• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDatBoi

3891 EGSS!!!!
Congrats to storm dragoon on the shiny dratini, its one im after but so far im having no luck with anything at the moment x.x not even my absol, I've also just started hunting for ekans as well due to it being a heartgold only pokemon i decided "hey game specific why not get it shiny" so now im hunting for that. I'm gonna focus on getting a random encounter for the last few days til monday since thats my graduation and i have no time what so ever to hunt sunday either since i must get ready for monday x.x.

anyways good luck to everyone on their hunts especially NPD he needs it most since his darkrai struggled on him.

oregon1

Team Rocket Grunt
I oregon1 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.
A long time ago in my Leaf Green I got a shiny Weedle in the first 10 minutes of the game. Also, I found a shiny Shellos in my Platinum. Right now I'm looking for a shiny Koffing in the burnt tower.

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
Thank you everyone for your wishes of good fortune, you guys definitely helped me to recover quickly and jump right back in there. I am pleased to inform you that a miracle occurred last night and I managed to put your luck to good use.

2ndshinydarkrai.png

Shiny darkrai reappeared last night while I was sleeping over at a friends. It only took another mere 500 soft resets to shine again! Luckily it shone at night rather than morning which boosts dusk balls capture rate and provides proof that it is indeed a 2nd shiny darkrai. Needless to say, I was prepared this time. I had all it's moves and PP written down and tallied but incredibly it only took 2 dusk balls to catch it. After whittling it's health down to 1 hp and putting it to sleep I threw my first dusk ball, it didn't shake once. I thought to myself, "here we go again...", the next dusk ball I threw never burst open however and I am now the proud new owner of a shiny darkrai! :D

My one and only complaint is that the sync failed and it might not have the first time, but who knows, it's mine now and I was expecting the sync not to work. It was however my first attempt at using a nature sync and it's disappointing that it didn't work my first time. ^^'

The first shiny darkrai for comparison
Nickname screen
Stats

Ironically 2 shiny darkrais appeared within about 1000 total resets, yet rotom and lugia can't seem to shine after 53,000 or 20,000 resets respectively. Either way my luck is finally improving, let's hope that it keeps up and I can finally join in the tour. ;)

Thank you everyone again for the luck which no doubt brought this shiny back to me.

EDIT: Congratulations on all new shinies, especially cutty on the nincada, Storm on the extremespeed dratini, *Murkrow on the Lugia (I'm so jealous!), enjoiseth on the totodile, redostrike on the abra (you have some insane luck!), and kirk on the beedrill! :) Sorry guys for messing that up! ^^'

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Has anyone here ever met a shiny Pokemon random?
Anyway, i wonder how the 5th generation starters will look like shiny.....

Any shiny met in the wild is a random shiny. If you mean "completely random", then thats different as that would mean you weren't even hunting for it when it appeared.

I've found two such shinies just on the HG/SS games. The first was a Shiny Geodude whilst going through Union Cave. The second was a Shiny Oddish in Ilex Forest whilst levelling up my Pokemon.

Its pretty difficult to actually find "completely random" shinies these days, because even if they're EV training/levelling up a team they'll say that they are also hunting for a shiny on that route at the same time.

I oregon1 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.
A long time ago in my Leaf Green I got a shiny Weedle in the first 10 minutes of the game. Also, I found a shiny Shellos in my Platinum. Right now I'm looking for a shiny Koffing in the burnt tower.

Welcome to the club, those are two great shinies you found, did you evolve them, or keep them untouched.

Good luck with your Shiny Koffing hunt, its got a great alternate colour, hope you find it soon. :)

Holy smokes NPD, you lucky soin-so you. Only 500 more SR's and it appeared again, thats wicked luck.

Shame that the Sync didn't work, but at least you've got a great shiny.

Congrats Cutty on the Shiny Nincada, i was hoping someone would get a Shiny Nincada from the BCC, as i wanted to know whether they would evolve it to get both the shinies instead of just keeping the one they had.

Will you be evolving it Cutty?

Congrats also to Keruso on the Shiny Ralts. I actually missed it during my original reply, but because this post took ages to actually post(after hitting submit reply) i decided to re-read some of the posts below, and i caught your post.

Also, i don't know if you were aware or not, but you got really lucky on finding that Shiny Ralts, as its a Swarm Only Pokemon, which means its only there for the day, so you got even luckier than you first thought.

I'm glad to see that i've got some others to want to take some team pictures of their shinies, its great to see their shiny sprites enlarged so. Love the pics Pingouin7, Shiny Arbok looks awesome.

I've only done 3 entries into the BCC so far today, been a bit busy, also managed to get in 100 SR's for Shiny Kyogre at the same time. I'm keeping track of my SR's and BCC completions, so i hope to have actual numbers when my next shiny appears, rather than guesstimations.

Good luck everyone. :)

Last edited:

Keruso

Here, Birdy birdy!!
actually, Kirk, i didnt know that. i never checked what yesterday's swarm was and he (yes i checked, lol) just showed up out of nowhere. what was even more lucky, it was 11:55 at night when he showed.

@birdtrainer jeff, that is your deffination of a random shiny Pokemon, i was never actually hunting him, i was passing through on my bike for a Drifloon.

alright, i checked todays swarm, and its Qwilfish, so im trying for that today. probably wont happen today as im going out with a friend later.

i dont think i saw it, but what are the rules for the tour? i know one of them was getting a BCC shiny, but whats the rest?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
actually, Kirk, i didnt know that. i never checked what yesterday's swarm was and he (yes i checked, lol) just showed up out of nowhere. what was even more lucky, it was 11:55 at night when he showed.

@birdtrainer jeff, that is your deffination of a random shiny Pokemon, i was never actually hunting him, i was passing through on my bike for a Drifloon.

alright, i checked todays swarm, and its Qwilfish, so im trying for that today. probably wont happen today as im going out with a friend later.

i dont think i saw it, but what are the rules for the tour? i know one of them was getting a BCC shiny, but whats the rest?

Rules for the HG/SS Tour were;

Its a HG/SS Tour, so you can hunt in any part of HG/SS, Kanto included.

You must capture one shiny during a Bug Catching Contest(BCC).

SR & Hatched(any method) do not count.

Any shiny you capture must be a random shiny, and must be announced in the club to be counted.

Pictures to be posted if possible, if not then post the following information about the shiny;

Date of Capture / Level / Nature / Area Caught / Stats(HP/Atk/Def/S.Atk/S.Def/Speed)

You are allowed to click once on a SRable target to check if its shiny, if it is then it counts as a random shiny.

The following points are also important(for everyone competing in the HG/SS Shiny Tour);

You alone must keep tally of your shinies.

You are allowed to alter the date if you wish to go for a target thats not available that day. You can use this to change swarms, just set clock to 23:59, and wait for clock to tick over.

Lastly;

I was thinking that at the Start of each month i could post a table of the participants, and how many shinies they obtained up till that point.

Would anyone be interested in that?

If so then all you would need to do, is PM/VM me your June Shinies on 1st July, and I'll post a leaderboard on the 3rd July with the top ten.

Last edited:

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
Hey guys! I've been very busy with my coursework lately...but I'm pleased to say (for now!) it's finished so I can reclaim my love of shiny hunting! I've been browsing the club...just not posting! There's been a mass out-break in shinies recently! Congrats to all of you who come under that category! I must say the main congrats I'm giving goes to NPD...finding a Shiny Darkrai is awesome! and I was so pity-filled for you when I read what happened...but I'm over the moon for you that you found it again! It's take BIG motivation to continue a hunt you screwed up! Congrats! All I can say is always have a masterball! To massively decrease the chances of loosing an un-expected shiny, trade over a masterball to your game when you start it ASAP! Never begin a hunt without one! which is why I've decided to pause my Eterna Forest hunt till I get my friend's DS to trade over a masterball...as it may be just a 1% chance but I'm pretty sure that if a Beautifly shines (which is what I really want anyway!), I won't be able to catch it! Now, I have some questions -
When you play Emerald with no early shiny frame can you just RE like normal for a shiny or will it never appear. Also, if you can RE do you have to always leave the game on charging until a shiny appears or can you power off and on like on a normal game? Basically, I know without a early shiny frame, you can never SR a shiny, but can you still RE for one like normal??? Good Luck guys!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Congrats on getting your shiny Darkrai to reappear so quickly, NarutoPokeDude. ^_^

Well, I've done 71 goes in the BCC, but no shiny has appeared yet. I'll be doing more after I've had my dinner.

I've met a few.

On the 5th January 2008 - when I was obsessed with growing berries in Pearl - I was making my way towards my last berry spot of the day, when I had to walk through some grass, and a random battle started... and a shiny pink Shellos appeared!

I wasn't really paying attention as it came across the screen (and it blended in so well with the pink/orange evening background). But then I saw the shiny animation and did a bit of a double-take. ^^; It was my first ever random encounter shiny (since the shiny Carvanha I fished-up and KO'ed in Sapphire back in July 2007).

And then on the 2nd May 2009 I found a shiny Illumise in Ruby while EV-training. And then a few hours later in the same Ruby file I found a shiny Wurmple (also while EV-training). ^_^

Then on the 28th February 2009 (in my other copy of Pearl) I was leveling-up my HP Ice Infernape when suddenly a shiny blue Shellos appeared. It was great to complete the shiny Shellos set - and both being random encounters.

When you play Emerald with no early shiny frame can you just RE like normal for a shiny or will it never appear. Also, if you can RE do you have to always leave the game on charging until a shiny appears or can you power off and on like on a normal game?

You can still find random encounter shinies in Emerald. It's just that you don't know when your shiny frames are, and each time you SR/switch off the game, it goes back to frame 1.

So if your game file doesn't have a shiny frame until, say, an hour of game play, it means that each time you switch on your game, you'd have to leave t on for an hour before you could find a shiny (of course, I'd of thought most peoples Emerald files would have at least few shiny frames within the first hour, I'm just using it as an example.)

Last edited:

NintyNerd96

aka CheesyNinja96
Thank you everyone for your wishes of good fortune, you guys definitely helped me to recover quickly and jump right back in there. I am pleased to inform you that a miracle occurred last night and I managed to put your luck to good use.

2ndshinydarkrai.png

Shiny darkrai reappeared last night while I was sleeping over at a friends. It only took another mere 500 soft resets to shine again! Luckily it shone at night rather than morning which boosts dusk balls capture rate and provides proof that it is indeed a 2nd shiny darkrai. Needless to say, I was prepared this time. I had all it's moves and PP written down and tallied but incredibly it only took 2 dusk balls to catch it. After whittling it's health down to 1 hp and putting it to sleep I threw my first dusk ball, it didn't shake once. I thought to myself, "here we go again...", the next dusk ball I threw never burst open however and I am now the proud new owner of a shiny darkrai! :D

My one and only complaint is that the sync failed and it might not have the first time, but who knows, it's mine now and I was expecting the sync not to work. It was however my first attempt at using a nature sync and it's disappointing that it didn't work my first time. ^^'

The first shiny darkrai for comparison
Nickname screen
Stats

Ironically 2 shiny darkrais appeared within about 1000 total resets, yet rotom and lugia can't seem to shine after 53,000 or 20,000 resets respectively. Either way my luck is finally improving, let's hope that it keeps up and I can finally join in the tour. ;)

Thank you everyone again for the luck which no doubt brought this shiny back to me.

EDIT: Congratulations on all new shinies, especially cutty on the nincada, Storm on the extremespeed dratini, *Murkrow on the Lugia (I'm so jealous!), enjoiseth on the totodile, redostrike on the abra (you have some insane luck!), and kirk on the beedrill! :) Sorry guys for messing that up! ^^'

Good luck everyone!

YAY FOR YOU! i knew u would get another one soon, i thought it would be lugia tho xD, grats ;)

I havent done much hunting this week, blame school :(, i 'only' got 26 days left of school now, though thats not including weekends xD

BUT last night i did some chaining to get me tired so i could sleep :p and i got some shinies xD

http://i49.*******.com/muwebn.jpg

SHINY DROWZEE FTW! xD

I decided not to chain shiny's i will want because i like getting them in the 1/8192 chance, that way they mean alot more too me :)

hitoshura0

Grats on all the recent shinies, especially the Darkrai. Redemption is sweet, no?

When you play Emerald with no early shiny frame can you just RE like normal for a shiny or will it never appear. Also, if you can RE do you have to always leave the game on charging until a shiny appears or can you power off and on like on a normal game?

Yes you can, it will just take a while to hit that shiny frame.

Oh god, yes:

In original Gold, I met 3 shinies by chance: A Caterpie on Route 32, and a Golbat and Rhyhorn in Victory Road.

In Sapphire, I met a Tentacool in the Sunken Ship while trying to deliver the Scanner.

Sad to say, I have none of these anymore.

In Emerald, I found a Clamperl while looking for a normal Relicanth for the Regis. I evolved it to Gorebyss, and that Yellow Gorebyss is the only one I've ever had.

In Diamond, I found a Bidoof and a Shinx while EV training on deployment. They're a Bibarel and a Luxray now, with the Luxray being a Jolly natured one. One day, I might wipe the EVs and EV train it.

In Platinum, I found a Luxio, but it roared away. One day, I might reclaim it.

In Heart Gold, I found a Geodude while picking up Apricorns pre-Elite 4, and I found a Rattatta while trying to do a rematch with Ralph while I was MMing a Vulpix.

My one "black spot" on my shiny hunting days is that I never got one while playing Leaf Green, which is the only game where I have never seen a random shiny.

Dark_Breed77

Shiny Hunter
I Dark_Breed77 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. so anyways I recently hatched a shiny wooper! I am so happy! this is my first shiny hatched pokemon my other 2 shinies are snubbull and vulpix. unfortunately my DS is broken meaning I won't be able to hunt for a while...

Cutty, yet another shiny - and it's two in one. XD

Congrats Cutty on the Shiny Nincada, i was hoping someone would get a Shiny Nincada from the BCC, as i wanted to know whether they would evolve it to get both the shinies instead of just keeping the one they had.

Will you be evolving it Cutty?

I used to think the same thing, but it isn't true. Evolving a Shiny Nincada does not guarantee(or even increase the chances) of receiving a shiny Shedinja. It really is a shame. But I suppose if you wanted one bad enough you could always SR right before you evolve it or something.

EDIT: I've done some research after getting a comment from LordSemai, and I have not found any hard evidence supporting either way, so I cannot be entirely sure if this is true or not. I guess we will have to wait until Cutty evolves his to really know.

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
This is something that has been really bugging me, but I wish you guys would stop telling NPD to trade over Master Balls and be more prepared next time he finds a shiny. If you guys actually read his post, you would have seen him say this:

NPD on page 344 said:
Even at while asleep at 1 HP this thing managed to break out of every single ball I chucked at him. Now I had plenty of masterballs on me, but I've seen tons of videos of people catching him in repeat balls, dusk balls, ultra balls, and even a dive ball, not to mention I could not stand to have another shiny caught in a masterball, especially since I was so prepared this time.

Now perhaps I'm overreacting, but seriously, I don't even think you guys are taking the time to really relate to NPD if you aren't reading his post fully. It's as if you all saw other people posting about NPD's lost shiny, and you just automatically jumped to conclusions that NPD was unprepared. But like I said earlier, if you actually took the time to read his post, you would realize that he was well prepared, he just made a bad choice at the wrong time.

I really needed to get that out. Anyways, congratulations on all the new shinies, especially on getting your shiny Darkrai back, NPD.

Also, kirk, I think a leaderboard would be absolutely excellent for something like this. That's some really great thinking you've got going on there. I really hope other people feel the same way and VM/PM you the necessary information.

Edit: Also, welcome to the club, Dark_Breed77. Shiny Wooper is actually a shiny that I'm hunting for...well, should be hunting for at least.

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
Thanks for all the congrats on the abra and skarmory :)

Now i give some congrats to:
stormdragoon for the dratini
*Murkrow for the amazing lugia
Cutty flam for the nincada (finnally :p)
Keruso for the awesome swarm ralts major luck there
narutopokedude on the darkrai you well deserve this one sorry the sync did not work

No news for me today. I've been hunting eevee on my leafgreen for most of the first part of the day, the second part of the day (and now) i'm hunting my route 47 shiny in soulsilver. I really hope staryu or tentacool pops up. I'm at 2462 atm (put it asside for a moment to type in this post :) )

For some reason i also want to get the mew from ranch to my games (to use it in one of them as a catcher cause mew is actually a very nice pokémon) but i still need some pokémons to put into ranch (since i reseted it a few months back with all those riolu's in them => to lazy to release them). So i'm thinking of picking up a MM hunt that I've abandoned some time ago (poliwag). I will be starting that if i'm up to more than 5000 on this route 47 hunt (as with my others hunts this month i never reached 4000 encounters).

In my banner al the purple backgrounds are "RANDOM" encounters.

Kricketune i caught when i went to the TCG league play, i always take my ds with me and i was riding my bike at the breeding center in pearl i went into the grass to battle the trainers there and krick showed up. I wasn't a shiny hunter back then but i knew what shiny's where as i played the cards.

Mr Mime, i got when it was Belgium Championship for the TCG. I freaked out when i encounterd it i was in the car on my way home and i just chucked my master ball at it. I was not prepared and now i know how stupid that was. A few months later i decied to check into the pokérader thing for shiny's and since then i became a shiny hunter.

Budew, i got this one in eterna forest, i was training my pokémons in the double battle with this girl with the green hair and the chansey (i forget her name). My girlfriend was on the phone then with me i was suprised and just captured the shiny.

Roselia was in mr backalots garden, again i was on the phone with my girlfriend. I was looking if eevee was still in the garden to try and chain it. Then this one poped up on me.

I was thinking that at the Start of each month i could post a table of the participants, and how many shinies they obtained up till that point.

You can count me in :) expect a shiny update on 1st july (if i dont forget)but yeah it's quiet easy for me i'm collecting every info in my signature too :).

back to encounters now guys lets see if this one takes me over 4000 :p.

Good luck for everyone.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Major Congrats on avenging Darkrai Narutopokedude! Glad it decided to shine again so soon. Congrats also Cutty Flam on Nincada.

Yes in Ruby I have run into a totally random Zigzagoon when I wasn’t even looking for any shinies, In Emerald I found a Slugma when I was EV training, In Diamond I ran into a Shinx when I was EV training and an Illumise when I was evolving an Aron into a Lairon for Hayley in Pokemon Ranch. This excludes The shinies I found when actually REing for shinies.

That sounds like a cool idea. I’ll deffininetntly PM/VM if and when I get some shinies and if I remember.

Also if I KO or Run from Ho-oh and come back for it later, it will still be SRable right? I just want to make sure.

Poke-Glitch

I...I Did It!
This is something that has been really bugging me, but I wish you guys would stop telling NPD to trade over Master Balls and be more prepared next time he finds a shiny. If you guys actually read his post, you would have seen him say this:
Well, I wasn't telling NPD to trade over masterballs...I was telling all the shiny hunters in general the best way to avoid loosing a shiny, so don't be angry at me if I'm one of the people you're moaning at. Thanks for the great response guys! That means I have to leave my game on right?

pokedude98

league champion
I pokedude98 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.
I would like to join because I love shiny pokemon :)

pokedude98

league champion
I pokedude98 hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.
I would like to join because I love shiny pokemon :)

Now perhaps I'm overreacting, but seriously, I don't even think you guys are taking the time to really relate to NPD if you aren't reading his post fully. It's as if you all saw other people posting about NPD's lost shiny, and you just automatically jumped to conclusions that NPD was unprepared. But like I said earlier, if you actually took the time to read his post, you would realize that he was well prepared, he just made a bad choice at the wrong time.

First, I was there when it was first posted, and I read through it twice. (There really wasn't much to read.) He Edited in the part about the masterball later(Along with the whole story), so don't get on to us for not going back to look at his post hours later. It just isn't right.

Second, before you start nagging at us for not reading posts thoroughly , maybe you should check the Edit times, post times, and the original post(Which was quoted by NintyNerd96.)

Finally, maybe I am overreacting this time, but I do not like it when someone tries to blatantly accuse me, or anyone else, of being so incompetent as to not read a post before replying. It is insulting.

*Waits for strike/ban*

Last edited:
I used to think the same thing, but it isn't true. Evolving a Shiny Nincada does not guarantee(or even increase the chances) of receiving a shiny Shedinja. It really is a shame. But I suppose if you wanted one bad enough you could always SR right before you evolve it or something.

EDIT: I've done some research after getting a comment from LordSemai, and I have not found any hard evidence supporting either way, so I cannot be entirely sure if this is true or not. I guess we will have to wait until Cutty evolves his to really know.

I chained a shiny Nincada and I evolved it and Shedinja was shiny..

100_2490.jpg

100_2488.jpg

Anyway I am up to 2605 SR for a shiny starter in my Japanese Heartgold and thats been my main hunt lately. I am looking forward to the long weekend because I can SR more.

Congrats to all new shinies and good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.