• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shippers Confessional Thread

•I hate Amourshippers. I hate the shipping as well. I can't stand it at all, it bugs me more than AppleDash. (Pkm)
•RariJack ftw. (MLP)
•I'm a strong supporter of PokéShipping. (Pkm)
•I can't think of a name for it, but Flippy x Flaky is some good ****. (HTF)

Innocentmercy

Time to let all the shiz out for me.

- I admit... that I pair up any villain grunt with the main heroine of any pokemon game. It is not well known but I don't care.
- I ABSOLUTELY HATE getting into a "ship war" debate with someone else. Who cares? -coughkidsthesedayscough-
- Amourshipping does not interest me much but hey congratulations to Ash getting a girlfriend lol

Last edited:

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
A shipper's confession thread? Perfect! I've got a couple of things to get off of my chest.

-I used to be an avid supporter of Negaishipping (hence the name…), but after a while, I started to realize that Iris seemed to treat Ash like a kid more so than an equal, which he was. Then again, I didn't like the Unova series in full…

-I don't really have any obsessions with a lot of ships. The Ash X main girl ships have their fair amount of hints per generation, and we're getting more of those with the XY series. And that brings me to the next thing…

-Amourshipping isn't my favorite Ash ship, even though I like the idea of a main girl having a crush on him. To tell the truth, I used to be an avid supporter of the ship as well, and I still make posts on the thread from time to time. But because of the stuff I write for my fanfiction page, along with my stupid brain continuing to think about this pairing to death, I've got Ash shipped with someone else.

-I ship Ash with Mirajane Strauss from Fairy Tail. Okay, there, I said it. It's in my sig, so I don't wanna wear it out. I put these two together because it seemed like a joke at first, as I believed Ash would fall for someone like Mirajane, no matter how dense he seemed. It was intended to just be a cutesy pairing while Amourshipping would be my canon, but after constantly thinking about it and even writing up a Christmas story for them, I couldn't resist making them canon instead. I felt so bad because it meant Serena would be alone in my fanfic universe.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
1. I cannot stand same sex pairings. Never have, never will.
2. Incest pairings are just morally wrong. The whole Elsa/Anna ship defeats the theme of the movie. It was sister love, not romantic love.
3. Dawn/Paul is misguided at best and illogical at worst.
4. Pokeshipping had its day, but most of the stories I have read about it involve Ash giving into Misty to keep the peace. Unhealthy.
5. Ash/Iris is nonsensical.
6. While Amourshipping is my OTP for Pokémon, I also adore Geekchicshipping.
7. I don't like when fanfiction authors change the sexual orientation of a character.
8. High school fan fics are awesome and we need more good ones since it can lead to good love stories.
9. Misty's mallet and Pikachu's love for ketchup are overused in romance stories.
10. Shipping should not be so serious.

1. I strongly dislike popular bandwagon shippers (*cough* Amourshipping *cough*)
2. I hate that people solely ship people that look cute together (especially if they never even met). I believe that you should ship people based on compatibility, connection, and relation between them. It's the reason I hate uncanon yaoi/yuri ships.
3. Human x Pokemon >.< NO!!! (same with incest-shipping)
4. I don't like shippers who don't accept other people's opinion
5. I dislike uncalled for bashing
6. I don't like the way Serena met Ash: how does that make a valid reason to like someone for years based on that one single interaction as young kids?
8. I hate with a burning passion shippers who make illogical points to support/disapprove a ship
9. At some point I considered shipping Amour but then I decided to remain a Pearlshipper
10. I still don't know what a shipping war is like (lucky me I guess)
11. I want there to be a spin-off of Pokemon that's more slightly darker that star Ash and his friends. The anime as it is is killing me
12. I took a break from Pokemon at Gen V. Then years later, I decided to play gen IV games so it technically brought me back... during gen VI :D

Well, time to join the crew. Not much else I can do in the meantime...

-I confess that I´ḿ neutral to both same sex relationships, but absolutely DESPISE any rival shippings. Be it Ash/Gary, Ash/Paul, NaruSasu or Drarry, I simply cannot stand seeing rivals be all lovey dovey and out-of-character.
-I confess that I prefer seeing Link/Midna to Link/Zelda.
-My OTP is Altoshipping... and the sad thing is, it actually makes more sense to me than any shipping with the main cast save for Amourshipping.

Estellise

peachy
1. i am kinda disgusted by protag/enemy and protag/champion ships, just because of the huge age differences (the only exception to this is rosa(or nate)/iris)
2. brendan/may/wally is the cutest ship! i wish it were more popular!
3. same with may/zinnia and serena/shauna (really, just about all femslash pairs)
4. i kind of don't like pokemon/pokemon ships. they're not bad in any way, more like they just don't interest me. the only exception to this is shipping counterpart pokemon, which i do enjoy

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
- I admit that at first, I gave Amour a chance when it first started out, but as the XY series continued, I found Serena to be bland and that her main selling point was her crush on Ash. So sorry Pokeshipping, for almost leaving you behind...
- I now cannot stand Serena and anything Amour. But if you like it, then kudos to you, I guess.
- I support Poke, Contest, and Hoenn. There were also moments when I was curious about Advance, but for the most part stayed faithful to Poke.
- I haven't seen Shipping wars here, but I think they're much more prevalent on DA. Poke vs. Amour couldn't be anymore real there...-shudders-
- I didn't cry when Serena lost her first contest. (INB4 salty comments)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
This is a doozy. Apparently I had a looooot to say.

----

» Speaking as a proud shipper, I believe shippers who obsess over ships to the point of bashing, flaming and crying over others who don't agree with them are some of the worst fans in any fandom, and the ship wars that come to be from it are permanent battle scars no one should have to suffer from. I will confess that years ago I was close to becoming one of these people (nearly got into a huge, flaming argument with one of the biggest PataGato shippers I know of) before I caught myself in time, apologized to them, and learned to keep my thoughts to myself, and then later on not letting pairings bother me, regardless if they were canon or not. Shipping is supposed to be for fun, not for sport, and yet this is why shippers are looked down upon.

» That said, I confess I was a little shit about it when I was a teenager, and took it a little too seriously at times. I'm glad I had experiences and some advice where I was able to mature from it. With that also said, because I'm still so into MewShipping, it's hard for me to put them into a story and not have them be romantically involved or even have feelings for one-another—and even if they do, it's just as hard to keep them out of focus of the main story when they're not the main characters. I still have lots to learn, lol.

» In the meantime, despite what I said above (and I mean every little bit of it), I think I still have some emotional attachment to some of my favorite ships. I feel deep down inside Wizardmon/Gatomon is the one that has an iron grip on my emotions due to being one of the most tragic pairings I've ever supported—pretty sure I'm going to die if Digimon Adventure tri ever brings Wizardmon back, so I'm secretly hoping that doesn't happen although I will still welcome it because it's going to wreck me amongst other wrecking things the series has so far already done.

» I believe the Pokémon shippers and Digimon shippers to be some of the worst of the entire shipping community (based on what I've personally seen). Pokémon shippers are the only ones (that I can think of) to have peace treaties, but Digimon shippers (particularly the Taiora/Sorato and Takari/Dakari ships) have some of the bloodiest—and it's just gotten worse ever since tri came out. Guys, it's over. I'm sad, too, that Taiora isn't canon, and I was bitter about it for years as well, but for the last couple of years, I did my research on it and now I'm totally okay with Sorato being canon. So please: stop. Write your fics and draw your fan-art if you have to, but stop throwing punches.

» I haven't really seen them in a long time, but fics in which a character or two dies or are just really out-of-character simply so the author's OTP can happen are despicable and will get me to avoid the author regardless of how well-known or talented they are. I confess I was like this with Hamtaro in having Boss being “offed” or some other messed up way simply so Hamtaro and Bijou could be together (I was ten, mind you, although I didn't know about fan fics and shipping at the time), but I hadn't done it since for anything. I don't plan to even for parodies.

» I don't care about same-sex pairings, but you'll never see me support them outside of friendships if there's no confirmation that they're canon.

» Incest pairings do bother me if only because I've yet to find anything outside of the anime Koi Kaze that treats it seriously and realistically. And even then, it's not enough for me to support them at all.

» “Age is but a number” romances also bother me a little, just not as much as incest pairings. Off the top of my head, the only pairing I like that is of the May-December romance trope is Meta Knight/Tiff (Fumu) although Mewtwo/Mew counts under here as well, more-often than not. Although if there's magic/supernatural/interspecies involved alongside the great chemistry of the characters, the age gap is an afterthought.

» It secretly kind of bothers me that I know very few people who like the same ships I do and are actively contributing to them, but that's unfortunately the drawback about these inactive/rare ships. I don't mind writing out the stories I write and drawing what I draw since they are what I personally would like to see with these pairings, but I do highly appreciate reading other people's stories and seeing their artwork. Until then, as long as I know I am making someone's day in them reading something new about their favorite ship, I will continue to do what I do in attempting to revive these ships.

» I noticed in recent years I have a better chance of really liking the ship is it's of the Huge Guy, Tiny Girl trope—but that was something I only noticed after a long time of loving my favorite ships, so this is probably just a subconscious thing/preference of mine. (Hint, hint.)

» This could be because I'm not watching Pokémon XY at the moment (I'll get to it some day), but based on everything I've read and heard and even saw in the movies about anime-Serena, AmourShipping is honestly one of the (very few) Ash pairings I personally don't understand at all. I know the ship happened the moment she was announced, but when it was revealed she has a crush on Ash, it exploded, and I feel like that's a rather shallow reason for getting into a pairing simply because there's a one-sided crush before she developed character. I wouldn't have minded if she developed it as time went on, but for it to be one of the first known aspects about her and thus why the pairing existed in the first place rubs me the wrong way. The shipping wars that have spawned from it have only further spoiled it for me.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
*Quietly enters thread's Confessional.*

> I detest Satoshi/Ash Ketchum and sometimes wish the shipping community would stop focusing on him like he was the eligible single of a season of The Bachelor. Does anyone else here realize how infuriatingly persistent and lucky he actually is? After all, he is a classic example of the "mascot series protagonist" character archetype. He's covered in layers upon layers of plot armor; he's always in the company of a Gym Leader or two; holds the absolute attention of everyone he meets before winning their admiration/respect; encounters each and every legendary creature that are for the most part only rumored to exist; and most recently he's developed super special powers which only appear every eon or so (Ash-Greninja). Isn't it strange that the great majority of his typically poor decisions have relatively benign consequences? If a normal trainer made the same mistakes he did, they'd be in a mess of trouble.

If your passion happens to be Poke-/Advance-/Pearl-/Amourshipping, please don't take my views as a personal attack. Shippers have my respect so long as they never let anyone discourage them from supporting the pairings they love. I personally believe the only Ash pairing with any substance to it is Palletshipping, and that's because (1) he and Shigeru/Gary Oak have a long history together, and (2) the latter did enough growing up over the course of several seasons for the both of them. It's perfectly fine if you disagree with me.

> I fully support Villains x Game/Manga protagonists ships across the board.

> Although I like some pretty bizarre pairings outside of Pokemon, I can never bring myself to give pokephilia a shot.

...That's all I can think of at the moment.

taeuknam

Even though I'm an Amourshipper, I secretly have Pokeshipping sympathies from before XY, since it was my OTP before SatoSere.

Although I have a headcanon where all the characters are paired off and married, with Ash and Serena having a daughter whom I ship with May and Drew's son, I secretly think that an alternate headcanon where Serena is married to Clemont for his money and openly cheats on him with Ash would be hilarious.

I still stand by my original statement 3 years ago that I want Ash to get Serena pregnant by the end of XY.

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
Very quietly strolls into the thread

1) I'm a huge fan of PokemonXPokemon ships and PokemonXHuman ships, whereas I can't really ship many of the HumanXHuman ships from Pokemon. None of the characters aside from a few hold my interest in the slightest.

2) I'm probably the only person that ships Ash and his Greninja. Canonically, they've got one of the strongest bonds Ash has had with a pokemon and they're incredibly similar character. Of course, I love platonic AshXGreninja too, but I'm probably the only one that would willingly accept it at a higher level.

3) I can't stand Misty or Pokeshipping. Each to their own of course and if you enjoy the ship, that's perfectly fine and I hope you enjoy it, but I just don't see it. Same with May and Dawn's ships. I will admit that I like Amourshipping as it's actually interesting from my perspective to view.

4) Pikachu and TR Meowth is cute as all hell! However, Meowth with anything else makes me triggered beyond belief.

AmethystLeslie

-I'm not the kind to care about shipping like it's my life. So even my OTPs I'm not super excited about.
-I say i like RocketShipping... but I usually dislike them greatly as Team Rocket. They show up too much, and I hate them most when they try to steal Pikachu and/or other pokemon there.
-Despite the fact the SpecialShipping is the most popular ship of PokeSpe, I had to be told via TV Tropes that Yellow had a crush on Red. I was like, "since when?"
-Ash ships aren't my thing, since I don't like the character. AmourShipping is interesting, however.

rfpitagoras

ObsesiveAmourshipper
*Before i Watched XYZ i PROMESSED myself not get into amour. Look at my sig and my.."gray thingy under my name". too cute4me
*I think marrison is crepy because of the ages, but can't help myself. I ship them So hard!
*i get way too involves in the shippings. Like waaay too much

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
1. I'm about as obsessive a shipper as you can get. I seem to be wired for it, because I started obsessing over characters and their relationships when I was in first grade; daydreaming about it just comes naturally with me. And I'll stick with the same OTP for years and years. That comes with emotional highs, but then if things don't go right, I take it really hard. Like, if Ash ended up with someone who isn't Misty, I'd be really upset. And it still bugs me when people say that all Pokeshipping hints were dub-added, or that Misty didn't care about Ash because she was mean to him (granted, she was kinda, at first, the way kids are, but eventually, they developed more of a teasing relationship). Misty hasn't been a main character for over 10 years. 10 years! Pokeshipping isn't my OTP anymore, but it's still really important to me. In shipping, there's almost always one character I relate to more, and I end up strongly internalizing that character, to the point where they become a part of myself and I can easily see think as them. And then I get upset that the characters I love aren't real. Sure, they're real in a way, but it's not the way I want (I think this is an issue a lot of writers and actors have issues with). I've spent a lot of time obsessing over this, and I've realized a lot of interesting things about the relationship between fiction, reality, and the self, why and how we love fictional characters; that's what my Tumblr's about. So, it's not all bad... For a long time, I was worried that I could only ship, but not fall in love with a real person, and I'd forever be able to experience love without really having it. Turns out that's not true, so that's good. (And before someone asks, yeah, I've seen therapists for general anxiety issues, and talked about all this... none of them seem to think it's a problem, though, so...) What I really hope for is that when I fall in love with someone and spend the rest of my life with them, that'll replace shipping. Sure, I'll still ship, but it won't be as important as it is now.

2. So, the reason Pokeshipping isn't my OTP anymore is that I made up a daughter for Ash and Misty for fun, and someone to ship her with... and then I went and developed those characters and got obsessed with that instead. *Headesk* But yeah, I'm writing a fanfiction about that now, because I want other people to love those characters, too, I want them to be real to other people. My dream for them is for them to become the accepted fanon for second generation characters. Yeah, I know that's a lofty goal, and it probably won't happen, but that's what I'd really love to happen.

3. I try to relate to other shippers over our feelings-- after all, who else understands what it's like to be obsessed with the relationships of characters on a kids' anime? But it gets a little dicey sometimes when I'm talking to people from opposing ships. I try to understand others' feelings, but eventually, I want them to understand my feelings, too, even though they never asked for my presence and don't owe me anything. Sometimes I get defensive when people say certain things and... one time I went off a little in the Amourshipping thread, a while back. What I really wanted was just for them to understand what I like about Pokeshipping the way I understand what they like about Amour, show them how I see it... I thought I was careful to make that clear, but some people thought I was trying to start a ship war. Oops. Eh, in the end, I shouldn't have done it... in fact I knew when I was writing it that it probably wouldn't go over well, exactly... I even thought I might get infracted for it. But I did feel validated afterward, so I can't say I regret it, either.

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
I ship weird things on both Pokemon: (LysandrexMalva, GardevorixHydreigon, SceptilexLilligant)
And other things such as Digimon: (WarGreymonxMetalGarurumon, LilithmonxLucemon,RosemonxBeelzemon)
Steven Universe: (Amedot)
I;m also quite of a jump-shipper when it comes to Ash pairings, but I msotly like Pearlshipping

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I read a Pokeshipping one-shot I wrote years ago, and ended up blushing and smiling over it like some kind of moron. Over something I myself wrote. A more recent reviewer said that I understood Misty better than just about any writer they'd read, and that made me really happy. ...Yeah, I'm humble-bragging, but Misty's important to me, so I was proud.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I like the Professor Oak x Delia ship, but I disapprove of the belief that Professor Oak's Ash's father. Mainly because of the creep factor, given Oak would've been 40 and Delia 18 at the time. Though I'd be totally fine with him becoming Ash's stepdad

AdvancedGenGenesect

Even though Im not a pokeshipper i have a real soft spot for pokeshipping
and im an AdvancedShipper but if someone mocks pokeshipping ill debate more roughly and ill use more evidence than I would for AdvancedShipping and this is similiar to Pearlshipping but I dont respect pearlshipping as much as pokeshipping.
its also a thing I accidentaly act like a pokeshipper especially on the forums even when I fail to notice it.
unlike other people I also ship for fun but I make sure that theres a good chance ot could become canon or ash or a character i ship may have secret felings for the other.