• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheer.I

YAY! I finally got the hang of chaining. I was also able to get a shiny miltank when I got my chain of 40, then I continued chaining for more shinies but to no avail.

I broke my chain at 49 by doing the stupidest thing, moving my character up without noticing that the patch of grass above me shook. ALMOST at 50!!!

But either way I got my shiny Miltank and I'm happy :) I named her Glitter :p

She has a naughty nature and was carrying some Moomoo Milk :)

I'm so happy ;241;

Cammi

fly away
Using a laptop at Mexico right now. I couldn't inform that I was going away before because the forums died on me. -__-

Anyway, Mexico is the land of shinies. Officially. During the nights I have nothing better to do than chaining, and I've managed to get a nice amounts of shinies I've always wanted.

1. One shiny, male Buneary (YES! Male one!!asdjfhk).
2. Two shiny, male Electrikes.
3. One shiny, female Gloom (Now a Bellossom).
4. One shiny, female Skitty.
5. Three shiny, female Vulpix.
6. One shiny, female Snorunt.
7. Six shiny Larvitars. Three males and three females, I think (the chain is still going).

All my chains have gotten up to forty the first try in just a matter of TWO days. O_O I'll provide pictures of all of 'em later when I get back to my country, seeing as my digital camera is not installed on this laptop and the installing CD is in my country.

That being said, I'll try my luck hatching Riolu eggs and SR'ing for shiny Uxie.

Congratz on any newest captures and good luck to those hunters who are still looking for their targets. See ya!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Been chaining for shiny Eevee since yesterday morning. My second chain got to 40, where I caught 21 shiny Eevee as a result :D. There are 17 males and 4 females. It is the most shinies I've gotten on a single chain now, beating Miltank by 5 shinies :).

Here are the natures of the Eevee I caught:

Quiet X 2
Bold X 2
Naughty X 2
Naive X 2
Modest X 2
Hasty X 2
Impish X 2
Sassy
Hardy
Gentle
Docile
Brave
Bashful
Mild

I also beat a chain record, this is the most I've gotten on a chain from the Trophy Garden:

Shiny Record

Seeing as I've caught that many Eevee, I don't think I'll be chaining for a while so I can focus on my SRing targets instead, mainly Bulbasaur and Uxie/Chimchar.

I've been SRing for shiny Bulbasaur in FireRed lately, but haven't gotten a shiny one. I'm giving up hope that I'll ever get a shiny Bulbasaur, its been 4 months and a week since I've been after it. I do hope to get it soon so I can finish the shiny Kanto starter trio.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

EDIT: Here's the IV's of the best shiny Eevee:

#4: Mild: 29 - 31 / 18 - 23 / 17 - 22 / 22 - 26 / 9 - 14 / 24 - 28
#5: Quiet: 0 - 1 / 0 - 1 / 12 - 16 / 27 - 31 / 26 - 31 / 24 - 28
#6: Naughty: 24 - 28 / 18 - 23 / 6 - 11 / 22 - 26 / 26 - 31 / 24 - 28
#8: Brave: 24 - 28 / 13 - 17 / 28 - 31 / 22 - 26 / 26 - 31 / 2 - 6
#9: Naïve: 24 - 28 / 7 - 12 / 23 - 27 / 27 - 31 / 9 - 19 / 24 - 28
#10: Modest: 29 - 31 / 18 - 23 / 23 - 27 / 22 - 26 / 4 - 8 / 13 - 17
#15: Sassy: 7 - 12 / 18 - 23 / 23 - 27 / 22 - 26 / 20 - 25 / 13 - 17
#18: Naughty: 18 - 23 / 29 - 31 / 17 - 22 / 0 - 4 / 4 - 8 / 18 - 23

Now I gotta figure out which Eevee to evolve into which evolution XD

Last edited:

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
I'd like to join, please! Hopefully, I'll get a shiny Skorupi (My first Diamond shiny, yay!) sometime soon.

Welcome to the club!

Lots of people with new chained shinies posted in the past few hours - congratulations to all of you.

Sheer.I, congrats to you too, on your first successful chain. By the way, all Miltank have Moomoo milk.

Back to studying...

Cammi

fly away
I've heard about this very lucky yet very unlucky event, only that I never knew I'd experience it. ;_;

I was looking for the 7th shiny Larvitar, and on one radar reset, TWO shiny patches showed up! One on the corner and the other one sorrounded by grass. I obvously went for the latter...

This happened just ten minutes ago...

Man... I'm kinda happy for my 7th shiny Larvitar, but at the same time frustrated because of the other lost shiny. Bleh, hopefully I'll never have to experience this again...

And I'm still chaining them. I have 8 now. And congrats on those many shiny Eevees, S_D! GIMME NOW D:< [/kidding]

Dragonking

Congrats on the shinies. I've slowed down considerably in my shiny endeavours and I just finished the 6th Gym in Ruby. I should be at Groudon in a few days when I can start SRing for him. I reset for Palkia once in awhile and haven't bothered with Latios and Mewtwo. On the chaining side I don't know what I would want next, maybe Swablu if time becomes available. Good luck on those hard hunts.

Raro

Still chaining those Gastly :(
And hunting down for that shiny Magikarp.

DieChavsDie

YAY!

Yesterday was my lucky day.

I chained Ralts yesterday, catching all the Synchronizers I could (Hadnt had any Synchronizers before), and I got to 40. Decided to reset for a while, and got a Docile Male Shiny Ralts. Then continued the chain, getting some more Synchronizers until it broke in the 60s.

The Syncher's include 2 Adamant, a Modest, a Impish and a Naive. (The best natures). There were a load of Neutral natures though.

And then, with the Modest Synchronizer, I decided to go chain my main Pokeradar target. I was in the Garden chaining away, and got to 40 (A feet id not managed with this pokemon), and started resetting. Finally found a Shiny.

dpmfsa137.png

Yup! I caught a Shiny Porygon after months of trying.

Kept resetting, getting 2 more Porygon, before the chain broke (to a Porygon) when I forgot to switch the Ralts out of the first posistion in my party.

Their natures are Hasty, Mild and Rash (No Modest :( ), which arent bad natures for the Porygon line. Gonna check their IVs later.

Afriscot

It's Mime Time!
Congrats on finally getting a Shiny Porygon, DieChavsDie. =)
Porygon is one of the few Trophy Garden Pokemon that I still need a Shiny of.

I'm not chaining today since I'm EV training my Shiny Floatzel today.
I do plan on SRing for a Shiny Rotom as soon as I'm done training him, though.

Good luck to everyone else in their Shiny hunts. =)

Shiny Dialga

G/S Remake! :) :)
Congrats DCD! I remember when I finally got my shiny Porygon. It only took about 3 weeks of SRing in LG. Yes, SRing. It's pretty special to me.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Congrats, Cammi and DCD. Cammi, I had the two simultaneous shiny patches twice now. I don't see it as a bad thing, though.

Anyone know anything about Darkrai yet? Darkrai.com still has no useful information.

On the shiny side of things, I got a new Ruby shiny yesterday (taking a break from studying) - Magikarp. Took about 1500 or so Sweet Scents in Sootopolis. Gentle, with poor to average IVs. Still, at least I finally can have the shiny Gyarados that we all feel entitled to have since Gold and Silver!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I've been SRing for shiny Bulbasaur in FireRed mostly in my games. It still hasn't appeared yet, much to my annoyance, making me wonder if it will show up at all. SRing for my other 3rd gen shiny targets on my other DS as well.

I also did a few SR's for shiny Chimchar in Diamond, but have no success with that either. I haven't SR'd for shiny Uxie in a while, so I might get some of that done tonight.

I think I figured out which shiny Eevee I'm evolving into what evolution. The evolution is listed at the end:

#4: Mild: 29 - 31 / 18 - 23 / 17 - 22 / 22 - 26 / 9 - 14 / 24 - 28: Jolteon
#5: Quiet: 0 - 1 / 0 - 1 / 12 - 16 / 27 - 31 / 26 - 31 / 24 - 28: Espeon
#6: Naughty: 24 - 28 / 18 - 23 / 6 - 11 / 22 - 26 / 26 - 31 / 24 - 28: Glaceon
#8: Brave: 24 - 28 / 13 - 17 / 28 - 31 / 22 - 26 / 26 - 31 / 2 - 6: Umbreon
#9: Naïve: 24 - 28 / 7 - 12 / 23 - 27 / 27 - 31 / 9 - 19 / 24 - 28: Vaporeon
#10: Modest: 29 - 31 / 18 - 23 / 23 - 27 / 22 - 26 / 4 - 8 / 13 - 17: Eevee
#15: Sassy: 7 - 12 / 18 - 23 / 23 - 27 / 22 - 26 / 20 - 25 / 13 - 17: Flareon
#18: Naughty: 18 - 23 / 29 - 31 / 17 - 22 / 0 - 4 / 4 - 8 / 18 - 23: Leafeon

Any ideas or opinions would be great.

Congrats on the shiny Porygon DCD, as well as other new shinies.

Raro

Congrats on all New Shinys and good luck with Hunts :D

I've only fished about 130 Magikarps and no luck getting a Shiny.

I've been fishing in between,
Chaining Gastly (even though I already have 2 shinys :) I want the whole family.) ,
Hatching Shroomish (non-shiny just one with good nature and IVs) ,
Doing Homework
and of course,
Fishing Magikarps.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Shiny Ditto, I tried fishing Magikarp and had no luck (though I fished up a shiny Horsea once on FR). Try using Sweet Scent on the Sootopolis lake - it's much faster and easier than fishing.

Right now I'm using the same Ruby which gave me shiny Zigzagoon and shiny Magikarp in less than 50 hours of game play to Sweet Scent in the desert - who knows? Maybe it has a "lucky" ID and will give me a shiny Trapinch. Maybe not. I should be studying instead of playing...

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I forgot to mention both of my new shinies.

Out of sheer boredom, I chained shiny Zigzagoons and ended up with one that I nicknamed Slash. It is currently a Linoone. ^^

And, while mass capturing Dittos to use for breeding, I ran into a shiny Shellos and caught it. Unfortunately, I haven't even nicknamed it yet, because nicknaming a male Shellos is like nicknaming a female Onix. Hard. Suggestions are welcome! :D

I apologize for my constant inactivity, but I've been busy with school, and my interests keep fluctuating. Don't know when I'll chain again.

Raro

Shiny Ditto, I tried fishing Magikarp and had no luck (though I fished up a shiny Horsea once on FR). Try using Sweet Scent on the Sootopolis lake - it's much faster and easier than fishing.

Right now I'm using the same Ruby which gave me shiny Zigzagoon and shiny Magikarp in less than 50 hours of game play to Sweet Scent in the desert - who knows? Maybe it has a "lucky" ID and will give me a shiny Trapinch. Maybe not. I should be studying instead of playing...

K Thanks :) I'll try that.

DieChavsDie

Had a pretty lucky, and unlucky, day yesterday too.

Was chaining Kricketot as a bit of fun (Not expecting it to go very far, as it has a low chance and Phanpy was swarming on the route). Got to 40, and kept resetting for ages. No shiny patch.

I gave up, and left it in sleep mode, came back at 8 oclock and got a Shiny quickly, but it was on the edge and broke the chain. Its Male and Lax.

Then I was chaining Phanpy, getting it to 40 quickly. Reset, and very quickly found a Shiny (Making sure to switch my Impish Syncronizer to the front).

Got another shiny just after 12.

Then, when I found the 3rd shiny patch, I was in the patch next to it, so I switched my Ralts to the front (Its level 5, so I couldnt keep it there), turned whilst in my patch, and the chain was broken by Geodude.

Anyways, I got a Male and Female Shiny Phanpy, and both are Impish :D:D

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Congratulations to everyone that got a new shiny.

I've decided to soft reset for a shiny Giratina on Diamond. I've never soft reset for it before...maybe I'll get it quickly. I have a pretty good plan for catching it, too. I'm leading off with a Focus Sash Smeargle, so that I am guaranteed to hit it with Foresight. Afterwards, I'll just alternate between Yawn, Super Fang, False Swipe, Hypnosis, Reflects, and Light Screens from my Bibarel, Scizor, and Bronzong until I can catch it (the shiny Giratina) in a Great Ball. :D

Good luck, everyone.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Congratulations to everyone that got a new shiny.

I've decided to soft reset for a shiny Giratina on Diamond. I've never soft reset for it before...maybe I'll get it quickly. I have a pretty good plan for catching it, too. I'm leading off with a Focus Sash Smeargle, so that I am guaranteed to hit it with Foresight. Afterwards, I'll just alternate between Yawn, Super Fang, False Swipe, Hypnosis, Reflects, and Light Screens from my Bibarel, Scizor, and Bronzong until I can catch it (the shiny Giratina) in a Great Ball. :D

Good luck, everyone.

I'm pretty sure False Swipe and Superfang won't help you - Giratina is Ghost-type and immune to Normal-type moves. My plan was to whittle away its HP with a Hippowdon's Sand Stream, then switch in Kyogre when Giratina gets into the red zone. That strategy worked well for my when catching Kyogre and Regice in R/S/E.

Welome back, G_L! And congrats to all new shinies, as always! ...My big test is tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.