• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
I'm so sorry, Zabi. :( *Hugs tight*

--------------------

On a less serious note, I ran out my SP battery again, which I estimate adds another 1350 resets to my Articuno count; I think I'm now up to 8000-9000 resets total (I can't remember if I've gone through six or seven full charges on my SP, each charge lasting about 7.5 hours). Though even then, I may be well off in my estimates seeing as I'm certain that my last charge ran down really quickly (or else I really, really should take a serious look at how much time I spend just lounging around). In which case, my estimates will be a lot higher than what they really are...but oh well. Still no shiny from there, although I have evolved a Starly and Doduo into Staravia and Dodrio on Diamond. Haven't done any chaining and still don't plan to for a while.

Writing this post felt really weird; it's a mix between something actually important and something not.

Edit: That proves it. The battery just died and I know for sure it hasn't been seven and a half hours since the last charge. I'd guess it's about five hours now, although given my SP is the better part of five years old, I can understand if the battery is starting to go. But five hours I can still work with.

Last edited:

Shukaku

Lunar Origin
I... don't know what to say... Best if I just get straight to the topic of shinies. Yeah. I'm SRing for a shiny Mudkip on Sapphire, it's taking AGES. Anyone got any idea how long this stupid process takes? Because, I really want my Mudkip now. I've SRed about a billion times. Have you guys had much luck that way?
Yeah, I've had luck doing it, but there isn't any set number that you get it...

No luck here, my targets are as follows:
XD File 1: Lugia
XD File 2: Poochyena
Emerald: Regice
Ruby 1: Hatching Treecko (I've only got about a dozen eggs left...)
Ruby 2: Groudon
Sapphire: Kyogre
FR: Electabuzz/anything in the Power Plant
LG: Mewtwo
Diamond: None
Pearl: Deoxys

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Hey, Deeply sorry to hear about your loss Zabi. I can totally understand if you are not going to be here for a while, but I hope you know we all give you our condolences.

Hunting wise, I finally beat the E4 on my pearl on Friday night (I swear the Com has luck hax with critical hits) and completed the nat dex yesterday so I spent the night Sring for Rotom, 4 hours done. During the day I've been alternating between Kyogre and mudkip. I have the ID 09003 now so hoping that one is lucky. Did some Snorlax SRs on Friday but only about 2 hours worth. Oh is anyone here getting that special Limited Edition Dialga & Palkia DS Lite bundle? I know a couple people here were in need of new DS lites so that one should be of choice. I'm definitely going to try to get one, but unfortunately I can't go today to the only store I've seen that will carry them (Damn bus route not in service on Sunday ARGHH) so I'm very much hoping they aren't gone by tomorrow *knocks on wood* Good luck everyone on their hunts!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Hey everyone. I have to apologize for my absence. I simply have not been playing Pokemon. Furthermore, school has started, so my time online has been a bit restricted. But my real reason for not hunting is really just a lack of interest.

I'm sorry about your loss, Zabi. Things will look up for you in the future, I'm sure of it!

D_S, where can I get this limited edition D_S Lite? I do need a new one, and my birthday is in a month...

Good luck, everyone.

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
D_S, where can I get this limited edition D_S Lite? I do need a new one, and my birthday is in a month...

Good luck, everyone.

US stores carrying it are Best Buy, Gamestop/EBgames, and circuit City. Some say major retailers like Wal-mart and TRU might get them too but I haven't seen it up on their websites so probably not. In Canada only store I've found to be carrying them from their website and flyer is FutureShop and BestBuy. You should definitely get it for your birthday :p

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Zabi, my dad died about four years ago, and even though I'm an adult, the only thing that got me through the day was my best friend (who lost his dad when he was 12). I still miss my father and think about him every day. I'll PM you my email if you want a virtual shoulder.

I'm not going to talk about anything else in this post. I just want you to know that people are here for you.

ScorpionX

820 eggs so far
Zabi, my dad died about four years ago, and even though I'm an adult, the only thing that got me through the day was my best friend (who lost his dad when he was 12). I still miss my father and think about him every day. I'll PM you my email if you want a virtual shoulder.

I'm not going to talk about anything else in this post. I just want you to know that people are here for you.

In spades.

Zabi, just know that you have my condolances, and that every single club vet is here for you, and if you ever need a shoulder or an msn convo, just let me know and i'll be on msn in an instant.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
I just cuaght a shiny seel randon the other day.

I'm sorry - I don't recall when you joined. Please follow the Forum rules about post length. This is a Warning. Also, you have a (probably) lag-related duplicate post - please delete one copy.

Anyway, I'm chaining Weepinbell (because it was there, and I didn't have the Bellsprout line shiny yet). Up to 44, with 4 shinies so far, but 120 Max Repels to get there.

Edit: OK, ben525 - I see you joined 7/26/08. Please follow the rules, though. And congratulations on the random shiny Seel!

Last edited:

diddykong

Uber Gamer
I've been going mental trying to get shiny Ralts and Cubone. And Mudkip. It's not working <sob> I don't know why I bother, everyone else has more shinies than I.

BUT, stop wallowing, self, Zabi has worse problems than me. Time to return to my chaining... Good luck with adding to your huge collections, everyone.

Signing off.

Dragonking

Believe me a lot of these collections would still be small if there was no pokeradar. More then half of my shinies are radared. Hopefully you'll find a chaining system that works for you so you can get your shinies.

I'm still hoping a 1st gen starter will shine soon. Good luck on your hunts.

Zabi

Not really here.
Sorry to hear you won't be posting much anymore Zabi, your input will really be missed:( and so sorry about you dad, my deepest condolences.

EDIT: omg.. I'm very sorry to hear that Zabi.. Hope to see you back here soon..

Take care Zabi. You have my condolences for you and your family. We hope to see you soon.

Sorry for your loss Zabi :(.

I'm very sorry Zabi... You have my condolences.

Zabi I am very sorry. I know somewhat what you are going through and I know it Hurts. If you need to talk my MSN is in the corner.

sorry for your loss Zabi :(

I'm so sorry, Zabi. :( *Hugs tight*

Hey, Deeply sorry to hear about your loss Zabi. I can totally understand if you are not going to be here for a while, but I hope you know we all give you our condolences.

I'm sorry about your loss, Zabi. Things will look up for you in the future, I'm sure of it!

In spades.

Zabi, just know that you have my condolances, and that every single club vet is here for you, and if you ever need a shoulder or an msn convo, just let me know and i'll be on msn in an instant.

BUT, stop wallowing, self, Zabi has worse problems than me. Time to return to my chaining... Good luck with adding to your huge collections, everyone.

Thank you, all of you. This really means a lot to me. I would do it individually, but I am not good at those kinds of things, so I am just doing it all together. But really, thank you, all of this made me smile to know you guys are there for me. I have my family, and my SPPf family, and you guys are them. Thank you(said this a million times, but I can't think of anything else). :)

Thats all I wanted to say. Thanks again.

ben525

<-- Latest shiny
I'm sorry - I don't recall when you joined. Please follow the Forum rules about post length. This is a Warning. Also, you have a (probably) lag-related duplicate post - please delete one copy.

Anyway, I'm chaining Weepinbell (because it was there, and I didn't have the Bellsprout line shiny yet). Up to 44, with 4 shinies so far, but 120 Max Repels to get there.

Edit: OK, ben525 - I see you joined 7/26/08. Please follow the rules, though. And congratulations on the random shiny Seel!

Sorry for the double post DarkDrago I dint mean to. :)

pokemon-master-geoff

pokemaster geoff
can i join

I pokemon-master-geoff hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. i would also like to add my name to the list of shiny pokemon that have been caught i have caught a shiny linoone near the weather institute lv 28 with a lonely nature

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Ouch. It's really hard to say anything good in response to this, so I won't even try; I will just put it plain. I'm very sorry and saddened to hear of your loss, Zabi. I can totally understand your not wanting to be chatting about games at a time like this. I just hope you'll be okay.

On-topic: My hunts are going slowly. Chikorita is approaching 3000 eggs, and Rotom and Kyogre each have over 700 resets done. I did like 300 or so resets for Rotom last night while watching the Olympics, so I think he's over 1000 now.

I've been playing through the game on M3 Pearl lately, but I hope I DON'T run into any shinies on this game, since I wouldn't consider them legitimate, since they were found via an unsupported the device. (Well, technically the entire game is an unsupported device, but still.)

oddsok

(^^,)
Decided to chain for the first time in about 3 weeks and my target was Eevee. It took a while before Eevee appeared (lots of clock changing). On my 4th chain I caught my first shiny Eevee @ chain 39 and so far have 14 of them with the chain at 53. I am hoping for 25+ so I can evolve 7 of them into their respective Eeveelutions with good natures.

Congrats on any new shinies and good luck on all of your hunts.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Decided to chain for the first time in about 3 weeks and my target was Eevee. It took a while before Eevee appeared (lots of clock changing). On my 4th chain I caught my first shiny Eevee @ chain 39 and so far have 14 of them with the chain at 53. I am hoping for 25+ so I can evolve 7 of them into their respective Eeveelutions with good natures.

Congrats on any new shinies and good luck on all of your hunts.
You know you only need to reset your clock once. Then you can save in front of Backlot and SR until you get the Pokémon you want. And then they don't change until you talk to him again. I've had Porygon and Eevee in my garden forever.

I've been chaining *******, a secret shiny, a bit. It's annoying how my Absol gets statused all the time (hint). I should've used something with non-contact moves. -.-

oddsok

(^^,)
You know you only need to reset your clock once. Then you can save in front of Backlot and SR until you get the Pokémon you want. And then they don't change until you talk to him again. I've had Porygon and Eevee in my garden forever.

I've been chaining *******, a secret shiny, a bit. It's annoying how my Absol gets statused all the time (hint). I should've used something with non-contact moves. -.-
Oh really? Thanks a lot I didn't know that:)

Finished up with a massive 31 Shiny Eevees. Their IVs and which Eeveelution i plan to evolve each to are below:

Eevee-->Jolteon
Nature:Timid
HP:24
Att:22
Def:13
Speed:12
Sp.Att:23
Sp.Def:5

Eevee-->Flareon
Nature:Calm
HP:29
Att:14
Def:4
Speed:18
Sp.Att:29
Sp.Def:21

Eevee-->Vaporeon
Nature:Bold
HP:2
Att:10
Def:3
Speed:23
Sp.Att:2
Sp.Def:30

Eevee-->Espeon
Nature:Timid
HP:21
Att:26
Def:19
Speed:20
Sp.Att:14
Sp.Def:15

Eevee-->Umbreon
Nature:Careful
HP:6
Att:15
Def:10
Speed:0
Sp.Att:22
Sp.Def:5

Eevee-->Glaceon
Nature:Modest
HP:19
Att:5
Def:2
Speed:6
Sp.Att:17
Sp.Def:12

Eevee-->Leafeon
Nature:Jolly
HP:15
Att:22
Def:14
Speed:19
Sp.Att:22
Sp.Def:18
The Jolteon and Flareon look pretty good but haven't really looked at them all properly.

Last edited:

ChaosAngel

MINE!! :D
Wow!!!
Congrats with 31 shiny Eevees, Oddsok!

I've been doing some breeding in my Pearl version. I'm trying to hatch a shiny Chikorita with egg moves of Counter and Leech Seed! So far, nothing.
Done more SRing for Treecko, Shaymin, and Snorlax. Hope either of them will shine soon.

Good luck everyone!

Yesterday i managed to catch 8 shinies
3 Shinxes
3 Ralts'
and 2 Swablus

today i have been chaining alot of different targets and i have found nothing :(

my gloom chain broke at 39, so i guess i just have to try again

congrats to all new shinies

Status
Not open for further replies.