• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Wulfharth

Divine Wonder...
Arghhh I am going crazy I am currently hatching growlithe eggs and Pokeradaring Miltank but it always breaks I hate its low encounter rate.

Clever-Mird

Shiny total 16
What are the best and worst IV's you've had on a shiny?

I need help figuring out how to GET IVs, I know what they are but I don't know how to figure out what they are for my pokemon.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
May I join?

Please read the first post.

I need help figuring out how to GET IVs, I know what they are but I don't know how to figure out what they are for my pokemon.

Here's the IV calculator I use

Of course you need to know your Pokemon's EV's to get an accurate calculation. Remember; Pokemon gain EV's every time they win a battle, so even if you don't think you've been EV-training them, if you've used them in battle, then you have.

Right now I'm doing a spot of SR'ing for shiny Aerodactyl in LG. I'm hoping it'll shine before the end of the year. I don't know how many months I've been after this thing, but it's at least four. Currently at 7510 SR.

I also did more SR'ing for shiny Latios (now at 4670 SR) and encounters for shiny Meowth (now at 554 encounters) today.

Last edited:

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
read the rules

Yeah, it looks like you need to again as well. :/

Poke-Glitch, the information about customising the Safari Zone has been all over the internet, as well as Serebii's main front page for quite some time.

I've been having fun hunting for items all over Sinnoh on my Diamond at the moment. Once I've gotten a fair amount, I'm going to go back to EV training and Masuda Method hatching. I've done a fair amount of encounters in Route 116, and I might also continue with that later today. ;D

MetaPheonixPal

Hello people

Been thinking about some pokemon I could random encounter for the Kanto Tourz. Some of which are: Oddish, Vulpix, Growlithe, and Psyduck.

I really need to finish Sring for Darkrai :( I miss playing through my Platinum with all my awesome Pokemon but I am stuck at this Island so sometime during this week I am going to try to get some more Srs in. I am also still Sring for a Shiny Torchic in Ruby Version. In Sapphire I might Sr for a Shiny Kyogre, only problem is I have no idea where I am in the game. I let my dad borrow it since he wanted to play it and then he gave it back. I don't know if he is past the part where you get Kyogre or if he isn't.

In Pearl, I am thinking about breeding for a shiny Heracross since it would be easier than using the Honey Trees. Though I might not since I could do random encounters for it in Lg/Fr so another possible target could be Exeggcute, the shiny that ran away in that cursed Safari Zone. It is such a cool shiny and I really want one :D

Also, who won the Hoenn Tour? =O I don't know if it was announced all I saw was basically: "Hoenn Tour ending... Kanto Tour? Ok!" Then the Kanto Tour started so I am wonder who won?

And that is it. Congrats to Heliotrope and your many shinies o_O and to the other people. Also good luck to people who are hunting for Shiny Pokemon.

ShinyManic!

GOTCHA!! ^_^
Welcome ShinyManic!. :)

Thanks Dan the Poke Man.

I recently restarted my Leaf Green again in hope of a Shiny Bulbasaur, and as soon as that shines I'm going to random encounter in Viridian Forest for a Shiny for the Kanto Tour.

As for thinking about future targets, I think i might finish off Random Encounters which I halted before a shiny appeared (Tangela and Paras), although those previous encounters probably won't count seeing as they were done before the Kanto Tour started.

Meh. I'll stop procrastinating and get started. :)

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!
Im gonna aim for these shinies:
Charmander
Aeordactly
poliwhirl
horsea
shroomish
feebas

QUESTION
Im gonna masuda method half of them but what is the best place to search for a horsea(highest percentage)
also does the kanto and hoenn starters work the same as the johto starters(as there shinyness shows reat from the beginning in the balls)?
thanks

beebo

Finally :)
hi everybody
im currently sr'ing for latios in HG reached 1300
and doing the masuda method in platinum hatched about 300 eggs
will start with the kanto tour when i get latios

Last edited:

Lucas666

Dragon Trainer
also does the kanto and hoenn starters work the same as the johto starters(as there shinyness shows reat from the beginning in the balls)?
thanks

No, unfortunatly (from what I've heard) it's in text that you select the Kanto and Hoenn starters. You won't find out if their shiny until you choose one and it's yours.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
I've finally got my jap Ditto over to Diamond! Just need to catch a Paras and I'm on my way! Really have high hopes now, and considering I can just transfer all the non-shiny Paras I hatch over to Ranch, I have no worries in filling up boxes. Also, I'm just gonna stick with this hunt right now...not letting anything get in the way! (until that tournament which Darklatios spoke about starts) Good luck guys! I'm off to start!

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Hey guys.

I've hit a slump, once again (surprise, surprise). I'm trying to chain for Vibravas again, but I just can't seem to be able to see all of the patches in the desert. Not only that, my chains break from picking the wrong patches, too. Has anyone here successfully chained Vibravas before? Got any tips? Photos? I need motivation. >:

I might try for a Porygon or Eevee instead. I really want to chain a shiny to trade to my HeartGold game, but I'd rather chain and do things on Diamond, so it'd be wierd having an English shiny on a Japanese game. D:

Any ideas on exotic Pokemon to chain? I have Sapphire and Leaf Green as well. o:

Good luck on the hunts, too.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Oh well, the nature is more important than the IV's anyway. Am I imagining this, or was it your shiny Horsea that only took about 500 encounters to appear?
Well, my Horsea took 1201 encounters to appear...perhaps your confusing it with my shiny Meowth? It decided to show up after only 432 encounters on LG.

Claranium said:
I have a question about shiny kanto tour: in the french shiny tour say the maximum random shinies in one year. We will do also the tour one year or less(for example 2 months)?
Like I said in the first post, this will last for six months.

LSA, chain for a shiny Lotad or Seviper! I think those look pretty exotic. *_* Or, ya know, you could random encounter for something.

As for me, I didn't have basketball practice today, so I got some hunting done on the bus and while I was waiting for my mother to pick me up from the bus stop. I ended up getting to 7420 encounters for Paras. I'm still hunting for it as I type, but I'm also SRing for Darkrai now. I currently have 3336 SRs.

Good luck, everyone.

Oh, and for those of you interested in jbtenseventeen's shiny hunting competition, here's a link to the YouTube video containing more information:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-7MAkhzNPg

lastdays

Hey everyone, i have finally completed my kanto starters! i hatched shiny quirky bulbasaur(now venusaur) a day after catching shiny latios and just now i hatched a shiny modest squirtle. i am feeling reallyyy happy right now. currently ev training squirtle in soul silver and after im done im going back to SRing darkrai in platinum, which i put off for a long time. here are some pics
DSC01132.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

Hey guys.

I've hit a slump, once again (surprise, surprise). I'm trying to chain for Vibravas again, but I just can't seem to be able to see all of the patches in the desert. Not only that, my chains break from picking the wrong patches, too. Has anyone here successfully chained Vibravas before? Got any tips? Photos? I need motivation. >:

I might try for a Porygon or Eevee instead. I really want to chain a shiny to trade to my HeartGold game, but I'd rather chain and do things on Diamond, so it'd be wierd having an English shiny on a Japanese game. D:

Any ideas on exotic Pokemon to chain? I have Sapphire and Leaf Green as well. o:

Good luck on the hunts, too.

i successfully got to a chain 40 with vibrava before. it is difficult because of the sandstorm, so a few tricks are to 1. set time to noon, that way it's the brightest in game and 2. set brightness to max or close to max. other than that, it just takes practice as you'll be used to the sand on screen after a while.

here's some motivation: a shiny flygon that evolved from one of the vibravas
DSC01110.jpg

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnNTHTp_Nwg

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
*facepalmofrealization*

I just realized, that before I get my Torkoal, I want a Sychronizer. Another thing is, I need to figure out what nature.

So I guess I'm just going for Delibird, Pichu, Heatran, and Articuno. :p

EDIT: Congrats dude. That's shiny insanity.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
lastdays, how many eggs did it take for you to hatch your shiny Squirtle and Bulbasaur? You got them pretty quickly...and did you use the Masuda Method? I'm asking because there hasn't really been any confirmation of a Masuda Method in HG/SS, has there?

lastdays

hey shiny fufu. my bulbasaur took around 10 boxes, which is around 300 eggs. This was all done in soul silver. my squirtle on the other hand took quite a lot of boxes. i stopped counting after 2 weeks of hatched squirtles. This was done in pearl using the masuda method too. Then today, i transferred both parents to my soul silver and began hatching. around the 4th box the shiny squirtle hatched... -__-

I'm not sure if HG/SS keeps the same egg mechanics as the other gen IV games, but it wouldn't make sense if gamefreak decides to take out the masuda method. i hatched squirtle in SS pretty fast, but obviously my case isnt statistically significant unless we can get confirmations from lots more people, or the smogon guys confirm this.

and also, congrats to new shinies

Helio-nice hoppip. jumpluff looks even sexier with pink
Lucas666-shinx!
Shepard-skitty. very cute

good luck everyone.

Ammako

Yeah, you do have to release them to progress in the story... (much like with Ho-oh in HG/Lugia in SS). It also means that you'll have to restart your game at least twice to get both shiny, and hope that you don't keep getting the same one shiny time after time.

Oh well... a new day, a new chance to SR for a shiny Latios. I'm currently at 3410 SR, and I'll probably make it to 4000 by the end of the day.

Good luck guys. ^_^
You can just save before encountering them, find them, and once one of them is shiny, catch it and KO the other one.
Then you beat the Elite Four and go back to the Burned Tower, and the remaining dog should start roaming again - that's your cue to SR for it.

Today I'm transferring over my Jap Ditto to Diamond, which has not had it's pokedex screwed up, therefore the Masuda Method will now...work!
The game doesn't read the Pokédex data for masuda method.
It only checks if one of the Pokémon are a different nationality.

Hey everyone, i have finally completed my kanto starters! i hatched shiny quirky bulbasaur(now venusaur) a day after catching shiny latios and just now i hatched a shiny modest squirtle. i am feeling reallyyy happy right now. currently ev training squirtle in soul silver and after im done im going back to SRing darkrai in platinum, which i put off for a long time. here are some pics
DSC01132.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

i successfully got to a chain 40 with vibrava before. it is difficult because of the sandstorm, so a few tricks are to 1. set time to noon, that way it's the brightest in game and 2. set brightness to max or close to max. other than that, it just takes practice as you'll be used to the sand on screen after a while.

here's some motivation: a shiny flygon that evolved from one of the vibravas
DSC01110.jpg

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnNTHTp_Nwg
You should have picked the Katakana localization patch.
Squirtle and Venusaur should be OK, since trading them to an English D/P/Pt game and evolving them would have changed their name to English.
However, any Pokémon that you get in that game that cannot evolve will have an English name, therefore they won't be legit.

Autumn Pachirisu

Lover of fire
Congratulations on all those shinies! I like starters but wouldn't have the patience to soft reset for one unless it were a Charmander (Although for some reason I love Charizard in general). I came here to say that I finally got a few more eggs hatched yesterday. I'm up to 50, which keeps my average of... 5 eggs per day. I should speed up the hatching, soon. >< I just need to tear myself away from FireRed... and drawing...

My next shiny hunt will be soft resetting for a shiny Articuno in that FireRed, and I'll hope it's not Jolly. (But I won't count it for the Kanto tour. ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.