• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
^___^

After only 350 eggs, I just hatched a shiny Togepi in Platinum. He's Relaxed natured and has serene grace (yay!). It's so nice to hatch a shiny quickly after haing to hatch over 3000 ggs for my other two.

Picture: shiny Togepi hatched!

Now I have to decide what to hatch next...

EDIT: Have started hatching Pichu, with wish/volt tackle as egg moves.

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Congrats on all the new shinies everyone has gotten.

Well I don't have a new shiny, but I am chaining for a shiny Sunkern in Platinum. I already have a shiny one in Diamond, but I want another one to evolve into a Sunflora.

Other than that, I've been running around in LeafGreen levelling up my Primape, hoping for a random shiny to pop up. I also did a bit of hunting for shiny Slugma and SRing for shiny Latias. I'm hoping to get at least one more shiny before I get SoulSilver. See ya later!

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Congrats on all the new shinies everyone has gotten.

Well I don't have a new shiny, but I am chaining for a shiny Sunkern in Platinum. I already have a shiny one in Diamond, but I want another one to evolve into a Sunflora.

;O; You actually managed to chain in such a small area of grass!? PLEASE explain how, because I've been wanting to grab myself a shiny Sunkern for a while, wether it be chaining or anything. I've always hoped to get lucky and have an early shiny patch, but of course, that never happened. |D
(or was that shiny Sunkern of yours on Diamond hatched?)

Congrats on the Togepi, Helio! Hopefully when I start hatching Chinchous again, my shiny will show up that quick~ o3o Do you save and reload every now and then, or do you just leave it on the whole time?

And congrats on the two Modest shiny Magbys, TKoHo-Oh (too lazy to spell your whole name. You need a nickname...).

Bossk

Like a champ.
The IRNG is for breeding only.

Legends like any other pokemon are affect by the regular RNG.

Bob Chao, is you want to quote more than one person, then hit the button that looks like it has "99" emboldened over it. Its the button right next to the quote button. This button is "Multi-Quote", all you need to is click on that symbol, on all the posts you wish you to reply to, and then click on the reply button at the bottom of the page.

Welcome to the club Bossk, and you've brought a very nice shiny into the club, a shiny Paras. I don't think many members here have one of those.
Yeah. Sorry to say, though I have been reading posts and I'm pretty confused. Like what's SRing ect...

but yeah. I felt so good after catching it. It was funny. My sister started over in her Platinum and she found a SHINY BIDOOF, but she didn't have any pokeballs yet....I was so mad at her and she was mad at herself. lol

Oh, so am I accepted into the club? Just wondering so I don't keep making posts

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
And congrats on the two Modest shiny Magbys, TKoHo-Oh (too lazy to spell your whole name. You need a nickname...).

Thanks, if you don't feel like writing out my whole name; "King" is
fine as a nickname :)

I decided to keep the faster Magby and give the stronger one to
my brother inexchange for a Magmarizer. Going to try and chain Elekids
tonight I think.

Kudos to Helio on the Togepi! My shiny Togekis is one of my favorites
and I almost always use it in battle.

what's SRing

It stand for "Soft Reset" you save in front of a legendary or a similar
pokemon encounter, check to see if it's shiny, if not you hit L+R+Start+Select
to reset and try again. I like your signature Bossk. Pidgeot will always be my
one of my favorites. :D

Mudkip8003

Congrats on the two Magbys King and the Togepi Helio! No shinys on my end since Darkrai and Chimchar. Anyway, on a lighter note, HGSS is comeing out in 6 days for Japan! I figured a lot of people would get it to get some shinys so I left a note. See you later and good luck!

Bob Chao

Deoxys, you're HEAVY
Unfortunately, im pretty sure that Meister's pokemon do not give you masude method viability, as it was formed in your game. It gives the german dex, but it doesn't give you a usable masude parent. sorry.

However, im confused over one thing. IRNG is for legends only right? or...am i just.... somebody just help me learn please. im struggling to learn how to do it myself, i think i can figure it out but idk how to get to the shiny frame for azelf, or what frame i should get. to boost it all i dont have windows so i will need either someone else to run my calc and see what frame i need for azelf/mesprit/uxie/dialga or i just need to get freaking windows for my mac already.

You missed the part where I said my Japanese Charmander. I'm just using Foppa because I already had her and she was female.

EDIT: My game is US. So, Foppa is US. Just FYI.

IRNG is for eggs, the coin flip app (app 15), and the friendship checker app (app 6). The RNG or PRNG is for everything else that is random.

Bob Chao, is you want to quote more than one person, then hit the button that looks like it has "99" emboldened over it. Its the button right next to the quote button. This button is "Multi-Quote", all you need to is click on that symbol, on all the posts you wish you to reply to, and then click on the reply button at the bottom of the page.

Thank you, kirkeastment, but Pingouin7 already helped me in VM.

Congratulations, The King of Ho-oh's, on your two Magby; pretty sweet. I think you should raise the faster one to Magmortar, Magmortar has such a high Base SpA stat that the nature will easily pull it through. It's a shame that they're both Modest though, because otherwise the faster one would make a great Magmar and the SpA one would be a good Magmortar.

Also, congratulations to Heliotrope on your Shiny Togepi, although it's only a little bit different the reverse pattern is very cool. It will look more differentiated from it's evolved counterparts, though. That is, if you can bring yourself to evolve such a cute little Pokémon. I don't know what I'd do.

Finally, on the home front, I'm up to 231 Magikarp.

Bob Chao, out!

EDIT 2: Thanks, sunkirby, I spent about an hour-and-a-half on the GTS looking for a viable breeding partner for Foppa. I searched through many Pokémon in the Water 2 and Dragon egg group before finding a Lv1 Japanese Charmander that was up for any Ditto. I'm sure that the Trainer who put it up is very pleased with my US Ditto, even if it is Serious.

Also, good luck on Heart Gold, I'm sure you will procure many wonderful Pokémon and viable breeding partners for your other games.

Last edited:

sunkirby

<-OMG ITS A GHASTLY!
oooh japanese charmander. well nice. cause i cant find japanese pokemon or any other language pokemon at all. that will all change in like days though, cause im getting japanese HG. i wanted SS as my main, so im pre ordering HG in japanese. should come soon. im so excited :D

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Congrats Helio on your newest shiny hatchling.

Glad to see new members and old getting on, and helping each other out. :)

I myself have decided that my one and only hunt until i receive my copies of HG/SS, will be shiny drifloon. I saved in front of it, early this morning, and am now SRing for it. I reckon i'm only at 50/60 SR's, but thats still hopefully at least a week left before i get the games. Wish me luck.

Good luck all.

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Congrats Helio on your newest shiny hatchling.

Glad to see new members and old getting on, and helping each other out. :)

I myself have decided that my one and only hunt until i receive my copies of HG/SS, will be shiny drifloon. I saved in front of it, early this morning, and am now SRing for it. I reckon i'm only at 50/60 SR's, but thats still hopefully at least a week left before i get the games. Wish me luck.

Good luck all.

Good luck with that :D, are you pre ordering the Japanese version?? I was going to but then i realised i cant read Japanese!!! I'm in England so i will wait for the american release which is always before us!!

Just gone back to chaining, tried to chain starly last night (im good at chaining its just Starly seem to break for no reason) and it did in a perfectly good place at 38 my highest chain break before 40, Bidof broke it, it was going to be that because i was on route 201, maybe i will try somewhere else..

My swarm has been Farfetch'd for 3 days in a row...sure i like Farfetch'd being my first shiny n all but why wont it change??? Anyhelp??

In other news im doing no IRNG, and still hunting clefairy from game corner.

Good luck all!!!

shinyS33ker

Please be shiny
Well i was board yesturday and i decided to chain for my swarm wich was doduo. So i went to rt 201 and started to chain a starly came up so i went with it and on the 16 starly a shiny one poped out, now i no its not the best but now its staraptor with pokerus and congrats to all the new shinys

Raikou_fan

Congratulations, everyone, on the new shinies!

Started chaining ralts/kirlia again today. I WILL get the adamant male ralts/kirlia I've been looking for sometime this weekend. After that, The King of Ho-oh's shiny magbys have inspired me to go after a shiny elekid. Wish me luck!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Good luck with that :D, are you pre ordering the Japanese version?? I was going to but then i realised i cant read Japanese!!! I'm in England so i will wait for the american release which is always before us!!

Just gone back to chaining, tried to chain starly last night (im good at chaining its just Starly seem to break for no reason) and it did in a perfectly good place at 38 my highest chain break before 40, Bidof broke it, it was going to be that because i was on route 201, maybe i will try somewhere else..

My swarm has been Farfetch'd for 3 days in a row...sure i like Farfetch'd being my first shiny n all but why wont it change??? Anyhelp??

In other news im doing no IRNG, and still hunting clefairy from game corner.

Good luck all!!!

Yeah i pre-ordered the JP version within a few days of it being listed on playasia, so hopefully i should be one of the first lot to get the game. I hope.

I'm from england too, but for me, i can live with not being able to understand Japanese. Its more the case of not trusting the UK/Europe faction of Nintendo to run any future WiFi events, that might distribute Celebi or whatever item will let you get Celebi.

Even though theres been a good number of WiFi events in recent years, i still don't trust Nintendo to continue.

I'll still end up buying the UK versions, just because i always have done.

Good luck with your Clefairy hunting, heres hoping it doesn't take you too long.

@Bossk, yes you are a member now, my post earlier was an acceptance post.

EDIT: @Bossk, unfortunately your not allowed to make trade requests here, but it is relatively easy to chain Pidgey in either Diamond or Pearl.

Last edited:

Bossk

Like a champ.
Thanks, if you don't feel like writing out my whole name; "King" is
fine as a nickname :)

I decided to keep the faster Magby and give the stronger one to
my brother inexchange for a Magmarizer. Going to try and chain Elekids
tonight I think.

Kudos to Helio on the Togepi! My shiny Togekis is one of my favorites
and I almost always use it in battle.

It stand for "Soft Reset" you save in front of a legendary or a similar
pokemon encounter, check to see if it's shiny, if not you hit L+R+Start+Select
to reset and try again. I like your signature Bossk. Pidgeot will always be my
one of my favorites. :D
He's my favorite...:D

oh, okay. I knew about that, but didn't know it had a name. I was actualy gonna try for a Shiny Chimchar by that but it was too hard. Next file I will. I'm gonna do that with Palkia and Dialga in my Platinum. I'm also searching for a Shiny Pidgeot, am I aloud to ask for one?

Cheffinator

<--- Latest Shiny
*sigh*

I finally got a shiny charmander, I really should have charged up my micro...

My battery died when I was on the status screen

So I'm awfully frustrated now...

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Hey guys I'm back! and have read ALL the posts I've missed...sorry abut my previous post, I was in kinda a huge rush and no time whatsoever to write anything else...WOW A lot of people have been getting shinys in my absence! I've herd all about the Beldum hunt with lonestar...That is one risky hunt! I had a lot of trouble catching a NORMAL Beldum! It just keeps killing itself! I will go for a shiny Beldum soon...but I'll hatch one, not chain for one...Anyway, Been EV training my shiny Gallade recently (Fully EV trained at lv.50 now!) and 2 super cool but random things happened to me! I was walking through the grass searching for a Machop (EV training in attack) and a Cresselia appears! Full health, never met it before, so I threw a ultra ball at it and caught it instantly! I was like right..anyway, after a few battles with Machop Gallade needed to heal up! I went to the pokecenter, healed my pokemon and the nurse joy said 'your pokemon may be infected with the pokerus' I checked my pokemon and my WHOLE team had pokerus! including Gallade! So I got out every pokemon I'm going to EV train (shiny Darkrai, shiny Dialga, shiny Magikarp ect) and infected all them with the pokerus! since pokerus dosn't go when your pokemon is in the computer, I gave a Geodude the pokerus and put it in the PC, now, when I catch a shiny I want to EV train, I can get Geodude out and give it the pokerus!....Cheffinator, I feel really sorry for you, as in REALLY sorry for you...keep going buddy! and when you do get the shiny charmander again, SAVE INSTANTLY!

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
After that, The King of Ho-oh's shiny magbys have inspired me to go after a shiny elekid. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I tried to chain Elekids last night and my chain broke at 30. After that I did a few SR's for Drifloon, but no luck.

Right now I'm EV training the my 31 IV Shiny Magby at the Old Chateau. For the total amount that I've trained there; I'm surprised I haven't found a shiny gastly. ;)

I'm also looking for a shiny Grass Type to go on my Shiny Sunny Day Battle Tower Team, but I can't decide which to chain.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Well, my birthday is in exactly a week, so I'll be doing some Piplup SRs this holiday weekend...I've only done 289 so far on my Platinum version, but considering both of my last hunts broke the 10,000 mark, some super luck would be much-appreciated. I'll also do some SRs for Beldum, too, though my exact count on Beldum is unknown; I have been hunting it for over two years!

Good luck, everyone.

Deretile

I Deretile hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. I only have like 10 shinies but I love them and the y are awesome :)

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I need more information than that before I let you into the club. You have ten shinies; what are they? How did you get them? How long have you been shiny hunting? Tell us more about yourself and shiny hunting relates to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.