TURTWIG IS HERE! ^___^ After 3221 eggs, it's finally hatched - and it's a female one. It's Hardy natured (lol, another neutral one).

I didn't bother filming it hatching, but I did take a picture that I shall post soon.

EDIT 2: Picture - Shiny Turtwig hatched!

Now I can start hatching one of my other targets; probably Togepi (who I've already hatched 2390 of in Emerald).

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
It's mainly trading them over to pearl that i can't be bothered to do, ^_^'

I'll do it today then we can start racing.

As you may have seen in my last post, I just hatched my shiny Turtwig. But I've traded my Togekiss over to Platinum, so we can still have a general egg hatching race.

I also checked shiny Turtwig's IV's. They're not too bad:
Turtwig, Hardy nature, good perseverance
HP: 27
Att: 16
Def: 29
SpA: 19
SpD: 26
Speed: 4

She doesn't have any egg moves; but Turtwig doesn't really need any. My shiny Togepi on the other hand will have nasty plot and thunder wave as egg moves.

Good luck everyone. ^.^

Last edited:
@pucca ness. but if you save and reset the soft after finiding the IV's wouldnt that change the initial seed? if it doenst thatll be really easy then but i never reset cuz i got worried that my seed would change

Initial seed? =/ The ivs should be the same as when you caught it no? Even if you level up then soft reset?

Last night i was so happy, i finally fully ev trained my shiny Eevee and it was an Umbreon before SpDef was done (the first one i did) and then after doing all the Def training i looked at it just to gaze adoringly at it and i noticed the pokerus had gone away! Since i had no idea when it dissapeared i had to soft reset to do over!

EDIT: Just done a little research and i did not know that it became immune the monment it turned midnight. I started at like 5 to midnight! I also read the pokemon will keep the double ev gain even when immune but i don't know for sure, does it work? (If it does then boy do i feel silly). :p

Also no Larvitar shiny for me from that swarm.

I keep having dreams involving me finding lots of shinys!

Last edited:

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Initial seed? =/ The ivs should be the same as when you caught it no? Even if you level up then soft reset?

Last night i was so happy, i finally fully ev trained my shiny Eevee and it was an Umbreon before SpDef was done (the first one i did) and then after doing all the Def training i looked at it just to gaze adoringly at it and i noticed the pokerus had gone away! Since i had no idea when it dissapeared i had to soft reset to do over!

EDIT: Just done a little research and i did not know that it became immune the monment it turned midnight. I started at like 5 to midnight! I also read the pokemon will keep the double ev gain even when immune but i don't know for sure, does it work? (If it does then boy do i feel silly). :p

Also no Larvitar shiny for me from that swarm.

I keep having dreams involving me finding lots of shinys!

Yes you are silly :p, the PKRS thing goes away and it will be replaced with a smiley face, it still gives the double EV gain but it cant give any other pokemon it.

The initial seed changes everytime you click continue, just catch a lvl 50+ pokemon then instead of going to the IV section go to "Find initial seed by stats" section, type in the info of the pokemon you caught and resume :).
$
EV trained the shiny Slowking i bred (it has a calm nature which i think reduces spped) no just gotts level it.

Bob Chao

Deoxys, you're HEAVY
I, Bob Chao, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I would like to join the Shiny Pokémon Club because I have always loved Pokémon and have tried for many years to obtain a Shiny one. I had tried for Giratina even before Platinum was announced. Finally, on the twentieth of August, I obtained my very first shiny - one that I had been going for off and on for years - a shiny Shiny Female Shinx from a chain of 41. I can give you but, that's enough for now.

In addition to my Shiny hunting, I also know quite a bit about the game code, but refuse to RNG abuse or cheat. Some of the misconceptions I see floating around are: which apps advance the RNG, and how does the RNG run/seed. However, this already a decently long post and I'll wait for permission to be in the club before doing all that.

Toodles,

Bob

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
EV trained the shiny Slowking i bred (it has a calm nature which i think reduces spped) no just gotts level it.

Actually Calm nature is +sp.def -attack, so it's a pretty good nature for Slowking.

I've started hatching Togepi now. These eggs take a lot less time to hatch, and I've already hatched 146 so far today.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Welcome to the club, Bob Chao. Good job on the application too, clear and concise.

As far as RNG discussion goes, well in this club, the majority of our members don't do RNG shinies, and those that do, only do so for fun or to get really hard shinies. So an in-depth guide wouldn't serve many of us, especially seeing as most of us know to find a huge in-depth guide over @smogon.

That said, what few of us are having misconceptions, or need clarifications about are what affects the IRNG. The RNG that controls shiny breeding, but only in relation to which Poketch applications affect the IRNG. If you have some more information on what does and doesn't advance the IRNG, then please feel free to enlighten us. :D

Hiya Helio. As soon as i saw your post earlier today, I thought, shes got another shiny, but nope, you were just making a regular ol' post. Then i come back like 4 hours later, and sure enough, theres an edit in place, and you've got another shiny.

Congrats on the shiny Turtwig. :)

Heya DD, thanks for the congrats, nice to see another familiar face making a post, seems like a few members are coming back to post, seeing as the summer frivolities are almost at an end.

Good luck everyone on your hunts.

Last edited:

Bob Chao

Deoxys, you're HEAVY
I thank you kindly for allowing me in kirkeastment, I hope to contribute what I can.

The IRNG is advanced by the following: egg creation (+1 for non-international parents; +4 otherwise, unless it's a shiny in which case you don't care); using app 15 coin flip (+1); and simply having app 6 friendship checker out (+2 times Pokémon in team each time it shows up including going in and out of houses and using the PC, eggs do not count as Pokémon).

Also, more on topic, I am currently trying to hatch a Shiny Magikarp. I'm at 191 eggs so far.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Bob Chao, are you using the Masuda Method to hatch Magikarp? Because that increases the chance of getting a shiny, making the chance 1 out of 2048 instead of 1 out of 8192. Breeding an English language Pokemon with a Japanese one will do this.

I'm still having a shiny drought, sadly. I tried to chain Starly in the car yesterday, and of all the places a shiny patch could shake... it chose where the potion guy was standing. :U All I was thinking then was "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE DUDE.". Why can patches shake where NPCs are standing? e_O

cool pichu

sparky eared
i cool pichu have read the rules and want to join
the only shiny that i have is the shiny milotic for the pokemon championship
it is at lv. 100 right now and is my strongest pokemon at the time
i am looking for latios shiny in saphirre right now

Last edited:

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
i cool pichu have read the rules and want to join
the only shiny that i have is the shiny milotic for the pokemon championship
it is at lv. 100 right now and is my strongest pokemon at the time

You might need to go back and re-read the rules... You've missed out on the most important part of your join-request post. :/

- - - - -
Besides that, it looks like I'm really getting back into the feel of shiny hunting. I'm playing through my GBA Sapphire, making sure I do extra encounters and extra training just for that off-chance that a shiny pops up.

And later on I'm most definitely gonna try and hunt for either a Carvanha or a Feebas. ;3

Mudkip8003

Yup, it's me. And guess what? I got a shiny Chimchar and Darkrai! Ya, Chimchar with Masuda Method and Darkrai by SRing. I feel so good with my first legendary shiny! Well, I got to go now. See ya

Last edited:

Camellrupt

Sarcastic Douchebag
I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT!!!!! i cuaght my first chained shiny well actually i cought 5 shiny shinx im so happy lol it was the first time i got to 40 and bam shiny patch

next im gonna musauda method for a shiny magikarp with my friends japanese ditto

congrats on all the shinys ill start shiny hunting after my guitar exam wish me luck

Bossk

Like a champ.
I Bossk hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them

I would like to join because I want to start collecting Shinies and are very interested in them. I feel like god when I see one. I really want to be part of the community and club and think I'll have fun with you guys.

hey guys. I like Shinies and are going to start getting them The first I obtained on my own was not searching for a shiney. I was trying to get tiny mushrooms by going into Mt. Moon and having a pokemon with knock off and getting their mushrooms and I found a Shiny PARAS!!!! I caught it and evolved it into Parasect and I'm deciding whether or not to migrate it to Pearl....I want to start collecting shinies...first...my favorite pokemon Pidgeot

Last edited:

Bob Chao

Deoxys, you're HEAVY
Bob Chao, are you using the Masuda Method to hatch Magikarp? Because that increases the chance of getting a shiny, making the chance 1 out of 2048 instead of 1 out of 8192. Breeding an English language Pokemon with a Japanese one will do this.

Yes, yes I am. I am breeding my Foppa (Meister's Magikarp) with Mander; my affectionate nickname for my Japanese Charmander whose name I would not otherwise be able to pronounce.

Yup, it's me. And guess what? I got a shiny Chimchar and Darkrai! Ya, Chimchar with Masuda Method and Darkrai by SRing. I feel so good with my first legendary shiny!

Herecross
Turtwig
Chimchar
Buizel
Cranidos
Kadabra
Marril
Aipom
Eevee

Congratulations! I guess you need to change your signature now though...

In other news:

I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT!!!!! i cuaght my first chained shiny well actually i cought 5 shiny shinx im so happy lol it was the first time i got to 40 and bam shiny patch

next im gonna musauda method for a shiny magikarp with my friends japanese ditto

I think you are I are clones or something Camellrupt; except, of course, you have four more Shiny Shinx than I do. Well done. However, my Shiny Shinx has Intimidate with Jolly and 23 Spd IVS with 22 Atk IVs.

And finally - because I'm posting anyways - my Magikarp egg count is at 220. I am trying to figure some more game coding using these Magikarp, wish me luck in both my shiny endeavors and mechanic endeavors.

Bob Chao, out.

EDIT: Off-Topic
I cannot figure out how to use multiple quotes, and could not properly credit those posts which I quoted, help with this, in PM or spoiler would be appreciated.

Last edited:

sunkirby

<-OMG ITS A GHASTLY!
huh.

Yes, yes I am. I am breeding my Foppa (Meister's Magikarp) with Mander; my affectionate nickname for my Japanese Charmander whose name I would not otherwise be able to pronounce.

Unfortunately, im pretty sure that Meister's pokemon do not give you masude method viability, as it was formed in your game. It gives the german dex, but it doesn't give you a usable masude parent. sorry.

in other news, ive been SRing for darkrai, and found out you can kill it, then come back and SR whenever. so yeah. i took a break. :p ive still only done like 100, and id like to say that i am learning how to rng abuse, but not for shinies for this club obviously. Im just just trying to get viable pokemon to use and trade that are semi legit. as i am sick of not being able to use then on PRB's wifi. Im starting with my Diamond game to get the three pixies+Dialga. im sure if i get a good azelf, that thing will FLY off the shelves for trading.

However, im confused over one thing. IRNG is for legends only right? or...am i just.... somebody just help me learn please. im struggling to learn how to do it myself, i think i can figure it out but idk how to get to the shiny frame for azelf, or what frame i should get. to boost it all i dont have windows so i will need either someone else to run my calc and see what frame i need for azelf/mesprit/uxie/dialga or i just need to get freaking windows for my mac already.

so yeah. thats it. for NOW. :p

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Unfortunately, im pretty sure that Meister's pokemon do not give you masude method viability, as it was formed in your game. It gives the german dex, but it doesn't give you a usable masude parent. sorry.

in other news, ive been SRing for darkrai, and found out you can kill it, then come back and SR whenever. so yeah. i took a break. :p ive still only done like 100, and id like to say that i am learning how to rng abuse, but not for shinies for this club obviously. Im just just trying to get viable pokemon to use and trade that are semi legit. as i am sick of not being able to use then on PRB's wifi. Im starting with my Diamond game to get the three pixies+Dialga. im sure if i get a good azelf, that thing will FLY off the shelves for trading.

However, im confused over one thing. IRNG is for legends only right? or...am i just.... somebody just help me learn please. im struggling to learn how to do it myself, i think i can figure it out but idk how to get to the shiny frame for azelf, or what frame i should get. to boost it all i dont have windows so i will need either someone else to run my calc and see what frame i need for azelf/mesprit/uxie/dialga or i just need to get freaking windows for my mac already.

so yeah. thats it. for NOW. :p

The IRNG is for breeding only.

Legends like any other pokemon are affect by the regular RNG.

Bob Chao, is you want to quote more than one person, then hit the button that looks like it has "99" emboldened over it. Its the button right next to the quote button. This button is "Multi-Quote", all you need to is click on that symbol, on all the posts you wish you to reply to, and then click on the reply button at the bottom of the page.

Welcome to the club Bossk, and you've brought a very nice shiny into the club, a shiny Paras. I don't think many members here have one of those.

Last edited:

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Just got a chain of Magbys upto 40 :D

Originally when D/P came out I hated the design of Magmortar, but
he has grown on me. One will make a perfect addition to my "Shiny Sunny
Day Team". I'll post pictures when I encounter one.

*EDIT* WOOT! First Shiny Magby caught:

Img00018.jpg

Img00019.jpg

Img00020.jpg

Img00021.jpg

Calculated the IV's:

HP: 30 (Great!)
Atk: 20 (Don't Care)
Def: 19 (Ehh)
Sp Atk: 3 (....WHY?!....)
Sp Def: 28 (Great!)
Spd: 31 (WONDERFUL!)

*EDIT* Found another:

IV's:

HP: 17
Atk: 7
Def: 23
Sp. Atk: 30
Sp. Def: 28
Spd: 4

Out of the two Magby's I've caught so far, which would you use; The Faster one or the one with higher Special Attack and lower Speed? Both are Modest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.