• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.M.

UJellicent?
After almost 5000 soft resets, 3 weeks and countless wasted hours, it's here!

Video1500001-11.jpg

It took quite a while and I was getting bored of soft resetting. I was just laying around my house and then I decided that I would soft reset for a bit. An hour later Shiny Suicune appeared. The IVs aren't amazing but at least my Bold syncer worked! Now I might SR for a Lati or maybe Kyogre/Rayquaza. Sorry for the bad picture quality, my camera was dieing and I barely had enough battery left to take the shiny dex picture.

---IVs---
Suicune - #245 (Bold)
HP: 20 - 22
Att: 18 - 19
Def: 5 - 7
SpA: 0 - 2
SpD: 15 - 17
Speed: 20 - 22

Double-oh-Platypus

Hello everybody! I wouldn't mind joining the club, if that's alright. :)

I Double-oh-Platypus hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Hey, guys, am I still welcome here? Sorry, I've been trying alot for Pidgey and still nothing >=( But I hope all is well. How many shinnies have I missed?

Polarix

n___n
Nope no need to rejoin, your post history shows that you rejoined on 19th July, so your good.

Thanks ^^

I've had a really long break from shiny-hunting and such, just playing on Pearl and I restarted Platinum. But now, since completing it last night I decided to start shiny hunting again.

I began with chaining and I'm trying to get the hang of it again XD I did manage to get to a chain of 40 Starly but I broke it accidentally while watching a movie 3:

Hey, congrats on the Suicune Mew Master, thats one of the most wanted shinys.

I started to watch the new Arceus movie turned it off after the first five minutes because it was horrible. the only good thing was the animation art, and everything else like the voice acting and plot was terrible. Its kinda stupid how one of the most played hand held video game has one of the most hated and least watched anime.

on another note I checked the Ivs of my new slakoth and they are horrible

HP 9
Att 7
Def 1
Spatt 1
Spdef 1
Spd 1

Wow... kinda bad, but its adamant nature makes up for it, I calculated the ending Attack and it will be 439. meh pretty decent.

I think now ill do some hatching for either a new shiny starter like blastoise or treeko, or some hatches for a new shiny evee(Iv gotten some in the past, but they all had horrible natures for a shiny Umbreon, and as you can tell from my name I really want one.)

Ill probably only post again until I get a new shiny or I switch hunts

peace out.

Polarix

n___n
I decided to pull out my Flaaffy with static and started to chain Shinx which was my first Sinnoh shiny, I chained it in Pearl. After a few reaching 25-30 I was determined to get a shiny Shinx.

Then, I managed to get to 40 and had to reset the radar for ages. Until a shiny patch appeared, and out came a mild natured Shiny Shinx ^^. I can't get any pictures yet of it. Unluckily I broke the chain about 20 super repels after it. I'll also find the time to calculate the iv's later, which I'll probably post with the pictures.

Raikou_fan

Congratulations on all the new shinies everyone! Especially that suicune, mewmaster, I hope to SR for one of those myself when HG/SS is released here.

Well, lately I've kind of been neglecting my shiny hunts. I've done very little SRing for scyther. I've just been proccupied with school, and don't have the patience for it right now. However, even though I haven't been hunting, I've still had some nice luck. Earlier, as I was EV'ing my shiny Horsea on staravia to use in SS, I was lucky enough to run into a shiny staravia!! It was in a shiny patch, on a chain of 7. Sadly, it's bashful natured, but I guess it could be worse. I haven't had a chance to calculate its IV's yet. I'll try to get a picture of it up over the break.

Good luck with all your hunts, everyone

Ooh, that Shiny Circuit looks very fun.
I OSF hereby acknowledge that I have read the Forum and Club rulesand agree to abide by them.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Man...almost forgot this place existed...

Ima try and get back into shiny hunting, starting with those unhatched eggs in Plat. Figures. I hatch a Modest Bagon and it has Dragon Claw and Flamethrower.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Helio, you do like pink shinies, if I'm not mistaken? Lol.

Actually I prefer blue/purple ones (and ones that look very different to their normal forms). It's just a coincidence that two of my favourite Pokemon (Buneary and Lugia) that I'm hunting at the same time happen to have pink shiny forms. I can't stand the colour pink in real-life. lol ^_^;

Right now I'm Buneary hatching, but in a little while I'll be doing some more Pattern Bush encounters instead. When I checked last night I was at 890 eggs hatched. I bet he's going to be another shiny that takes over 3000 eggs... >.>

I also managed to do some more SR for shiny Cressilia last night, bringing my total up to 700 SR.

Off-topic wise, I have three cats that looks like the last three ones in your sig, lol
The difference is that your cat Shadow got short hair, while mine got long hair... They are your cats, right?

Yay, a fellow cat owner. Yes, they're my cats - or at least our family cats (though my mother and did pay half each for Oscar, so I guess technically he's all mine now)

My off-topic bit: ... Yay! Tottenham gave Wigan a damn good thrashing in the football yesterday. 9-1. lol, 9-1. That's the best score I've ever seen. And as a Tottenham fan, I'm obviously very pleased about it. ^.^

Last edited:

Dragonking

Hmm has there been any evidence of a possible increase of the shiny encounter rate or are we pretty sure it's still 1/8192.

Managed to get Arceus last Sunday so that's all done. Haven't yet started my egg hatching, but plan on some targets soon.

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
We only have today and tommorow of school than I will have super hunting time.

I learned something new about chaining that everyone knew that will make Torkoal hunting easier.

My brother really wants a shiny so when he's beaten Pearl version I'm going to chain Bagon for him.

Last edited:

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
We only have today and tommorow of school than I will have super hunting time.

I learned something new about chaining that everyone knew that will make Torkoal hunting easier.

My brother really wants a shiny so when he's beaten Pearl version I'm going to chain Bagon for him.

guess what I also learned something that could help everyone here. Sorry if this is a one liner the posts get long.

Anyway I learned that when your chaining and you go into a patch if the part that has your chain count. When you walk into the patch and the chain count goes sideways your chain just broke. Its actually pretty helpful to see if your chain broke before you actually go into the battle and see the silhouette

Double-oh-Platypus

how do i join this club?

Umm, you read the rules?

Anyway, I'm thinking that when I have time, I going to start trying my luck for a Shiny Tentacool/Tentacruel. The latter was the first shiny I ever caught back in my original Pearl game, but I restarted without really thinking of my Pokemon and lost it. -_-" So I'm aiming to get it back... it had some good moves too.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Hey, guys! I found a Shiny! I was using my AR to get low-leveled fully evolved pokemon to help myself EV train for the BT and guess what? I found a Shiny! But the thing was, the shadow went waaaaay up and nothing was there. The name was ------ and in the Pokedex it showed three white blocks :(

So did I find a real 1/8192 shiny and it was messed up? I'm not sure...

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Hey, guys! I found a Shiny! I was using my AR to get low-leveled fully evolved pokemon to help myself EV train for the BT and guess what? I found a Shiny! But the thing was, the shadow went waaaaay up and nothing was there. The name was ------ and in the Pokedex it showed three white blocks :(

So did I find a real 1/8192 shiny and it was messed up? I'm not sure...

Than how are you so sure its a shiny if you have no idea what it was?

I got through one of the two days I have of school this week.

Good luck hunting!

Bossk

Like a champ.
Oh well you see, when nothing appeared some random starts came up and I heard the sparkle. I should've added that =P

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Well here are some possibilties:

1. You found a real shiny but the AR screwed it up.
2. The AR created it by accident.
3. You imagined the sparkles.
4. You're making stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.