• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLatios

SHINE GET

...Mewmaster007, you are INSANELY lucky. 0.0
I salute you on your recently obtained shiny Lapras, and good luck with other shinies as well, not only to you, but to others as well! (Especially Heliotrope, darn, that Chiko hunt is taking AGES for you. And I thought my Yanma hunt was long)

Anyway, right now, I'm going through my Ruby version to get to the SRable Pokes so that I can get them shiny! I'm on my way to Fortee City so far, and it'd be amazing to have a shiny pop up on my quest lol!

About MetalMarios complaints on me running from shiny Seviper: Well, I personally think that shiny Seviper ain't all that interesting, but yeah, it is a huge pain. Good thing Seviper can be Pokeradared! *writes down on Future Pokeradar targets*

So yeah, because of me playing through Ruby, my shiny hunting is at a temporary halt, but I'll be bcak to it soon, I promise you all!

FRUiTY-DiNO

Fairy Trainer
Can I join? I have a shiny Ratticate from LeafGreen :)

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
Can I join? I have a shiny Ratticate from LeafGreen :)

I'm losing track of the people who don't know how to join a club. Please read the first post in the Club before posting! This post is insufficient for you to join.

I am hatching another 5 boxes of Wish Eevees on Emerald today... It's been over 2 years!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
So many shinies from hatching lately(even same people getting multiple shinies), and very early too, makes me wonder if their SRing to get their shiny value to appear early(which is very easy to do), and then hatching the eggs, to make it look like they've put the effort in. *I'm not pointing fingers* Merely an observation of facts.

I've lost alot of interest in playing my 4th gen games, so i'm taking a break from playing them, more than likely it'll be june when i pick up a 4th gen game again, which will be UK platinum.

In the mean time, i'll be restarting my ruby game, and going for a playthrough on that, plus i'll be picking up my fire red game again, and hunting for some random shinies in that as well.

Good luck on your hunts people.

I havnt posted in months and none of you probably remember me but I just wanted to post some pokemon I caught (shiny of course). Shiny Lapas, pichu, ralts, hatched spinarack, random vulpix, SR registeel, regice, random beldum and trapinch, and finally shiny electryc. whew... so thats what i got. Sorry I never post, but im still happy to be here. bye.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Meh, I got bored trying to hatch a shiny Eevee, so this week, I'm open for any suggestions on what to chain/hunt/reset/whatnot. Thing is, I don't have the "mentality" to hunt like any other hunter. I just find shinies by random encounter, and often never bother being all proud about them.

So... While I'm not fiddling around, typing my fanfic, hopefully someone will give me an idea on what to find that will "shine" for me, or whatever the hip, young lingo is these days..

Umbreon Girl

born from shadows
Meh, I got bored trying to hatch a shiny Eevee, so this week, I'm open for any suggestions on what to chain/hunt/reset/whatnot. Thing is, I don't have the "mentality" to hunt like any other hunter. I just find shinies by random encounter, and often never bother being all proud about them.

So... While I'm not fiddling around, typing my fanfic, hopefully someone will give me an idea on what to find that will "shine" for me, or whatever the hip, young lingo is these days..

May I sugjest to Lightning kimba to try instead of hatching cathing if you're better at chaining. In the mansion garden on route 212 surten days there are Eevee there. just talk to the owner and he tells you the rare pokemon of that day and only in his garden.
just a sugjestion. also if you get more than one shiny Eevee I REALY, want one. also Umbreon rules

Jessara

Shiny Hunter
So many shinies from hatching lately(even same people getting multiple shinies), and very early too, makes me wonder if their SRing to get their shiny value to appear early(which is very easy to do), and then hatching the eggs, to make it look like they've put the effort in. *I'm not pointing fingers* Merely an observation of facts.

I've lost alot of interest in playing my 4th gen games, so i'm taking a break from playing them, more than likely it'll be june when i pick up a 4th gen game again, which will be UK platinum.

In the mean time, i'll be restarting my ruby game, and going for a playthrough on that, plus i'll be picking up my fire red game again, and hunting for some random shinies in that as well.

Good luck on your hunts people.

Here's the events leading up to my Lapras:

Traded pokemon with Zane Clarthy who helped me put the pokemon onto my Platinum as I only have one DS. Left the pokecenter in Solaceon Town. Messaging Zane at the same time, we were discussing what we should go for now as we were both sick of seeing the same pokemon pop out of the eggs.

He suggested that I go for Lapras so I removed my Japanese Lucario from the Daycare and put my Lapras in. Got two eggs from her then put in the Squirtle. Hatched the first egg and it was a shiny. If no one believes me, ask Zane Clarthy.

I'm not sure what the shiny value is and how it works and my DS had not been restarted for hours. I don't cheat. I was shocked when the shiny Lapras appeared, as it's something I've been wanting for a long time and was not expecting it to even happen.

Just a little note; I have a lot of time to hatch eggs, I do not work so I can spend all day and night doing it if I wish to. So I usually hatch heaps everyday if I feel like it.

EDIT: What's the Egg Counter thing that was mentioned? I would love to know how many eggs I've hatched in the last few weeks since I've decided to camp at Solaceon.

Currently onto my 5th box of Squirtle eggs so the Masuda Method doesn't always work.

Last edited:
Good evening everyone. ^^

Anyway, I just got 3 new shinies today. All of them are through something that I can't say, sorry. I don't want to get a warning.

However, there is something how to get a shiny egg in all of the 4th Gen. games.

The following shinies that I got today are: Rhyhorn(now Rhyperior w/ Solid Rock), Yanma(wrong nature, but has Speed Boost), and Chimchar.

But unfortunately, I couldn't took a picture of all of them. But, I'll try to make a video of all of them. :) Good luck, and congrats on new shinies.

EDIT: Here's the video, if anyone wants to watch it. :)
All of my shinies.

Last edited:

Dragonking

After getting quite bored with hatching eggs yesterday I've just been doing some SR's for Mewtwo and Entei. Since Mewtwo hasn't shined in over 2 and 1/2 years I may play through my LG2 and go after Mewtwo, Lugia , and Ho-oh.

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!
As im sure many of you have heard...
theres a "new game" to be announced this weekend and its "more than likely" a G/S remakes which means to me..
Shiny Hooh :p
I can finally reset for one without it taking 7 hours yahoo

*No shiny News

**Congrats on the Lapra(es) and the mawile
YAY!!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
As im sure many of you have heard...
theres a "new game" to be announced this weekend and its "more than likely" a G/S remakes which means to me..
Shiny Hooh :p
I can finally reset for one without it taking 7 hours yahoo

I'm very excited by the possibility of G/S remake. One of the things I liked best about G/S was the fact that you could get Lugia/Ho-oh in one game - this better not have changed.

I'm saved in-front of Ho-oh in gold as a matter of fact; I haven't done many SR for shiny Ho-oh yet though. I'm also still hunting shiny Ziggy/Poochy (but I only just got to 7000 encounters last night)

Most of my other hunts are on hold until Chikorita shinies. In fact I'm Chikorita hatching as I type. You guys getting your shinies in under 10 eggs are bloody lucky. :(

Oh well, good luck guys.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Here's the events leading up to my Lapras:

Traded pokemon with Zane Clarthy who helped me put the pokemon onto my Platinum as I only have one DS. Left the pokecenter in Solaceon Town. Messaging Zane at the same time, we were discussing what we should go for now as we were both sick of seeing the same pokemon pop out of the eggs.

He suggested that I go for Lapras so I removed my Japanese Lucario from the Daycare and put my Lapras in. Got two eggs from her then put in the Squirtle. Hatched the first egg and it was a shiny. If no one believes me, ask Zane Clarthy.

I'm not sure what the shiny value is and how it works and my DS had not been restarted for hours. I don't cheat. I was shocked when the shiny Lapras appeared, as it's something I've been wanting for a long time and was not expecting it to even happen.

Just a little note; I have a lot of time to hatch eggs, I do not work so I can spend all day and night doing it if I wish to. So I usually hatch heaps everyday if I feel like it.

EDIT: What's the Egg Counter thing that was mentioned? I would love to know how many eggs I've hatched in the last few weeks since I've decided to camp at Solaceon.

Currently onto my 5th box of Squirtle eggs so the Masuda Method doesn't always work.

It was merely an observation, and i never aimed my concerns at anyone so why the random explanation of facts that i wouldn't care about.

Your explanation is fine, but it doesn't change my mind or concerns about the recent abundance of hatched shinies.

Sure you may not be cheating, but gun to my head, other people are(maybe not from this club).

Also as a sidenote of sorts, if someone mentions irregularities in number of shinies recently, and doesn't specifically quote anyone, doesn't call them a cheat and doesn't mention your name, then whatever you do, do not defend yourself as though it was a personal tirade, because those who feel the need to explain themselves when not asked to, well IMO, it makes that person seem more guilty.

Afterall, what matters is that you KNOW you hatched that shiny Lapras legitly, my opinion, nor anyone elses for that matter, shouldn't mean squat to you, as long as you know your in the right.

Now onto happier subjects. The news regarding a brand new game being revealed next week is wonderous, *Prays for G/S Remakes or Crystal Remake* *But also prays for it to not have the pokeradar, or any other updated piece of equipment from the 4th gen games*

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I'm currently trying to level my shiny Charizard up to 100 in FireRed. She is already at Lvl 70, so I'm hoping that I'll get her to Lvl 100 before the end of the day. I plan on trading her to LeafGreen and will be starting over the game. I'm not sure if I'll be resetting for another shiny starter, but if I do I'll be going after shiny Squirtle.

I did do a few more resets for shiny Shaymin in Platinum, nothing yet though. I am now up to 450 SR's for the shiny hedgehog, hope it appears soon.

Good luck everyone and congrats to new shinies.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
I got 4 shiny Croagunk in a half-hearted chain last night - 2 with Dry Skin, 2 with Anticipation. It really is much easier to chain in Platinum.

I hope the upcoming new game is a remake of G/S/C - I liked Crystal best of all of the Pokemon games to date.

Umbreon Girl, you're not a member and cannot post here until you join properly. Please read the first post in the Club before posting again. When you do join, be aware that you're starting off with two Warnings (you've posted in the Club 3 times without reading the members' responses; we've said multiple times in the past few days that new members MUST read the first post and comply with instructions on how to join!).

Last edited:
The G/S remake sounds interesting. If they put in the pokeradar that means I can actually chain for a yanma, but then again it destroys the purpose of the pokeradar in d/p/p, so I'm not really expecting it. I wonder if they will keep the lake of rage shiny gyarados too.

In other news, I just got the national dex in platinum, so obviously I'm going to be chaining for a while. I'll start with swinub, seeing as it is fairly easy.

I'm also planning to breed for a shiny totodile with dragon dance on pearl if I ever get the chance.

Redostrike

Latest Shiny !!!
Hi all,

First congrats to all new shiny's.

What i have done is played a bit of emerald until i got to the lake where feebas is for the feebas quest. I was calculating and i though i will be feebas hunting until the end of this week if i did not get one i would come back later. The 4th square i did (it was late and i already was in bed playing for the last minutes) a feebas poped up. It was male and i wanted a female, i wanted to catch it and put in on pearl but i killed it. No problem as i knew where the feebas was i go again after 2-3 other pokémons another male poped up caugh it and go again. At the end i got a female one.

Then i was talking to my girlfriend wich shiny i should breed now. She said a few i discarted as they could be pokéradared. So we decided on poliwag. Done 60 eggs for it now going to put it on hold for a few days to put a playtrough team togheter for my JAP pearl.

Did not do any encounters for diglett, did a few srings for mudkip in ruby but nothing shines.

As for the G/S remake i really hope to be GS remakes. I hope they keep the storyline the same (almost) and the red gyarados (so i can use it as HM slave :p). That would make the dogs and the 2 birds easyer to sring for. I also hope they put in Celebi or do some events (everywhere also in this little country) cause that's the only pokémon you cant get legit atm (yeah with the JPN colloseum pokémon disc but its to expensive and to hard to get it into the game).

Good luck to all.

EDIT: Just saw on the shaymin site that it's going to be in a game store here in belgium. Thank god. Finnally some good news. To bad you cant sring for a shiny event, but i'm going to have one :) (euhm actully 5 cause i got 5 D/P games :p)

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Good evening everyone. ^^

Anyway, I just got 3 new shinies today. All of them are through something that I can't say, sorry. I don't want to get a warning.

However, there is something how to get a shiny egg in all of the 4th Gen. games.

The following shinies that I got today are: Rhyhorn(now Rhyperior w/ Solid Rock), Yanma(wrong nature, but has Speed Boost), and Chimchar.

But unfortunately, I couldn't took a picture of all of them. But, I'll try to make a video of all of them. :) Good luck, and congrats on new shinies.

EDIT: Here's the video, if anyone wants to watch it. :)
All of my shinies.

Are we not allowed to talk about RNG manipulation here?

Status
Not open for further replies.