• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Congrats BluUmbreon and DragonKing on the Shiny Cranidos and Shiny Cacnea respectively.

Got to say i'm really liking that shiny Cacnea, i just may have to add that to my list of future hunts.

Welcome to the club, Toastman. Yes we have had many members obtain a shiny through using the masuda method of breeding. I hope that you will be joining those people when you obtain a shiny Feebas.

@gold krickitune, sure you can participate in March Madness, theres no need to ask to participate, all you need to do is say that you are. You'll also need to keep count of any and all shinies you obtain, so we can see who obtains the most shinies in March.

Perhaps we could make this Shiny Heracross hunt a Fatal 4-Way. :p

I'm not specifically hunting for Shiny Heracross, but i am hunting in Pattern Bush anyway, so i figure i should join in this race, just in case i'm lucky enough to find a shiny Heracross.

______

I'm on Day 4 of SRing for shiny Lapras, and am also continuing my random encounter hunt on route 36 for what i hope is either shiny Nidoran(♂/♀(so i can get Nidoqueen)) or Vulpix.

As i mentioned earlier i'm also REing in Pattern Bush.

Good luck everyone, heres to hoping March Madness will have a whole bushel of shinies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I'm definitely up for a shiny Heracross race! I wish you all good luck...but to be honest, I hope that I get mine first! I've been hunting for Heracross for so long...

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Congrats on all the lovely new shinies, guys.

Yay, March Madness is here! ^.^ Let's hope for lots of new shinies this month.

I phoned up the Nintendo service centre about the Aurora Tickets this morning, and so now my games are "booked-in". Apparently they're going to send me some sort of sticker to put on the parcel when I send my games to them.

Last time I just send FR/LG to them (via recorded delivery), marked the envelope "pokemon downloads" (as they'd requested) and a week later they returned my the Aurora Tickets added to them. This time there seems to be more messing around... >_>

Oh, well, long story short, I should be getting three more Aurora Tickets in the near future. I urge everybody here that's from the UK to email Nintendo about it, and give yourself a chance to SR for a shiny Deoxys. n_n

I'm now trying to get an Emerald file with an early shiny frame before I sed my games off to Nintendo. I'm doing 30 SR a file, then restarting.

Good luck guys.

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Oh man Highest regards on your shiny Cacnea DK!! Damn that's one I really hope to get myself one day. Ah the red cactus is so awesome. *Must resist urge to hunt it in order to keep going on endless Onix hunt* yeah no luck on my side with Onix. Hopefully march madness will pass me some luck.

Also condolences on your Grandmother DK :(.

Argh Helio you're making me jealous of you lucky Brits and your SRable Deoxyssss. Heh would any UK person be willing to send in a game for me after I mail it to you? lol I'm crazy sometimes...

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
So you completely ignore the rest of the entire forum and impatiently ask on this club for a link to something that you'll find immediatly after clicking on General Pokemon Discussion? Don't expect us to give you links to things when you "can't be bothered" looking for yourself, not to mention asking again in less than a day after you first asked, when most of us would've been asleep/at school/away during that time. Be patient, and try looking for yourself. :I
Now that's a bit harsh! I did look loads of places for it...I just couldn't find it and didn't for 1 second think of looking at this site...sorry! (And I appreciate people at work and stuff! It's just I knew Helio was from the UK and she posted after me...and she didn't tell me, so I thought that maybe no one will see it...and posted it big! Sorry about that too!) And mega thanks to Kirk on giving me that link! I'm gonna go to the London one on March 13th! (That's where I got my Shaymin too!)

Well,The trecko hunt is up to 61 Soft Resets.I hope that shiny Trecko comes out soon.Congrats on all the recent shiny shiny`s and wish me luck.
I agree with Lonestar! You can't expect your Treecko to shine at ONLY 61 SR's! Dude you need to wait 100 times that before you even consider a shiny appearing! I'm not expecting my Charmander to shine any time soon! And I'm not moaning, you just need motivation and patience! Good Luck with Treecko!

Congrats Matty on that Pidgey! Very nice shiny, and DK on the Cacnea! That shiny WAS destined for you to make you feel better! Really sorry about your nan...
Good Luck people!

Toastman

Toasty Trainer
How do you guys freaking do it? I've gone through about 40 eggs looking for a shiny and I'm pretty bored. There is no way I will make it to 1180 eggs.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I have nothing all that new to add. But I was in a picture taking mood, so behold...

Wbmp0001.jpg

The shiny Shinou starter trio group-shot. Aren't they cute? n__n

(and yes, that was the best pic I could get. It took me ages to get them all in the same place, and to stay there... @_@ )

How do you guys freaking do it? I've gone through about 40 eggs looking for a shiny and I'm pretty bored. There is no way I will make it to 1180 eggs.

Egg hatching, much like other shiny hunting methods, is all about luck and patience. Sometimes they'll appear quickly, sometimes they'll take an age (for example, with that shiny starter trio: Piplup took 83 eggs, Chimchar took 1180 eggs, and Turtwig took 3221 eggs) You'll hatch your shiny eventually. Good luck. ^^

Now that's a bit harsh! I did look loads of places for it...I just couldn't find it and didn't for 1 second think of looking at this site...sorry! (And I appreciate people at work and stuff! It's just I knew Helio was from the UK and she posted after me...and she didn't tell me, so I thought that maybe no one will see it...and posted it big! Sorry about that too!) And mega thanks to Kirk on giving me that link! I'm gonna go to the London one on March 13th! (That's where I got my Shaymin too!)

Well, to be fair, I didn't notice your first post, and only noticed when you posted in the big text. I do find it odd that you could find the forum without finding the main Serebii site. How did you do that? o_O lol ^^;

Last edited:

*Murkrow

Bird trainer

There's every chance you'll need to hatch more than that.

I think I need to tone down the hatching a little. I had a (very) short dream last night where I logged onto this club and was getting more and more irritated off because everybody was posting hatched shinies within a few eggs. ¬_¬ I only usually dream about things that have been happening a lot (hence why they usually involve work), so, er, yeah. Might have to do something about that.

Anyway, 1620 Piplup hatched. Whooo. Actually haven't hatched much in the past couple of days as I've been reading.

Congrats on new shinies, welcome to new members and good luck on the hunts! :)

Aesir22

Finally!!! a new shiny...
I was walking around to start a chain for Mr. Mime because I need a Calm one...(still dont have a calm one, even with a calm sync)..So I found a Mr.Mime to start a chain, but this one was green!. A shiny Ms Mime. :D

Mr.Mime, lvl29, female, Gentle, Filter

Pictures:
IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

Not that spectacular, but a shiny is a shiny:D

Congrats on al the other shinies...and good luck with the hunting!

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
I'm in March Madness for sure. :3

As many shinies as possible. Does that include chained and hatched shinies as well? No way am I gonna chain to the end of the world, but I've picked up my Carnivine hatching again on Platinum, and it'd be sweet if he was counted if he hatched shiny. : D

I hatched over a box lastnight. They're tricky things to hatch, those. :x I usually hatch five, then deposit, then pick up five more and repeat. Lastnight I'd hatch two, deposit them, pick up two more and repeat until a box was filled. Is there any methods that people find easier? I like to deposit them so I can keep count when a tally isn't an option.

I might do some encounters in Route 47. I definitely jumped in too quick and now I've lost motivation. xD

Congrats on the random shiny Mr. Mime and Cacnea, too! As much as never used to like Mr. Mime, their shiny colour is really pretty, and Cacnea is just awesome wether he's shiny or not. : D

Purpleturtle

Shiny hunter
Congrats on Mr. Mime Aesir22! I never really congratulate people so I should more. Congrats on Cranidos(you were really lucky with the nature too), Cacnea, Pidgey, Darkrai, Wooper (really love that shiny!),and Torchic! I know I'm forgetting someone, sorry whoever it is.

As for me I keep changing between my current eggs via Masuda Method
I'm at about 50 for Clamperl, 40 for Lotad and 60 for Abra. I really want to do RE's but I'm not sure what to look for also I have a question:
How come everytime I go into a place such as Eterna Forest, where double battles are supposed to take place I can only have single battles with wild Pokemon? Same goes for all the other ones...

BluUmbreon, it's so ironic how you basically called out the nature of your shiny Cranidos...and it hatched shortly after your post, too! Talk about a coincidence. o__O

Tell me about it! only 4 hours after I said I wanted a Jolly, there it is! Wouldnt wanted it to happen any other way. Good, quick, nice natured shiny.

Im definately in for March Madness, Ill have to play through all my GBA games, since I hate doing random encounters on my DS games, it feels a lot slower. I hope to see my first March shiny before HGSS comes out( Ill be doing nothing but play through them and wont get any hunts done)

Bye

P.S. Ive decided to name the Cranidos "Obelisk"

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Congrats Aesir22 on the shiny Mr.Mime.

@LSA i don't think we count chained shinies towards any of the contests we run in this club, so its strictly RE/SR/hatched(regular/masuda) unless otherwise stated. Oh and of course Emerald is prohibited due to the obvious reasons.

@Purpleturtle, the double battles are one time only, once you help that person reach where they need to go, then thats its, no more double battles.

tharjaandme

Trash Mainer
I fresh-snow alberto hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

My sig pretty much explains what's going on with me. Hmmm I should probably update it.

Toastman

Toasty Trainer
So how exactly does Soft Resetting work with the Masuda Method? Just wait until the egg(s) are close to hatching, save, then proceed to soft reset until you've got a shiny?

And I forgot to mention this in my first post. I actually haven't gotten a shiny of my own. Unless you count that Red Gyarados back in generation 2. Somebody did trade me a shiny Luxary, but I haven't gotten my own yet. Hopefully this Feebas will be my first.

Oh, another question. Since I'm trying to get a shiny Feebas, and by extension a shiny Mylotic, what berries should I use to evolve Feebas? I've only got one shot at this after all.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
LSA, for counting eggs, I use the record-keeping machine at the Jubilife TV station. As long as you hatch nothing but the particular Pokemon you're going for, it should be pretty easy to keep track of your eggs.

And no, Radar shinies won't count for March Madness. I don't even want to think about how many people would abuse it...not to mention, people could easily fake their Radar shinies as random encounter shinies.

Congrats on the new shinies.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
So how exactly does Soft Resetting work with the Masuda Method? Just wait until the egg(s) are close to hatching, save, then proceed to soft reset until you've got a shiny?
The Pokemon's shininess is determined when the egg is actually created (so when the old man faces out), but the IVs are determined when you recieve the egg. If you're patient as heck, save before you recieve the egg, and hatch it. If it's not shiny, save and try for the next egg. If it is shiny, you can reset and keep trying for better IVs. Honestly, it's a waste of time. You're better off just recieving eggs and hatching them as normal.

Oh, another question. Since I'm trying to get a shiny Feebas, and by extension a shiny Mylotic, what berries should I use to evolve Feebas? I've only got one shot at this after all.
I'm pretty sure Bulbapedia has some really good pages with the berries. Usually it's the berries that are further down on the list that give a better effect. If you're too unsure, just save before giving the Feebas any poffins, and if they don't max him out, then just reset and try with other poffins.

I've definitely picked up my Carnivine hatching again. I've hatched two more boxes-worth, and once I've finished this box, I'll be at a grand total of 420. That gives me three hunts now. : D

Status
Not open for further replies.