• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

res13sep

Dragon Trainer
shiny pokemon

:) I love shiny pokemon! The first pokemon I'd ever caught was a shiny Shroomish in Petalburg woods.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Hmm... So it is all right if I contribute to the Shiny Dex, then?

Weavile (Felicia), Lv. 36, caught in Luxury Ball.
Found in Acuity Lakefront, Naughty nature (From Pearl)

Toxicroak (Felipe), Lv. 22, caught in Safari Ball
Found in Great Marsh, Quirky nature (From Pearl)

Drapion (Wart), Lv. 22, caught in Safari Ball
Found in Great Marsh, Rash nature (From Pearl)

Garchomp (Arlong) Lv. 15, caught in Luxury Ball
Found in Wayward Cave, Bashful nature, (From Pearl)

Lucario (Talbain) Lv. 1, caught in Poké Ball
Hatched in Café, Naive nature (From Pearl)

Mismagius (Mystique) Lv. 10, caught in Luxury Ball
Found in Eterna Forest, Adamant nature (From Pearl)

Lopunny (Cream) Lv. 12, caught in Luxury Ball
Found in Eterna Forest, Docile nature (From Pearl)

Milotic (L'Arachel) Lv. 13, caught in Luxury Ball
Found in Mt. Coronet, Calm nature (From Pearl)

Illumise (Lirin) Lv. 20, caught in Luxury Ball
Found in Route 229, Naive nature (From Pearl)

Mawile (Ashley) Lv. 30, caught in Luxury Ball
Found in Iron Island, Jolly nature (From Pearl)

Swellow (Zelos) Lv. 20, caught in Luxury Ball
Found in Route 213, Adamant nature (From Pearl)

Slowking (Watson) Lv. 10, caught in Luxury Ball
Found in Route 205, Bashful nature (From Pearl)

Cresselia (Melissa) Lv. 50, caught in Luxury Ball
Found in Route 205, Relaxed nature (From Pearl)

Yeah... Most of the shiny pokémon from the ShinyDex you're missin', I caught in Pearl. But yeah, I'll catch shiny pokémon, but... Most of the ones I like, a LOT of people hate. So... I guess you could say I'm at least supporting this club, right?

Last edited:

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Actually, undeadsurvivor, I won't give a formal warning or strike for grammar because I could actually understand you, but please try for English in the future (if I can't understand you, it will be a strike!). But I do need to give you a warning about your double post. If yours is the most recent post on the site, you must use the Edit button; do not post two separate consecutive posts. This is a Forum rule and any mods/admins who see double posts will not only issue you Infraction points, but may even penalize the Club as a whole (other Clubs have been shut down because members failed to follow Forum Rules).

BTW, I've gone months SRing for shinies without luck, so your shiny Squirtle in a few days is excellent luck! And as for starting a new file: it clearly worked for you...

res13sep, you are not a member and you may not post here unless you join (see first post). But your post here is SPAM; don't do that again.

lightningkimba, are you a member here? If not, see above. If so, shinydex entry info is to be PM'd to DK (read the second post on this site).

Last edited:

Dragonking

LightningKimba, you have a Shiny Cresselia?? In a Luxury Ball. I need to see some pics for that one.

No shiny Torchic yet, but according to my average for getting SR shinies on Ruby I might get it soon.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
LightningKimba, you have a Shiny Cresselia?? In a Luxury Ball. I need to see some pics for that one.

Pics? Well... You're going to have to deal with the cruddiness of my webcam, but yeah, here they are:

If I recall correctly, I used at LEAST 140~ Luxury Balls, 20 Timer Balls, and 51 Great Balls. But yeah, I'm pleased to at least capture something SOO pretty~

Oh, I forgot. I think one of my shiny Pokemon need to be added to the shiny Dex. And I still have it. Have it over a year. Don't have the pics. Sorry. DK, I'll PM you whenever I can. No luck on shiny Giratina. I haven't counted its SR's. Good luck, everyone!

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Anyone had shiny luck lately? I can't SR at all because my DS isnt charged. As I said before, I'm hunting down the 3 dogs in Silver. About all I can do at the moment.

Anyone had shiny luck lately? I can't SR at all because my DS isnt charged. As I said before, I'm hunting down the 3 dogs in Silver. About all I can do at the moment.
I did. Managed to find two shinies before the first Gym in my Platinum. But they were caught in a different day though. I was very happy when my shiny Starly was Adamant. No shiny Giratina at the moment.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Kirk, you do know that a dozen is 12, right? You have, half-a-dozen+1

When your right, your right.

Another shiny update, this time Dunsparce.

I've currently caught 3 shinies, and i got kinda lucky due to the fact that i didn't start resetting until i hit a chain of 41. Due to the fact that i forgot i had used 6 leaf blades instead of the 5 i planned on using.

picture003-1.jpg

picture004-1.jpg

picture002-2.jpg

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Hey guys congrats to the new shinies.

Haven't gotten shiny Giratina in Platinum yet, it still refuses to shine. I'm up to 9700+ SR's for the shiny ghost-dragon, but I got squat. I am on Day 15 for a shiny one, hopefully it won't take too much longer for it to shine. I'm hoping that it will show up soon, getting pretty bored with SRing for it.

I also still don't have shiny Slowpoke in Pearl. Broke another chain at 27 so I gave up for the moment. I'm going to try and chain for them again, still hoping on an early shiny patch :p.

See ya later everyone.

Lucazard

Spoof Man™
how are all of you guys good at making shinies appear, i heard using the poke radar helps a lot and thats how i got my gloom well not exactly, well you see, i was using it then i moved then it was stuffed then gloom appeared i was so happy, so are there any tips

migas140

<--Latest shiny
Hi guys.

I have finished my Pearl Wednesday, so I tried to chain some pokes, with no sucess.
My max chain was Bidoof and it broke at 20, so you can see that I'm pretty bad at chaining (although I feel that I'm getting better at each chain).

Hopefully I'll give you some shiny news soon.

Good luck everyone and congrats for the new shinies,
-migas140

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
how are all of you guys good at making shinies appear, i heard using the poke radar helps a lot and thats how i got my gloom well not exactly, well you see, i was using it then i moved then it was stuffed then gloom appeared i was so happy, so are there any tips

I don't even chain at all. Don't know how to... Instead, I'm probably HIGHLY lucky for finding them in a random encounter to catch. Yeah, I did lose a few. (Chansey in LG was a sad moment) But yeah, I can't chain. ANd I know there's no way for me to learn.

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Wow club was all the way back to page 3, everyone's busy :p
No luck to report on my end yet, day 26 of Turtwig SRing. bah please shine soon turtle!! I've been Sring more on Mewtwo randomly too but no luck. Playing through my mudkip emerald file, but no random luck. I think I will try SRing for a kecleon once I get far enough.

Pics? Well... You're going to have to deal with the cruddiness of my webcam, but yeah, here they are:

If I recall correctly, I used at LEAST 140~ Luxury Balls, 20 Timer Balls, and 51 Great Balls. But yeah, I'm pleased to at least capture something SOO pretty~

Wow nice Cresselia, but how'd you manage to throw that many balls? Cresselia would've struggled itself to death by then. Makes me want to resume my hunt for mine, but have been pre occupied with Turtwig and stuff like Mewtwo and entei. Good luck everyone on their hunts!

ben525

<-- Latest shiny
last night i encountered my first chained shiny ever while chaining its a shiny sneasel then my chain broke for a zubat at 50 .:/

the sneasel is a male docile
ivs are
hp 21
atck 29
def 6
Sp At 30 >_<
sp df 10
speed 1 >____<

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Wow nice Cresselia, but how'd you manage to throw that many balls? Cresselia would've struggled itself to death by then.

Simple. It got away twice before I finally caught it. Waiit. Does it reset its Attacks' PP from running? I wouldn't know. Plus, I managed to make it paralysed, which was win.

ben525

<-- Latest shiny
last night i encountered my first chained shiny ever while chaining its a shiny sneasel then my chain broke for a zubat at 50 .:/

the sneasel is a male docile
ivs are
hp 21
atck 29
def 6
Sp At 30 >_<
sp df 10
speed 1 >____<

Seviper

Non-hunted shinies:
-Myghtyena (caught as a Poochyena in Emerald at Route 103)
-Gyarados (caught as Magikarp in Emerald at Route 119)
-Azumarill (caught as a Marill in Emerald at Route 120)
-Zapdos (caught at Power Plant in FR)
-Meowth (Island 7 in LG)
-Fearow (caught as a Spearow at Route 16 in FR)
-Nidoqueen (caught as Nidoran (f) in Gold)
-Golem (caught as Geodude in Diamond at Route 207)
-Dodrio (caught as Doduo in Diamond at Route 201)
-Gastrodon (caught in Diamond at Route 222)
-Rhyperior (caught as Rhydon in Pearl at Route 227)
-Lumineon (caught in Diamond while fishing at Route 205)
Chained:
-Ponyta (Diamond- Route 214)
-Bibarel (caught as Bidoof in Pearl-Route 201 while EV training for HP)
Traded:-10 ANNIV Bulbasaur
-Donphan traded over from a friend's Silver to my Crystal.
At Battle Tower/ Frontier (not owned):-Hitmontop (Battle Tower in Emerald)
-Nidoqueen (Battle Factory in Emerald)
-Tentacrueal (Battle Factory)

undeadsurvivor

BEWARE OF ANUBIS!
I just thought i would post an update on my shiny hunting. Not much to report, I stoped trying to get the magikarp before mt moon, i was over 600 sr's. Right now im going for the eevee in the mansion, abra from the game corner, and the snorlax in celedon. Snorlax is my main project and im not going to continue the game til it is mine :) wish me luck. Congrats on the sneasel and good luck everyone with your hunts.

p.s I evolved my squirtle to wartortle and im going to keep her that way til i have all her moves, plus the elemental hyper beam for the starters, and anyone have any good ideas for nicknames, I usually dont give nicknames but she is my first shiny starter and i really want a good name. Something that has to do with her purple and green look. Just thought id ask

Status
Not open for further replies.