• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shippers Confessional Thread

CuriousHeartless

Not a huge shipper, but might as well do something...

- I only got into Shipping after getting into Persona 4 (Where my main ships are actually Chie/Yukiko and a split between Rise/MC and actually Yosuke/MC. I tried liking Kanji/Naoto, and totally understand why others like it, but can't personally picture Naoto liking Kanji romantically.) and still barely care for shipping in the Pokémon fandom.
- For a while before I got more into shipping, I only really cared about canon ships even if I don't like the relationship anymore.
- For some reason, I just have a hard time understanding more odd relationships (I will never understand IkariShipping because Dawn/Paul just strikes me as a relationship that would quickly devolve into verbal abuse and breaking up. In the same way) and why people would ever ship them (No offense to IkariShippers, but to continue the example I'll use that again. In the show they have nothing resembling a good relationship, what with Paul being a selfish jerk who never got along with any of the main cast).
- A bit of an addendum to the above, but I never understood the justification of 'Opposites attract'. They may attract, OR they could disagree on everything, degenerate into constant bickering, and either break up or potentially even erupt into an abusive relationship.
- I read fics for ships I have no interest in just to see if they're well-written.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Wow, never knew that this actually happened around here. Well, I guess it'd be fun, so let's start!

!. I used to like Pokéshipping once. Even now that I like Amourshipping, I still think that it was pretty obvious (well, at least in the dub).

2. WTF is up with Ikarishipping? For me, it's like shipping Nurse Joy with Ash, or Brock with Angie. Just because they've interacted with each other a few times and it wasn't exactly 'peaceful' does't mean they're soulmates, it just means that Paul's an a**hole.

3. Penguinshipping's okay, butI kinda don't like Kenny all that much. Which means that's 2 major Dawn shippings down. Since I think the other ones don't make much sense either and I ship Ash with Serena...well, she's one of the two main characters I consider completely un-shippable.Well, unless Serena's not in the picture. In that case, Pearlshipping isn't so bad.

4. Speaking of the other main character, I just don't see either Negaishipping or Wishfulshipping. Iris was just...let's stop before I start another hate-fueled rant.

5. I think Brock is doomed to remain single.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Someone confessed.

• While I have nothing against Pokeshipping (or anything ash related shpping), l do not like some Pokeshippers due to a bad run in with one a few years back and the fact that I do not consider dub hint as hints (even if it for my OTP which will never happen......)
  • I have tried many time to get my OTP out there and some way i regret as it mostly turn people off it (hey to my defense I was a newbie to shipping and well I was just finished high school.)

Other Anime Ships

• I do not like Nagisa x Kamui from Cardfight Vanguard for many reasons.

Well I have some stuff to confess
-I hate Oldrivalshipping and Negaishipping(at least I think that's what's it called ash x iris) this is just a personal thing if u enjoy more power to u I just don't like it sorry
-I don't hate specialshipping what I hate are specialshippers that say this ship is canon or is the best compare to its rivals. You know what actually scratch that I hate that with any shipping. I like special honestly but I like it for the hints that are actual hints that aren't force in my face. I'm not bashing special shippers but before u rub it in my face give a decent reasoning for it possiblely something new that u see that others don't.
-I can't decide between advance, pearl, or amour this the only conflicting shippings that I support
-I hate getting into debates about shipping normally but if someone just completely bashes someone else's shipping even if the shipping is one I hate or don't support I will back up the one getting bashed I hate bashers so much.
-My OTP is Luckyshipping, I still feel it doesn't get enough love but againt to each its own, I love agencyshipping just as much my god how long do I have to wait for more black and white 2 manga to bring black back.

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
I'm already finding the OR/AS new characters some of the most shippable to date despite knowing little about them all. I already adore Aarune, Lisia, and Zinnia and ship them around like crazy. All three are also candidates for my favorite May pairing in the remakes.

Actually, so are Wally and my old favorite Brendan. And Matt. And Brawley. Heck, even Steven. I was so-so towards Steven in the originals, but seeing him in the demo has won me over on him.
-I hate getting into debates about shipping normally but if someone just completely bashes someone else's shipping even if the shipping is one I hate or don't support I will back up the one getting bashed I hate bashers so much.
I can relate to this, actually. I prefer to just avoid ship wars, but if I see someone being a rude anti-shipper, I'll usually pipe up, even if it's a ship I normally dislike. Bashers disgust me way more than any fans of any ships, even ships I dislike.

Last edited:
1) I am honestly not too into shippings and do not take most seriously, because it's all fictional.
2) That said, the only ship I have as OTP and take more seriously than others is Presageshipping.
3) Yes, I am interested in Human x Pokemon more than Human x Human and Pokemon x Pokemon.
4) I would ship minor characters like gym leaders and elites most of the time, as I feel them more untouched upon by others.

JSLatios

REVIVAL ON 9TH!!!
Okay, here goes....

-I think Ikarishipping is pointless though I find it cool
-I like Advanceshipping and Contestshipping
-I bashed ALOT of pearlshippers because I used to be a negaishipper
-I now find negaishipping pointless
-The only two game ships I support are Hoennshipping and Sequelshipping. I need to support more.
-my least favourite character ever is Dawn but I LOVE Penguinshipping
-I absolutely DISGUST Pearlshipping. and I'll always will

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Confession? Here
[spoil]
- I still don't know why people ship FlarebusterShipping instead FlavescentShipping :v
- I am totally LOVE all yaoi shippings. No exception.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Confessions? I got plenty!

• When deciding which ships I like, whether or not it has canon hints or is canon doesn't have any influence.
  • I don't partake in shipping wars, but I do find them as well as shipping debates interesting to read. (Gets whiplashed)
  • Othelloshipping is my OTP, but I'm glad Hilda wasn't in the anime.
  • I don't really understand why many people ship only canon ships except when it's out of respect for the writers of said shippings.
  • Many of the shippings I support are rare and many of the ships I hate are common. I do not however only support ships just because they're rare or hate shippings just because they are common!
  • I'm almost obsessed with the concept of shipping for some reason and always love to blabber about shippings, whether they're ones I hate or love.
  • I'm determined for there to be more Othelloshipping fanfics.
  • I'm basically attached to Othelloshipping and would likely become attached to any other ship that can win my heart the way Othelloshipping did.
  • I'm a heavy encourager of people being more open to consider different shippings.
  • I generally though only ship in the Pokemon fandom.

There you go! I think that's all of them!

Last edited:

AlaCritical Hit

Brother my brother
I have some confessions to make:

- I really get irked when people can’t distinguish between cross-canon counterparts when it comes to shipping.
- I hate Sequelshipping with passion, but I would never have hated it if I have never seen a few Sequelshippers bashing Livecastershipping/bashing Curtis for having crush on Rosa. And yes, Livecastershipping is an OTP of mine.
(Edit: I got over this at last. I mean my hate over sequelshipping, not over the bashing. Couldn't be happier, as hating is a lot of pointless energy there.)
- I simply don’t understand shipping male and female protagonists together.
- I generally hate yaoi/yuri because I think the fandom there is largely dim and obnoxious, but I HAVE seen obnoxious yaoi/yuri haters as well, in which case I will take the stance for yaoi/yuri.
- I will only take any kind of shipping seriously only if I ever “fall in love” with a character to the degree I actually care about who they end up with. Otherwise, it’s all fair game.
- Both my absolute OTP and my absolute NOTP are so marginal it is pointless to even discuss them here.
- Human x Legendary Pokémon shippings are my guilty pleasure.

Hum. That's all I can think of right now.

Last edited:

ej02

Australia Amourship
Ok I got some confessions to make
I dont really like pokeshipping cause I think of it like a brother sister thing and because that community puts down other ships.
My most hated ships are geekchickship and ferreswheelship.
i love agencyshipping and mangaquestshipping.
My favorite ship used to be advaceshipping but now I love amourshipping to death.
pokemon x pokemon ships is somthing that I am netural towards.
Meh I dont like many crack ships.
Somtimes I find it hard to ship sombody I dont like

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Think I need to get back in shipping now:

- A biggy of mine is that I was given a shipping fic dare once...and didn't do it!
- I despised and disagreed with any ship involving May / Drew not named Contestshipping. Not anymore though, I guess because I stopped following shippings.
- Forgot that Contestshipping threads existed and joined several of them and then didn't return.
- Wrote some badly planned fanfics...which didn't go well of course.

To be honest, I used to ship AAML for days on end. I wrote ridiculously long fan fictions, so many one-shots, and even wrote a freaking song.

And I didn't even know any other ships until like a year ago, lol

(not saying there's a problem with pokeshippers...im still one myself...)

Trublsmbob

Crap, not again!
Well, I'm not particularly guilty, but I do have a few things.
1) I often have sudden urges to join shipping wars...
2) I internaly scoff at ships that I think don't have good hints.
Is this supposed to make me feel BETTER? :'(

Last edited:
I've been a part of the shipping wars for years now. Didn't like to engage in them but some users were just incredibly rude. The rudest/worst fanbase /I argued with was the Pokeshippers. And seeing as how many have mentioned them it just tells you the story. I backed up Pearlshipping the most since it exploded in popularity back 2008.

1) Have been a supporter of Pearlshipping since 2008
2) Dislike Pokeshipping the most along with Penguinshipping, Ikarishipping. But mostly Pokeshipping since I see nothing of significants.
3) Somewhat like Advanceshipping, Orangeshipping, and a couple more I can't name.
4) What I'll never understand is the hype behind Amourshipping. The first female character to fangirl over Ash while he brushes it off with his dense-ness. I mean she's an okay character but her character is mostly based on her crush on Ash. Nothing else. She's had little to no development in character growth.

TheOriginalJade

Would Like To Battle
Oh! This is so embarrasing!
-Back when I was younger I used to be a Pokéshipper (nothing wrong with that), but when I wrote fics, I'd always write Dawn as a total ***** who tried to steal Misty from Ash (I don't even no why-now I see Pearlshipping as more platonic than anything). Classic immature 12 year old shipper! My fics were all terrible.
-I've also supported some pretty weird ships over the years.
-I hate most player character/player character ships. The only ones I sorta like are HoennShipping (which also counts as a rival shipping) and NewReplacementShipping (even though it's crack :p). The one I dislike the most is BurningLeafShipping, never understood the appeal (maybe that's just cause I'm a NamelessShipper but still). I just find rival ships much more interesting.
-When it comes to the manga, I don't like OldRivalShipping. I've never understood why it has such a big following without many hints, but that's not even why I don't like it (I ship some pretty hintless ships). I just don't think they'd be good together. Same with SpecialShipping (even if it is half-canon).
-I feel bad for shipping HoennChampionShipping, considering the age gap. I just like them together (but only when May's older, of course!).
-I hate IkariShipping and just can't understand why it has such a huge following (I ship AppealShipping by the way). It's not even the lack of hints that bothers me, it's the lack of chemistry.
-I'm also one of those people who loses their mind when people mix up ships across different canons (like ChessShipping and AgencyShipping or HunterShipping and PreciousMetalShipping-they're not the same thing!).
-I used to be a ship basher, but I try not to be now.
-I used to switch between Ash/Main Girl ships constantly for a while. Now I don't ship any of the Ash/Main Girl ships (I ship PalletShipping if you're curious).
-I used to hate ContestShipping, now it's one of my favourites, same with OrangeShipping.
-I don't like AmourShipping, due to the fact that I don't like Anime!Serena.
-If a counterpart to Red & Green exist, chances are I'll ship them, same with Gold & Silver.
-I sometimes ship couples just for the sake of pairing people off, despite how pointless that is!

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?
-I never cared for PokeShipping once May was introduced, and began caring even less when we got Serena.

-I fully support EntourageShipping. There's nothing wrong with it, shut up.

-AppealShipping is the best possible anime ship. Dawn and Zoey just play so well off each other that it almost seems like it'd be a given were it not for the moral guardians.

-I have a strange enjoyment for BlackthornShipping. I guess if Clair and Lance are gonna do stuff together we might as well move 'em to West Virginia, amirite? Okay that was a low blow I'm sorry.

-GracefulShipping is the best ship of all time and anyone who disagrees is a heretic. A heretic, I say! I'm kidding, it's fine.

erebus

I don't really take shipping that seriously, but I do think some pairings are cute. So, here are my shipping confessions;

- Hetero ships bore the living daylights out of me. Like I literally cannot express how tired I am of het shipping, in all shows/books/comics/etc. Whenever two opposite sex characters look at each other in even a slightly shippy way my eyes roll so far back istg :/

- I love angsty stuff, but also have a serious addiction for sickly, fluffy-cutesy stuff too :3

- Shipping wars are hilarious to read

- Most of my ships are determined by fanfic instead of how cannon the pairing is. Except when there is a cannon F/F pair (such as Korrasami), in which case I will ship them forever!

- sometimes I ship characters who have nothing to do with one another

- I feel queasy whenever I come across a ship involving incest and/or a child+adult - but this isn't something I'm ashamed of tbh, so...

- I really want to write fanfics, but never end up doing it

- Dispite ^ I get disappointed when there are no fanfics/new fanfics of my fave ships

- Humanxpokemon ships gross me out

Last edited:

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Only one thing.

I didn't like Elsa/Anna ship in frozen before coz i was like ewww incest but slowly i came to like it. Now its my OTP. Im happy for that coz i found my gf that way :D but sometimes i treat the sisters like best friends probably coz they grew up without having each other.

AmericanPi

Write on
Only one thing for now: I really, really, really, REALLY want the Shippers' Truth Or Dare Thread back. D: I know, it's only been inactive for three weeks, but I was the last one to post in the thread and I really, really, really, REALLY don't want to be the one to kill it. Mostly because I'm a sucker for Truth or Dare and I want to participate in it more. :(