• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjabugmaster

< Latest Shiny! ^^
Ahhhh, so I got a surprise when I started up my Leaf Green with hopes of starting a new file and playing through. Turns out there's still an old file, which is pretty weird because I remember SRing for Charmander a while back. Meh, I guess when I got tired of that I decided to play through for the fun of it.

When I figured this out, I was a bit peeved initially, but then I realized it would be much easier to get to the three birds.

Well, this tided me over. That is, until I was at the top of Mt.Ember wondering why Moltres wasn't there and checking my pokedex only to notice that I'd already caught all three of them (which was weird because they weren't in my boxes.... o_0).

So yeah, the only good news is that Mewtwo isn't in the pokedex, so it must still be in Cerulean Cave, and this file still (miraculously) has a Master Ball!

Makes it kinda obvious what my target is, huh.

So now I'm traversing my way through the annoying Cerulean Cave. There was a Level 52 Marowak with False Swipe that I found in my box of pokemon, so I figured I can try to catch it in an Ultra Ball if I want to, but there's really nothing else for me to use the Master Ball on in this file so I might as well not risk anything. xD

Edit: Made it to Mewtwo, so I'm going to star resetting for it. If I get bored I'll probably end up putting it down and going for some Shoddy Battle. I'm not going to keep track of the number of resets, that might have been what was boring me so much the last time when I was trying for Charmander.

Here goes, wish me luck!

Last edited:

heehee

heehee
need help finding shinies in pokemon emerald

i'm new here, i just wanted to ask a favor to any of you who has a cheat on their a.r. to know a pokemon's sid. oh yeah, if you want to trade shinies with me, i'd be happy too! i hav many shiny legendaries, of course, legit. but i'm most proud of my shiny mewtwo, it came to me accidentally as i was trying to catch a normal mewtwo by pokeball, accidentlly killed it, soft reset, i wasn't concentrating on the game but when i looked into the screen, a green tailed mewtwo was in front of me. now he's on my pearl. about the favor, please tell me when you will do the favor for me. don't worry, it won't be for nothing i will give you one, shiny legendary, legit to whoever may givve me my sid(secret id) in my migrated pokemon from emerald.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Behold the result of 1491 (4473, since you're seeing three at once) SR:

P1060600.jpg

... The shiny starter that I wanted the least. lol. I don't know whether to be pleased or annoyed; just to make it even more ironic, he has the same nature (Hasty) as the shiny Totodile that I spent months hatching for in Platinum. U_U

I'm tempted to trade him over to one of my other games, and then continue SR'ing for a shiny Chikorita/Cyndaquil.

Shiny otodile profile pic

Oh, and I took a profile pic of my Shiny Oddish too.

I'm uploading a video of shiny Totodile to youtube.

EDIT: Shiny Totodile video

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Congrats Helio, was that your first file of SR's or have you switched ID's often.

Also, given the recent change in layout for HG/SS profiles, is anyone opposed to the following rule when posting pictures;

When posting pictures of HG/SS shinies, if your camera is capable(high enough resolution), please include the OT/ID screen in the shot when showing profile pictures, so to actually show it has your unique OT and ID#.

junpearl63

their rooms
Behold the result of 1491 (4473, since you're seeing three at once) SR:

P1060600.jpg

... The shiny starter that I wanted the least. lol. I don't know whether to be pleased or annoyed; just to make it even more ironic, he has the same nature (Hasty) as the shiny Totodile that I spent months hatching for in Platinum. U_U

I'm tempted to trade him over to one of my other games, and then continue SR'ing for a shiny Chikorita/Cyndaquil.

Shiny otodile profile pic

Oh, and I took a profile pic of my Shiny Oddish too.

I'm uploading a video of shiny Totodile to youtube.

Same nature? Now that is pretty weird, and slightly annoyed. I don't know how to say this, but congratulation though. After all, a shiny is a shiny...

I have Sring more than 100 (I think, didn't keep track of it because I almost fell asleep) for the Shaymin, but still, no shiny for me. I'm really tired of hatching eggs (impatient girl...) so, I'm focus in my Shaymin now... Chaining is such a drag, the chain always broke. I'm tried to get a Mareep and Gliscor, meh, still not shine. I really need more advice in chaining, help?

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Congrats Helio, was that your first file of SR's or have you switched ID's often.

I switched ID's a lot. Every 100 SR I switched ID's (so I saw 300 different Pokemon in each file). And every 10 SR (so, every 30 Pokemon) I walked around a few steps and resaved, just in case it affected the RNG.

The shiny Totodile appeared on the 273 SR of that file, I think. I've noticed that pretty much every shiny I've ever caught has always appeared around 30-50 SR/encounters after I've resaved (which is why I tend to save my games every 30 or so SR)

Same nature? Now that is pretty weird, and slightly annoyed. I don't know how to say this, but congratulation though. After all, a shiny is a shiny...

Same nature, same gender, and as I found out when I traded it over to Pearl, same characteristic, too (alert to sounds).

I've started SR'ing in HG again. It better not be another shiny Totodile that appears or else I will be annoyed. >_>

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

m!ss p!nk

Puss wuss >3
It seems like everyone got their Oak's letter and begin to Sring..... How about a race? Well, whoever get their shiny Shaymin first win! What do ya say?

BTW, m!ssp!nk, Starly is a pretty easy target, which route are you chaining it?

In the start, bidoof always break it, can any1 help, now i'm searching for shiny roselia, any advice?

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Ok! I got my Shaymin event today and I'm going to SR! I will race all of you...I take your challenge Kolmed...A prize you say? I have a good idea! the winner gets a shiny Shaymin! (laughs at own joke) So...yeah, Shiny Shaymin, I'm ready! wait...no, I'm not ready...I'm going to first hatch a Ralts that's Modest with syncronise to use as a sync...A MODEST SHINY SHAYMIN FOLLOWING ME AROUND IN SOULSILVER IS FANTASTIC! YES!!! So thats my hunt sorted...
EDIT: I can help with chaining! watch this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wruW8rzRAxA the best vid ever!

Last edited:
Hi, I doubt anyone remembers me, but a while ago, I did an alternate color pokemon drawing thingamagiggy that I posted here since you people, and I as well, love shinies so much. Without further ado, here is a piece I did using Profesco's(the staff dude) sketch of Charizard.

bf97a097d6c7991ffad7d2061bab9442.png

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Ok! I got my Shaymin event today and I'm going to SR! I will race all of you...I take your challenge Kolmed...A prize you say? I have a good idea! the winner gets a shiny Shaymin! (laughs at own joke) So...yeah, Shiny Shaymin, I'm ready! wait...no, I'm not ready...I'm going to first hatch a Ralts that's Modest with syncronise to use as a sync...A MODEST SHINY SHAYMIN FOLLOWING ME AROUND IN SOULSILVER IS FANTASTIC! YES!!! So thats my hunt sorted...
EDIT: I can help with chaining! watch this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wruW8rzRAxA the best vid ever!

OMG..... i cannot thank you enough.. i knew there was something i had forgetten, my modest Sync :D. Yay yay yay thanks, just like to post to appreciate as im going to be SRing it for ages now and it might have popped up.

Thanks again, congrats on the tododile and Good luck everyone, guess i will do Kyogre SR's too.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well Helio's newest shiny has forced me to abandon my playthrough of SS, and yet again, i find myself SRing for a shiny starter.

I'll probably do as Helio has done which is change ID every 100 SR's, and just hope and pray i can get a shiny starter.

Good luck with all your hunts people.

BTW, The_Mexican_Smeargle, i absolutely love that picture of Shiny Charizard, its awesome. :)

Clever-Mird

Shiny total 16
I did something that was, umm... how do I say it... FANTASTIC!!! (For me at least...)

I was chaining Electrike last night and I got to a chain of forty and the chain broke! so I tried five more times, got to forty again, and got FIVE (Most I have ever gotten from a chain!) shiny electrike! I am super excited and I evolved one of them at school today. I am going to train two of them, one being Special attack based and one being Attack based. the other three are staying electrike! They are my pack brothers and sisters!!

It really is perfect because I have one with an Adamant nature and one with a Modest nature!

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I did something that was, umm... how do I say it... FANTASTIC!!! (For me at least...)

I was chaining Electrike last night and I got to a chain of forty and the chain broke! so I tried five more times, got to forty again, and got FIVE (Most I have ever gotten from a chain!) shiny electrike! I am super excited and I evolved one of them at school today. I am going to train two of them, one being Special attack based and one being Attack based. the other three are staying electrike! They are my pack brothers and sisters!!

It really is perfect because I have one with an Adamant nature and one with a Modest nature!

Congrats! I tried for Electrike last time they was swarming in my game, but nothing.

I'm back to SRing for Darkrai. Wish me luck, fellow shiny hunters!

Helio: Congrats on Totodile! Even though you have one already (and the same nature, no less!), a shiny is a shiny.

miloticsavior

YOUR out of order!!
Hello everyone, and also congratulations to that shiny totodile. I'm probly gonna quit club and serebii now, cause frankly, I've gotten absolutely no help from making posts on this site. Also, I get no congrats ever when I find a shiny, so it's like, what's the point? I'm hoping to give this stuff up soon so I can do something else.

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
Oooow Yeah. Only two days ago for the roselia and now ..... But first...

Major congrats to helio for the totodile too bad it's dile again and i really hope for you this new news of mine isent making you jelaous :s

I decided to watch a movie (Knowing with nicolas cage) and sring a bit for my jotho starter. And this one showed up.

As per request i took a picture of the whole DS.

I really dont know how much i did in total. I hoped i got chiko but it became my second in line cyndaquil i'm lucky i did not end up with a totodile as it was the last one i wanted. I'll think i start sring for a shiny shinno starter soon as i dont have a shinno starter yet. I'm going to do this in my Platinum #2 as i then can go for the oaks letter if i get one. I'm not sure yet wich one i'm going to sring for.

I give my luck to everyone here.

Last edited:

t6r7

<--Resets: Alot
Oooow Yeah. Only two days ago for the roselia and now ..... But first...

Major congrats to helio for the totodile too bad it's dile again and i really hope for you this new news of mine isent making you jelaous :s

I decided to watch a movie (Knowing with nicolas cage) and sring a bit for my jotho starter. And this one showed up.

As per request i took a picture of the whole DS.

I really dont know how much i did in total. I hoped i got chiko but it became my second in line cyndaquil i'm lucky i did not end up with a totodile as it was the last one i wanted. I'll think i start sring for a shiny shinno starter soon as i dont have a shinno starter yet. I'm going to do this in my Platinum #2 as i then can go for the oaks letter if i get one. I'm not sure yet wich one i'm going to sring for.

I give my luck to everyone here.

Congrats!!!. It looks cool when it is following you :D
So my status right now is that I am SRing for shaymin. I have gotten like 50 Srs cause I have no time

Good luck to everyone with their hunts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.