• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maartje

<-Miss Latias, shine
Your welcome :)

And I don't really understand your question. The way I comprehend it is that your asking whether it's good/bad to keep switching between shiny hunts. So for example, if your going for shiny Shinx, you get bored and decide to go for shiny Bidoof for a bit. That depends per person. Personally I'm like this. When I'm chaining, if my chain breaks I will usually chain different pokemon. But that's cause I get bored REALLY easily :p You should just do whatever "method" you want. As long as you get a shiny, it's all that counts :D

EDIT: Oh yes, and I am currently at 724 resets for shiny Ho-oh. I can't wait to finally see that golden bird scroll across the screen :D

Well, that was the answer I was hoping for :D I always get bored fast xD
Good luck on Shiny Ho-Oh! I still need to wait 2 days for SoulSilver.

When I tried chaining beldum, I couldn't really chain well because I was tired (it was 23:00 pm) so I set the time to 00:01 so I could chain again today. Gonna try after I've packed my books c:

Apart from Ho-oh/Lugia/Gyarados/starters, which pokemon do you want to shine?

Vulpix. I really love Shiny Ninetales^^

Are you excited for the 3DS?

Not really. Yes, it would be nice to see Pokémon in 3D, but all the other things... Nah.

Hoping for that Beldum to shine soon^^

LegitEagle

Scizor Trainer
Thanks for the answer. Getting another nationality pokemon seems too much effort, i think i'm gonna stick with my pokeradar chaining failures. :p

Lol i forgot about ditto. So here's another question, can i do the masjuda method with a different nationality ditto? If so then i think it'll be better than chaining as i'll have control over the moves and nature. Another one too, is there a way to do chaining in pokemon SoulSilver? just for curiosity.

Lucas666

Dragon Trainer
Lol i forgot about ditto. So here's another question, can i do the masjuda method with a different nationality ditto? If so then i think it'll be better than chaining as i'll have control over the moves and nature. Another one too, is there a way to do chaining in pokemon SoulSilver? just for curiosity.

Yes, the Masuda Method can be done with a different nationality Ditto. And, to my knowledge (and apparently to Serebii's), there is no way of chaining Pokémon in either HeartGold or SoulSilver. And I am glad about that. I was never good at it anyways.

Dragonking

Hm Legendary Dogs, Sudowoodo, Onix, Mewtwo. At least that much, if my Masuda Method doesn't work with a few hunts. It's been a week since HG/SS came to me, no shiny starters yet.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Sorry I haven't been updating that often. I'm (still) going through a really rough patch outside of the interwebs, not to mention mum's computer is mighty slow, so it's hard to even browse the internet.

I've reached 3565 Soft Resets for Groudon on SoulSilver. It's my second-longest SR hunt, and it'll probably be longer than my Cyndaquil hunt (which was 4024 SRs), but I'm feeling quite patient with this guy. It'd be fantastic if he shone soon, but I don't mind waiting as long as it doesn't pass 10,000. x__x

I'm thinking about taking up a Surf hunt in Whirl Islands to get a shiny Horsea. Shiny Kingdra is one of my dream shinies and I've been wanting to hunt for one for a very long time. Oddly enough, I also really want to hunt a 1/8192 shiny Psyduck or Slowpoke.

Irrelevant or not, this is a shiny club, and I drew my shiny Chikorita lastnight while SRing, so I might as well share it. ^^;
Sorry it's blurry; I took the photo late at night.

Last edited:

ShinyCollector

He has appeared...
Hello everyone, I have not posted since Sunday, got caught into other stuff hahaha.

Hmmm. I've been thinking about this question, Groudon and Mewtwo for sure, but i would also like the three original legendary birds and the Extreme Speed Dratini to shine aswell. Apart from SRing, i would like to try and either Masuda Method a Skorupi, Yanma, or Relicanth. In terms of a RE shiny i would go for either Tangela or Onix. I know those are a lot of shinies, so I would probably have to narrow down the list eventually :D

Good Luck On Your Hunts!

Froggy_00

Sorry I haven't been updating that often. I'm (still) going through a really rough patch outside of the interwebs, not to mention mum's computer is mighty slow, so it's hard to even browse the internet.

I've reached 3565 Soft Resets for Groudon on SoulSilver. It's my second-longest SR hunt, and it'll probably be longer than my Cyndaquil hunt (which was 4024 SRs), but I'm feeling quite patient with this guy. It'd be fantastic if he shone soon, but I don't mind waiting as long as it doesn't pass 10,000. x__x

I'm thinking about taking up a Surf hunt in Whirl Islands to get a shiny Horsea. Shiny Kingdra is one of my dream shinies and I've been wanting to hunt for one for a very long time. Oddly enough, I also really want to hunt a 1/8192 shiny Psyduck or Slowpoke.

Irrelevant or not, this is a shiny club, and I drew my shiny Chikorita lastnight while SRing, so I might as well share it. ^^;
Sorry it's blurry; I took the photo late at night.

Good luck with Groudon :) And same with my Ho-oh, as long as I get it before 10,000 SRs, I'll be happy. But I would really love to see it now :p

And that Chikorita drawing is fantastic. Looks awesome, good job.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^

Yeah, the Ditto doesn't have to be Japanese; just as long as it's a different nationality to the Pokemon you're breeding it with (to be honest I've only ever bred Japanese/English Pokemon - but I assume other nationalities work too).

And just so you know, the everstone doesn't work if you're breeding two Pokemon of different nationalities, so you can't pass on the female's nature. You just have to hope you get a good nature.

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I've gone into one of my depressed moods lately, and I can't seem to snap out of it. Hopefully getting Soul Silver on friday will cheer me up a bit (though I probably won't cheer up until after my doctors apointment next week...) U_U

Not that I've had any shiny news to post... I'm still hunting away for my tagets. Currently at 3220 SR for shiny Cresselia, 4300 encounters in route 36, and have hatched 1354 Riolu eggs.

That's a nice shiny Chikorita drawing, LSA. I should try drawing some shiny Pokemon, too.

Good luck everybody. Congrats on new shinies.

Last edited:

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA

I really like hatching eggs, (And coincedentally my favorite manga character is Gold) so I plan on getting the Muddy Water Horsea from the Pokewalker and get a shiny Muddy Water Horsea from an egg.

I really like shiny Kingdra. :D

Ammako

I've got the Shiny Pichu waiting for me at the Pokémart.
I'm gonna wait until my birthday to receive it. That way, it'll have my birth date on it.

Since I alerady have the shiny Pichu from Gamestop, I'm gonna train this one and leave the Gamestop one untouched.
I usually don't train my events, but this one is an exception. :)

LegitEagle

Scizor Trainer
Yes, the Masuda Method can be done with a different nationality Ditto. And, to my knowledge (and apparently to Serebii's), there is no way of chaining Pokémon in either HeartGold or SoulSilver. And I am glad about that. I was never good at it anyways.
Great, i wasnt good with chaining either but hatching eggs sounds tough too, at least i know he will hatch a shiny someday.

Yeah, the Ditto doesn't have to be Japanese; just as long as it's a different nationality to the Pokemon you're breeding it with (to be honest I've only ever bred Japanese/English Pokemon - but I assume other nationalities work too).

And just so you know, the everstone doesn't work if you're breeding two Pokemon of different nationalities, so you can't pass on the female's nature. You just have to hope you get a good nature.
I can still give a good moveset, beats the crap out of nature.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Got SS today! Decided not to SR for a starter, just gonna play through the game. I WILL be SRing for Lugia though. Talk about a nostalgia rush...

Good luck to anyone who is shiny hunting though. And congrats to all successful catches!
Very nice pic LSA. Beats the snot out of my pics anyday.

Maartje

<-Miss Latias, shine
Hello^^

Not really have done anything, just came back from school. Gonna try for Beldum again. I must have a shiny before I get SS (one day! =D)

Very nice picture LoneStarAkira! :O I really like the colours^^

Good Luck everyone on getting a shiny^^

JaimeGreenan

I JaimeGreenan hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them!
I wish to join because I want to see how other people get their shinies and how long it takes.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
I can still give a good moveset, beats the crap out of nature.
LOL...sorry but you have NO idea how wrong you are! Natures in pokemon are everything! (as well as EV training) I dosn't matter what moveset you have...I'm telling you, If I faced you with a perfect natured EV trained pokemon, I'd beat the crap out of you! Just wanted you to know this...don't think I'm being harsh, but if you like battling you have a lot to learn! Nice pic Lonestar! You are an amazing artist! Good Luck guys! P.S HG/SS out tommarow!
EDIT: Oh sorry! Welcome to the club JaimeGreenan! Do you have any shinies yourself? We'd love to hear!

Last edited:

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Guess who came home to a package today? :) I now have a lovely copy of SS sat on my bedside cabinet with the Lugia figure on top of it. *Pets it* HG should be arriving tomorrow.

I got in four hours resetting Wednesday, putting me at approximately 6720 SR's or 13,440 encounters. Doing my usual two hours a night SR's now, hoping, but not really expecting anything. It'll come eventually.

Poke-Glitch said:
LOL...sorry but you have NO idea how wrong you are! Natures in pokemon are everything! (as well as EV training) I dosn't matter what moveset you have...I'm telling you, If I faced you with a perfect natured EV trained pokemon, I'd beat the crap out of you!

Natures are important competitive-wise, yes, but you're really, really exaggerating there. -_-

Maartje

<-Miss Latias, shine
Welcome JaimeGreenan! I hope you'll get comfortable in here^^
By the way, for looking at how long it takes, don't look at me, I'm bored pretty soon so I switch targets often ;)

I don't know Froggy, let me find that out for you....

*searches*

From Bulbagarden:
"Shiny sprites for Spiky-Eared Pichu exist in the coding of the games, although it remains unknown if this special Pichu has the 1 in 8192 chance of being shiny like all other Pokémon encountered in the wild. It is highly likely that the data was only included, as in the case of ???-type Arceus, to prevent the game from crashing if someone was to hack the game, or by default due to every other form difference having both normal and shiny forms despite availability of these Pokémon as shiny. "
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spiky-Eared_Pichu

^Everything I could find. Is this enough?

Oh, and it's nearly impossible to chain shiny beldum. I can't really see the patches with that sandstorm. Now I'm encountering gastly. At 40^^

^I have to wait till tomorrow!!! AND GRR AT GAME! I went out of my way to find out if they had the figures and then i found out that they did. Now i checked on the site and it did NOT at the time specify that you had to pre order via online so did at the store. Now my good friend at Gamestation told me they are short of figures (19 figures to 23 orders) so i went to game to see if they had enough figures and they don't have any at all!! Any mention of figures must be for online orders only >=( I am really ticked off as they were not clear enough, i thoroughly checked that site. Now nothing at all for figures comes up.

ANYWAY aside from my rant i have one new shiny to report, a shiny Spoink that i traded one of my shiny Cubones for. It's from my fiance and he chained it but i found the patches for him =P It's also the best natured one he had, a modest one. With a 31 iv in attack haha! It's the opposite to my 31 SpAtk adamant nature shiny beldum :p

I'm glad i have a shiny Spoink as on an online pokemon game thing i found one =P I played it before i got Diamond and it has since dissapeared.

I apologize for the lack of pictures but my camera is really annoying and also i've had rather alot on my plate atm. In a week i am off college for two weeks so lots of time to play SS figure or no figure.

To sort of compensate for the lack of figure i got some window display stuff from Gamestation =P Including a Lugia window vinyl that would be in the bin if i hadn't come in. The other thing i got was a cardboard display for the bottom of the window with lots of second gen pokes on it.

Natures in pokemon are everything! (as well as EV training)

Not everyone ev trains so it's not the most important thing to everyone. So having a good moveset over a non ev trained poke but with a good nature could still be more effective. And it is possible to have a bad moveset on a perfect nature ev trained pokemon. Just my opinion on that one. That's all i am going to say on it.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! xD Still waitng for my squirtle and kyogre but then i've not done much since last time i posted.

Aesir22

Still no new shinies for me. Tomorrow SS will arrive and I can start playing:D HG is delayed..but wanted to make SS my main game. Transfer all Platinum pokemon and items to SS in the next weeks and use HG as a shiny SR game;)..

Today I cleared the Ranger2 missions for the riolu, darkrai and manaphy. Can the Riolu or Darkrai be shiny? or are they preset to be non shiny?

currently chaining bidoof in Platinum..Got the chain at 28 now, no shiny yet..

Good luck with all the hunts and congrats on the shinies!

Status
Not open for further replies.