• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
ShinyMudkip.jpg

Mudkipbattle.jpg

Is it just me, or are my pics getting progressively worse in terms of quality? -_-

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
thanks for welcoming me here. Does anyone know why I can only have 7 lines in my sig?
Psst... Join the Gamers group in your profile to get more! ;]

Okay everyone, just let it go. SFF and BOF, you've both been intelligent members who make a welcome presence on these boards. There's no reason to get all heated up over something as trivial as a video game. It's Game Freak's fault for making the radar so powerful, so what's anyone to accomplish by accusing people for what they do with it. If Fufu wants powerful shinies, so be it. The chain of 36 Ralts was hunted as a unit, and is worth as much as any other chain, whether it gives only one or many.

The Pokéradar provides a tradeoff. In the third-generation, shiny hunting was a random process. You had to wait for them to just sort of show up on their own. Hunting in certain areas or soft resetting required very little attention but could take a very long time. With the Pokéradar, you need to provide your absolute attention, but when you do, shinies come a lot quicker. It seems Game Freak are telling us that they never intended for people to go bananas resetting for particular shinies and getting angry and frustrated and breaking things when they don't show. Shinies are supposed to be rare Pokémon whom are to be cherished, not sources of anger at being unable to find them.

It remains a challenge to amass a large chain. With folks like Shuko and Pokerealm running around collecting dozens a day, it doesn't seem like it, but try. I did and found things not nearly as easy as they seem. The vast majority of your chains will break before they bear any shinies whether you did anything wrong or not. Getting that 30 or 40-chain requires dedication and determination just like the old fashioned way. The only thing that's truly broken about it is how the heightened shiny odds aren't reduced to normal after a shiny has been found. While the cat's certainly out of the bag, I still hope that GF fix the Pokéradar in this way for D/P's third edition.

So, Fufu earned a shiny Ralts, not 36, but 1 is all he claims credit for. If there was an Ability that made wild Pokémon have enhanced IVs and I found a shiny while using it, would I be horrible and no longer a "true" shiny hunter? Am I already not a "true" shiny hunter for using Synchronize to get a Modest Dialga, a Modest Seviper, and an Adamant Sneasel?

ScorpionX

820 eggs so far
Hey guys, I’m back, and I have something new!

Today, when I was playing Pearl, I decided to go after my swarm of the day, Farfetch’d, just to see if I can get lucky. After several chains broken, I put Atlas, my Regigigas, up front. I rode around a bit (I was trying to get a Togepi happy, I wanted to breed for a timid one), then decided to try again. When my chain was at five, I saw it-The shiny patch. “Could it be?” Sure enough, I ran into a shiny Farfetch’d! Oy, I didn’t have a Pokemon weak enough to weaken him, so I had Atlas use Confuse Ray on it. After a while of throwing Quick Balls (Later Ultra Balls), I put my Togepi up to use Yawn. Fortunately it had used Swords Dance, so I put it to sleep, switched back to Atlas, and tossed Ultra Balls. First time he broke out, second time-SHINE GET!

You know i think there's something about farfetch'd, when i got my shiny farfetch'd it was in a chain of 13, strange huh? Congrats anyway ;)

I'm taking a break from chaining for a while, i wanna get a shiny mudkip so i've restarted my sapphire to get it and i wanna play through pokemon emerald so i can start soft resetting for a shiny chikorita.

Sorry MM, but i'm not copying off you, i've liked shiny chiky for a long time so i'm gonna get it this time and not give up like i have on a lot of other targets though.

Maybe you'll get it before me anyway, i still have to complete the game, and the dex so.....

Canis Lupus

After reading the last couple pages, I feel kinda bad. Most of my shinies are from the PokeRadar, (save for Shiny Rapidash) and I now am inspired to SR for one. The problem is that I've gotten all the SR'ables in the game, and Drifloon doesn't appeal to me. (I mean come on. Everyone and their grandmother has one.)

My sister won't let me use her game to SR on, and hatching eggs doesn't appeal to me. I'm hoping that JAA will bring the Darkrai event, so I can SR for one of those.

But for now, I've finished training Pachirisu up, and am EV Training a Duskul, in hopes of a shiny. (I'll be Chaining Lotad for SPDEF.)

Last edited:
Shang, you may join, but please, Don't Quadruple Post. There's an Edit button.

I'm just going to completely ignore what has happened in the past few pages, and simply say "Thanks for the congrats."

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
Goodbye BoF, never really knew you, but that's okay.

Congrats FuFu on your Shiny Mudkip. Oh how I miss my Swampert so much. :'( Also does your Original trainer thing says Terra, LOL?! Now you have all Hoenn Starters Shiny.

I'm SRing for Rotom, but no luck. Good Luck everyone!

EDIT: I'm SRing for Lileep now, and Azelf now.

Last edited:

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Latest (SR)
I really should come on here more often ;)

Well im SRing for Giratina at this present moment in time. And im rather enjoying it. Its great to stop chaining for a while.

and i also completely agree with MM. I won't judge people on what they do with their games because at the end of the day it is THEIR game. They paid good money to play the game so they can do as they wish.

And i'll just finish up by saying

Major congrats to Fufu! You are making me want to do some Torchic reseting. I may do some 3rd gen hunting when i reach 1k on Giratina.

And congrats on other Shiny's

And Goodbye to Ivy and BoF hope you both come back someday.

Last edited:

mewmew202

By BoF. Who are you going to have own the thread because now it needs to be restarted unless you will come back?

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
If you read the first page, you'll see that I am currently the club owner. The club co-owners can also be seen on the front page.

mewmew202

ok I was just wondering if it would need to be started over though cause the first page could no longer be updated and all that.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Yeah, but there is no real need to update the first page. All the rules are listed, as are the current co-owners and the current owners. If something happens, we'll see what we can do.

mewmew202

ok then I just remember reading the rules about it so now that I know I iwll no longer worry about it. *bliss*

Zabi

Not really here.
Yeah, but there is no real need to update the first page. All the rules are listed, as are the current co-owners and the current owners. If something happens, we'll see what we can do.

If you need it updated, just PM me, and I will update.

Status
Not open for further replies.