• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty

Forever now
^Yeah, the item can be hacked to get a pass to Arceus n sr from there. The Arceus itself is still legit tho.

Good luck on your Beldum hatch, it has big steps to hatch, lol.

On the topic of a new pokemon game. I'm excited for its release. Kinda not fair for the english language game players. I mean, they may be still sring for shiny Ho-oh/Lugia while the japanese might have got new shiny legendaries.. o_O
Wonder, how cool they can be.

Since Pokeradar is new device, I'm sure n really hope they will bring it onto the new game.^^

Aesir22

I Aesir22 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Why I would like to join? Because I like hunting for a shiny by radar, breeding, SR or just a random encounter. Got a shiny card in my signature. I can give all information about the shinies(like nature, moves etc)

Most recent shinies are the 3 meowth I got while using the pokeradar in the Trophy Garden on my Platinum game.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Ok so not the thing i wanted to be doing this morning but here goes;

peppershinyhunter, you cannot post in this club until you read the first post and make the pledge correctly. I realize that phones cannot always copy & paste words, but you can still write it down on a piece of paper and then type it into your phone afterwards.

Once done you will start with one strike due to double posting.

Can we please not have any discussion on shiny Arceus and any sort of possible legitimacy, as it will cause arguments that this club does not need. Thank You.

___

Now onto more pleasant matters. Welcome to the club Aesir22, thats a very nice collection of shinies you've got there, including some really rare shinies such as Wailord and Lumineon. Very nice indeed. :D

Good luck with all your hunts everyone.

Aesir22

Now onto more pleasant matters. Welcome to the club Aesir22, thats a very nice collection of shinies you've got there, including some really rare shinies such as Wailord and Lumineon. Very nice indeed. :D

Thanks!
Had too much free time to get to my internship for 6 months. (needed to travel 3 hours a day) So surfed a lot and found the shiny wailmer..evolved it..and found another one later..

I was fishing for a shellder. But not looking at the screen, just using the sounds. fishing -> battling etc..but then the sound of a shiny Lumineon

ShinyManic!

GOTCHA!! ^_^
Hello Everyone!

Congrats on all the new shinies. I downloaded the demo of rumble, and I must say for a button mashing game, it is somewhat addictive :p

Got up to 4014 encounters in Viridian Forest a few days ago, although I've kinda been slacking off on that front (too busy play rumble - demo should be longer! lol). All of the pokemon on my squad in my Leaf Green are mid-20s already and I've only got 1 badge. lol

Just a random rant that probably isn't true but I just feel like posting:

*Start rant*

Supposing that the RNG in a pokemon game is COMPLETELY random (but it isn't, so the rest of this probably won't matter), then the chance of encountering a shiny is set at 1/8192. That means the chance for a non-shiny is 8191/8192, which is 99.98779296875% of the time. Hypothetically speaking, that means that the probably of not finding a shiny after nth encounters gradually falls.
For example, If you did say 2000 encounters, then the probability of going that many encounters without encountering a shiny is (8191/8192)^2000 = 78.336579%. This percent gradually decreases as encounters increase, but unfortunately this isn't the case in the games, since you have shiny frames, predictable RNGs and what not. Even if you did however amount of encounter so that the percent is less than 0.1% (56,500 takes it to 0.1%), you're still not guaranteed a shiny.

*End Rant*

Once again, Congrats on all the new shinies, and good luck to everyone else!

peppershinyhunter

shiny trainer
Yes thank you forever believeing me I caught it shiny and had to SR a lot of times

Congrats on your shiny beldum by the way!!!

My next target: houndour

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Shiny legendaries: mewtwo, latios, latias, groudon, rayquaza, deoxys, lugia, ho-oh, celebi, lucario, manaphy, phione, darkrai, kyogre, mew, regigigas, arceus, girantina, and uxie

I thought we weren't supposed to be talking about hacked shinies...

Putting asside the fact that you must have used an AR to access the Mew/Arceus events (since they'd be considered semi-legit, seeing you did SR for them) - how did you get a shiny Celebi/Manaphy?

You can't catch Celebi in-game; so unless you have a Japanese Collosseum bonus disc and an uber-amount of luck, you must have hacked for it. Same goes for the shiny Manaphy, since I was under the impression that Ranger Manaphy (like other Pokemon that you collect from the poke mart delivery man) were pre-set not to be shiny.

On-topic: I'm hunting for a route 113 shiny right now in Sapphire; currently at 6560 encounters. I also started SR'ing for a shiny Omanyte in LG last night; I've only done 100 SR so far.

Good luck everyone.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Yes thank you forever believeing me I caught it shiny and had to SR a lot of times

Congrats on your shiny beldum by the way!!!

My next target: houndour

Please see my last post(which i have quoted below), you are not a member as you have not made the correct pledge.
Ok so not the thing i wanted to be doing this morning but here goes;

peppershinyhunter, you cannot post in this club until you read the first post and make the pledge correctly. I realize that phones cannot always copy & paste words, but you can still write it down on a piece of paper and then type it into your phone afterwards.

Once done you will start with one strike due to double posting.

Please post the correct pledge before posting again. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

peppershinyhunter

shiny trainer
Yes I did get that .00000001 chance of encountering a shiny celebi no hacks in the pkmn colloseum special Japanese disc I bought in eBay -_-

I don't want to cause and arguement due to the fact of me having a shiny ultra rare pkmn

Is there a way I can lose that strike if I erase that double msg

I PEPPERSHINYHUNTER hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the forum and club rules and agree to abide from them

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Yes I did get that .00000001 chance of encountering a shiny celebi no hacks in the pkmn colloseum special Japanese disc I bought in eBay -_-

I don't want to cause and arguement due to the fact of me having a shiny ultra rare pkmn

Is there a way I can lose that strike if I erase that double msg

Strikes are permanent and can you please stop ignoring my posts towards you. You have yet to make the correct pledge from the first post, and you need to do so before posting anything again.

As i said earlier, even though your phone cannot copy and paste, you are more than capable of writing the pledge on a piece of paper, and then typing it into your phone so that you can actually join this club, so please do so.

Thank You.

Last edited:

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
pepper, dude. Just look at the first post, write down what you have to say, type it in, and post. Handy, idnit?

And I just thought of something; Would it be possible to hatch get a shiny Phione through breeding?

Because I have a manaphy, and I'd love to have shiny Phione trotting along behind me in HG. :)

EDIT:
Yes it is possible to get a shiny Phione through breeding Manaphy with a Ditto.

Good luck with the hatch hunt.

I'm not going to do it yet, I'm going to wait until I obtain 2 shinies, or my shiny Torkoal. :D

I've been workin on Torkoal since Novemeber... but I can't get higher than 20. :p

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
pepper, dude. Just look at the first post, write down what you have to say, type it in, and post. Handy, idnit?

And I just thought of something; Would it be possible to hatch get a shiny Phione through breeding?

Because I have a manaphy, and I'd love to have shiny Phione trotting along behind me in HG. :)

Yes it is possible to get a shiny Phione through breeding Manaphy with a Ditto.

Good luck with the hatch hunt. :)

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I had only 1 shiny in January,It was my shiny Clefable in Rumble.Well,My first chain in a long time broke early.I fell that Febuary will be a good month for hunting.I have planned to obtain a shiny Luvdisc before Valintines Day.Good luck shiny hunting for everybody in the month of Febuary.

peppershinyhunter

shiny trainer
I PEPPERSHINYHUNTER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE FORUM AND CLUB RULES AND AGREE TO ABIDE FROM THEM

Does that help now???

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Lol at all the arguments people are having! But I think I can explain the shiny notched eared Pichu theory -

First I have a question to ask you all...How many pokemon can you legitimately catch shiny? I know the answer to this actually...the answer is 492. Only 1 pokemon can not be obtained shiny in any way, and that pokemon is Manaphy. Manaphy can be obtained only through Mystery Gift, and Mystery Gift pokemon are all set to be not shiny unless they are intended to be (like the Video games shiny Milotic, or this year's World Championship shiny Eevee). Yet Manaphy still has a shiny forme...all pokemon do. You can get a shiny Manaphy...but only if you cheat. The reason Manaphy still has a shiny forme is for 3 possible reasons - all pokemon have a shiny forme, Nintendo may plan to make Manaphy a SRble target in the future (I.E 5th gen?) and as someone said with the notched eared Pichu thing...Nintendo probably made it a shiny sprite so the game won't glitch up if people do cheat for it. So what's not to say the notched eared Pichu is set the same way? It may well have a shiny forme (like Manaphy), but the only way to get a shiny one is cheat (like Manaphy!). I think you'll find this makes a lot more sense that what everyone else has been saying! Congrats to everyone's shinies! (even Emu ones! I don't care about using Emu's! I don't have one though!) Good Luck for everyone's hunts! See ya!

MattyXB

Since 3,5 days nothing new for me. 1,5 days no Shiny and the rest 2 days only 3 double Shinys.
Now I have stop hunting for Aerodactyl & Eevee in Normal S. I try now Advance S again hunting for Eevee and others. Maybe I have there more luck.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I PEPPERSHINYHUNTER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ ALL THE FORUM AND CLUB RULES AND AGREE TO ABIDE FROM THEM

Does that help now???

Thank you peppershinyhunter for making the correct pledge, welcome to the club. In regards to your shinies, most will not believe that your shinies are legitimate and with good reason considering many of them require a whole lot of in-depth SRing(Manaphy), and in some cases require hacking the event item to get them outside of japan(Mew) or hacking the item in general(Arceus).

You still have one strike because of your early double post, which you made shortly after saying you had read the rules.

@Poke-Glitch, since the inception of shinies into the game, it has been possible through one form or another to get 492 of the pokemon in shiny form.

The one pokemon that cannot currently be obtained legitimately as a shiny is Arceus, as there has been no event for it in-game.

Manaphy can be obtained as a shiny from the ranger games, but i can't remember the full details on how to get one. I do remember that it involves transferring the egg from Pokemon Ranger(Original or Almia) to one game, hatching it, if not shiny, then turn game off and trade egg to a different game and repeat process, which includes having to restart your 4th gen game multiple times.

Lastly, until otherwise proven or disproven, can we please put a stop to the discussion of whether Spikey-Eared Pichu can be shiny. Unless you have proof of a legitimate/or otherwise SEP, then please do not discuss this pokemon, as it will just lead to arguments, all of which are pointless.

Last edited:

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Kirk, I deliberatly included Arceus to be a legit way of finding shiny because soon it will be a Wifi event. (Though yes you are right, at the moment it can not be found shiny unless hacking for the Azure Flute) And everyone will be able to SR for it. Manaphy can not become shiny in any legit way. It is pointless trading the egg over...as I said before...Manaphy is a Mystery Gift pokemon, and Mystery Gift pokemon can NOT (unless set) be obtained shiny in any way! Manaphy has been pre-set to be non-shiny. (Unless a cheat device interferes and makes it shiny!)

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Lol at all the arguments people are having! But I think I can explain the shiny notched eared Pichu theory -

First I have a question to ask you all...How many pokemon can you legitimately catch shiny? I know the answer to this actually...the answer is 492. Only 1 pokemon can not be obtained shiny in any way, and that pokemon is Manaphy. Manaphy can be obtained only through Mystery Gift, and Mystery Gift pokemon are all set to be not shiny unless they are intended to be (like the Video games shiny Milotic, or this year's World Championship shiny Eevee). Yet Manaphy still has a shiny forme...all pokemon do. You can get a shiny Manaphy...but only if you cheat. The reason Manaphy still has a shiny forme is for 3 possible reasons - all pokemon have a shiny forme, Nintendo may plan to make Manaphy a SRble target in the future (I.E 5th gen?) and as someone said with the notched eared Pichu thing...Nintendo probably made it a shiny sprite so the game won't glitch up if people do cheat for it. So what's not to say the notched eared Pichu is set the same way? It may well have a shiny forme (like Manaphy), but the only way to get a shiny one is cheat (like Manaphy!). I think you'll find this makes a lot more sense that what everyone else has been saying! Congrats to everyone's shinies! (even Emu ones! I don't care about using Emu's! I don't have one though!) Good Luck for everyone's hunts! See ya!

Actually with manaphy, you can get the egg, breed it if not shiny trade it over to another game and the shinyness if preset again.

Sorry for not posting in absolute AGES, its just i havent had much time to hunt, but im back now :D

Grats on new shinies, and good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.