• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I'm gonna start properly hunting one of my fav shinies now...Shiny Charmander! I've delayed this thing for months...but one thing I really wanna do is participate in the Kanto Tour. I can't though, because this thing is standing before me like a brick wall...that I have to smash with pure motivation. I really wanna get my first SR shiny SO bad! But I've no patience when it comes to SRing...Please wish me the best! and if you can...if you have a Shiny Charmander, could you post a pic of it to motivate me more? That's all I need! MOTIVATION! Good Luck guys...I'm about to start the biggest hunt of all time...
SANY0729.jpg
If that doesn't motivate you, Poke-Glitch, I don't know what will. Good luck.

Well, I already avenged the shiny Zapdos I SR'd over...there are two shiny uncatchable shiny Poochyena I need to avenge, as well as the uncatchable shiny Starly that I got while SRing for shiny Chimchar almost three years ago (o_O). And I still need to avenge my shiny Rapidash from Silver version.

Congrats on your shiny Seviper, Heliotrope...it's pretty!

Good luck to everyone.

hitoshura0

How many unavenged shinies do you someday wish to catch again?

I guess after I finish hatching that shiny Relicanth, I'll avenge my shiny Tentacool I lost on my original Sapphire. I may also go hunting off and on for a shiny Butterfree (my first shiny in gold), but I'll save that for Johto, where I can "reunion" with it.

Last edited:

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
Somewhere around 1,300 eggs for hatching my shiny Eevee using the Masuda Method. The English Eevee that I put in is level 99 now, and I put it in when it was level one! That's going to cost a lot to take out of the daycare lol.

LordSemaj

<- Newest Shiny
YAY! hardy abra shined on the 65th reset on the 75th abra in that batch. so... i bought 5395 abras total and the 5387th was shiny. looks like good IVs too, especially in sp A and HP but sp D looks bad, 0-4... sorry about getting a shiny abra Dark_Steelix.
Next up is a hunt for shiny onix wish me luck!... please???

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Currently Sring for Beldum, and Scyther which has also long been a hunt of mine that never wants to shine. I swear the Game corner hates me, Just about everyone who's hunted Abra has gotten one, but last time I tried I remember making it to somewhere around 7000 abras and squat :/

My game corner shiny Abra appeared on the 10,955th Abra. I remember being annoyed because everyon else seemed to be getting theirs within about 2000...

Good luck with your Scyther.

I keep meaning to SR for a shiny Beldum/other game corner shinies, too. But for some reason since I've got all the shiny legendaries/starters in those games, I just seem to lose interest quickly in those other soft resetable targets and prefer to hunt for random encounter shinies in my 3rd gen games instead.

Hmm, I might have to think of a 3rd gen target I can SR for once I've finished leveling-up my shiny Victreebel (I'm going to finish leveling it up in Mt.Pyre; while searching for more random shinies, of course ^^ ). The SR targets I have left to get in R/S are Beldum, Kecleon and the fossils.

Well, I'd like to catch a random shiny Poochyena/Starly, after seeing all those stupid uncatchable ones while starter hunting (I've already avenged the uncatchable shiny Zigzagoon, with a lovely Jolly natured shiny Ziggy in Ruby)

And I've avenged one of my dream shinies, shiny Suicune; who I first saw in HG on the 12th October 2009 at 6024 SR, but KO'ed it. I got it to reappear on the 27th October at 16,137 SR.

Back on the 31st July 2007 I encountered my first ever completely random encounter shiny, a shiny Carvanha in Sapphire, who I accidentally KO'ed with a critical hit. U_U One day I'll have to hunt for another one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 133172

YAY! hardy abra shined on the 65th reset on the 75th abra in that batch. so... i bought 5395 abras total and the 5387th was shiny. looks like good IVs too, especially in sp A and HP but sp D looks bad, 0-4... sorry about getting a shiny abra Dark_Steelix.

Well done :D

Good luck with that Steelix :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*

There are 3 shinies I wish to avenge, Zigzagoon, Poochyena and Tentacool. The Ziggie and Poochie were uncatchables when I was SRing for the shiny starters and Tentacool would have been the very first shiny I caught in third gen(if I didn't accidentally run away from it).

I've already avenged one shiny, Suicune in SoulSilver ^_^.
~

Well currently I'm hunting for either of the first two I need to avenge. I'm really hoping that I get a shiny Poochyena first, as it is my favorite of the two, but I won't complain if Zigzagoon shines instead.

I've also gotten up to 100 SR's for shiny Sudowoodo in HeartGold. I am going to hope that Sudowoodo and Eevee appear before the release of FFXIII, as I won't be shiny hunting all that much :p.

Congrats to new shinies everyone 8D.

D

Deleted member 133172

Mightyena... It used roar on me at chain of thirty seven >.<

maxelle

Shadow Stalker

Just one. A BLOODY SHINY SEAKING!!!!!!! It was.... It was..... In the... In the....

SAFARI ZONE!!!!!!!!!

Of course every other Seaking just loved me. Except that one. I was talking to my DS trying to get it to stay in the pokeball on Leaf Green. I guess it didn't love me. Sad. I will avenge with Masuda Method once I find someone with wifi and willing to let me get on and use it to get a foreign Ditto.

D

Deleted member 133172

Just one. A BLOODY SHINY SEAKING!!!!!!! It was.... It was..... In the... In the....

SAFARI ZONE!!!!!!!!!

Of course every other Seaking just loved me. Except that one. I was talking to my DS trying to get it to stay in the pokeball on Leaf Green. I guess it didn't love me. Sad. I will avenge with Masuda Method once I find someone with wifi and willing to let me get on and use it to get a foreign Ditto.

I can get you a japanease one :D but I don't have WiFi... Sorry.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
It's all right. I don't have wifi either. I can probably ask a friend if I can use it. That is how I got the johto starters for my D,P,Pt games. I can probably ask him. He wouldn't mind and I haven't seen him in while, outside of school. Thanks. Anyway I was fine with losing Seaking. I normally hate them. I would've just liked him because he was shiny, but you know I could have 5 shinnies now. But...yeah...

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
Well, I just took out Whismur and Tentacool. The only one left is Geodude, but I already chained 6 or 7 shiny Gravelers so I guess I'm completely done avenging :D

I put a hold on SRing for Ho-oh, and I'm SRing for Treecko in Sapphire right now. I hope Poochyena doesn't shine, that'd really be, well, unpleasant for both of us.

Congratulations Helio, I've always liked shiny Seviper. It's good to see people still hunting in the 3rd gen, I think.
Also, has anyone noticed the disappearance of Rumble shinies? Of course they aren't as good as the main game shinies, but they are still shinies, after all.

Good luck, especially ShinyFufu, it's been a long time since you've had a shiny, and you've done well over enough encounters, you should have one by now.

Last edited:

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!

HISSSS. Lol see everyone gets abra. Everyone. Oh and I'm also hunting onix/steelix, cough... it won't shine for me though. congrats on abra -__-

Ehh I realized I have 4499 coins leftover after buying Scyther from the game corner, so I'll put them to use and buy Abras. I can buy 24 abras at a time, weak... annoying that I can't buy 25 instead because of 1 damn coin. Hopefully scyther or abra will shine, though I want scyther more.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
HISSSS. Lol see everyone gets abra. Everyone. Oh and I'm also hunting onix/steelix, cough... it won't shine for me though. congrats on abra -__-

Ehh I realized I have 4499 coins leftover after buying Scyther from the game corner, so I'll put them to use and buy Abras. I can buy 24 abras at a time, weak... annoying that I can't buy 25 instead because of 1 damn coin. Hopefully scyther or abra will shine, though I want scyther more.

I hope I am not being to annoying here. But my latest shiny was an Abra. Now he's a Kadabra and am waiting to trade him to SoulSilver.

LordSemaj

<- Newest Shiny
Thanks for the congrats D_S and extreme floatzl I'm surprised I got a congrats... However, congrats on the seviper Helios and good luck with th onix D_S. I'll race you!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
WOO-HOO!

OK, you guys remember when I said I didn't actually have a dream shiny? Well, I gave it a bit of thought and realized that I've always wanted a shiny Victreebel. So last night, I fired up the Pokeradar and started chaining Weepinbell. Of course, Weepinbell happens to be the rarest ****ing thing on Route 230, and Bellsprout don't appear at night. Needless to say, it ends in disaster. I try again this morning. I actually get a Bellsprout chain, but it breaks at about 20. However, while chaining, I managed to capture a female Bellsprout, just in case. So I throw Bellsprout and my japanese Torterra in the daycare. And I'm all prepared for the long, repetitive hatching process, remembering the long days preceding that shiny Magikarp I hatched last year. Not twenty eggs in, a shiny Bellsprout hatches! Male, Impish, photos will come when they come. In all the excitement, I didn't actually think to take photos, and the guy's already a Victreebel.

Lukef555

† Budding RNGer†
Gonna start hatching Piplups in hopes of a shiny with Mesuda Method wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.