• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
You know you're a meticulous chainer when it takes you 78 Super Repels and about 15,000 steps to get a 40 chain. Haha.

Funny story about this particular chain, though; earlier I said I had only chained up to like 20 before I put the DS in Sleep Mode. Well, last night when I opened it back up to start chaining again (a while after I posted), my chain was at 27 for some reason. I don't remember chaining that high, so I suppose my brother chained a bit more for me, which was nice of him. Then, this morning, at a 31 or 32 chain, I was graced with another early shiny patch. :) I caught the shiny Slowpoke, and now I have a 40 chain. Hopefully the shiny patches don't take too long to appear.

Good luck, everyone. My plan was to shiny hunt a lot this weekend, but it looks as though I'll be rather busy....oh well.

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!
You know you're a meticulous chainer when it takes you 78 Super Repels and about 15,000 steps to get a 40 chain. Haha.

Funny story about this particular chain, though; earlier I said I had only chained up to like 20 before I put the DS in Sleep Mode. Well, last night when I opened it back up to start chaining again (a while after I posted), my chain was at 27 for some reason. I don't remember chaining that high, so I suppose my brother chained a bit more for me, which was nice of him. Then, this morning, at a 31 or 32 chain, I was graced with another early shiny patch. :) I caught the shiny Slowpoke, and now I have a 40 chain. Hopefully the shiny patches don't take too long to appear.

Good luck, everyone. My plan was to shiny hunt a lot this weekend, but it looks as though I'll be rather busy....oh well.

Thats impressive I must say;) I wish you luck on your shiny slowpoke thats a very nice shiny~I am currently chaining misdreavus so I have a feeling by the end of the day Ill have gotten a successful chain to 40 hopefully even 2 if I can bare,
Now I know a lot of people here do not like/support chaining and well although im glad the pokeradar is not in the new games(cause if it was shiny tangela would be like the easiest chain) but i still think it is a very technical and hard to get chains it defiantly takes effort and lots of training to become a good chainer and even when you do its still hard to get good chains. I've chained misdreavus like 7 times now and my highest chain was 30 and not trying to be too modest but im a REALLY good chainer. I think pokeradar shinys are just as valuable as random shinys.
On a side note:I got a shiny geodude yesterday from a chain while i was eving my shiny chikorita,
lets hope i get some chaining luck woot woot!!

Awsome news! I finally figured out how to get pictures! I know its a little late but here is a pic of my shiny Totodile riptide when I first hatched him. Now hes a BA ferelagatr.

shinytotodile.jpg

Ive started to do some skorupi eggs, about 5 boxes, I really hope it pops out soon.

good luck to everyone.

Raikou_fan

Congratulations on the slowpoke, ShinyFufu! You always get some of the best shinies... Wanna share some of that luck with me?

Latios still refuses to shine for me. I'll have alot of time to SR tomorrow, so hopefully it'll show up in the next few days. If not, I'm really looking forward to SR'ing for shaymin. I'll never give up on Latios though. It has to shine eventually!!!

Good luck with your hunts, everyone!

Zabi

Not really here.
Congratulations on the slowpoke, ShinyFufu! You always get some of the best shinies... Wanna share some of that luck with me?

Chaining isn't really all that much luck, you just got to know what your doing. Although, I guess an early shiny patch would be considered lucky.

O: Zabi, what are you doing here in the club? Well, I'm just dropping in like I said I would every once in a while, congrats on all the new shinies, and the new HG/SS shinies everyone has been getting lately.

Seems you had a problem with that par003 guy, but he is banned now, so that is good.

Good luck, everyone!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Thanks for the congrats, DA DA SWSH and Raikou_fan. *throws some luck at you all*

Chain ended after I got only one more Slowpoke...I actually got tired of resetting at 40 pretty quickly (like always), and I decided to just chain up until the chain broke. I was resetting for a patch a chain of 42 when a shiny patch appeared in the far right corner. I went to it, caught the shiny, and continued chaining. The next patch I went into broke the chain.

I wasn't even that bummed when it chained, almost relieved...then I went to go check the natures of the three shiny Slowpoke I caught. They were all Bold, which was surprising. I usually have horrible luck with Synchronize.

Then I checked their IVs. This was the best one.

Slowpoke - #79 (Bold)
HP: 24
Att: 19
Def: 24
SpA: 25
SpD: 30
Speed: 8

Needless to say...I am satisfied. :) Training it will have to wait, however, as I have to focus on SRing for Piplup and chaining for Vulpix now.

Good luck, everyone.

eveelution23

<- awesome
Ditto

Hey guys

I finnaly got my japanese ditto. So now I can masuda method for a shiny totodile. I'm still in the race so I'm gonna spend all night haching eggs to catch up with Poke-glitch.

Shinyfufu congratz on the slowpoke.

Good luck to everyone.

Kyle Clarthy

Hey all!

I just wanted to say I'm still here hatching these Aipom, but at the moment I'm also playing through a new Platinum game I bought in order to swap the Aipom and Chimchar over so that I can actually start to SR for Darkrai on my American Platinum. I hope these annoying apes decide to produce their shiny offspring soon because I think I'm going slightly insane here.

So, once I get to Solaceon, the monkeys will be traded over and then I'll be busy hatching again while hopefully SRing on another DS for that shiny Darkrai. I'm sure something will happen soon, right? When I look around, I feel like a real failure compared to some of the other shiny hunters around here, but hey ... it's not my bad luck, it's the games being mean. On the other hand, though, I feel so lucky to have the shinies that I do have, but as we all know, you put a lot of time into this and so it's quite tough to do the same thing for months and months. Anyway, enough of the depressing speech!

Well done to all of those who have caught shinies in the last few pages and good luck to everyone who's hunting. I'd share some of my luck, but it seems I need all I can get at the moment!

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
The Great Starter Hunt!

Currently hunting for a shiny starter? Race against everyone else who is! Just about everything goes here, except cheat devices and Emerald version.

If someone could help make a list on who's hunting what, please do. I'm hatching for Piplup(Masuda).

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!
Shiny Fufu nice throw cause I caught it and like expected I got my shiny
http://i35.*******.com/jq474o.jpg
It really is a quite a beautiful shiny its just a bad picture, thanks again

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
I finnaly got my japanese ditto. So now I can masuda method for a shiny totodile. I'm still in the race so I'm gonna spend all night haching eggs to catch up with Poke-glitch.
SORRY GUYS BUT THE RACE IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES! I'VE DONE IT! I'VE HATCHED MY FIRST EVER MASUDA METHOD SHINY! Finally! after 11 boxes and 331 NORMAL Totodile...
I hatch this beauty!
http://i38.*******.com/6z3tvq.jpg
I havn't checked it's IV's yet...Im sooo happy! I'm going to masuda another pokemon soon...but what one...? anyway, I'll post a vid on youtube soon!

Last edited:

eveelution23

<- awesome
SORRY GUYS BUT THE RACE IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES! I'VE DONE IT! I'VE HATCHED MY FIRST EVER MASUDA METHOD SHINY! Finally! after 11 boxes and 331 NORMAL Totodile...
I hatch this beauty!
http://i38.*******.com/6z3tvq.jpg
I havn't checked it's IV's yet...Im sooo happy! I'm going to masuda another pokemon soon...but what one...? anyway, I'll post a vid on youtube soon!

Oh well congratz on the shiny totodile poke-glitch. I'm not gonna give up. I will get my shiny totodile to.
Pass some luck to me.

DarkLatios

SHINE GET
Hello to you all, congrats on your recent successes, and good luck to all of your future and current hunts!

As usual, my bad luck fails me... I haven't recieved a single shiny, and all of you are getting them by the bucketloads! There is however, one area I've been lucky in, as I believe I am 2nd in the Shiny Starter Race... As soon as I ha returned home from shopping (and I mean, as soon as the car stopped at my house)...

http://i37.*******.com/w7zvb9.jpg

CHARMANDER SHONE AT LONG LAST!!! After months of frustration going for this thing, and over 20,000 SRs on LeafGreen (approximate, of course), I finally obtained my dream shiny on a restarted FireRed! Unfortunately, it's Serious nature, but its IVs look decent!

I am so content with this new shiny! After nearly 4 months, my shiny number finally increases, and THIS is my drought breaker! I thank all of you who encouraged me to never give up on obtaining this golden beauty, and now I've finally come back into shiny hunting!

My next two targets are Magikarp (FireRed, after I beat Brock) and Darkrai (Platinum). I hope I obtain one of them soon! Also, look forward to seeing the video of Charmander!

EDIT: Video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgNA7T8N-_Y

Also, I'm up at Viridian Forest, training just a Mankey so I can beat Brock. I'm not going to train Charmander, as I want to find out its exact IVs. Once I get Magikarp shiny (who knows when, I have Darkrai to hunt as well), I'll Pal Park them to Diamond and restart my FireRed file, so that I can SR for Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Last edited:

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Shiny Giratina! Shiny Giratina! But...my my camera is dead. ;_; Going to let it charge while I battle it. *Crosses fingers* I'm unsure of the resets it took- probably around 6000-7000.

Edit: Oh shi-! After nearly having a heart attack when shiny 'Tina appeared (and knocking my cockatiel off my shoulder when I saw him appear xD), I just nearly had another one. x_x As I'd mentioned before, I was going to try and catch this guy in something other than a Master Ball. I had my Beautifly out front; used Stun Spore the first turn, then 2 Bug Buzz's and a Giga Drain to knock him to just under a quarter of health, I started chucking balls. After going through 3 Dusk, 27 Ultra and 3 Quick Balls, and with my Beautifly, Empoleon and Starly (Fly HM slave) dead, I chuck another Ultra Ball with my Leafeon out. He breaks out and Struggles, which to me doesn't seem to do much damage (actually, it was 22 points)....but then his health drops...and drops...and...then stops with what can only be ONE freaking HP left! I had a full team so I can't know for sure, but my camera battery had charged enough for me to get a shot, so I can show you all what I mean. Obviously, I used the Master Ball then.

He has a Hardy nature and the IV's:
HP: 0 - 2
Att: 27
Def: 1 - 2
SpA: 13 - 14
SpD: 22 - 23
Speed: 1 - 2

But I'd have been happy with 0 across the board, I'm just that relieved I didn't lose this guy.

Now to decide what to do- assuming we Brits can access the WiFi event for Shaymin, I'm planning to go for a shiny one, but I refuse to reset without a Master Ball as back up (even with Shaymin's higher catch rate). I think I'll play through the rest of Platinum, Pal Park my lot from Ruby, SR for my shiny Torchic, then eventually Pal Park the Master Ball from that file as my back up. Going to have to play through Ruby again anyway, so it's no big deal.

Congrats on the Charmander and all the other new shinies I've missed (except Ho-oh. I'm just jealous right now) and good luck on the hunts!

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hello, everybody. I'm back from my holiday! n__n

And guess what? I found a shiny! Sadly it wasn't my shiny Suicune, it was from my route 117 hunt in Sapphire. After only 1902 encounters... a shiny Oddish appeared.

I'd been hoping for a shiny Roselia/Volbeat, but it appeared quickly (and I don't have a shiny Oddish yet) so I didn't really mind.

Shiny Oddish appeared!

Closer view/Profile pic - Impish nature

I haven't decided what to evolve it into yet. And I've now switched to route 113 (I need all the shinies there, but I'm hoping for a shiny Swablu/Serviper).

As for my other hunts, here are my current totals:
Suicune: 4400 SR
Aerodactyl: 4900 SR
Pichu: 1276 eggs
Route 113: 450 encounters

And I see that the Shaymin event is coming, so I guess I'll have another target to hunt for soon.

Congrats on all the new shinies, guys. I'm off to do some more SR'ing for shiny Suicune. ^.^

Clever-Mird

Shiny total 16
I am having a really bad day, but I needed something to get my mind off of it so I am playing my DS again. My dog is dieing and I need to stay with her though so I may not play as much... ) :

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
Congrats on the totodile Pokéglitch, also congrats on the Oddish Helio.
Congrats on the Giratina Murkrow, Congrats on the charmander Darklatios.

The most other ones are chained ones i thought so also congrats for those but less as there less specail :p.

I've been up on chaining latly and i thought lets try Eevee again. I went up to a chian of 38 just now and a stupid kricktune broke it :( (a bit frustrated now :s i wanna burn aaaalll kricktune). Oh well i will do it again soon. I'm still in a chaining mood. Prolly gonna retry tommorow. Monday is back to school for only 2 days so thats good. I also gonna sring for my Jotho startes now while watching some eps.

EDIT: Anyone know in wich game you get the master ball the earlyest?

Good luck to all.

Last edited:

m!ss p!nk

Puss wuss >3
May i join :)

I m!ss p!nk hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

I'm like this club and i found 4 shiny pokemon, i was lucky x3

Clever-Mird

Shiny total 16
My dog just died... I was chaining to get my mind off of it and my mom called me down, she was wheezing and couldn't even move her head. Afterwards I caught a shiny female Phanphy that I named after her, Miss Honey...

Status
Not open for further replies.