• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTUSH

<---Hatched
Hello all. I haven't posted on this thread in about 6 months and have just gotten back into pokemon.

Anyway I'm currently resuming my hunt for a shiny Relicanth by hatching eggs. If I ever get this Relicanth; my next target is shiny Tropius.

Congrats on the shiny Rayquaza, Murkrow :)

Hmmm that's must be tough because doesn't it take a very long time for a relicanth to hatch? But goodluck and remember to use the masuda method.

Also congrats to shinyfufu on baltoy, very lucky indeed for finding it and for baltoy not exploding on you D: that would have been terrible if that occurred.
Also congrats on the rayquaza. Maybe someday i might go for one.
Right now i've been fishing in leafgreen for a shiny poliwag and also been doing alot of resets for regirock which i am sick of seeing atm.

I might get back to starting the 2nd leg of the shiny curcuit tonight.. just maybe.

Anyway goodluck everyone

DarkLatios

SHINE GET
MAJOR congrats on the shiny Baltoy, Grimer, Rayquaza and whatever else I missed here (apologise for my rudeness)!

Well... I know I've been gone a long time for me, but I haven't found that shiny desert Pokemon yet! Hopefully today, a shiny should come into sight! And don't worry, I'm not going to change my order again now.

Helio, I noticed that too! Hopefully I'll get a shiny Cacnea so we can complete the desert set!

Poke'Master4389

Replaying 6th Gen
congratulations to the baltoy, grimer, and rayquaza trainers!

i'm so glad you guys found your shinies like I found mine yesterday. I still cant believe I hatched a shiny cyndaquil!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Can the Mew from My Pokemon Ranch be shiny? I believe I'm getting the game today, and I am curious; I really wouldn't mind soft resetting for a shiny Mew. ;) Getting MPR will also help me count my eggs more easily.

I have a question about MPR, however. Do you TRANSFER the Pokemon over to MPR? Or is it like PBR where the Wii "reads" your game and whatever Pokemon you have in your game is copied and sent over? If it's the former, I'd rather not send most of my shinies over to MPR; I always have a different team of shinies I use for the Battle Tower...but at the same time, there some shinies I have that I use less than others.

Oh well. Either way, I look forward to getting MPR.

Hatching for Riolu currently. I want a shiny Lucario!!!

Edit: I'm also thinking about switching back to hunting for Duskull at Mt. Pyre or Solrock/Golbat in Meteor Falls.

Good luck, everyone.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Fufu your Pokemon are actually transfered over from your game, half of my Pokemon from my Diamond are running around there :p. Oh, congrats to your shiny Baltoy too ^_^.

Well I'm SRing for shiny Palkia in Platinum and hatching for shiny Skorupi. I am currently filling my 20th box of Skorupi, no shiny one yet. I really hope it appears before 1500 eggs, cause I don't want a Onix situation again. Congrats to new shinies as well, forgot who got the Rayquaza XD.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Can the Mew from My Pokemon Ranch be shiny? I believe I'm getting the game today, and I am curious; I really wouldn't mind soft resetting for a shiny Mew. Getting MPR will also help me count my eggs more easily.

I have no idea. I hope so. I've filled up my ranch five times now (mosty with non-shiny Chimchar ^^; ) and haven't recieved a shiny Mew yet.

I have a question about MPR, however. Do you TRANSFER the Pokemon over to MPR? Or is it like PBR where the Wii "reads" your game and whatever Pokemon you have in your game is copied and sent over? If it's the former, I'd rather not send most of my shinies over to MPR; I always have a different team of shinies I use for the Battle Tower...but at the same time, there some shinies I have that I use less than others.

You transfer them over. And if you delete the D/P file that you transfered them from, then you can't tranfer them back.

Edit: I'm also thinking about switching back to hunting for Duskull at Mt. Pyre or Solrock/Golbat in Meteor Falls.

At some point I might join you in a random shiny hunt in Mt.Pyre. But not until I've completed my 4th/5th leg in the shiny circuit.

I'm still hatching Totodile. I'd really like it to shine before I hit the 2000 egg mark. It'll be my first Platinum shiny ^_^ (not counting the chained shiny Sentret)

I've also started fishing in Leaf Green for my 5th leg shiny; I've only done 30 encounters so far (I'm hoping for a shiny Staryu), and I'm also SR'ing in Sapphire for shiny Kyogre.

Good luck guys.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Thanks for answering my questions, S_D and Helio. One final thing that I need clarified; it IS possible to reset your data on MPR, right? What I'm planning on doing is hatching a whole bunch of eggs on my games, transferring them over to MPR, then resetting my game...I think that'll be better than transferring my shinies over to MPR and just releasing them over and over again on my Diamond version, ya know? But if I can't delete my save game on MPR, I'm in a bit of a pickle.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Thanks for answering my questions, S_D and Helio. One final thing that I need clarified; it IS possible to reset your data on MPR, right? What I'm planning on doing is hatching a whole bunch of eggs on my games, transferring them over to MPR, then resetting my game...I think that'll be better than transferring my shinies over to MPR and just releasing them over and over again on my Diamond version, ya know? But if I can't delete my save game on MPR, I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Yeah you can just erase the current save file for MPR, then you can start from scratch.

However you'll need to alter the Wii's date after you deposit your pokemon, unless your willing to wait the 6/7 days (i think), that it takes to get your Ranch size up to actually obtain Mew per reset.

Also, considering you need 999 or 1000 pokemon deposited into MPR, i would've thought you'd be better off just randomly hunting for pokemon to capture. Thats how i filled up MPR 3 times, and i was lucky enough to encounter a random shiny shinx on the way.

Last edited:

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Hmmm that's must be tough because doesn't it take a very long time for a relicanth to hatch? But goodluck and remember to use the masuda method.

Yep 10,240 steps (5,120 with Flame Body). I didn't even know what the masuda method was until yesterday. Checked my boxes for foreign pokes and saw a Japanese Ditto I got at some point. Lucky me :)

Good luck in your hunts everyone I'm off to hatch!

Double Doduo

I Double Doduo hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them.

Would it be okay if I join? I've never caught any shinies, but I can dream right? XD

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Yeah you can just erase the current save file for MPR, then you can start from scratch.

However you'll need to alter the Wii's date after you deposit your pokemon, unless your willing to wait the 6/7 days (i think), that it takes to get your Ranch size up to actually obtain Mew per reset.

Also, considering you need 999 or 1000 pokemon deposited into MPR, i would've thought you'd be better off just randomly hunting for pokemon to capture. Thats how i filled up MPR 3 times, and i was lucky enough to encounter a random shiny shinx on the way.
Eh, I'm willing to wait. The Mew is really just an extra to me; my main use for MPR will be for storing and mass-releasing eggs which will help with my counting for Riolu.

Welcome to the club, Double Dodu. Are you hunting for any shinies?

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Oh, Riolo has a pretty nice shiny form. I remeber one guy posted a while back in the D/P thread saying he got 4 shiny ones in a row. I doubt it, but that'd have been cool.
And welcome Doduo!

Double Doduo

Thanks. ^ ^

I'm currently looking for a shiny Vulpix so I can get a shiny Ninetales. I'm not having much luck though, since I don't know of any shiny hunting techniques...

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Oh Snap! Damn Fufu mad luck ftw! Congrats on the Baltoy, and super congrats it didn't asplode on you, that was waaay lucky right there. When I was hunting in the desert I had a damp quagsire ready in case of baltoy. Tour score=1 for Fufu :)
Also congrats Murkrow on the Ray!

Spent yesterday hunting Dunsparce on Firered and once again tried for Numel in Ruby2 but no luck. Also did some Rotom Srs too.

Okay guys so this club has hit its mark and due to the constant reports, it shall be closed. It's reputation has done downhill so it'll be KO'd now. Anyone who wants to restart it (or if Zabi wants to) should PM me for permission. DarkDragon, you are forbidden to recreate the club OR post in it. (if a future one is made) Your reports are pretty strict and just for grammar? Dude, no need to go all grammar nazi on the poor members.

With that the club is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.