• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
SRing is Soft Reset. It's when you hit the buttons, L, R, Start Select and go to the screen and try again. You save in front of the Pokemon, like the Legendary or whatever

I think I may just give up on my beloved Shiny Pidgeot :(

No...No... Please dont give up, that means im just going to be doing Route 5 by myself, :(, i really want to give up with kyogre, but i love the shiny and i really really want it so im not giving up, it must be like 4 MONTHS now and i need to get a shiny by the end of today because im going to hunt for shaymin when its released and its too many hunts :p.

I wish you good luck :).

m!ss p!nk

Puss wuss >3
SRing is Soft Reset. It's when you hit the buttons, L, R, Start Select and go to the screen and try again. You save in front of the Pokemon, like the Legendary or whatever

I think I may just give up on my beloved Shiny Pidgeot :(

OMG, why do i have to reset my game, that'll be hard >< ..
And please don't give up, i wish shiny oddish i search for it but still can't find it :(
I'm sure ya'll find one :)

DarkLatios

SHINE GET
Alright then, seeing as though quite a few hunters here are unaware of what Soft Resetting is, allow me to enlighten you:

Soft Resetting (abbreviated as SRing) is an incredibly widespread and arguably the most reliable way of obtaining shinies. As a lot of you know, the chances of obtaining shinies is 1/8192. This seems very difficult, but in reality, if you have a lot of dedication (and a lot of luck), you can obtain them in the end. It involves saving by something (such as a starter Pokemon or a Legendary), then checking whether they are shiny or not in some way (usually through a battle, although some you can just check the summary of them when you obtain them), and if they are not shiny, you press a combination of 4 buttons (Start, Select, A and B on the GBA games and Start, Select, L and R on the DS games) and that combination sends you to the title screen, where you can then check their shinyness again, and you repeat that until you obtain the shiny. Please note that starters do not appear shiny in their picture as you select them (except in HG/SS), you have to check their summary or start a battle with them to check their shinyness. The same is also true for legendaries, except you always have to battle them to check their shinyness. Even in HG/SS, legendaries never appear shiny in the overworld. Also, don't make the mistake of assuming a shiny is guaranteed with 8192 SRs, as it isn't. Quite a lot of the time, we have to do over 10,000 SRs to get what we want, and in some cases, it can take over 20,000! If you find SRing by itself boring, try SRing why you're watching something on Youtube, whether it be films, TV programmes, or even videos of other shiny successes (I myself do the latter lol, making playlists of shiny videos really helps).

Hope that answered a few questions and concerns for you all! =D

Shiny-related, I've been hunting for Darkrai as much as I possibly can with the time I'm given, yet it hasn't shone for me just yet. With me having obtained my long sought-after shiny Charmander yesterday afternoon, I'm reconvinced that my Platinum isn't broken RNG wise (it better not be), and that it can produce shinies normally, with me thinking that the game's just being stubborn. Hopefully, I can get Darkrai soon so that I can move on to getting new WiFi (my current WiFi is busted, I need to fix it so that I can get Oaks Letter), hunting for Shaymin, and restarting Platinum. Good luck to you all, I hope that Helio gets her shiny Suicune soon, and that those of you who are working particularly hard get your shinies soon!

Last edited:

Bossk

Like a champ.
Yeah, guys. I can't take it too much. I guess I can try....

oops, made a 1-liner. On Shiny news...nothing, but I've been trying to take it easy with my new Halo game and I'm trying to do a bit of Battle Tower

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Congrats on the new shinies, especially the shiny Charmander, DarkLatios. A well-deserved shiny, if I do say so myself.

I've done little hunting since yesterday. I'm currently at 1277 SRs for Piplup, and I'm trying to get to 1300 before tomorrow because I'll be hunting for only Shaymin once Oak's Letter is released.

This isn't particularly important, but I was reading up Serebii's article about the PokeGear, and listening to Pokemon March apparently makes random encounters more common. If that's true, random encountering on this game will be unparalleled in terms of its speed; I can't wait to try random encountering with my Illuminate Staryu, Pokemon March playing, and the effects of White Flute activated. Only downside is that you can't take advantage of Synchronize, but with the general diversity of Pokemon on any given route, I don't think that's too much of an issue. ;)

Good luck, everyone. Even though I don't deserve it, I would really like to get a shiny Piplup soon...it's the last Sinnoh starter I need.

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
Omg OMG i just encounterd a random shiny Roselia in my Platinum game.

EDIT: Ok full story, i was driving in the trophy garden to see if there was still an eevee present. I dont remember anymore when i put it in the garder (sring for it at mr bakalot). So i was just driving in the garden wild encountering some poké's trying to see if there was an eevee. After 2 encounters (one being Pichu the other being staravia) i needed to go to the bathroom. I put my ds in sleep mode. Then i came back my girfriend had said some things on MSN so i replied and as i was replying and reading her new reply i looked at my ds (i was biking and heared the music for battle) as i looked down :O omg that's a shiny roselia :O. My shiny luxray came out and i posted here, took a picture and continue the battle. Then i captured it and i though damn i could recorded it with my webcam. I got onto the pokédex screen and started to record. I will upload the video later to let you guys see i wasent radaring it (i'm on my bike as i come out of the battle and you cant radar while on your bike :) ).

2 Pics here:http://www.redostrike.be/redoshiny/extra/forum/roselia/roselia1.jpg
roselia1.jpg

roselia2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BfS-HUZCVQ <= BTW i'm not a girl i just took the girl charater to have something diffrent for a while :p

Also i did some sring for my SoulSilver Starter but nothing. I also did another 360 of paras encouters (the past few months all togheter :p) also still no shiny but i only did 720 in total so i dont think it will shine soon.

Good luck to all. I pleased with the Shiny i got today i'm gonna sring a bit for my starter while watching some episodes.

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Congrats on the random Roselia.

I decided to stop my shiny Suicune hunting for now, traded over everything I needed to Pearl, and restarted Heart Gold. Now I'm SR'ing to get an interesting ID number, and soon I'll start SR'ing for a shiny Johto starter.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
I've got my Giratina pictures all transferred and uploaded for you lot. :)

P9260629-1.jpg

Though one thing that actually struck me last night while I was playing through Platinum was that one of my biggest gripes about the game is how often my opponents survive my attacks with just a few HP. I'm not allowing myself to be irritated by it anymore. xD

Shiny Dex
Hardy
Stats

Congrats on the new shinies and good luck on the hunts!

eveelution23

<- awesome

EDIT: Ok full story, i was driving in the trophy garden to see if there was still an eevee present. I dont remember anymore when i put it in the garder (sring for it at mr bakalot). So i was just driving in the garden wild encountering some poké's trying to see if there was an eevee. After 2 encounters (one being Pichu the other being staravia) i needed to go to the bathroom. I put my ds in sleep mode. Then i came back my girfriend had said some things on MSN so i replied and as i was replying and reading her new reply i looked at my ds (i was biking and heared the music for battle) as i looked down :O omg that's a shiny roselia :O. My shiny luxray came out and i posted here, took a picture and continue the battle. Then i captured it and i though damn i could recorded it with my webcam. I got onto the pokédex screen and started to record. I will upload the video later to let you guys see i wasent radaring it (i'm on my bike as i come out of the battle and you cant radar while on your bike :) ).

roselia1.jpg

roselia2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BfS-HUZCVQ

Also i did some sring for my SoulSilver Starter but nothing. I also did another 360 of paras encouters (the past few months all togheter :p) also still no shiny but i only did 720 in total so i dont think it will shine soon.

Good luck to all. I pleased with the Shiny i got today i'm gonna sring a bit for my starter while watching some episodes.

Hey guys! congratz on the random roseila redostrike.

I've been hatching totodile eggs via masuda method. I've hatched 150 eggs and I have kept my game on the whole time so far hope it shines soon.

Good luck to everybody

kolmad

[left] hunting
yesterday was the best day of my life
2 ramdom shinies febas and clifary

the story:
I was going though mtcronet on platinum and boom there was a shiny clifarairy I captured it then I remembered bout my hunt for a shiny feebass and belive it or not I got it on my second 1 then I evoled it and it was a moltic then I saved it and turned my DSI off

Darknezz999

I've got my Giratina pictures all transferred and uploaded for you lot. :)

P9260629-1.jpg

Though one thing that actually struck me last night while I was playing through Platinum was that one of my biggest gripes about the game is how often my opponents survive my attacks with just a few HP. I'm not allowing myself to be irritated by it anymore. xD

Shiny Dex
Hardy
Stats

Congrats on the new shinies and good luck on the hunts!

Hello, my name is Darknezz999, I'm from psypokes forums and just thought I should come here for this club and the debate forum. I'm currently going for my first SR legendary, a shiny Giratina. I'm trying to do about 100-200 Srs a day and around 1000-1500 a week. I just started counting even though I've been doing this for a while, I'm almost at 500 if you're talking about counting. I will follow all the rules of the club. I hope you guys give me inspiration to get my first SR legendary. I have a question though, at my rate around how long will it take to get my shiny Giratina? I want Shaymin so that's why I'm asking.

Clever-Mird

Shiny total 16
I'm really struggling right now on what to try and chain... My swarm is Slakoth, who I personally don't like, and I don't know what I should chain... Any ideas? I thought of Aron, but he knows Roar, I thought of Meditite but the last time I tried I got to 35 and it broke, I tried Pikachu got to 40 but then my chain broke, and I thought of Nincada but Slakoth is all I run into when I go to Eterna Forest and try to chain Nincada. So, I just wanted to know if anyone wanted to give me an Idea of what I should chain because I still need some pick-me-up.
EDIT: Going to attempt at chaining Zubat. I have a Shiny Crobat that my cousin traded me but now I want my own.
Question: how does Illuminate speed up the encounter rate?

Last edited:

ninjabugmaster

< Latest Shiny! ^^
Hello, my name is Darknezz999, I'm from psypokes forums and just thought I should come here for this club and the debate forum. I'm currently going for my first SR legendary, a shiny Giratina. I'm trying to do about 100-200 Srs a day and around 1000-1500 a week. I just started counting even though I've been doing this for a while, I'm almost at 500 if you're talking about counting. I will follow all the rules of the club. I hope you guys give me inspiration to get my first SR legendary. I have a question though, at my rate around how long will it take to get my shiny Giratina? I want Shaymin so that's why I'm asking.

Since you're new here you might want to go back and read the first post of the club in its entirety. ;)

*Sigh* Anyways, I've been super busy with schoolwork lately (as usual), so I'm sad to say that I /still/ haven't had time to shiny hunt. I'm actually falling behind a bit so I'm going to need to work pretty hard to catch up and make sure that it doesn't happen again. On a side note, I think T.S. Eliot's poetry needs to die. >_>

Congrats on the shinies, especially the Charmander, Giratina, Roselia and Totodile! You all make me want to shiny hunt sooooo bad....but I have to do this work. >_<

I was even considering SRing for something for once. Quite unusual, since I have very little patience when it comes to meticulous tasks. I gave up on resetting for Charmander on LG a long time ago, hahahaha.

I'm pretty sure, however, that the only thing I could really SR for is Giratina on my Diamond, though I'm thinking about restarting my Ruby to go for Groudon or Rayquaza. Maybe even Mudkip?

I guess I could actually play through my Leaf Green and go for something else on there, like Moltres. =P

Blaaaargh, I should really stop procrastinating right about now. -_-

Last edited:
Hey, been hatching for a while now, but getting really really bored. I think ill drop the Gligar hunt for a while and start doing some chaining for 2nd gen. shinys(for some reason I think there the best. It has better pokemon, better shiny colors, and have better sprites thanks to HGSS). Ill probalbly chain for Stantler, or if I can find my emerald version, I can insert it I can chain for a shiny Ursurang. The reason I want an Ursurang i cause a while back I was playing through my Leaf Green version in Altering cave and a random shiny Teddiursa pops up. Only problem was all my pokemon were about 40 levels higher than it, and I had like 3 pokeballs. I sent out my weakest pokemon and started to throw out the pokeballs to try and get lucky. I failed the with the last pokeball and I had no way to catch it... I was pretty bummed out.

So if I can find my emerald and chain one that would be pretty cool. Good luck to everyone, and congrats on the Charmander, Roselia, Totodile, and Giratina.

peace out.

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!
Well here was that succeful chain i was talking about:
Shiny Timid #200 Misdreavus: 20 - 21 / 18 / 3 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 24
I know right I have really good luck with nature and ivs haha
The chain broke at 89 WOW haha
Got 10 shinys!!!

Now on to club
Firstly I would like to say SHINY FUFU that you DO deserve that piplup and you will get it(throws a truck full of luck at you).....

Next umm not mini moding but miss pink you posted 6 times with in 8 hours....just remeber its best to only post if you actually have shiny news(and your english bugs me a little but no bigie haha)

~Congrats~~~
To Redostrike on his roselia thats a pretty shiny i must say
To Hellotrope on your lovely oddish i would have to go for Bellosom I hope you get suicune thats my next target im waiting for my HG to come in the mail soon!
To *Murkrow on the shiny girantina its colors are amazing
To BluUmbreon for your Riptide(luv name)
And last but not least Congrats to DarkLatios on the shiny charmander...charizards is one of they most wanted shinys around...im a little jello with that one haha
Good luck everyone ttyl...

Last edited:

Darknezz999

I Darknezz99 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. Sorry I must have missed that part or forgot. Congrats on the Misdreavus'. I really need to pay attention more.

Last edited:

Ammako

roselia1.jpg

roselia2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BfS-HUZCVQ <= BTW i'm not a girl i just took the girl charater to have something diffrent for a while :p

What nature is it?
I found a random shiny Roselia in Platinum too, once.
It was Male, too. I also tried to catch it in Nest Balls (They all failed, though.)
So I caught it in an Ultra Ball.
Then, I check the nature, and... Adamant.

eveelution23

<- awesome
Hey guys

This sucks my freind cameover and accidentally took out my platinum game when it was on hibernate. The means I ahve to restart on hatching totodile. oh well. I'm thinking about waiting till tommorow to start hatching again, or I might take I break for a little bit.

Good luck to everybody

Ammako

This sucks my freind cameover and accidentally took out my platinum game when it was on hibernate. The means I ahve to restart on hatching totodile. oh well. I'm thinking about waiting till tommorow to start hatching again, or I might take I break for a little bit.

But does it matters?
The game does not keep track of the amount of Soft Resets/Eggs/Whatever.
This should not affect your chances of finding a shiny.

And if hatching eggs continuously without turning off the game or without doing anything else could help, it could also hinder you, if the next shiny frame is as 5000 eggs later in the IRNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.