• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerbia

Shiny Enthusiast
Last night I caught my 2nd shiny. After 4 days of SRing, guessing around 4,000 SR, I caught the sought after shiny lugia =D I caught it with the one and only dusk ball that I threw. Man was I happy to see it after all the time it had taken. Good luck guys =)

LegitEagle

Scizor Trainer
Welcome back. c:

The Masuda Method hatching is most definitely proven, many many times by our members and by people outside of this site. All you need is two Pokemon from two different nationalities. Safest bet is to get one Japanese parent and one English parent, and you're set. The chance of hatching a shiny with this method is 1/2048.

Ah, with the shiny frame, you're probably looking at Emerald's broken RNG. I'm aware of it enough to understand how it works, but I'm not all too good at explaining it. o:

1490 SRs towards Groudon on SoulSilver as I'm typing. I wouldn't be surprised if I reached close to 2000 by the end of the day. It's so addictive! My Ruby cartridge should arrive any day now, and when it does I'll be moving as fast as I can to reach Groudon so I can dual-SR. And after that, I'll FINALLY be able to SR a shiny Rayquaza!! >:C Silly internal battery dying on my Sapphire cartridge has made me have to wait for even longer!

I also can't find my Pearl cartridge... I could SR a shiny Palkia now if I really wanted to, but I'm so busy filling my Pokedex and doing other stuff on my Platinum, I don't want to stop potentially for months to SR him. :c

And I dunno if anyone else has noticed, but my god do people complain about having bad luck on the regular shiny discussion threads! No luck when they've only been SRing for 4 days? It'd be a different story if they'd done like, several thousand SRs in 4 days, but a casual SRer would usually only get around 100-600 SRs done in one day. >:I People need to be more patient.

Thanks for the answer. Getting another nationality pokemon seems too much effort, i think i'm gonna stick with my pokeradar chaining failures. :p

Froggy_00

Ya this SRing is really bugging me >_< I have no patience for this at all. I can chain and be patient for that, but this is going to drive me insane. But I am determined to get shiny Ho-Oh. So I gave up on Zapdos and now I'm all for Ho-Oh. Once I get one SR shiny I'll be content. My goal is to get it before Easter, which is in a couple weeks.

Good luck with all the shiny hunts everyone :)

Last edited:

Xerbia

Shiny Enthusiast
I Xerbia hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. I would like to join because i have a passion for hunting and obtaining shinies. I would to become a frequent poster here and talk about my processes for obtaining the shinies i want.

My current shinies-

Red Gyrados- don't know if you guys count this one
Shiny Buneary- First shiny, random encounter
Shiny Lugia- Around 4,000 SR

squirtle_123

After a month of breeding I finally got my shiny Scyther (3491 eggs). I'll add pics but i'm wondering how you can get the pictures so you can actually see what is on the screen. Any help would be appreciated.

pieman556

1525 Eggs!!
Welcome back. c:

The Masuda Method hatching is most definitely proven, many many times by our members and by people outside of this site. All you need is two Pokemon from two different nationalities. Safest bet is to get one Japanese parent and one English parent, and you're set. The chance of hatching a shiny with this method is 1/2048.

Ah, with the shiny frame, you're probably looking at Emerald's broken RNG. I'm aware of it enough to understand how it works, but I'm not all too good at explaining it. o:

1490 SRs towards Groudon on SoulSilver as I'm typing. I wouldn't be surprised if I reached close to 2000 by the end of the day. It's so addictive! My Ruby cartridge should arrive any day now, and when it does I'll be moving as fast as I can to reach Groudon so I can dual-SR. And after that, I'll FINALLY be able to SR a shiny Rayquaza!! >:C Silly internal battery dying on my Sapphire cartridge has made me have to wait for even longer!

I also can't find my Pearl cartridge... I could SR a shiny Palkia now if I really wanted to, but I'm so busy filling my Pokedex and doing other stuff on my Platinum, I don't want to stop potentially for months to SR him. :c

And I dunno if anyone else has noticed, but my god do people complain about having bad luck on the regular shiny discussion threads! No luck when they've only been SRing for 4 days? It'd be a different story if they'd done like, several thousand SRs in 4 days, but a casual SRer would usually only get around 100-600 SRs done in one day. >:I People need to be more patient.

I totally agree, with the complaining thing! The people who complain all the time, when they haven't done much work obviously haven't shiny hunted that much. Getting a shiny takes time especially a SRed one!

Anyway, the end of March is nearing, and me without a shingle March Madness shiny is......depressing....haha, but I WILL get at least one March Madness shiny, since everyone else is doing so great, and it will be on HeartGold. And in no particular order, I've devised a list of of shinies I want to get in HeartGold

-SR for ekans at gamecorner
-Continue Masuda Method Eevee hunt, this time with egg moves
-SR for Ho-oh
-random encounter in Bell Tower (either day or night, I dont really care)
-Masuda Method for a shiny Miltank (after Eevee)
-SR for shiny Latios

Well, there you have it! haha good luck to everyone!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Welcome to the club Xerbia, i'm glad that you remebered the second time around to post the pledge.

@Froggy, please delete one of your posts. I can tell that its not an accidental double post, as you've posted the first message in bold and in a different color, then realized it doesn't show up clearly, and posted the same message again, but normally.

Remember guys/gals if you make a double post, make sure to delete it as soon as possible, otherwise you risk receiving a strike.

EDIT: No new shinies, but just adding that i somehow got Pokerus. Strange really, as it was on my Gengar, and the only attack i've had my Gengar use is Shadow Ball. I always thought that Pokerus could only be caught through physical contact with a pokemon that had it, but it would appear i was wrong.

Last edited:

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
All right call it.
Time of Death: 0800 hours.
Patient Name: Dark_Steelix
Cause of Death: Failure to resuscitate Luck after major loss of all function.

There was nothing we could do. Patient was immune to all external stimuli. Onixtrol did nothing but remain dull. Patient's Gold Heart transplant was rejected as well. Subject's Luck has reached its end.

-Is it viable to use Max Revive?
-In theory, yes. We could administer it and see how the body reacts to it. Though its a long shot.
-Truthfully Sir, what are its chances?
- I'm afraid one in 8192, but several other patients have had vast success even with this small percentage; Subjects 'Storm_Dragoon', 'Heliotrope', 'Narutopokedude' and some others have had miraculous recoveries. Subject 'ShinyFufu' in particular has shown incredible regeneration.
- Then there's only one thing we can do now.
-What's that?
- We pray.

Froggy_00

Welcome to the club Xerbia, i'm glad that you remebered the second time around to post the pledge.

@Froggy, please delete one of your posts. I can tell that its not an accidental double post, as you've posted the first message in bold and in a different color, then realized it doesn't show up clearly, and posted the same message again, but normally.

Remember guys/gals if you make a double post, make sure to delete it as soon as possible, otherwise you risk receiving a strike.

EDIT: No new shinies, but just adding that i somehow got Pokerus. Strange really, as it was on my Gengar, and the only attack i've had my Gengar use is Shadow Ball. I always thought that Pokerus could only be caught through physical contact with a pokemon that had it, but it would appear i was wrong.

Gah, sorry for that. Honestly, it was an accident. My computer downstairs runs serebii forums EXTREMELY slowly. When I went to edit my green letters, it somehow made a new post with the stuff I edited out -_-; Now that I'm on the upstairs computer, it's much better, so I'll delete it right away.

Anyways, I'm at 200 SRs for Ho-oh up to now. Hopefully I'll get to about 500+ by tonight. Or maybe a shiny in the next few would be better... :p

Maartje

<-Miss Latias, shine
Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with school again.

The Mew doesn't come in an egg, its just the Pokemon itself. The only part that involves an egg, is that its an egg you need to trade to her, for the Mew.

There is no way to SR for it either, so if you did want a shiny one(if its even possible, i've never seen anything official that says it is) you would need to restart ranch whenever Mew wasn't shiny.

The only way to restart ranch, is to wipe the save file(not the game file)from the Wii's Hard Drive, and start a new game.

Really? Bummer. But at least it's a mew^^

I'm currently chaining a scyther. Already got a chain of 20 c: What's the chance when your at 20/30/40? 1/????

Hello guys. I have postponed my shiny ekans egg hatching for a while. i am now playing sapphire so i can get to the point where i can SR for kyogre. wish me luck!

Last edited:

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
All right call it.
Time of Death: 0800 hours.
Patient Name: Dark_Steelix
Cause of Death: Failure to resuscitate Luck after major loss of all function.

There was nothing we could do. Patient was immune to all external stimuli. Onixtrol did nothing but remain dull. Patient's Gold Heart transplant was rejected as well. Subject's Luck has reached its end.

-Is it viable to use Max Revive?
-In theory, yes. We could administer it and see how the body reacts to it. Though its a long shot.
-Truthfully Sir, what are its chances?
- I'm afraid one in 8192, but several other patients have had vast success even with this small percentage; Subjects 'Storm_Dragoon', 'Heliotrope', 'Narutopokedude' and some others have had miraculous recoveries. Subject 'ShinyFufu' in particular has shown incredible regeneration.
- Then there's only one thing we can do now.
-What's that?
- We pray.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a starter soon. You just can't expect it, because then it won't come. But you don't need me to tell you this, you've been shiny hunting for longer than I have have. I know you can do it.

Also, I just thought I'd throw in that totodile was my first shiny since July, so it was well deserved. ^^

Lucas666

Dragon Trainer
Haven't been active for a long time. So, since I got both HG and SS, I decided to SR for Entei and Raikou before I accidentally encounter them after about 4 hours of progress. I started at 7 (it's 7:09) and have done 4 SRs so far.

Congrats on all the recent shinies, and good luck The_Shiny_Hunter! :p

Last edited:

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
Well after many years and 8 shinies, my Sapphire version's internal battery finally died. So does it work like Emerald now, shiny-wise?

I'm going to buy LeafGreen to SR for a shiny, I'm not going to tell anybody what it is. As much as I hate Kanto, I should really have LeafGreen. It'll also give me a chance for another RE or just different Pokemon in general, like Weedle's line and stuff.

I love your post Dark_Steelix, haha. I'm in the same place though. Everybody's getting shinies and I haven't had one this month. So much for March Madness. Although my real problem is that I need to move my Tentacool to my English HG so I can restart my Japanese HG for another starter. Good luck everybody, feel free to spread some luck my way.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
I loved that post Dark_Steelix.

*shiver* 2 days... can't wait... must... SR... starters...
This brings me to a couple of topics.

Who doesn't want to wait any longer for HG/SS?
Well, the words above this explains it all.

Apart from Ho-oh/Lugia/Gyarados/starters, which pokemon do you want to shine?
Steelix or Pupitar, though the encounter rates are a bummer(Pupitar is at 5%). I wonder if the ES Dratini can be shiny...

Aesir22

Its been a while since I posted..but still no new shinies for me.
Except 3 pcp..but most people have those.
Still have to wait a couple of days till HG/SS are released in the Netherlands. Then Im also going to SR for a shiny starter (please let it be chiko)..

Congrats on all shinies (hatched, RE, SR, Rumble..all of them;))

and good luck with all the hunts

Last edited:

Lucas666

Dragon Trainer

HAHA! It's already out here in Canada! (it's cause Canadians are awesome)

na, I feel sorry for you guys (the kind of haha, I can't believe you don't have it type sorry)

Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza. But eventually I wil restart one of my games to SR for all the SRable Pokémon. And when get my National Dex in HG, I will be putting all of my current Shinies on it that way I can restart my Platinum. And when I do that, it will be so much faster to get to the GTS that in HG or SS. (since I only have one DS... at the moment)

Are you excited for the 3DS?

Completely, I wonder if without the glasses, the 3D will be the same kind of 3D that you see at the theaters? I hope so.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio

I can't complain about having to wait, since i've had the games(JP Versions) since September last year. I do wish this week would go a little faster though. :p

Something rare like Jynx or Volbeat/Illumise, but i'll gladly settle for anything that decides to shine for me

No not really. I just can't see it working unless its on 5"-7" screens, and lets face it, thats not a handheld, thats a Netbook/Tablet PC.

As for "popping off the screen" moments, well i'd advise anyone who might be interested to see how they'll do this without utilizing glasses, to search for

"Autostereoscopy"

This will give you an insight into how such a system might work.

Also you need to ask yourself, whats the maximum your going to spend on a handheld conole. I can almost guarantee that the 3DS will cost in excess of $200, maybe touching $230.

Just look at the DSi XL. That retails at $190, and only has 4.2" screens. If the 3DS keeps this size screen(highly unlikely, i reckon at least a 35% increase in screen size to make 3D viable). Then you have to factor in that its going to use dearer components, be backwards compatible and almost certain to have a higher amount of built-in memory. This thing is going to be a beast.

That said, if anyone wants to be able to play future generations of Pokemon Games(5th Gen not included), looks like we might have to shell out for this new console. Upside, at least if we like the 3DS that much we can all trade in our DSPhat/DSlite/DSi's to get some sort of discount.

Last edited:

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
[Participation in Club's Discussions down 80%]
Activating Reponse mechanisms...

Topic(s) I should've adressed in prior communication.
What is your favourite way of finding a shiny, and why?

Soft Resetting a pokemon you must catch. The thrill of successfully catching a legendary in anything other than a master ball produces a great surgence of accomplishment. Close second is randomly encountering a shiny. Unexpected even when you are purposely running around in an area.

Least favourite: ANY method that devalues shinies. 1/200, 1/2000... legitimate or exploitable glitch, all are meaningless. 1/8192 or 8/65536 are the only odds that matter. Shinies are meant to be rare. 1/8192 is rare, just slightly above 0.0001% chance. Masuda hatching, pity from a designer for those with Ill Fate. Pokeradar...cursed device of abuse. Never going to hunt using said methods. Pointless. All my precious must be 1/8192...1/8192....on legitimate hard copy. My choice. My obsession.

New Topics:

Sudowoodo. Cursed Emerald obliterated hope of Sring for a 1/8192.

As long as its not another Virtual Boy disaster. Would Depend on launch games and price, as well as overall presentation of system. Instant purchase regardless, if they release any Earthbound or main Pokemon games on it.

[End Communication]
[Continue program: Endless Starter Hunt]

Status
Not open for further replies.