• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
There is a guide on how to use the PokeRadar in the D/P Forums. And don't worry, you have the same chance of finding any shiny as I do of finding a shiny Turtwig.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I know, I just got done reading it.

What's a good route to do this in?

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Almost any route with grass is good. I noticed this when I first got the PokeRadar a while ago, but almost every route has a large field of grass...I'm really starting to think GF did this exclusively for the Radar.

Try north of Jubilife.

ninjabugmaster

< Latest Shiny! ^^
I have a rather (well not really) depressing tale to tell. Dunsparce were swarming so I thought I´d chain a few, right? A lot of my chains broke so I just kept the swarm on dunsparce for a couple of days manipulating the DS time. One night, I was chaining (pretty unsuccessfully if you ask me) and I almost gave up. I tried one more chain and amazingly I got to 30, then 40, then 50 (at which point I started to get a bit shaky), then 62, then 63, then zubat. Zubat. ZUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBAAAAAAT!!!!!!! Grrrrr, I was really angry. I tried a desperate chain of zubat after that because I felt like venting my rage, plus they seemed pretty common and I wouldn´t mind a shiny pokemon that could actually use the move fly. I got to 25 but it broke.

I´ve kinda neglected diamond since then, spending my time for the most part on Mystery Dungeon Blue. I guess I would try again, but I accidentally let the day go over on my DS yesterday, and I noticed it at 00:03 (gameboy time). I was planning to chain zangoose and seviper while dunsparce were swarming because they are easier to find while it is swarming but now I can´t and I don´t have the patience to switch the days until I get dunsparce. So yeah.

Did anyone else not know that you have 50 percent of getting a shiny pokemon from the egg you get from the daycare couple in crystal? Or is this just a rumor? It makes me want to restart my crystal. Too bad you cant Transfer pokemon from 2nd to 3rd gen.

I had some more weird shiny pokemon dreams but they didn´t turn out to be predictions this time.

Congratulatoins to anyone who got a shiny pokemon since I posted on page 117 or 118, I forget. Special congrats on shiny female nidoran and shiny spiritomb, as they were the only ones that I saw so far xD

Last edited:

Zabi

Not really here.
My shiny Kyogre got deleted in the cloning process. :( I bet half the people here don't know how long it took to get it. But my brother assured me is friend was trying to get me a new one.

Two months... Anyway, nice to see you again, wish you could get on AIM. ):

*waits for gasps. not back, here to say hi. leaves again*

ninjabugmaster

< Latest Shiny! ^^
*GASP* It´s Bond Of Flames!

I thought the chances of seeing you again were worse than finding a shiny pokemon xD

Well, I read th posts from since when I last posted and I am now motivated to go shiny hunting again. I might still spend a lot of time playing mystery dungeon. That game is super addictive, can´t wait till mystery dungeon 2 comes out.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
ninjabugmaster: Sorry. :( Something similar happened to me recently. I got a decent streak with Staravia, then I found a Roselia. xD.

Also, what you're referring to is called the Shiny Ditto Glitch. Basically, you teach the Red Gyarados Mimic and trade it to your Red or Blue version. Get in a battle with a Ditto, use Mimic to learn Ditto Transform, then the Ditto will use Transform to transform into the Red Gyarados. After the Ditto uses Transform another two times, catch it! When you trade it to your Gold, Silver, or Crystal version, it will be shiny. After that, have fun breeding with the Pokemon of your choice, because the odds of getting a shiny increase in G/S/C when you breed a shiny with a normal Pokemon! :D

This DOES work. I have gotten a shiny Charmander and a shiny Chikorita in my Crystal version from this method. And no, it does NOT work on R/S/E or D/P.

ZOMG! BoF! *hugs:

Last edited:

hammy_ham_ham

Unleash your Phantom
Still natu chaining... Just had to restart a chain because of a roselia. Currently on four. *sigh*

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Heh welcome back G_L! Sorry to hear that your shiny Kyogre got deleted :( If I recall it took you around 4 months to get it right? Ouch hope you can get a bunch of shiny luck to make up for it.

Anyways I've been SRing for Giratina all the weekend. No luck with it yet. Today I also managed to find a used Pearl at EB Games so I bought it. My other pearl is still stuck Sring for a starter x__x Heh anyways to my surprise the previous file of the pearl caught a shiny Cacnea! The guy has no hacked pokemon anywhere in sight but does have a few Master balls, rare candies and some TMs in his bag, though I'm pretty sure he got them through emerald cloning. Lol I'm stll debating whether to count it in my shiny count... The guy caught it on my birthday (July 3rd) too...

Good luck to everyone on their hunts@

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Welcome back, GL! And thanks for all the congrats on Rotom! I rarely get glomped like this... o__o

I mentioned it in the D/P thread, but for those of you (if anyone) who don't check there, I caught a shiny Bronzor (just one) on the 29th on a Pokéradar chain of 30. The chain broke at 39 by Bronzor, and when all was said and done, the chain registered as a 40, suggesting that the Pokémon I encountered was part of my chain, not just a wild Breaker Pokémon who happened to be a Bronzor. Why?

Right now, I'm breeding Chikos on Emerald and waiting for a half-decent swarm to come along. Today's is Swinub and yesterday's was Skitty. I think the day before was Spoink and the day before that was Doduo. -.- Where are Absol and Beldum?

I really ought to train some of the shinies and other Pokémon I just sort of caught but left in the PC forever. I still have shiny Geodude, my two newest shinies, and a random Manaphy in line for EVing.

Canis Lupus

Yay, GL is back!

I bet you don't remember me, but I had the worst luck in the third gen. That all changed when I found a Shiny Pwnyta outside of Wayward Cave. 8D

But anywho, yes, I've been inactive. I'm just popping in to say hi to GL. I've been busy with RP'ing and such, and I just needed a break from Shiny Hunting for awhile, so that way my next shiny will be that much more special. (Which shall be another Shiny Stunky!)

Good luck to all hunts.

I know, I just got done reading it.

What's a good route to do this in?

Like FuFu said, any route with a really large patch of grass in it is perfect for Radaring. Although, route 204 North (After the little cave) doesn't have a great place to chain...

Anyway, school will start up for me soon, so because of that, I won't be hunting as much. So I've decided to try and get my targets and my secret target, in order of the National Dex number. So that means I'm searching for shiny Caterpie right now.

Xaralampos

otinanai
Talking about chains...

I improved my best chain of starly to 24!!!!! When school starts in your country? In mine it starts in one month:(

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
School starts next month for me. :/

Thanks to all who welcomed me back! :) I remember all of you, don't worry!

I have decided that I will hunt in Eterna Forest, because I have always wanted a shiny Buneary. And I know of plenty of large patches in there. ;)

Just a couple questions, though. If you follow all the rules of chaining (find a random Pokemon, go at least four spaces to another patch that shakes in the same way, etc.), are you guaranteed to find the same Pokemon? Also, are the odds of finding a shiny Pokemon affected in any way as you find more and more Pokemon? Finally, I saw that short Youtube thing that shows someone finding a shiny, and it seems like I'd confuse it for the patch that designates a rare Pokemon. So, how is it different?

mewmew202

I haven't been able to tell the difference either. THats what makes me panic and miss a pokemon breaking the chain.

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
School starts next month for me. :/

Thanks to all who welcomed me back! :) I remember all of you, don't worry!

I have decided that I will hunt in Eterna Forest, because I have always wanted a shiny Buneary. And I know of plenty of large patches in there. ;)

Just a couple questions, though. If you follow all the rules of chaining (find a random Pokemon, go at least four spaces to another patch that shakes in the same way, etc.), are you guaranteed to find the same Pokemon? Also, are the odds of finding a shiny Pokemon affected in any way as you find more and more Pokemon? Finally, I saw that short Youtube thing that shows someone finding a shiny, and it seems like I'd confuse it for the patch that designates a rare Pokemon. So, how is it different?
The higher your chain is, the higher chance you have of finding a shiny. Going to a patch that follows all the rules does NOT mean that the Pokemon in that patch will continue your chain. There is always a chance that your chain will spontaneously break.

I want a shiny Bulbasaur.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Ah, I see. So, the shiny patch would be much brighter. Thank you! ^^ And thanks to you, ShinyFufu. I was kind of confused, because my brother is a member of the Nintendo forums, and he found a thread there that says the chances of finding a shiny as you go through more and more patches are completely unaffected.

Profile, I told him about you getting a shiny Farfetch'd after a chain of 5. He said it was nothing more than sheer dumb luck. :rolleyes:

Hm, a race, huh? Sounds fun, but I'm going to have to decline, because I'm too busy reading DH at the moment. If I finish quickly, I'll race you, though. ^^

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
did you guys miss me?

well i am back with 2 new shinys a shiny riolu that i hatched lol
and a shiny uxie that i soft reseted for.

well good luck
and bye

Status
Not open for further replies.