• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Xenavire, u say u've been chainin Eevee's. Kould you tell me which area you've been doing this in? Koz i'm in the mansion and he even said there are Eevee's in his garden. I've been using the pokeradar for at least an hour and no Eevee's are koming up. Where kan i chain for Eevee's?

ninjabugmaster

< Latest Shiny! ^^
Xenavire, u say u've been chainin Eevee's. Kould you tell me which area you've been doing this in? Koz i'm in the mansion and he even said there are Eevee's in his garden. I've been using the pokeradar for at least an hour and no Eevee's are koming up. Where kan i chain for Eevee's?

Lol, if he says Eevee's are there, then they are.

You just need to look in the normal patches to find them. Don't look in the rare patches. It takes FOREVER. =P

Stitches

#1 Spinda Fan EVER
Thanks to you guys, I can't post my Shiny Pokémon Hunters Club here, oh well...

I am registered in this club, no? If I am not, I'd like to join.

Xenavire

*Merlingoose*
Well, Eevee's definitely there... I prefer the rare patches to find them.... and dont worry about it if you cant find one the day you start.... they stay there untill you have talked to backlot twice more.... (since there are 2 different pokes there at all times)

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Thanks to you guys, I can't post my Shiny Pokémon Hunters Club here, oh well...

I am registered in this club, no? If I am not, I'd like to join.
You've been a part of a club for a while. Why would your membership expire?

Anyways, you're allowed to talk about your Shiny Pokemon Hunters Club here if you want...but if that's your primary reason (I will repeat that again, primary reason) for joining, then I highly suggest you don't bother joining. We didn't come hear to read your posts advertising your club, but to discuss shiny Pokemon.

Thanks.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Anyway, I decided to start searching for a shiny Diaruga.

My luck has still been terrible with the Pokeradar. I'm wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I've read so many different guides, and perhaps I'm getting confused. The way I was doing it worked fine, but my chains are starting to break more often.

Anyway, I'll see if I can make a video on my other non-radar shinies.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
SRing for shiny Treecko tonight. I've done 10000 SR's since seeing the shiny Poochyena and I don't have shiny Treecko yet. I'll be able to do at least 3+ hours worth of SRing tonight. Hopefully Treecko will be shiny tonight.

Did a few SR's for shiny Uxie again today as well, but didn't get very far, only about 50 or so SR's.

I'm attempting to chain for shiny Eevee in the Trophy Garden tonight as well. I got up to 15 today before it broke to a Staravia.

Congrats to new shinies everyone. SHINE for me Treecko, SHINE.

EDIT: Caught a shiny Eevee at a chain of 30, broke it at 38. It is a Bashful male with Runaway.

Last edited:

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Hey, everyone -- congrats (as always) to the new shinies...

Anyone notice that Pokemon.com has a silhouette of a Darkrai with the caption "who is this Pokemon?" Maybe there will be a promo Darkrai in the US soon? Anyone know? Has anyone here gotten or know of a legit English promo shiny (such as Manaphy from the TRU, or Electivire from the PBF)?

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
My swarm was Snorunt today, but I can't see in that blasted blizzard so I'm not going to even try. I'll just wait until tomorrow to see what my next swarm is.

Xenavire

*Merlingoose*
wel im up to 8 of 9 shinies im collecting for my G/F today.... 8 eeves and 1 mareep is the plan, 1 eevee left :D

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I got a Feraligatr with flawless HP, Atk, Def, and Speed in a trade last night. After I level it up to 63 (it's at 56 right now, I believe), I will go on a bit of a Ditto excursion for an Adamant one with flawless IVs in the correct places. Then I will begin breeding for a shiny Totodile.

So, as of right now...I'm not really shiny hunting. Just preparing for it.

Good luck, everyone.

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Hey, everyone -- congrats (as always) to the new shinies...

Anyone notice that Pokemon.com has a silhouette of a Darkrai with the caption "who is this Pokemon?" Maybe there will be a promo Darkrai in the US soon? Anyone know? Has anyone here gotten or know of a legit English promo shiny (such as Manaphy from the TRU, or Electivire from the PBF)?

Yeah I heard about the darkrai, it'll probably be released once the 10th movie comes out. Blah this one I can't miss, but I'll have to get to the states if its given out in TRU's again. I might have to find someone to send a spare cart to if I can't go lol. Haven't heard of anyone getting a Gift shiny, but then again I don't think anyone tries that much.

Anyways spent yesterday hunting Palkia and Treecko. 6 hours for palkia and 4.5 hours for treecko but no luck. I also started hunting Steelix yesterday on diamond, searched for an hour and it failed to show up obviously :p. Anyways today if I feel like it I may decide to chain something. Good luck to everyone hunting!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Been SRing for shiny Treecko this morning, about 600 SR's since last night and the ones I've done this morning. I'm currently changing my ID in Ruby, so I can get back to Treecko there.

I have a question to ask you guys. Should I keep my ID that I have on Sapphire, or save and get another secret ID, or change my ID. Its been 10600 SR's since seeing the shiny Poochyena, and I haven't seen shiny Treecko. I'm beginning to think that shiny Poochyena was a fluke, the luck I had then is gone.

I want to know your opinions, before I decide on what I should do.

Congrats to new shinies.

DieChavsDie

I havent got any Promo Pokemon Shinies, but I was the person BEHIND a person that got a Shiny Mew at the Pokemon Summer Camp Last Year.

Within about 5 minutes (So whilst I was getting my 3 Mew), he'd traded it for a Level 100 Charizard. What a n00b. I hated that guy.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
My curse broke. =D

Yesterday I was chaining: Minun, Clefairy, and Roselia. All of those chained failed. However, I decided to keep on chaining Roselia. A Starivia must have broken my chain around 6 times. I managed to get a good chain going around 1:00 A.M. Anyway, I managed to get to a chain of 39. I decided to stop at 39, and I started to reset the radar. I managed to get a shiny Roselia after a few resets. I wanted a female one, but it was male.
I'll post a picture of it later. I went to sleep late chaining. >8[

Last edited:

Afriscot

It's Mime Time!
I have a question to ask you guys. Should I keep my ID that I have on Sapphire, or save and get another secret ID, or change my ID. Its been 10600 SR's since seeing the shiny Poochyena, and I haven't seen shiny Treecko. I'm beginning to think that shiny Poochyena was a fluke, the luck I had then is gone.

I want to know your opinions, before I decide on what I should do.

I say continue as is for the rest of this month.
If it doesn't appear as a Shiny by the end of this month, then change your ID.
Not that I know anything really about this stuff... =p

After having a late night SR-fest in Pearl and LeafGreen lastnight, I finally reached one of my Shiny goals: to obtain a Shiny Starter! ^_^
It happened sometime around 12:30 and it was a Shiny Male Calm Natured Squirtle in LeafGreen. =)
Calm's a good Nature for Blastoise (or at least Serebii's Pokemon of the Day entry for Blastoise seems to agree), but unfortunately my Shiny Squirtle has a VERY bad Special Attack IVs (even it's Speed and Attack IVs are higher). =/
Oh, well... I'm just glad I finally have a Shiny Starter now. =)
I've already restarted LeafGreen and I'm currently after a Shiny Charmander now.

As for Pearl, my SR target in that game (Combee), didn't appear as a Shiny before the Honey Tree became "inactive" again. =/
However, Combee's back again (two days in a row! =p ) today, so I'm making another attempt at SRing for a Shiny Combee while I SR in LG for a Shiny Charmander.
I doubt that either game will produce another Shiny today, but I'll try to remain hopeful.

Good luck to everyone else on their Shiny hunts, and congrats on any new Shinies caught. =)

ninjabugmaster

< Latest Shiny! ^^
I havent got any Promo Pokemon Shinies, but I was the person BEHIND a person that got a Shiny Mew at the Pokemon Summer Camp Last Year.

Within about 5 minutes (So whilst I was getting my 3 Mew), he'd traded it for a Level 100 Charizard. What a n00b. I hated that guy.

I hate when stuff like that happens. Annoys the bajeebers out of me xD

I haven't been shiny hunting lately, but I think that I'm gonna find a random target today and search for it.....hmmmm, maybe lotad? I have to EV train in Sp.Def anyways lol

Three-day weekend =P

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I say continue as is for the rest of this month.
If it doesn't appear as a Shiny by the end of this month, then change your ID.
Not that I know anything really about this stuff... =p

After having a late night SR-fest in Pearl and LeafGreen lastnight, I finally reached one of my Shiny goals: to obtain a Shiny Starter! ^_^
It happened sometime around 12:30 and it was a Shiny Male Calm Natured Squirtle in LeafGreen. =)
Calm's a good Nature for Blastoise (or at least Serebii's Pokemon of the Day entry for Blastoise seems to agree), but unfortunately my Shiny Squirtle has a VERY bad Special Attack IVs (even it's Speed and Attack IVs are higher). =/
Oh, well... I'm just glad I finally have a Shiny Starter now. =)
I've already restarted LeafGreen and I'm currently after a Shiny Charmander now.

As for Pearl, my SR target in that game (Combee), didn't appear as a Shiny before the Honey Tree became "inactive" again. =/
However, Combee's back again (two days in a row! =p ) today, so I'm making another attempt at SRing for a Shiny Combee while I SR in LG for a Shiny Charmander.
I doubt that either game will produce another Shiny today, but I'll try to remain hopeful.

Good luck to everyone else on their Shiny hunts, and congrats on any new Shinies caught. =)

Congrats on your shiny Squirtle Afriscot, at least some one got their shiny starter. My shiny Squirtle is Modest and male, so thats not bad either.

Thanks for the opinion too, I might do just that, thanks. I'll see what everyone else thinks first.

I'm SRing for shiny Treecko in Sapphire right now, up to 10900 SR's since seeing the shiny Poochyena. I hope that I can get one of my shiny targets soon.

Last edited:

Cammi

fly away
I haven't chained lately. Mostly because I've been focusing on my SR'ing targets. It's gonna be a week since I started hunting shiny Azelf and probably a month since I started going after Torchic. They'll shine soon, pretty soonahljkshdflhñadfhg. >O

And congratulations on everyone's newest captures.

Status
Not open for further replies.