• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Wait, Shaymin's out already?! Oh great, now I have TWO event legendaries to reset. XD

I'll still do it. This way, I can alternate between Darkrai and Shaymin. If I get bored with one, I can go to the other. Hopefully, one of them will shine eventually. Still no luck with Darkrai. It shone once, but I accidentally resetted it away. Grrrrgh. Hopefully, the same won't happen with Shaymin...

As for my other shiny hunting progress, I'm not having much. I'm still resetting Palkia on and off, and I really need to continue hatching Spiritomb. Oh, and I also have that Charmander to reset for. And quite a few chain shinies. I've got a lot of shiny hunting to do, man. >_>;;

eveelution23

<- awesome
Hey guys

I got oak's letter. I've decided that after i get my shiny totodile I will sr for shaymin. I'm still soft resetting for treecko and articuno. Actually once I get my shiny totodile I will try to get either shiny treecko or shiny articuno. Which one do you think I should finish first Treecko or Articuno?

Good luck to everybody!!!!

Last edited:

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
Evening all, thank you all for the congrats.

What nature is it?
I found a random shiny Roselia in Platinum too, once.
It was Male, too. I also tried to catch it in Nest Balls (They all failed, though.)
So I caught it in an Ultra Ball.
Then, I check the nature, and... Adamant.

Well it actually had quiet a good nature it was hasty unfortunately the iv's are soo bad that i'm going to leave it as a roselia. I also got a random budew with my pearl playtrough. Looks like roselia line is my lucky pokémon :p.

Anyways i had school today so did not do much, i took my Firered with me but did not touch it (too busy). Tomorrow another day of school en then i'm off till next Wednesday. I'll prolly retry eevee by them and i'm gonna sring a bit more for my jotho starter. I'm not in the mood of major sring atm and if it would only be for chiko than i would have done more by now. Prolly gonna breed for one (with some good egg moves) if i get dile or cynda.

I also got the Oak's letter in my Platinum #1 i still need to start platinum #2 but i'm thinking of sring for shinno starters, though i really want 2 shiny shaymin maybe i'll just start and get the oaks letter oh well that's far beyond as i'm not ready to sring for any legendary for the moment.

Good luck to all.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Like everyone else, I just downloaded oaks letter today, but i cant start SRing for it because im still SRing for darkrai....grrr.....it never wants to appear

I havent done articuno in a while because it was taking so long and I really want to get darkrai done with because platinum is my main game and I want to just be able to do other stuff....oh well ill just keep trying but some good luck would be appreciated :p

Congrats on all the shinies guys. I wanna say you are all lucky but I know you its more work than luck. Keep going at it guys ;D

Killer Grunt

Well i feel stupid, today i got Shaymin. I went out and caught it straight away not realising i could have tried to get it shiny! I swear that if I do that with the next event I will hit myself with something heavy. Other than that i have not been up to much shiny wise, not to sure what to go for next to be honest :(

Raikou_fan

Well, like everyone else I downloaded oaks letter today. Since Latios never shined, I'm gonna get to work on Shaymin. I'm kinda disappointed with Latios, but I'll make it shine later.

When is shaymins shinyness set? Is it when you first see it, or when you start the battle with it? I just don't want to save too late and get stuck with a normal shaymin.

Ammako

Lol, I downloaded the Oak's Letter today at school, at lunchtime.
I went outside with my friend to eat lunch, then we walked around the town to find an accessible Wireless spot.
We found one after a few steps, so I downloaded the Oak's Letter.

Now, I might not soft reset for Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.
Not sure why, but I might not. Maybe because I can't be bothered to have too many targets at once.

Well, I was hoping my luck with Charmander would stay with me for Darkrai, but as it appears, Darkrai didn't shine despite my overwhelming persistence! Shame really, I was hoping to fix my WiFi and hunt for Shaymin, but right now, it seems no matter how long I hunt for this thing, it just isn't good enough!

What prevents you from pausing your Darkrai hunt to fix your Wi-Fi and download the Oak's Letter?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Same T^T please can any1 help?

I was searching for shiny starly and it's always break, please help :(

Even if you follow the instructions perfectly, there's no garuntee that the chain will continue. Believe me, I speak from experience.

I've been slathering honey on trees across Sinnoh hoping for Munchlax, and possibly a shiny one. So far, no luck. Man, will I be glad when HG/SS are out in America, where Pokemon are just a Headbutt away and Munchlax are available through Pokewalker.

I've hit a snag regarding WiFi, so I've yet to download the Oak's Letter. Just as well- gotta collect Pikachu, Electivire, and Magmortar from the Pokemart- I got Battle Revolution! Shame they can't be shiny, though. I'd have liked that.

The one thing I'm less than pleased about in HG/SS is the lack of PokeRadar or any equivalent (as far as increased odds of a shiny are concerned). I should hope the Masuda Method still exists in those games. Does it?

Not having a good time, my emerald is not on this earth anymore so good bye Ursirang, and I failed horribly at trying to chain Stantler. Well, at least the Shaymin event is out. I think shaymin is not only the best legendary, but has the sweetest form change. The only problem is that It has the most competition against darkrai. Iv already downloaded the Letter and Im going to join the Shaymin race, and I really need this shiny to get me out of the dumps. Ill do SRs for the remainder of the night. Good luck.

Peace out

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
Yes!!! My Japanese HeartGold came today and just now, 3 hours and 54 minutes into the game, in the Ilex Forest, I found a male level 6 Shiny Metapod!!! Pictures (and video) will come on Thursday. I threw 9 Premier Balls, all I had, and it broke out every time. But see, I hate the beginning of the game because if you find a shiny, you aren't prepared, so all I've bought so far are Poke Balls. So, that's what I caught it in. Okay, I just checked online, and I think it is Mild Natured. I was actually going through the HG SS Shiny discussion forum, reading Kirkeastment's posts among others, and Metapod pretty much flew across the screen, and sparkled.

Last edited:

t6r7

<--Resets: Alot
Congrats to all the new shinies :D

So i just got a shiny eevee. Which evolution do you think looks best in shiny?

Also, i am going to SR for shiny shaymin like some people in this club. It will be intresting to see who gets it first ^^

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Congrats on the Metapod! :D

I'm really wishing I'd bought Platinum now... I really like Shiny Shaymin... Maybe I'll tweak and then try to SR for one. I know someone else in this club did that to get a shiny Shaymin I just can't remember who.

All my motivation for shiny hunting has been drained lately. My eyes are on HG.

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
Congrats on the Metapod! :D

I'm really wishing I'd bought Platinum now... I really like Shiny Shaymin... Maybe I'll tweak and then try to SR for one. I know someone else in this club did that to get a shiny Shaymin I just can't remember who.

All my motivation for shiny hunting has been drained lately. My eyes are on HG.

Thanks, and I believe it was ShinyFufu that got a tweaked shiny Shaymin.
T6r7: How did you get a shiny Eevee? Masuda, Chain, etc. I don't really know which form looks the best though.

t6r7

<--Resets: Alot
Thanks, and I believe it was ShinyFufu that got a tweaked shiny Shaymin.
T6r7: How did you get a shiny Eevee? Masuda, Chain, etc. I don't really know which form looks the best though.

I got it in a trade, but I have tried to chain it and I just cannot get it. I am not a good chainier, dont know why. I dont have the luck and determination taht everyone in this club has :D Although I will not give up on Sring for shiny shaymin. It looks cool in shiny form.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Didnt bother SRing for a shiny Shaymin, but I used my Modest Synch and got Modest first go. I might make a vid of it in a few battles. Dunno why.

ninjabugmaster

< Latest Shiny! ^^
Unlike everyone else, I haven't downloaded Oak's Letter, since Nintendo is lame^infinity and doesn't give WiFi events for Diamond and Pearl.

Well, my DS Wifi hasn't worked since I moved, so I guess I don't really have anything to complain about, but it still makes me pretty mad...I was looking into getting one of those Wifi USB Adapters, but they aren't sold in stores anymore so I'd have to ask mom for one off of E-bay or something.

I suppose I could just hack myself the event if I wanted to, even though I really don't intend on going for a shiny Shaymin. Lulz.

Meh, this week is first quarter exams at school so we get out early every day, which is pretty nice. At least I finally get some free time. >_>

No new shinies for me. Congrats on the sweet shiny Metapod!

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
I was looking into getting one of those Wifi USB Adapters, but they aren't sold in stores anymore so I'd have to ask mom for one off of E-bay or something.

Don't do that! I had one and then nintendo stopped supporting them. I ened up using a regular wireless router.

Couldn't tweak so I decided to do some more Regigigas resets.

Camellrupt

Sarcastic Douchebag
I randomly had the ambition to get a bunch of all normal flying type shiny pokemon, in fact it was Bossk that gave me the ambition with his shiny Pidgey crave! My goal is as follows, Shiny Starly, Pidgey, Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Swellow, Doduo, Fearow, and Chatot! I might go as far as going for every flying type shiny pokemon! (I doubt I will though, too much SRing for legendaries and areodactyl.) I am starting on the easiest, Starly!

SAME! It happened when i was chaining farfetchd and afer many failed atempts i thought i REALLY want shiny bird team so it was off to route 101 to chain starly this hunt really annoyed me because on a chain of 18 a shiney patch appeared underneath that dude in the grass(You Know The One) but i ended up getting to 40 and im now the proud owner of two shiny starly!!!

No pictures as i lack a camera( But most people have seen shiny starly lol) anyways i abused my DS clock so i can chain doduo and once i have that shiny i will do the same for pidgey lol

sorry about not posting much lately but i had no new shinys

ninjabugmaster

< Latest Shiny! ^^
Don't do that! I had one and then nintendo stopped supporting them. I ened up using a regular wireless router.

Couldn't tweak so I decided to do some more Regigigas resets.

Well, I don't see why it shouldn't work; it'll give my DS internet access and thus I should be able to get onto Wifi. I don't get how they would 'stop supporting them', either. I have the old first generation DS, so if it's because it won't work with the newer DS Lite or DSi, that's really not a problem.

I've never used anything other than a wireless router to connect to Wifi before. The router I have right now is WPA though, which Nintendo says is not compatible with the DS, but interestingly enough it doesn't give me the message that says "The access point's security settings are not compatible with the DS" when I try to set up my Wifi (which did happen when I tried to connect to a different router with WPA). Maybe it's because the router is a relatively new model and isn't listed on the NintendoWifi support site? Nevertheless, the connection test always fails no matter what I try (manually assigning IP addresses, etc.) so it doesn't matter that I can get past the security barrier. With a USB adapter, you make your own access point (or at least that's what it's made out to seem) by plugging it in to a computer or laptop with internet and you can directly bypass the security, so it's pretty much my only option.

Blargh, had another Scyther chain, but it just broke. Stupid Gloom. >_<

I'm thinking of playing through my Leaf Green to get to something I can SR for, but I can't seem to find it....D=

Edit: Ah, never mind. Found it in my closet. xD Yaaaay, time to play through. I think I'll choose Bulbasaur. =P

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Good morning everyone. I'm up bright and early to continue my hunt for a shiny Johto starter. I'm at around 2400 SR (which is actually around 800; but you're seeing 3 at a time instead of one, so I'm counting it as so).

I do 300 (well, 100 really ^^; ) SR per file, and then restart with a new file. To the people who have already caught a shiny Johto starter: did you change your ID's a lot or did you just stick with the same one?

I'm also up to 5050 SR for Aerodactyl and 50 SR for Shaymin. I'm still more interested in a shiny starter (hopefully a shiny Chikorita/Cyndaquil... I'll probably end up with a shiny Totodile. >.> )

Good luck, and congrats on new shinies.

EDIT: And to answer someone's earlier question, I can just about do 3 (or 9 ^.^ ) SR for a Johto starter in 1 minute.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.