• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesir22

Congrats on all the shnies (really like the ho-oh) and good luck with all the hunts.

Havent played any pokemon game for a week now, so no new shinies. Started SS again today. Hoping for a new shiny today.

Didnt know if anyone had answered my question a while back. Maybe I overlooked the answer, but can the Ranger2 Riolu or Darkrai be shiny? or are they preset to be non shiny?

Maartje

<-Miss Latias, shine
Great idea Time_2_shine! It would look super cool =D

And huge congrats on the Shiny Ho-Oh, S_D! you're very lucky :O

What defines a Shiny Hunter?

For me, a shiny hunter is a person who loves shiny pokemon, and try to get one by chaining/breeding/SR'ing/random encountering. They spend a lot of time getting one, but do some things while trying for a shiny, like doing the bug catch contest.

Cell

Infernal Informality
I was going to soft reset for a shiny starter, but I really wanted to play the game and chose a cyndaquil, might breed for a shiny later.

Heh, I didn't get a shiny yet BUT a wild paras I've caught had pokerus, didn't expect it and I'm still quite surprised.

res13sep

Dragon Trainer
Yay, I'm in! x3
Right now I'm SR'ing for a shiny Ho-Oh, I'm only on like my 10th one (o_o I hope I get lucky like Storm_Dragoon, haha). Getting out my emerald to go try for a Treecko at the same time.

jssr903

Wow, ANOTHER? Congats on it, S_D!!! That Ho-Oh looks AWESOME!
Pass me some luck! I've been soft-resetting nonstop since I got SoulSilver, but no shiny. :( I SR for at least 3 hours yesterday, on the way low side. I think I did more like 5ish.
Today, I have been since about 4:30. I woke up early. But still no show! :(

Also, @Helio, why don't you trade your 'extra' shinys instead of SRing over them? Couldn't you get some awesome other pokemon for them? And then restart your game?

MattyXB

Congratulation on all Starters and the Ho-Oh.
I have no luck with my HG game. 3000 SRs and still no Shiny Starter.

But again on rumble a new Shiny appears. Shiny Pidgeot.
And the pictures ffrom Shiny Seaking is here too.
WPS_0443GolkingNormalS.jpg

WPS_0447TaubossNormalS.jpg

I have make myself a Shiny Animated Banner. I used kirkeastment Banner and edited it with my own Shiny's inside with pictures from Serebii. I hope this is no problem. If it is, then I will delete it.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Also, @Helio, why don't you trade your 'extra' shinys instead of SRing over them? Couldn't you get some awesome other pokemon for them? And then restart your game?

Yeah, I know I probably should do that. But I honestly couldn't be bothered spending the time trading shinies over when I could just keep SR'ing. ^^;

Currently at 4650 SR. 582 soft resets since shiny Chikorita number three appeared. I've finally found a file with an ID number that I like (00100) so I'm going to stick with it for now.

Shine Cyndaquil, shine!

Good luck guys.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Yeah, I know I probably should do that. But I honestly couldn't be bothered spending the time trading shinies over when I could just keep SR'ing. ^^;

Currently at 4650 SR. 582 soft resets since shiny Chikorita number three appeared. I've finally found a file with an ID number that I like (00100) so I'm going to stick with it for now.

Shine Cyndaquil, shine!

Good luck guys.

*Pokes Helio with naughty stick for SRing over a shiny* :p

I'm still SRing for a shiny starter on my UK SoulSilver, i must be at around 1500SR's at the moment(I've been EV training quite a bit, hence the low number of SR's).

I've got my hopes set on a Shiny Cyndaquil/Chikorita as i really want to start my play through of SoulSilver, and if another Shiny Totodile was to show up, then yet again i would have to trade it over to my JP SoulSilver and restart the game.

I've been spending quite a bit of time EV training my Shiny Croconaw the past few days. I just need to finish the attack EV's, but that involves waiting until night time so that i can faint Spinarak and Bellsprout.

I'm also looking at which other pokemon i can EV train for team use.

I know that i'm going to get a Pikachu from the pokewalker(with either Surf or Fly), and EV train it against Unown. The third pokemon will be Onix(Steelix).

So I'm just checking the Johto Routes/Pokewalker Guide to see what i could add to my team, as i play through.

I've been mixing in some Suicune SR's when i get the chance to either DualSR or to EV train and SR.

Congrats S_D on the shiny Ho-oh, thats twice now you've got a Shiny Ho-oh in a really quick manner. Got to admit though, Shiny Ho-oh looks frickin' awesome as a follower.

Best of luck with all your hunts guys/gals.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I, Chibi_Muffin, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules, and agree to abide by them.

Anyways, hello! I'd like to join, please. I'm a pretty good shiny hunter, here's a list of my current shinies:

Female Shinx
Female Buneary
Female Spoink
Female Pachirisu
Female Glameow
Male Western Shellos
Male Ralts
Female Sentret
Male Wurmple
Female Swablu
Female Nincada
Female Budew
Male Mareep
Female Ponyta
Male Chingling
Female Dunsparce
Male Hoppip
Porygon
Male Meditite
Female Buizel
Male Starly
Female Sneasel
Female Smeargle
Female Happiny
Female Azurill
Female Eevee
Male Snover
Female Misdreavus
Male Wooper
Bronzor
Female Bagon
Male Cleffa
Female Snorunt
Male Bonsly
Male Surskit
Male Phanpy
Male Pikachu-Coloured Pichu
Male Duskull
Male Oddish
Female Numel
Male Lotad
Male Castform
Male Caterpie
Female Igglybuff

I used to chain in Pearl, but now in SoulSilver I plan to Masuda breed with my Japanese Ditto! I want to join to share tips, help out and update on my ever-growing collection.

Last edited:

Froggy_00

@Storm_Dragoon: Wow, congrats on the Ho-oh! 100 SRs? o_o *sigh* I'm at 4500 resets for Ho-oh right now, still waiting for it to turn gold. Hopefully it's soon cause it's an awesome shiny :)

Also, welcome to all the new club members :D

Oh yes, quick question: For the Masuada Breeding method, does it only work in HG/SS? Or does it also work in D/P/Pt?

jssr903

Oh yes, quick question: For the Masuada Breeding method, does it only work in HG/SS? Or does it also work in D/P/Pt?
The MM method works in D/P/Pt. They introduced it then.
Also, I have done 9... I guess they aren't SRs, but... 9 'runs'? for shiny Ho-Oh, and no starter yet. Uhg.

Edit: 10...
Edit2: 11...

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
The MM method works in D/P/Pt. They introduced it then.
Also, I have done 9... I guess they aren't SRs, but... 9 'runs'? for shiny Ho-Oh, and no starter yet. Uhg.

Edit: 10...
Edit2: 11...

Can i ask what you mean by the bold part;

Are you hunting for a shiny ho-oh on a different game(Not HG/SS)?

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
So, now that I'm accepted (I assume), can I ask some questions?

I want to know what the best Pokemon to start Masuda breeding for is. I have a list of the ones I really want, so:

Chikorita, Combee, Torchic, Dratini, Phione, Omanyte, Zubat, Aron, Yanma, Gulpin, Vulpix, Beldum, Drifloon, Koffing and Cranidos.

Basically, what would you recommend and why?

And what is the average number of eggs until you get a shiny? What's the best way of hatching them?

Last edited:

jssr903

No, I'm not Soft reseting, per say. I actually battle it, and then go back. No menu, no off-on. I'm not, you know, holding L+R+Start+Select. Sorry if I wasn't clear! :)

I'm going up the tower for my 12th! I'm gonna have a lot of sacred ashes when I finaly get a shiny! :) But it is very time consuming.

Last edited:

Froggy_00

So, now that I'm accepted (I assume), can I ask some questions?

I want to know what the best Pokemon to start Masuda breeding for is. I have a list of the ones I really want, so:

Chikorita, Combee, Torchic, Dratini, Phione, Omanyte, Zubat, Aron, Yanma, Gulpin, Vulpix, Beldum, Drifloon, Koffing and Cranidos.

Basically, what would you recommend and why?

And what is the average number of eggs until you get a shiny? What's the best way of hatching them?

Out of that list, I would recommend Zubat as your first one simply for the fact that it takes less steps to hatch then the rest of your targets. 3840 steps to be exact. And there isn't any "average", you just have a 1/2048 of finding one...

Make sure you have a pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party to reduce the egg hatching steps. (Magmar, Magcargo and Slugma are examples of pokemon with that ability.)

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Thanks. I have a Magcargo, so, yeah. And by average, I simply meant the usual range to get one - the number which you'd usually have one by. Do you know what that is? And after Zubat, which two or three would be best then?

Jeevas

Thanks. I have a Magcargo, so, yeah. And by average, I simply meant the usual range to get one - the number which you'd usually have one by. Do you know what that is? And after Zubat, which two or three would be best then?

Like previously mentioned, it's totally random. You could get one on the first egg, or you might not get one until the 20,000th.

I checked on YouTube, though, and it seemed like they either got them on the 100-200th egg, or between the 1000-2000th egg. They're didn't appear to much of an in-between. XD

Hmm, as far as who you should hatch for, that really depends on your personal preference, or the shortest amount of steps it take to hatch 'em. Personally, though, out of the choices you gave, I'd go for either Chikorita or Drifloon. c:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Oh, Lol.

I cannot believe this. At 5296 soft resets... a freaking shiny Totodile appeared in Soul Silver, too! >_<

So that's a 3rd shiny Chikorita this morning, and a second shiny Totodile tonight. Are my games just against me getting a shiny Cyndaquil or something?

That's a total of 23,148 soft resets I've done in HG/SS since I got the games, and I still haven't managed to find the shiny starter I really wanted the most (I have however found three shiny Chikorita and two shiny Totodile...)

Incidentally, I SR over this latest shiny Totodile, too. Urg, why won't this stupid Cyndaquil just shine already?! @_@

Sigh. Good luck everyone. I'm going to continue hunting...

ixSTAYFRESH

Buizel Enthusiest
Congratz on everyones recent shinies!

As for me still SRing for that shiny sudowoodo, hope it comes soon (4 days and counting) so i can play through the game a little bit more. On a sidenote, chaining has been crappy for me.. chains keep breaking in the low 30's T_T.. lady luck has left me.. hopefully i can get it back!

Again congrats to everyone

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
I finally have news of a shiny Pokemon!...

Except... it's not mine.

I've beaten Heart Gold pretty much (Except for Red), so I enjoy playing my brother's Soul Silver (Which he isn't very far into, only 8 badges).

So I go to the Safari Zone, and start chucking Safari Balls.

I run into a dirty looking area, and start running around in the grass.

So I'm waiting for the Pokemon to get into its' spot, and I see a Spearow rolling across the screen.

"Mmkay, hop inside you little-"

*Sparkle*

*Starts hopping in place*

I throw a ball at it, but it breaks out.

I go to my brother to show him the Spearow, and he gets excited (He only had two other shinies, the Gyarados and Game Stop Pichu).

I chuck another one, break out.

Another one.

Smack
Snap
Wiggle
Shake
Rustle
Spark

Ta-da.

My brother is now the owner of a lovely female shiny Spearow.

Status
Not open for further replies.