• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I've started colosseum and have done a few SR's for espeon and umbreon, but its a little tiresome so i may just skip it. Especially since i've just got my Wii today, in preperation for pokemon ranch. < Also i've still yet to buy PBR, so i'll be looking forward to that as well. Does anyone know if shininess is set on Electivire/Magmortar/pikachu from PBR.

Still busy hatching Cyndaquil eggs, but no shinies :(

What was your first shiny legend?

Well my first was shiny Groudon in Ruby(no SRing required, it was shiny first time), which i then subsequently lost, due to me restarting, but it was avenged about a year later, and it only took 50 SR's to get it that time around.

Your confusing me with someone else I joined awhile ago so I AM A MEMBER! So I have no idea what your talking about.

Ineed you are a member - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=8112380&postcount=7268

Last edited:

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Lol S_D you'll get manaphy in no time :p couple months back I was also hunting it, did about 200 hatches before I switched back to Azelf on diamond. Should try for it again as my plans for Onix/Steelix hunting have to be put on hold. Forgot I can't go back to Iron Island since I haven't done the Cresselia part on my diamond. I want to save that for Sring for cresselia especially on that diamond since its my luckiest, so Onix/Steelix will have to wait till I beat Pearl and can get a poke with magnet pull.

Anyways I just hit the jackpot on ebay. I just found a Jpn Celebi Colosseum Bonus Disc on ebay, Buy it now for $120, and I took it. Yeah expensive up the wazoo, so its more like I spent a jackpot on ebay lol, but I've been after this thing for eternity. Some on yahoo japan auctions were asking equivalent of $98 US and seen others regularly sell for equivalent of $70 US, so with middleman fees I probably would've had to pay $100+ US anyways if I had gone through the major hassle of yahoo japan auctions. But actually finding one on ebay, I'm stunned. First time I've ever seen it up lol. Not sure which version I'm getting since seller only showed the envelope, but I don't care really since the only difference is the demos of games. I Just want it xD Won't be able to use it till I get Jpn Colo and Jpn R/S/E but I can get those later with little trouble. This bonus disc is the ultimate collector's item, and maybe in the future I will hard reset for a shiny celebi...

Oh yeah my 1st shiny legend was Registeel, actually first 3rd gen shiny I got too. It was the best, it only came after 20 or less SRs and on July 2nd, one day before my birthday of July 3rd.

Last edited:

Ubernational

Top coordinator
Okay...lets just forget the last post by me, because I dont even understand what I was talking about(arghh confused).

The reason I want to join is because I do a lot of breeding and chaining.

Im hatching Croagunk eggs at the moment but with no luck with shinies.
Also im trying to get a Heatran by soft resetting.( I did battle one but it got knocked out by a stupid critical hit)

ScorpionX

820 eggs so far
Your confusing me with someone else I joined awhile ago so I AM A MEMBER! So I have no idea what your talking about.

Please accpet my most profuse apologies, i must have skipped over that post, welcome to the club anyway, even if it was a bit late *heh*

That was my mistake, won't happen again :redface:

You don't have to answer a "why" question with a "because" answer. I already stated it after I said I wanted to join

Read between the lines, will ya?

Wow, guess i'm not allowed to make mistakes now am i, how silly of me :rolleyes: there was no need to be rude though.

I'll ask zabi to add both names to the list later

Ubernational, sorry to be a pain in the *** here, but you're still missing something, just go back adn read the first post and you should see what it is, also sorry to hear about knocking out a shiny heatran, i hope you get it again soon. (it's one of my future targets so if you still don't have it when i start resetting for it i'll race ya)

Hey D_S, won't you need a freeloader to use the bouns disk too?

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
First off, I'd like to say that if any of you are capable of shiny hunting for Manaphy, you should definitely go for it. I'm still beating up myself for accidentally saving I got a normal Manaphy so long ago...

Also, D_S, good job on getting the Bonus Disk!

Well, today marks one year since my last soft reset shiny in the 4th Gen...I'm hoping I'll get lucky and get Turtwig today, but I doubt that'll happen. *sigh*

Off-topic, I know, but if you have Super Smash Bros. Brawl, gimme your Friend Code and get on Wi-Fi NOW!!!

Ubernational

Top coordinator
Ubernational, sorry to be a pain in the *** here, but you're still missing something, just go back adn read the first post and you should see what it is, also sorry to hear about knocking out a shiny heatran, i hope you get it again soon. (it's one of my future targets so if you still don't have it when i start resetting for it i'll race ya)
Its okay. I have edited now, I hope its what its missing(fingers crossed).

If not, is it the word "please"? I have not felt this stupid since I got my head trapped in a fence.

Ill happily accept your Heatran race. I think its going to take a long time to get it again(500 resets at the moment).

ScorpionX

820 eggs so far
Its okay. I have edited now, I hope its what its missing(fingers crossed).

If not, is it the word "please"? I have not felt this stupid since I got my head trapped in a fence.

Ill happily accept your Heatran race. I think its going to take a long time to get it again(500 resets at the moment).

Not quite, i'll give you a clue, it's directly underneath rule 12.

And i wanna hear more about you getting your head trapped in a fence :D (no offense meant there, it just sounds funny)

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Ubernational, read the first page carefully. But be aware, once you join, you already have TWO Warnings.

Rachmat19, welcome to the Club. English isn't my first language either (sort of) - my parents are both European, and since my Dad died, we may speak English or German at home.

I've still not gotten any SR'd shinies from 4th gen, but my first SR'd shiny was my first Kyogre. Took me 4 months.

Cell

Infernal Informality
What was your first shiny legend?
Rayquaza on my Emerald.

I'm still hatching Magikarps, no luck so far. :(

Shouldn't have traded that Shiny one for the Latias and my friend doesn't want to reverse the trade either.
Tried to chain a few Shinx, but the highest I've gotten to is 22, I don'tk now why, but it ALWAYS breaks at 22...

Ubernational

Top coordinator
Not quite, i'll give you a clue, it's directly underneath rule 12.

And i wanna hear more about you getting your head trapped in a fence :D (no offense meant there, it just sounds funny)

Done that now:D I just skimmed through the rules the first time.

Okay, none taken:) well I was talking on my mobile phone(cellphone if your Americano) and out of nowhere a bird swoops out from nowhere and scares the S**t out of me. So of course my phone goes flying over this massive fence. I then thought it would be a good idea to stick my head and arms in the gap of the fence to get it. Bad idea. Im now stuck in this fence shouting for help and then this guy who hates me walks past and pulls my pants down. It gets better though two hours later I have to get cut out by firemen, and all the neighbourhood are now watching. The first thing I get asked is why my pants were down. The most embrassing thing to ever happen to me was that day and I it has always haunted me.

It was pretty funny looking back:D

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Ubernational, welcome to the club. When did that story take place? Pretty funny... Still, as funny as it is, try to make sure every post has something about shinies in the post - this is the Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club, so we try to keep posts relevant, OK?

Ubernational

Top coordinator
Thanks DarkDragon. It was one about one year,im dreading its anniversary. My friends are planning a "party" for it. Ok ill try and keep it on shiny talk. I was wondering if I chained for a shiny Nincada, would I get a shiny Shedninja when it evolved.

Also do people prefer to leave there shinys untouched or train them up? I like to do both.

ScorpionX

820 eggs so far
Thanks DarkDragon. It was one about one year,im dreading its anniversary. My friends are planning a "party" for it. Ok ill try and keep it on shiny talk. I was wondering if I chained for a shiny Nincada, would I get a shiny Shedninja when it evolved.

Also do people prefer to leave there shinys untouched or train them up? I like to do both.

You'll get a shiny shedinja too, but only if you have a normal pokeball in yoru bag and a spare slot in your team.

I like to train them, but i normally end up catching them and just leaving them in the box for ungodly amounts of time.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Depending on the Pokemon, I like to EV train and evolve my shinies. With the case of Whismur, when I get a shiny one it will stay as a Whismur.

Most of my evolved shinies are the ones I needed to trade over from one game to my main Diamond one, so I could start them over and hunt for other shinies. Or they are my battlers, breeders, etc.

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Oh, my first legendary shiny was Rayquaza! I got in August...24th? Yeah, August 24th, 2006. You wouldn't believe how ecstatic I was when I first saw it on my Ruby version. Then I caught it, and it's nature was Jolly!

Gosh...I just realized how much I love my shiny Rayquaza. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I prefer to train my shinies, but like ScorpionX, I've been leaving them in the box untrained lately. Training really bores me...so I often put off training them. I have about 5 or 6 shinies to train, though, so I'll try to train them soon.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Oh, my first legendary shiny was Rayquaza! I got in August...24th? Yeah, August 24th, 2006. You wouldn't believe how ecstatic I was when I first saw it on my Ruby version. Then I caught it, and it's nature was Jolly!

Gosh...I just realized how much I love my shiny Rayquaza. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I prefer to train my shinies, but like ScorpionX, I've been leaving them in the box untrained lately. Training really bores me...so I often put off training them. I have about 5 or 6 shinies to train, though, so I'll try to train them soon.

ninjabugmaster

< Latest Shiny! ^^
Well, I usually leave my shinies untouched, but I'm considering going through and finishing getting them all to their final evolved forms. Most of my shinies have crappy natures anyways, so you could probably call them trophy shinies. There are a few exceptions, though, such as my Modest Lunatone, my Adamant Dugtrio, and a couple others that I can't name off of the top of my head at the moment =P

Started a hoppip chain, but I'm going to an end of the school year party soon, so I'll have to put that off until later. For now, DS goes into sleep mode and onto the charger ^^

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Okay, none taken:) well I was talking on my mobile phone(cellphone if your Americano) and out of nowhere a bird swoops out from nowhere and scares the S**t out of me. So of course my phone goes flying over this massive fence. I then thought it would be a good idea to stick my head and arms in the gap of the fence to get it. Bad idea. Im now stuck in this fence shouting for help and then this guy who hates me walks past and pulls my pants down. It gets better though two hours later I have to get cut out by firemen, and all the neighbourhood are now watching. The first thing I get asked is why my pants were down. The most embrassing thing to ever happen to me was that day and I it has always haunted me.

It was pretty funny looking back:D
Woah that is embarassing...
I would have broken the guys teeth if he pulled my pants down!
It must have sucked big time man.
Anyways, WELCOME haha.
So far no shiny update from over here, I'm soon going to start hunting again.

dcba4321

Hi everyone. I posted yesterday to ask if i could join the club, and no one has approved me yet. Someone posted after me, and they got approved. I was wondering if I could be too.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I could never raise my shinies, they mean too much to me, their like my reason for living :p.

Seriously though, i think the only reason i would have to raise a shiny would be if it were a starter, as i would need to beat my rival in order to trade it my storage game.

I managed to do some more SR's for colo, but i'm just gonna stick with what i got now, as the opening scene is just too long for my liking.

Also, has anyone found out if TRU darkrai is SRable, shiny wise. As it would be interesting to know, especially if/when it gets a UK release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.