• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubernational

Top coordinator
shiny update- I just got a Ditto and a Pineco by accident. I was chaning the both for good ivs and the they just appeared after 5 chains for the Ditto and 20 for the Pineco. I was so happy! Working on getting all the johto starters shiny.

Though break DragonKing. I keep dropping my DS but so far it seems indestructible.

Silver6

Mr. 0
Hey everyone sorry for being so inactive lately I've been busy.

I am currently SR'ing for a Shiny Magnemite. I want to get every Shiny that has appeared in the anime. I might try to also SR for a Shiny Butterfree because there was a pink one in the anime (even though the Pink Butterfree doesn't really count as a Shiny). Wish me luck.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Well I started my secret shiny breeding project today. I got the Pokemon I needed to breed, so I'm now hatching the eggs. I have 20 eggs hatched so far, and I already have 5 more in my party ready to hatch. I hope that this shiny will not take me over 9 months like shiny Charmander did.

I also did a few resets for shiny Charmander in FireRed this morning, as well as hunting for a shiny Tangela again. I haven't been after Tangela in a while, so I sort of forgot the encounters ^^;. I might SR for shiny Regice later on as well.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Okay a few things. I was able to buy a new DS. Surprisingly the price hasn't dropped. It's Crimson Red and Black.

In shiny news I was going to chain for a shiny Oddish in a sparkle patch. Well Bellsprout came so I tried to chain for a shiny one. After a chain of 33, shiny patch. I didn't have my camera with me at the time but here's a pic.

Summary

It's quiet nature female. I caught it in a Luxury ball first try.

Edit: I also spent some time SRing for Bulbasaur and Charmander at the same time. Hopefully one shiny will come soon.

I'm letting my Emerald stay on for a few minutes to let the RNG change and doing some SR's for Lugia based off of MM's research.

I also hatched about 50 Yanma eggs on Diamond1, after I got Bellsprout, with no luck there.
So is mine. o_O

Nice one! Victreebel's a neat shiny, and I would know that. I love my Venus. ;)

I am currently SR'ing for a Shiny Magnemite. I want to get every Shiny that has appeared in the anime. I might try to also SR for a Shiny Butterfree because there was a pink one in the anime (even though the Pink Butterfree doesn't really count as a Shiny). Wish me luck.
Yeah, that'll amount to be pretty much everyone but Porygon 2 (and maybe PorygonZ, too. Shame. They're cool shinies, too). You're going to need luck. :p

shinyhunter011

shiny hunter
shinyhunter011, you got a lag-related double post there - please delete one copy (it happens to me a lot, also).

Why hatch Poliwag? Isn't it easier to SweetScent for it in LG? I got mine surfing LG when I didn't know about shiny hunting (either Poliwag in LG or Sandshrew in Ruby was my first shiny - I don't remember which!).

well i heard theres a place in sinnoh where only poliwag and poliwhirl came out. You know the water in he sand place. i might check it out but in the game kinda busy ^^

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Latest (SR)
Why hatch Poliwag? Isn't it easier to SweetScent for it in LG? I got mine surfing LG when I didn't know about shiny hunting (either Poliwag in LG or Sandshrew in Ruby was my first shiny - I don't remember which!).

Meh I feel like a hatching race. Also ShinyHunter, you are more than welcome to join the race. I am going to start now and with 10 days of no school ahead of me I have lots of time. Not sure if i will count eggs while i hatch or just keep a record in the TV station.

Good Luck all.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I think I just found the powerful Moltres I wanted. Whew! I'm glad I managed to avoid a shiny one. If ShinyFufu says this one is alright, I'll move on to continue my team building. This will be rather time consuming, so I probably will run into another shiny. And when if I do, you all can be sure that I will be here, with pictures hopefully. :)

Once this team is done, I will try my luck at shiny hunting again. In fact, I already have a target in mind.

So, I wish you all luck with your shiny hunts, nice talking to all of you, and bye bye for now! :p

Shredder2

The Shiny Collector!
I, Shredder2, hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them always.
I have decided to join because I like to share my thoughts on shinies and love to socialize to others about my hunts for shinies.

Dragonking

Welcome grassland.

Zigzagoon swarm today. I may go for one, I don't have a shiny one yet. Good luck on your hunts

Rai Rai

The Playful Ancient
I GOT TWO SHINY EEVEE TODAY!!! I got up to a chain of 45 and found both of them 30 minutes after that!!! I'm going back and chaining again now, as they're both males and I want females (I hate the percentage thing) I'm also getting one for my friend tomorrow (we're both going to the Deoxys event and the seeing a movie!)
One was caught a level 18 and has a naughty nature. The other was caught at level 19 and has a calm nature. I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!
Wish me the luck that I'm wishing you all now on your hunts!

Dragonking

Well after chains breaking at 38 and 29 for Zigzagoon I decided to work on the pokedex for Diamond1. I also evolved Bellsprout to Weepinbell. Tonight I'm going to continue SRing for Bulbasaur, Charmander, Darkrai, Treecko, and Torchic. Shine for me.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Roserade(caught as Roselia of course)
Rash nature
Caught at level 29, Route 221

My first shiny caught on Pearl.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I GOT TWO SHINY EEVEE TODAY!!! I got up to a chain of 45 and found both of them 30 minutes after that!!! I'm going back and chaining again now, as they're both males and I want females (I hate the percentage thing) I'm also getting one for my friend tomorrow (we're both going to the Deoxys event and the seeing a movie!)
One was caught a level 18 and has a naughty nature. The other was caught at level 19 and has a calm nature. I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!
Wish me the luck that I'm wishing you all now on your hunts!

Sorry but i don't believe you, when chaining any pokemon, you always face the same levelled pokemon, so you can't get a level 19 shiny eevee from the same chain as a level 18 shiny eevee. People ask why there chains break even when they encounter the pokemon their chaining, this is one of the reasons.

Also none of trophy garden pokemon can be caught at level 19, so you can see why i don't believe you.

Now onto my hunt, well today is floon friday, so i've decided to spend the day(possibly weekend as well), SRing for a shiny drifloon. I've only got one SRable shiny ever, and that was groudon, so i'm hoping lady luck will shine, and i'll get my second SRable shiny.

Last edited:

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Latest (SR)
Hey all.

I began my Poliwag hunt last night hatching a few eggs before i went to bed. I have decided not to care about IV's/Nature and just hatch as fast as i can. Palkia will be my main target for today. I may also chain something. Don't know what yet.

I also had a rematch of a shiny battle with ScorpionX last night (We had a battle before but the recording of it went missing). I will post the video up later today.

Good Luck all.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Are you serious Rai Rai? I don't know what to believe because of what kirkeastment said. I gave up with Eevee for a bit and I went off to chain the swarm of the day which were Doduo's but no luck with them... I'm going to take another break and just train up my team I guess. Good luck to all.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Actually, Rai Rai, kirkeastment is right that every Pokemon within a single chain will be the same level, and Eevee can only be caught between level 16 and 18 in the Trophy Garden. Are you sure you didn't make a mistake? I am not doubting that you could chain 2 shinies in the Trophy Garden, as I rather like chaining there myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.