• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Bossk, I'm going to have ask you to either stop posting here or to add more content to your posts. All of your recent posts have been about how you aren't even shiny hunting, and how you're playing other games like Halo. Honestly, we understand that you're sad that you don't have your shiny Pidgey, but you don't have to tell us every day how little motivation you have.

As for motivation, most of it comes from within. On the rare occasions I truly don't have any motivations, I just look at the shiny sprite of what I'm searching for, or watch a video of someone else catching it on YouTube. If that still doesn't help, take a break from shiny hunting completely, and you'll find that your desire to hunt will return within a few days.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Sorry FuFu, and thanks for the motivation tips. I guess I got nothing else to say then, except I will most likely try a little tomorrow, and I wish you guys luck

Oops, 1-liner. I will tell the story of my Shiny Parasect. Okay, I was getting Tiny Mushrooms with a Spinarak or some pokemon I had in Leaf Green with theif. I was just searching around, getting a bunch until it popped up! I was overjoyed!

Last edited:

Ammako

Bossk, if you want a shiny Pidgeot that badly, and you don't mind using Pokéradar, you could:

1) Learn how to use the Pokéradar (If you don't know yet);
2) Use the Pokéradar at Route 229 to get a shiny Pidgey, then level that up twice.

And I doubt you would want to get one traded to you - it won't be as special to you than it would have been if you caught it yourself.

MetaPheonixPal

Been planning on new hunts but after looking over the GBA games, I can't really SR for anything that isnt in HG/SS.. seriously all of the legendaries from the GBA games are in Hg/SS so since SRing just for Darkrai is getting a bit boring I guess I might SR for a shiny Palkia on my Pearl version since Pearl was the one i got instead of Diamond because I thought Palkia was cooler than Dialga so why not have a shiny Palkia?

Congrats to all you people getting HG/SS Shinies, I can't wait till I can SR for those kinds of pokemon on HG/SS and I am pretty sure others feel the same way.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Yes, exactly. I have been offered many trades for a Shiny Pidgey, but I stood tall and rejected it. I told them I'll get my own and would try for it

I'm terrible with the pokeradar but I read something on how to do well. I'll get it, though. I will train my Pidgey into a beautiful, flourishing Pidgeot

Ammako

I myself would not use the Pokéradar at all (I feel shinies aren't as much special as they should have been otherwise.)
I only got 4 shinies off it, Luxray, Crobat, Linoone and Bibarel.
Crobat was traded away on the forums for a Manaphy Egg, and the three others were left behind when restarting my Diamond game.
And now, I'm only getting shinies by random encounters and soft reseting. I might use Masuda method, though.

For example, Beedrill, Belossom, Chimecho and Roserade were random encounters, while Blaziken was Soft Reseting in Emerald.

And now, my current target is Charmander and my upcoming targets are Rotom, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

Last edited:

Bossk

Like a champ.
Yeah, I somehwat agree on them not being as Special, but I may resort to that, as people make it seem easy. But then again, I don't want it to be too easy, but at the same time I do. You know what I'm trying to get at?

Ammako

Yeah, I somehwat agree on them not being as Special, but I may resort to that, as people make it seem easy. But then again, I don't want it to be too easy, but at the same time I do. You know what I'm trying to get at?
It only relies on your opinion.
If you feel you're not going to like your shiny Pidgeot as much as if you random encountered it, then don't chain and try to get one without it.
If you feel you're going to like it as much, if not more, than a shiny Pidgeot you random encounter, then go for it.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Yeah, so I should stick to random encounters. I will do that tomorrow, or maybe give it a day or two brake and do something to get me psyched.

Ammako

Yeah, I do think random-encountering on Route 5 is the best option.
Of course, you gotta do something else at night.
Knowing the encounter percentages help a lot. :)

I once tried in Fire-Red to encounter Pokémon on Route 1 continuously until I found a shiny... Never found one.

Dennikin

Hey, is that your second shiny Metapod?
By the way, CONGRATULATIONS! Were you in some kind of cave, because the background thing looks rockish?

Ammako

No, it's the same as before.
Just that this time he uploaded the pictures and is putting them here.

By the way, Shepard, we're sort of twins now, lol.
I got shiny Beedrill from Virdian Forest, while you get shiny Butterfree from Ilex Forest.

And Hibiki got an Ultra Ball cap.

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
Hey, is that your second shiny Metapod?
By the way, CONGRATULATIONS! Were you in some kind of cave, because the background thing looks rockish?

Wow, you replied fast. Thanks, and no it's not my 2nd shiny Metapod, I'm just posting pictures of it in case anyone cared to see them. Also, I'm not sure why it's rocky, but it was in the Ilex Forest, I was out in the open.
Pingouin7, shiny beedrill looks awesome, I wouldn't mind having one myself. I did evolve the Metapod into a Butterfree, but took pictures and turned my game off. I'll evolve it in the future, but I don't want to yet. I only evolved it because I accidentally got myself into a double battle, and it happened to be in the 2nd slot of my party, so it shared the experience.

Last edited:

Dennikin

Ummm, one question about trying to get the shiny starters in HG/SS, I'm reading this walkthrough of Soul Silver and apparently this is what it says;

'if you're trying to get a shiny/alternate coloured starter, it will now show up in that alternate colour on the screen where you choose your starter, meaning you can find out if a starter is shiny before you can even pick it.'

Does this mean, when you choose the Pokeball of the startes and pops up with the picture when you FIRST choose the pokemon, it will show the shiny colour?

I hope I make sense! =.=

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
Ummm, one question about trying to get the shiny starters in HG/SS, I'm reading this walkthrough of Soul Silver and apparently this is what it says;

'if you're trying to get a shiny/alternate coloured starter, it will now show up in that alternate colour on the screen where you choose your starter, meaning you can find out if a starter is shiny before you can even pick it.'

Does this mean, when you choose the Pokeball of the startes and pops up with the picture when you FIRST choose the pokemon, it will show the shiny colour?

I hope I make sense! =.=

Yes, you can see if the pokemon is shiny before you even choose it. When you wheel through and look at the 3 starters, they will be shiny if you are lucky. http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=401358&page=132
Go to that page and find Heliotrope's post with the picture of the Totodile.

Dennikin

Yes, you can see if the pokemon is shiny before you even choose it. When you wheel through and look at the 3 starters, they will be shiny if you are lucky. http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=401358&page=132
Go to that page and find Heliotrope's post with the picture of the Totodile.

Thanks! This is good because it will be much easier than how it use to be! :p
I wonder what are the chances of getting a shiny WITH the right nature! xD

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!
Began my shiny johto starter hunt,
I really just want to play my heartgold but Ill keep trying till i get 4,000resets(which is 12000 starters), please please shine soon I really want to play my heartgold..
Id prefer totodile but cyndaquil would be more then fine... chikorita on the otherhand i would prefer not seeing as I already hatched a perfect one haha i luv it...im at 600 resets more or less. by the end of the weekend ill be at more then 2,000 resets(6000 starters). hopefully I get it before then thoe,,,papa please....
Anyways on a side note would someone help me trade my 5 poks from pearl to HG in a week(after shiny starter) if you can please message me I really need that help..

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Yeah, so I should stick to random encounters. I will do that tomorrow, or maybe give it a day or two brake and do something to get me psyched.

Do you know how many encounters you've done so far?

Well, another day, another chance to hunt for shiny Johto starter number 2. I'm at 3500/10,500 SR now, so it's taken much longer than shiny Totodile...

Please shine soon, one of you! @_@

Good luck everybody.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Well I decided to pick up my resets for a shiny starter in HeartGold while I was SRing for shiny Lugia. After 20 SR's, while I was going through the starters:

S5030961.jpg

Another shiny Totodile appeared! That makes 3 shiny Totodile I have so far, one from Masuda Method, one in SoulSilver and now one in HeartGold XD.

More pictures:

Shiny Totodile, Quiet nature
DS pic, with my Trainer ID

I kinda wanted to get a shiny other than Totodile, but it doesn't bother me that I have 3 of them. I'm leaving my Masuda'd Totodile as a Totodile, and I may evolve this one. I hope it has better IV's than the one I got in SoulSilver(it has 0 in Attack and Speed).

Back to SRing for shiny Lugia. I hope it won't take too much longer to shine. Congrats on all the new shinies everyone :D.

EDIT: Shiny Totodile video

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.