• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
You need 2 GBAs, 1 has to be a regular gba glacier type(which means sps and micros wont work) the other can be a sp. You need a link wire, a ereader, and a southern island ticket. the rest explains itself.

2 sps wont work because when the reader is in a sp it blocks the link therefor you cant trade with a ereader in a sp.

That's not true i've done it with 2 sps. I will try and find my linkcable for sp again (i always use my micro's to trade my own pokémons) and i will put it up how to go about it with 2 sp's. To Prove it: check this link

I've been sring for giratina while watching some tv the last few days but nothing showed up. I'm not actully hunting it like crazy. The memebers card is still at the pokémarkt in there so i hope i get the shiny one soon. I also need to start my second platinum to get the members card in there.

I've trained my pickup team and i also started to hunt for a shiny paras. I've done around 200 atm (no shiny paras offcourse) but i have picked up alot of good stuff (+15 rare candy, +20 PP up and a few of those rare berry's, also alot of cheri berry, oran berry and the other berry's).

@ShinyFUFU: You still alive? It's been a while since you posted and i really starting to miss you mate ;).

Good luck to all, i hope i can post some more news with a shiny soon.

Last edited:

redpixie

*Pink Shiny Hunter*
Wow its got a bit quiet here on the forums...and unless im blind not many new shinies :O

I'm continuing on with SR'ing for kyogre but nothing yet, have decided that I will just use my masterball as soon as it appears and then go hunting for shiny whismur!

I also stocked up on pokeballs and super repels to start my chaining for shiny wooper which i was gonna do today...buuut then I realised its friday so im currently saved in front of Drifloon to do some SR's for an old target of mine :)

Also slathered some honey on the tree right next to Drifloon to continue with a trick i figured out last time I was SR'ing for Drifloon which means IF the tree attracts an AIPOM I will then SR for that and Drifloon at the same time ;)

good luck to everyone on their hunts!

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
I've got a good 750 or so encounters down for my Fiery Path hunt, and I've also picked up on a SR on my irl Sapphire game.

I'm sticking to it, too.
I felt so accomplished SRing for half an hour, until I realised I could only manage 3 SRs a minute! ;o; But at least that's a good 225 SRs all done. I might just start making a tally instead and SR a certain amount each day.

Again, good luck on the hunts!

ToonLinkBrawler

Legendary Hunter
Well, I put up a Manaphy for a Lv. 100 Ursaring, hoping for a new addition to my team, I check the next day, BAM, a shiny Lv. 100 legit Ursaring, can't check IV's due to it being trained though :(

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Well, yesterday, I recieved a WiFi USB Connector in the mail, meaning I can now go on WiFi! I took a break in the Darkrai SRing to go on WiFi. I already posted a battle video (for those wondering, I can't recall the number at the moment, but my team was Shuppet, Munchlax, Bonsly, Duskull, Clamperl, and my shiny Wormadam (Sandy Cloak). I'll edit this post with the number of the battle video for those interested later), posted box data (includes a fair number of my shinies, is labeled "Battle 1", and the first three are my shiny Kanto starters), and did a few trades. Two, mainly. I traded a Flygon for a shiny Shaymin, and an Arcanine for a Japanese Ditto. Oddly, the Gracidea doesn't work on the shiny Shaymin, at any time of the day! Any idea why, anyone? However, the japanese Ditto is great news for me, because I can exploit the Masuda Method to the fullest extent. I'm already using it for Magikarp eggs, more as a way to confirm that it wasn't somehow disabled in my game, seeing as my past efforts to hatch a shiny that way have all ended in dismal, frustrating failure. And Magikarp eggs hatch the fastest out of anything. Plus, shiny Gyarados are just cool, even if I already have another shiny Gyarados and am getting two more once I get HeartGold and SoulSilver. On that subject, I am amazed that they've actually announced the games in America already! Usually they wait until after the Japanese release! Not that I'm complaining, mind you!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
M.M, the Gracidea Flower only works on Shaymin that were obtained via "a fateful encounter", so that Shaymin you got is either hacked or was captured via the Tweaking Glitch. As for the Masuda Method, it works for all games. Make sure that when you start hatching eggs, you are committed to hatching without turning off your games; by doing this, you basically guarantee that you'll get a shiny.

Redostrike, I haven't been posting because I haven't been shiny hunting.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
M.M, the Gracidea Flower only works on Shaymin that were obtained via "a fateful encounter", so that Shaymin you got is either hacked or was captured via the Tweaking Glitch. As for the Masuda Method, it works for all games. Make sure that when you start hatching eggs, you are committed to hatching without turning off your games; by doing this, you basically guarantee that you'll get a shiny.

We cannot turn the games off?

Damn and I've done 210 Eggs.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
You can turn your games off, it's just that every time you turn your game on and press "Continue", the "shiny frame" at which your shiny Pokemon will be located is already set. So if the frame is, say, 2833, that means you will have to hatch 2833 eggs in order for you to get your shiny. That is, if you don't do other things to advance or reset your frame, such as going on Wi-Fi or using certain Poketch Apps.

In fact, I think all Apps (aside from the Coin Flip App) advance your frame if you keep them out a certain amount time, so it's best to hatch eggs while you have the Coin Flip App out. If you need a break, just put your game in Sleep Mode.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!

umm correct me if im wrong but isnt it that you cannot OBTAIN the gracidea flower without a fateful encounter shaymin, but it can be used on all shaymin?

Midnight Shadows

< Shine please x.x
Congrats on the latest shinies everyone ^^ (Sorry for not mentioning names :x)

Well, nothing new to report here, still hunting Mesprit so it's day 18 (well 17, because I didn't hunt a day, if you count that?) I won't be hunting as much because of all the studying for school I have to do. Not sure of how many SRs its been for Mesprit, or even hours..I have lost track :/ I just hope you all believe me when the time comes and I get shiny Mesprit cause I don't know how many SRs or hours its been and I don't want to get flammed :V

...Anyways, good luck guys ^^

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
You can turn your games off, it's just that every time you turn your game on and press "Continue", the "shiny frame" at which your shiny Pokemon will be located is already set. So if the frame is, say, 2833, that means you will have to hatch 2833 eggs in order for you to get your shiny. That is, if you don't do other things to advance or reset your frame, such as going on Wi-Fi or using certain Poketch Apps.

In fact, I think all Apps (aside from the Coin Flip App) advance your frame if you keep them out a certain amount time, so it's best to hatch eggs while you have the Coin Flip App out. If you need a break, just put your game in Sleep Mode.

See I have hatched 210 Eggs. However I have turned my game off like 6 times now or something like that. I've battled wild Pokemon, and I have changed App many times.

I am a little unsure what to do now.

geostigma

Nice! About how many SRs was that? And 4 days, that must have been nice (compared to my Palkia who took 2 weeks or so).

I guess around 4000-4500 SRs or so. I didn't count :).
Anyway I took a day off (no pokemon) yesterday. Finally I can finish my platinum haha.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
umm correct me if im wrong but isnt it that you cannot OBTAIN the gracidea flower without a fateful encounter shaymin, but it can be used on all shaymin?
Is that it? I was under the impression that what I said is what is true. To be honest, I'm not sure.

BlueEew, just keep hatching. It's not that important because the chance is still 1/2048.

ToonLinkBrawler

Legendary Hunter

Nope, I've tried, only Event and Platinum Shaymin will be affected by the Gracidea Flower

Feraligatr Is God

Feraligatr Trainer
I Feraligatr Is God hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I wanna join because i love shiny pokemon and i am a hunter.

I also wanna advice on how to catch shinys the only shinys i caught were Seaking, Totodile, Swinub and Krabby on Crystal and i cant remember but i think i caught a shiny Paras on Leaf Green i cant remember so if you got any advice on how to catch shiny pokemon on Emerald(im currently completeing it again) i would like to know. thank you.

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!
That's not true i've done it with 2 sps. I will try and find my linkcable for sp again (i always use my micro's to trade my own pokémons) and i will put it up how to go about it with 2 sp's. To Prove it: check this link

Hmm well for my 2 sps it doesnt. Your sps are differant then mine. Looks like there some special kind or something. I believe you but for the normal sps or maybe its just my blue one you cant. I cant make a website like you but it doesnt work for mine :(.
Got my eon ticket in the mail today I'll load a picture of it for "proof" when I get my shiny.

You Guys who is all resettng for a shiny darkrai seems like theres a lot! we should have a competion for it. Im at a 1000+ have to check. Please I would like to race someone.

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
Hmm well for my 2 sps it doesnt. Your sps are differant then mine. Looks like there some special kind or something. I believe you but for the normal sps or maybe its just my blue one you cant. I cant make a website like you but it doesnt work for mine :(.
Got my eon ticket in the mail today I'll load a picture of it for "proof" when I get my shiny.

You Guys who is all resettng for a shiny darkrai seems like theres a lot! we should have a competion for it. Im at a 1000+ have to check. Please I would like to race someone.

Yeah I tried using the e-reader last night with 2 sp's, and it didn't work, so I bought an old, severely scratched GBA on ebay for $8. then today I read redostrike's post and got my 2 sp's to work. (thanks redostrike, but too late) $8 dollars isn't too much wasted though. I'm still waiting for my Eon ticket to arrive, as I type this I'm at the E4 in Ruby so once it gets here I can start trying to get shiny Latias.

Last edited:

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!

No problem i just love to read your post but you already know that ;)

I am a little unsure what to do now.

Just hatch eggs dont turn your ds off put it in sleep mode (and charger ofcourse). Keep on hatching eggs until you get i shiny.

I think it has nothing to do with the 2 Special gba those are just limited editions i'm sure it works with normal ones to. Actully now you mentioned it i would love to try it out. And thats no problem for me as i have 7 Gba sp (2 wich have normal colors and no LTD). (For people asking why i have 7 gba sp i'm a nintendo collector so i's normal ;) i also have 7 Gba micro). Btw that is not creating a website :p it looks dull and has no layout :), prolly gonna update my shiny site soon with some layout soon if i got some spare time and a good idea.

Yeah I tried using the e-reader last night with 2 sp's, and it didn't work, so I bought an old, severely scratched GBA on ebay for $8. then today I read redostrike's post and got my 2 sp's to work. (thanks redostrike, but too late) $8 dollars isn't too much wasted though. I'm still waiting for my Eon ticket to arrive, as I type this I'm at the E4 in Ruby so once it gets here I can start trying to get shiny Latias.

No problem i think i'm going to leave it there update it a bit for other people. Please dont post this on others sites yet guys you can do that when my new site is done.

I also been hunting for giratina and a bit more for paras, i'm not sure where i'm with it as i will count the PP when i finish with all my pokémons i did 1 meoth wich has a total of 100 PP and the i also did a few other i'm geussing im at 280 or so. The tiny mushrooms are comming good and the items are floating in it's nice to hunt like this you will get a shiny eventally and you get alot of other cool stuff out of it too.

Good luck to all who is hunting.

TheShinyHunter

<- Ur gonna be mine!
Congrats for all the shinies (when was the last one again :p)
I didnt get any luck lately. Started a new data in my platinum and im currently SRing For giratina.
BTW i got a short incidence i wanna discuss:-
One day i went shopping with my dad and found my neighbor in the Gaming store i went with him (He was buying pearl) so when we got back home i decided to play a new game in diamond and he started hes pearl we were leveling up in the first grass (between Sandgem and twinleaf town) (but i went and got some balls from dawn) then he found a shiny Bidoof (but sadly didnt have any balls) then in less than 5 minutes i FOUND A SHINY BIDOOF (its my first and only random shiny in ma entire life. I played all gamez from red to platinum) but luckily i had balls and caught it
(later on in the game my neighbor found a shiny staravia and a shiny gastly and i didnt get anymore randoms :p).
So i wanted to know was it a coincidence or what ?
Sorry if it was long and boring, No story is not worth hearing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.