• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
As i stated we need to be careful with how many "required shinies" we introduce into a tour, because otherwise its not about who gets the most shinies anymore is it, because if a person gets 7 or 8 random shinies, but fails to get the "required" Swarm shiny or BCC Shiny, then they can't win.

You know, I hadn't even considered this. You're right; if we have too many required shinies, then it will become more like a circuit than a tour, and that's not what we want...

With that being said, I think that we should just keep the BCC as a requirement and nothing else.

Jolteon Jordan said:
I still don't understand why people restart their games for a different ID to reset for a shiny starter. I do know the ID matters, but the chances are always the same so why bother?

I change my ID when I SR for a shiny starter because I like to see how many interesting IDs I can get. There's just something cool about having a Pokemon with an ID of something like 22221, ya know? It really has nothing to do with shinies for me; it's just that interesting IDs have a certain aesthetic quality.

Ammako

I ordered a Japanese Heartgold from Playasia.com so that might come this week.. well it should as I ordered it a while ago. So it will be in time for the Johto Tour.

I did too! Except I ordered SoulSilver.
I bought LeafGreen too, brand new for only $30.
I'm alerady up to SS. Anne.

I'm gonna sell some stuff (win) then buy Sapphire.
Play-Asia rules. It had a $10 discount on everything (I think) when I bought LeafGreen, and they even included a $5 coupon for the next thing I buy!

Congrats on the shinies, sorry for that Ferfie.
Look at it on the bright side. At least you didn't directly lose a shiny.

Last edited:

Ferfie

Shiny Ahab
Well i did some youtube video from someone claiming to do the E4 for shiny beasts method and have it work... so yeah i dunno i do have SS to work it out on anyway,
but i dont think i'll do the tour so much really,
i'm just gonna try and get shinies in all my games as much as possible as i will be reseting all except plat, HG and SS (so LG, FR, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl and Diamond) and well i'll just be hunting in all of my games whenever i want i guess. and will want to sr many pokemon as well.

DieChavsDie

OMG.

I got Heart Gold the Friday before last but told myself I wouldn't start it until this Friday because of exams (mine finished on Friday).

Now, I didn't know what starter to pick, so I said I'd keep SRing for a shiny one until I decided - and obviously if a Shiny starter appeared I'd use that.

Well, since Friday evening I've managed to do about 28 hours of resetting (I pulled an all nighter last night) - and about half an hour ago, I look down at my screen. Normal Chikorita. *scroll* Normal Cyndaquil *prepares fingers on reset keys* *scroll* SHINY TOTODILE :D

Oooo yeah. :D

He's male, and Brave natured. Serebii IV calculator says 25/4/5/21/27/22 (at Lvl 5 - so probrably not accurate). Not bad - I know Attack and Defense are low - but those are high stats anyway, so it'll balance out. And a Shiny starter with possibly 4 IVs in the 20s (2 definitely in the 20s (HP and SpDef)) is amazing IMO

I'm really excited now :)

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Well, 660 eggs in for shiny charmander, no luck yet. Does Masuda just hate me? -_-

BUT! I have other shiny good news. While I used to breed shinys back in the old gold/silver, I never saw a single shiny pop up in the wild, EVER.

Until now.

SHINY ZUBAT!

Caught it while wandering around Mt. Mortar. Who knew the bats were good for something?

Kit you're complaining about 660 eggs for Charmander? In total in the past few months, I've hatched 2951 eggs. 1950 on Heartgold and 1000 on Platinum. I'm really tired and want to move on with my hunts.

I really think the Johto Tour will be fun. Count me in! :)

Congrats to all shinies you guys have gotten since my last post. (I really don't want to look back 5 pages and stuff).

Once, Charmander shines I was planning on a Ruby hunt but seeing as the Johto tour starts soon, Sudowoodo will be my next target on Soulsilver.

Good Luck Guys and may the force be with you!

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
Congrats on the Totodile DieChavsDie.

I've been doing some more firered pokédex work. All the first 150 pokémon i can catch and don't wanna sring for are almost done, the only that i still need are Dragoniar, Dragonite and Ryhdon. The rest is sringable or i can only get in leafgreen. These need some time as they evolve very late so i guess i'll be doing some wild battles and hoping on a random shiny, maybe i'll go over where tangela is and only defeat those to have a bit of a tangala hunt or something else i'm not sure yet i need to figure something out to get some good exp points. I also need to train 2 dratini as i want every pokémon physically (Dratini, dragonair and dragonite sitting in the box as all of my others pokémons are).

Then this evening i've been doing some UXIE srings i'm at 2740 atm still no shiny. Although i'm not surprised. Going to do some more in a few minutes while watching another episode of CSI (season 6 now).

My Soulsilver and Heartgold are ready for the Johto Tour. I'm going to use my Heartgold for BCC hunting. I've made another (used an old and renamed/removed old attacks/gave new attacks) smeargle (Phantom). Same moves as the other one (Ingrain, Taunt, False Swipe, Spore) I'll prolly be double hunting BCC at some point 1st june is Tuesday and this day will be a double hunt day at the BCC. Not only are my games ready for the johto tour also my banner is ready :p

johtotour.png

If someone wants to use the johto part they can if you give me credits. If you want you can even link it to my website (http://www.redostrike.be/shiny/) but you dont have to.

Code to use:
[*IMG]http://www.redostrike.be/shiny/forum/johtotour.png[/IMG]
^ Remove the * charater from this line to use my image i've put it there for everyone to copy

Good luck to all.

Last edited:

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Congratulations on all of the latest shinies. Cutty Flam, what's going on with your luck these days!? O__o I wish my games would spit shinies out that fas--oh wait, they have been. ^^;

I'm at around 1700 encounters for Route 116. I'm prepared for this hunt to take a while, but I'm still really motivated and patient. Not too sure how many people know (and idk if I've said this before! lol), but I'm doing this hunt for Shephard. : D

Ages ago I promised him a hunt together in Route 116. We talked about the shinies we wanted most, and we both came to a conclusion that all of them were awesome, except Skitty for Shephard. Only about twenty minutes after saying that Skitty was the only Pokemon he didn't want (remember guys, 2% encounter rate), the first Skitty he saw was shiny. xD

I still owe him that hunt, not to mention I promised him a Rusturf Tunnel hunt too, so it's a combination of the two. ^^

Good luck on everyone's hunts. I hope Cresselia shines for you, Helio. :3

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
johtotour.png

If someone wants to use the johto part they can if you give me credits. If you want you can even link it to my website (http://www.redostrike.be/shiny/) but you dont have to.

Code to use:
[*IMG]http://www.redostrike.be/shiny/forum/johtotour.png[/IMG]
^ Remove the * charater from this line to use my image i've put it there for everyone to copy

Good luck to all.

I appreciate the artwork, Redo, but don't you think it would've been more relevant if you had made Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile shiny instead of normal?

Congrats on the new shinies, everyone. No luck over on my side, as usual...

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
I appreciate the artwork, Redo, but don't you think it would've been more relevant if you had made Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile shiny instead of normal?

Heh the moment i posted it i was thinking the same, i'll prolly gonna recolor them tomorrow and see what i can come up with. I know my way around in photoshop a bit (not to much) but i can manage.

If there is also a request in different background color i can do that, but i'm not going to create 20 of them :p if you guys/gals know what i mean.

Jolteon Jordan

As Fast As a Star...
Congrats to DieChavsDie on the shiny Totodile, The King of Ho-oh's shiny Spoink and MM Shuckle, as well as Kit's shiny Zubat. I had an RE with a shiny Zubat in Emerald, but a few months later my Emerald's file was corrupted along with the Zubat in it. D:

Have done about 1,000 SRs for Lugia on and off through the weekend, but still no luck. I truly hope he doesn't take over 10,000. I'd really like to move onto Ruby version.

I don't think I'll be participating in the Johto Tour because not too many Pokemon interest me in the BCC, and I'd really like to focus on shiny Lugia for now, as well as go towards my finals at the beginning of the month, plus this week's my last full week of school, so everything I do counts towards my GPA, which I take very seriously.

Hoping for some good luck soon, and good luck to others, as well as those participating in the Johto Tour!

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
The usual congrats to all, as I've been away/busy working.

I still have only two HG/SS shinies, Cyndaquil and Lugia on SS, both surprises. I've been SRing a lot on HG for a shiny starter, without success despite the three chances per SR.

I did get a new shiny on Rumble yesterday, my third. Now I have shiny Shellos (can barely tell it's shiny!), Bellsprout (also useless, also barely a difference as a shiny!), and now... Machamp! The green is nice, but it's not a Pokemon I rumble with.

Anyway, all, keep on trucking!

Ammako

LSA, that sig is awesome.
Shiny Nincada is awesome, since getting one means two shinies.

If there is also a request in different background color i can do that, but i'm not going to create 20 of them :p if you guys/gals know what i mean.

I recommend making one with green background and one with red background, that way there will be one color for every starter.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.

SANY1456.jpg

Seems as though I spoke too soon. :eek:

That's right people, after only a mere 2,354 encounters, shiny Tangela graced my screen on FireRed. Technically, it only took 1177 encounters on FireRed because I was double encountering for it on FireRed and LeafGreen.

I was watching some random videon on YouTube while triple hunting for Tangela on my two games and Ho-oh on HG. Then I glanced down at my screen, like I always do; the Tangela was about halfway finished scrolling across the grass when I recognized that it was shiny. I had planned on putting up the Help Menu so that I could catch the initial shine, but I froze as soon as I was able to tell that it was shiny.

The capture was relatively easy, too; I caught in a Nest Ball. I plan on EVing it and evolving it into a Tangrowth.

Here are some more pictures; they're in spoilers because they're frickin' huge.

SANY1439.jpg

SANY1455.jpg

SANY1460.jpg

SANY1461.jpg

And here is the crappy-quality video for your viewing pleasure. And yes, I am sick, but I hope you will enjoy it.

My next target will be Rayquaza on R/S. I want to see how fast I can get the black dragon...however, I won't stay at it forever. If it doesn't shine by 10,000 soft resets, I'll just move on to random encountering for Spheal.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
I'd love to join the Johto tour too. But I won't do much until I get my all main hunts. So far the hunts I do in Johto are in the burnt tower n water route (forget the no). If later I can hunt there fully, I'd like to go for Poliwag and headbutting to get Hera/Aipom n also BBC. Actually Lapras as well.
May I know why SRable pokemon are out of the contest?

Congratulations on the recent shinies: Drowzee, Zubat, Shuckle, Spoink, Lanturn, Totodile, Tangela and others I missed.

This my latest shiny catch last weekend. Don't hate me for my luck ok.^^

shinyzap.jpg

After only 790 SRs.^^

Still no luck w/ Kyogre hunt, currently 8,600 SRs n other side hunts.
Too many/not so important to mention.

Good luck everyone, I hope your Cresselia will shine too Helen.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Conrgats on the recent shinies everyone, especially the random Tangela and SR Zapdos.

@Cutty, I think the reason why SRable Pokemon don't count in a Shiny Tour is because there is nothing completely random about a SR'd shiny. When you SR you know exactly which shiny your going to get, because its the only possible outcome of SRing.

The shiny tour is the elimination of that factor. The shiny tours basically force you to actually play beyond those first 200 frames you could see when SRing.

Its all about the randomness. Theres really nothing better than being 14 minutes or 2 hours into a hunt, and you find a shiny. It might be the one you were hunting, or it could be a shiny that you didn't even think you would get, as its encounter rate was so low.(Like Shephard's Skitty)

Thats how i see it. Its all about going back to how we first felt when we saw a completely random shiny scroll across our screens.

Last edited:

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
Congrats on all of the shinies recently, this place is bursting with them as usual, but nothing for me of course. Congrats Fufu on ending your dry spell, and congrats to Cutty on not having a dry spell. (still working on my lugia btw) ;_;

Right now I'm triple resetting for Lugia on soulsilver, rotom on diamond, and the starters on heartgold. Lugia is being beyond stubborn at 15,000 resets, so is rotom at a total of 50,000 resets, and the starters are at 3,000 or so. All in all my luck is AWFUL as usual. The people I follow on youtube have found like 5 shinies since the time I've started my lugia hunt.

Wish me good luck, I need it!

NintyNerd96

aka CheesyNinja96
Grats on all shinys that ppl got before my last post :p

Todays bin a terrible day for me, and here's why...

1.i got a 30 min detention 2morrow because i was 5 steps away from the door....and this is considered late :(
2.some idiot at my school f=drew on my t-shirt
3.i was waiting an hour after school to get in my house because i dont have a key
4.last week was terrible too, and this follows it :'(

ANYWAY now thats out of the way i gonna hunt ekansss now :p i'm at 11,000 ekans atm and 365 hoothoot :p

wish me luck xD

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
so is rotom at a total of 50,000 resets, \

Wish me good luck, I need it!

Oh my god! I've never seen that many resets on one target. I'll gladly send you any remaing luck I have. Good luck! ;479;

1.i got a 30 min detention 2morrow because i was 5 steps away from the door....and this is considered late
2.some idiot at my school f=drew on my t-shirt
3.i was waiting an hour after school to get in my house because i dont have a key
4.last week was terrible too, and this follows it :'(

It will get better soon. Cheer up, and good luck in your hunts.

Any one interested in a Shiny Battle for fun?

Last edited:

Blair3232

Youtube: Blair13579
Sorry I haven't posted for a while, congrats on all recnet shinies: Zapdos, Articuno, Tangela, Zubat, just to name a few. Sorry to those I didn't mention, But congrats to you anyway.
As for my hunts, I am resetting for Suicune in SS, which is why i've shown so much devotion to it lately, and also MM Heracross with False Swipe in Pearl. I haaven't been able to hatch eggs because I got stuck in the void, i'm out now and continuing my hunt.
I will not be participating in the Johto Tour. I don't feel like hunting with guidelines when i'm allready into my hunts. I don't really count Sr's either, so if I get shinies it will be an approximate time length of the hunt.
I have terrible luck shiny hunting, but am hunting anyway, so wish me luck and good luck to anyone else hunting!

samhain88

Magikarp trainer
Im late but Id like to join.

I samhain88 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

On saturday I was playing my GF HeartGold because she gets too frusterated with chasing the dogs around so I offered to do it. About an hour into it I have both down to red HP and bopth PAR when suddenly I encounter a LV.3 SHINY PIDGEY! Yes! Right when I encountered it the DS started to die so I hurried to plug it in. It was an easy catch and it got me so pumped to play my SS. Currently im SRing for a shiny Mewtwo. Im only a few hours in. God finding those random encounter shinies makes playing Pokemon so much more fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.