• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Congrats on the shiny Turtwig!! :3 I'm never too fussy with natures, so a neutral nature is alot better than a negative one, right? <3

Well, I'm shocked.
I was chaining lastnight, and I actually got to 40. o:
It was a play chain, too, I wasn't expecting to get far, and then poof! I was at 30, so I decided to start being a little more serious, and I got to 40 easily~ <3

Sure, it was a swarm, but even still, I'm glad. =D
Took me nearly 20 kinds of Pokeballs to catch lil' shiny Beldum, though. I was so tired lastnight, so it was really really hard to concentrate on the screen, let alone in the desert.

Threw it on standby for the night, so I'll continue the chain while I'm with dad working (he's travelling a bit today). Hopefully I can grab another. ;3

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Congrats on the shiny Turtwig!! :3 I'm never too fussy with natures, so a neutral nature is alot better than a negative one, right? <3

Well, I'm shocked.
I was chaining lastnight, and I actually got to 40. o:
It was a play chain, too, I wasn't expecting to get far, and then poof! I was at 30, so I decided to start being a little more serious, and I got to 40 easily~ <3

Sure, it was a swarm, but even still, I'm glad. =D
Took me nearly 20 kinds of Pokeballs to catch lil' shiny Beldum, though. I was so tired lastnight, so it was really really hard to concentrate on the screen, let alone in the desert.

Threw it on standby for the night, so I'll continue the chain while I'm with dad working (he's travelling a bit today). Hopefully I can grab another. ;3

Thanks! Hatched a shiny chimchar and Piplp too today (all by RNG) method, i will stop now, just wanted to give it a trial :D.
Not much else to say few more clefairy SR's but thats about it, and when i et my shiny deoxys on fire red im starting over to SR for starters and shiny fossils E.C.T :D.

Good luck everyone!!

Ammako

Well today i found out you CAN find out your secret ID if you have 4 or more shinies that have been chained, so i decided to test out the RNG method and it worked, so if you have 4 or more shinies that have been changed you can find out your Secret ID!

How about you tell us how we do that?
That would help many people that want to use the RNG method without having to find a 1/8192 shiny.
It might be a bit complicated to get 4 chained shinies, though.
But most people alerady have at least 4, anyway.

That would help many people that want to use the RNG method without having to find a 1/8192 shiny.

That RNG thing absolutely does not work for me(I cant find the stupid seed thing or whatever). But dont you think RNGing for an egg shiny is a little like cheating for one. I mean it might take a little bit but Its pretty much the same as an action replay hack. I just dont think RNG shinys are great at all, I think it takes the fun away.

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
Hi guys/gals,

I havent posted in a very long time here.

First i would like to congrats kirkeastment with becoming co-owner Shinyfufu / Scorp have made good desicion to let you be co-owner.

Also congrats on the many many shiny's i've missed, i've seen helio's Kyogre, MM Gyarados, also a bulbasaur and alot of other shiny's.

I havent been hunting too much latly a bit of sring for giratina here and there and a few paras encounters. Also a bit of Numel / Machop encounters.

I'm thinking of picking up on hunting again i'll prolly be doing more when i have my JAP SS here. (I really want a shiny chiko).

I'm still not posting to much here back in the club as i prolly wont get a shiny soon (not hunting to much is no new shiny :D).

Good luck to all.

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
Hey everyone, I'm trying not to post until I get a shiny, but I just pre-ordered HeartGold from Gamestop. It was funny because the employees started arguing over which version was better. One told the other that Lugia beats Ho oh and all. I believe they said it was scheduled for April 4th. Anyway, I'm past 10,000 resets with Latias, which doesn't make me very happy.

sunkirby

<-OMG ITS A GHASTLY!
lol the funny thing about them arguing is you get both in both versions. so the real argument shud be turned to groudon/kyogre. lawl. hilarious.

anyway, i havent put many resets in yet out of pure laziness, ive maybe put in 100 max for darkrai. of course, not shiny yet. i wud be like 10x more excited if i had gotten shiny.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
In the shadows of newmoon island, lurks a shiny Darkrai!

Hey Guys! looks like there is a some people to congrat!
;10372310][IMG200]http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz242/Jackbri/101_0560.jpg[/IMG200]]

Well done dude! and weldone for hatching the shiny Piplup and Chimchar too! Don't listen to what other people say...I use the egg RNG method too! I have over 11 shinys that way including Spritomb, Rotom and also Piplup and Turtwig! (havn't got Chimchar yet) And Lonestar...Are you feeling better yet? you obviously are cos you snagged a shiny Beldum! nice!!!, So what about me? umm...you're not actually going to believe me but I'll say anyway...Yesterday I got the members card! (as my friend has Wifi on DS!) so I decided that day I'd sit down and do a good old SR for a shiny Darkrai! and well...about 1/2 hour in...
[/IMG200]
491.png
[/IMG200] This appeared on my screen...I was like.......no one will believe this....It was a long battle! and I couldn't catch it for love or money! Darkrai was getting ready to use struggle and I could not let that happen! so I had no choice but to trow my one and only master ball given to me by Cyrus at it (thats right! I'm no noobie...I DON'T USE MASTER BALLS ON GIRATINA AT THE START OF THE STORY! YOU DON'T NEED TO!) (I caught Giratina in a dusk ball on the first try!) so yeah, shiny Darkrai! This is really weird because I caught a shiny Dialga 2 days ago! so hers it's Stats -
Nature - Timid (I did not Snch this! why do people like Timid? I'd pefer a Modest one!)
Charcteristic - Mischievious (Same as Dialga!)
HP - 142
ATK - 95
DEF - 95
SP.ATK - 155
SP.DEF - 109
SPEED - 157
IVs -
HP - 24
ATK - 22
DEF - 1
SP.ATK - 31!!!!!(WHAT!?!? AGAIN!)
SP.DEF - 29
SPEED - 26
No doubt Kirkeastment will comment on this...can't believe it has 31 SP.ATK! just like Dialga!

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Sigh... a shiny Turtwig. A sight I'd like to see in my game one day. But it won't be for a while as I decided to take a break from hatching and complete the game.

And right now I'm saved in-front of Giratina. Yep, I've decided to SR for a shiny one. I already have a shiny Gratina from Pearl (who took 13,188 SR to appear) but my synchroniser failed to work, so I'd like one with the right nature (Bold).

I'm also still hunting in Sapphire's route 117 for a random shiny. And I've started hatching Buneary again in Pearl 2. And I've restarted Emerald again to get another file with an early shiny frame.

So I'm going to be busy. Good luck guys. ^.^

EDIT: I've changed my mind - I'm not going to SR for a shiny Giratina, I'm just going to try for a good IV'd Bold natured one (though if a shiny one turns up first I'll take that instead)

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Poke-Glitch, wow, damn right i'm gonna comment on it. :)

Thats freaking awesome. Kind of a shame that it ain't got 31 IV in speed, would've been a killer otherwise, but still 26 is nothing to slam. Congrats. :D

Congrats LSA on getting a shiny beldum, regardless of swarm, beldum is the hardest wild pokemon to capture, quite possibly the hardest pokemon in-game to capture, given its 3 capture rate, and the fact it has only a recoil move, well done on managing to capture at least one.

No new shinies here, but good to see people getting some very nice shinies.

Good luck everyone.

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again

To find your Secret ID you must download RNG reporter 7.0 which can be found here:

This is how to find it with 5 or more chained shinies (can be the same species)

http://www.eggmove.com/rngreporter/

Step 1: Make sure you know the IV's of the pokemon but keep the game you want the find the Secret ID near you ON.

Step 2: Extract the Program.

Step 3: Load RNG reporter and click on IV/Dex check.
You already know the IV's of your pokemon but you need to find out if you pokemon has ability 0 or 1(or if it is single ability it will come up as both the same). So go to pokemon scroll until you find all of yours and you should be done. (note: you need to remember wether its ability 0 or 1)

Step 4: you need to know the Gender of the pokemon and what are the cances of its gender (i used serebii pokedex)

Step 5: Go to chain to SID.
Type in all the information about your chained pokemon.
Where it says HP ATK DEF SpA SpD and Spe you type in the IV's.

Step 6: CLick calculate (do not click ok) then the info you put in should be at the bottom, repeat 4-5 times until it tells you, your Secret ID at the bottom.
If your number is 4 digits there is a 0 infront of it.

You now know your Secret ID :D.
Hope this can help anyone.

bluejay12357

←Most wanted atm
I bluejay12357 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

ya i like the RNG method too...but i have a question about it.

is there like anyway to use the RNG method without consuming rare candies? cuz its so hard to get rare candies lol

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Welcome to the club bluejay! About your RNG question yes, there is another way! the rare candys are to find your pokemon's IVs, however you could just go to a place where you can catch a lv.50 or higher (I recommend the resort area) catch the pokemon then the pokemons stats into the RNG reporter and it will still give you your instial seed, hope this helps! P.S could you tell us what your first shiny pokemon was in your next post (excluding red Gyradoes in Gold, Silver and Crystal) Thanks.

@Bluejay12357: You could also SAVE before using the candies then soft reset after you've found out the IVs. OR get a team of pick up pokemon. Or do both then you'll be swimming in candy.

Dammit Poke-Glitch you are immensly lucky, the amount of time some people here have spent trying to see a shiny Darkrai (or any shiny legendary for that matter) and you get one in half an hour or something. And the ivs... Just ridiculously lucky, the exact opposite from the Moltres i saw posted before you. Well Done though =P I hope i never have to fight it.

Still no luck for me on the Kyogre and i've yet to evolve my Eevee i'm looking to EV train it but at least it's at the right happiness level, just got to wait for night to fall.

My swarm today is Larvitar... i REALLY want a shiny Larvitar but i need the power SpDef and Def items from the battle frontier ahh! Both could take all day to get judging by my luck.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Guys, won't be here for two days so don't expect me...good luck fellow shiny hunters! bye!

shinyS33ker

Please be shiny
Congrats to everyones new shinys, i know its not that great but i was just messing around chaining and with 1 max repel and on the 16 starly a shiny (its now staraptor with pokerus.

bluejay12357

←Most wanted atm
edit: sry my computer lagged and double posted...how do you delete posts???lol
edit2: i got it lol

haha sry poke-glitch

so umm my first shiny was in pearl version...a pineco at a chain of 0...i just got really lucky at that time =]

but now i chain alot and caught like 18 over the last month wen i really started chaining lol.. its not that much but its a start.

@pucca ness. but if you save and reset the soft after finiding the IV's wouldnt that change the initial seed? if it doenst thatll be really easy then but i never reset cuz i got worried that my seed would change.

Last edited:

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Congrats LSA on getting a shiny beldum, regardless of swarm, beldum is the hardest wild pokemon to capture, quite possibly the hardest pokemon in-game to capture, given its 3 capture rate, and the fact it has only a recoil move, well done on managing to capture at least one.
Damn straight it's hard to catch!! ;o;
The first Beldum had only 3 Take Downs left before a Timer Ball finally got him captured...

I resetted the radar some more times while on a car trip with my dad. I was scared as heck for losing my chain (since chaining in the car is very difficult), but luckily Platinum's easier to spot grass patches, and a shiny patch appeared a good 10-20 minutes later (I was going very slow and waiting 'till the sun wasn't glaring on the screen each time I reset).

Unfortunately the second one didn't like Pokeballs very much. As soon as it used Struggle for the first time I knew I'd have to throw a Masterball. ;o;

I stopped the chain after those two, though. My only reason for chaining Beldums was for a friend of mine (he's going through a tough time and we both thought chaining for each other would be fun), but I wanted one for myself afterwards. |3

Sad thing is, the Masterball-caught one is Hasty nature...
The one I'm keeping has a nature that ups its Special Defense (can't remember which one it was. It's on a Japanese Platinum), so I guess that's better than Hasty!!

Planning on hitting the Pokeradar again. Not too sure about Seviper today, because my swarm is Dunsparce, in the same location. Unless I can find Seviper in another route, then I'll probably try for something else.

Congrats on the Darkrai, Poke-Glitch... I envy your luck so bad. ;o;
And the shiny Turtwig looks sweet, too~

And shiny Starlys are awesome!! Especially on early shiny patches/random encounters while chaining. I have lots of shiny Starlys, I just can't get enough of those things. <333

Last edited:

ScorpionX

820 eggs so far
Guys, won't be here for two days so don't expect me...good luck fellow shiny hunters! bye!

You have a warning for this post, one liners aren't allowed as per the club rules, and especially not posts that are completely and utterly irrelevent to the club.

Still haven't gotten around to starting my turtwig hatching, finding it difficult to get the motivation to hunt, maybe HG/SS will change that

Poke-Glitch... thats just unfare. But I had some luck with one of my shinys IVs,

I know its a little late but here are the IVs of the shiny Hardy ralts

HP 14
Att 26(hey thats pretty good)
Def 3(could be better)
SpAtt 15
SpDef 20
Spd 31(heck yeah, hypnosis Gallade here I come!)

Im really glad with the Ivs, but the nature could of been better. Oh well. Im gonna probably be not posting for a while so,

peace out(oh and poke-glitch, Im coming to your house at night to check for an AR)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.