• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shippers Confessional Thread

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Uhm okay:

.I don't ship anyone with Ash except for Misty. It was srsly a kid thing. Up until now I still love it
.Same with Jessie and James. Loved them as a kid
.Even Pikachu and Meowth. It may be odd but its Pokemon/Pokemon that I rly like

These are weird. I dont do straight couples. Since Im a lesbian I tend to do yuri ships.
I cant list them all but yeah you get my drift.

I also like incest. Atm Lusamine/Lillie. Its not just coz theyre mother and daughter. Its just that just imagine if Lusamine never got into the ultra beast thing. And Lillie stayed with her. They got too close and well...

Age doesnt matter to me like Lusamine/Lillie and Cynthia/Dawn. Theyre only fictional characters so yup.
Theres always AU.

Hopefully not bashing any ship here.

Well, here's my go at ruining myself.
-I absolutely and completely dislike Drew, but for some reason the only pairings of him I dislike. are Contest and Tension.

-"I don't ship Pokemon x Human, that's gross!!"-younger me. I lied. I totally ship it,all the time.

-Selfcest like Malevolent is my guilty pleasure.

-I adore Pokesilvershipping, and I dislike how they just threw away Lyra's crush. If they didn't I think it would have been more popular.

-I barely like ANY anime Serena ships. Game Serena I could pair with anyone no problem. I only like Anime Serena with Miette and Ash.

-I don't get the Guzma shipping hype. I'm fond of AetherSkull (Lusamine x Guzma) and I think that's about it.

-Consequentially, my friends tried to pressure me into liking Skull (Guzma x Plumeria) and Spice (Kiawe x Mallow). I dislike them both now.

-Name a main character. I probably ship him/her with 50+. Heck, I ship minor characters like Lisia with 50+ people.

-I didn't see any Lillie x Hau at all when playing through Sun AND Moon. I saw more Hau x Gladion than either Hau x MC and Lillie x Hau. Funnily my S&M Ships are Elio x Lillie, Selene x Gladion, and Hau x either Illmia or Shauna.

Well i think that's all I can think of.

*deep breath*

I ship Moon x Lillie, Lillie x Gladion, Gladion x Hau and Hau x Lillie all at once. It's really awkward.

Also, I dislike shipping Ash with anyone further than a platonic shipping, mainly because I feel really awkward shipping a ten year old with someone romantically.

By extension, I hate AmourShipping with an actual passion.

I do not ship any ships sexually. I ship mostly platonically, and a couple romantically, but that's it.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'm gonna come out and say that I ship Felix and Oscar in all iterations of The Odd Couple.

I also ship Sid and Diego in the Ice Age movies.

culturalpike

So I'll add a few more words here:

- I really don't like an idea, that Ash will end up with Serena. It's killing me.
- I don't ship Ash with anyone, becouse I love him so much as character on its own. To be honest, I think that Ash should end up alone. I really appreciate frindships, which he have with girls, but I don't believe, that he will one day finish his journey and just have a sweet, little family.
- But if I have to choose a ship, I like pearlshipping and Ash/Anabel.
- Outside of Ash, I ship: Jasse/James, May/Drew, Brock/Lucy.

KrysalKasi

*I feel that ChosenShipping (Blue x Silver) does not get enough love, and is extremely underrated. People are so quick to jump with a closed mind that "Silver only sees Blue as a sister!" Feelings can change, they're not blood related, and I see their relationship as true love, because they never forget each other, and still think of one another.

*I feel like PenguinShipping and IkariShipping are overrated, and CavalierShipping is underrated. I absolutely love Dawn x Gary and feel kinda sad to see such a lack of fan art for it.

*I cannot stand the OldRivalShippers and ChosenShippers that portray Green or Silver to be evil, or hateful, just for the sake of their own ship.

*Getting really tired of seeing LuckyShippers who bash OldRival and Special fans, and constantly spitting "my ship has more hints than yours" "Yellow is OP" etc, and then it's like ChosenShippers don't even exist to them in their rants either.

*I'm also really tired of people saying that Amour, Special, Contest, and Frantic are canon, because they're not. None of the characters from those ships are in a relationship. Shipping is short for Relationshipping, meaning that it is canon if they're in a relationship.

*I'm a MangaPokeShipper, but I'm tired of the community making anti-special, Yellow hate, etc. They make sane MangaPoke fans look like trash. Then again, I guess I kinda ship both.

*TeaShipping (Bill x Daisy) and VolcanoShipping (Tabitha x Flannery) are also so underrated that it hurts.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Been watching "Hey Arnold!" recently since the teaser for the new movie came out, and I've been way into Arnold/Helga. Like, more into it than when I was a kid, even. I was watching the episode "Married" last night, and I noticed something I'd never caught before, and I was totally sighing over it. I'm a 29 year old woman, what's wrong with me?

In all seriousness, though, Helga's portrayal in that series helped me come to terms with my own obsessive shipping when I was a kid. Her love for Arnold is portrayed as awkward, but also very real and sympathetic. She's obsessed with him, but she also genuinely loves him for who he is and wants him to be happy. Her feelings help her cope with her problems and give her inspiration. I love how the episode "Helga's Love Potion" deals with the dual nature of obsession. Like, Helga's feelings for Arnold drive her to distraction, but without them, she feels empty and bored. So to ask whether it's healthy or not is kind of beside the point; there's good and there's bad about it, but ultimately, it's just who she is. This is a very real thing for artistic types and geniuses. Not the first work I've seen tackle that theme, but it's definitely one of the best, because it doesn't romanticize the "tortured artist" type.

I could go on about why Helga and Arnold totally belong together... but that wouldn't fit the theme of the thread, so I'll abstain.

encas

Come to me...
Buckle in, everybody: this is going to be a long one:

-I dislike most rivalry-based pairings. While I see how many of those dynamics could be seen as rife with sexual tension, they usually strike me as out-of-character, unless the romance adds another dimension onto the rivalry. Plus, if there is a reason that the ship in question could be less plausible (such as enormous age differences between the characters, or depending on the target demographic, same-sex pairings), the whole package becomes a a stretch, imo.

-On the other hand, I love crossover ships in which the characters being paired go through similar character arcs. For example, one of my absolute favorites is Elsa from Frozen and Tau from Bubu Chacha. Even though basically everyone's familiar with Elsa and hardly anyone remembers Tau, their experiences are very similar: both of them are introduced as characters who shut themselves off from others out of fear, albeit for different reasons. Elsa is afraid of hurting others as she shames herself, and Tau is initually petrified of making (and subsequently losing) friends to the point where even when the protagonist tries to get his attention with his full name, Tau hardly takes his nose out of his book. Subsequently, both of them begin to open up to others, even if it is more gradual in Tau's case. Even if I am likely the only person shipping this anywhere, I wholeheartedly support it with only a few adjustments (Tau is literally five in his series), based off of the potential in my head alone.

-Furthermore, I generally don't ship root for the most plausible (or downright canon) ships unless it otherwise appeals to me, or it is fleshed out enough over the course of the work to the point where I start shipping it. The latter case is especially likely if the relationship is the focal point of the series (think Toradora or My Love Story).

Krackochu

WOW this is still up jeez! Anyways I don't ship Ash with anyone literally no one I feel that Ash when he grows up would end up single.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
WOW this is still up jeez! Anyways I don't ship Ash with anyone literally no one I feel that Ash when he grows up would end up single.
Seconded more than you know. Although I feel that maybe by his thirties he could attract someone... (Maybe.)

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
- Ash isn't so dislikable or thick-headed that no one would ever be attracted to him... rather, he's a ten year old who just doesn't consider dating and romance yet, and that's why shipping him - with anybody - strikes me as strange.

- I don't get people who enjoy shipping so much they spend a lot of their free time exploring random pairings they've discovered. You do you, and I'm not saying it's a bad hobby - it doesn't harm anyone, but it also doesn't appeal to me.

- While I have an OTP (N x Hilda), it's silly to get consumed by it to the point you get upset when canon contradicts it. In the end, these are two characters created by somebody else, and you have no control over whether or not they end up together.

- I don't see the point of shipping characters who've never met in canon.

- Shipping fanfiction is unfairly looked down on; a lot of it is actually really good, even if I don't support the pairing.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
*this is a sticky thread so i can post in it. i think*

ANYWAYS

I detest Amourshipping, primarily because I dislike Serena. I’m also incredibly defensive of my favorite characters and treat them like my actual boyfriends (ex. do not bring up Cilan x anyone around me PERIOD unless it’s, well, me). The only ship in the favorite character category that I’m neutral-ish on is Allister x Acerola, because it makes sense. I am indifferent to ships involving Ash. That is not my domain, so therefore, i do not care.
also i may or may not have a four-way polyamorous ship with me, Cilan, Chili, and Cress YES I KNOW IT’S WEIRD. reading second-person ship focus is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
*this is a sticky thread so i can post in it. i think*

ANYWAYS

I detest Amourshipping, primarily because I dislike Serena. I’m also incredibly defensive of my favorite characters and treat them like my actual boyfriends (ex. do not bring up Cilan x anyone around me PERIOD unless it’s, well, me). The only ship in the favorite character category that I’m neutral-ish on is Allister x Acerola, because it makes sense. I am indifferent to ships involving Ash. That is not my domain, so therefore, i do not care.
also i may or may not have a four-way polyamorous ship with me, Cilan, Chili, and Cress YES I KNOW IT’S WEIRD. reading second-person ship focus is a guilty pleasure of mine.
I actually do like amourshipping however I really hate how they handled it (they should have had Serena develop her feelings throughout the series instead of right away which made her feel a bit obsessive over Ash and it would have prevented Serena feeling like the most important and only part of her character was the shipping subplot, which it wasn't.)

Morax

King of heroes
I actually do like amourshipping however I really hate how they handled it (they should have had Serena develop her feelings throughout the series instead of right away which made her feel a bit obsessive over Ash and it would have prevented Serena feeling like the most important and only part of her character was the shipping subplot, which it wasn't.)
I don't think they could have done it any differently, serena is not a bitchy tsundere( thank heavens! ). Her confidence did grow over the course of the season though ; At first she was too beta to hold his hand but by the end she had the courage to kiss him. That's some promising development right there.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ash would make a terrible husband/boyfriend. Nobody deserves him tbqh.
Nobody deserves Ash because he's freaking ten. Dating is literally the last thing on his mind if ever. Let him be a kid and grow up on his own terms.

His sense of determination and creativity in finding solutions will come in handy as a grown-up, though. And perhaps he won't be a deadbeat husband and father.

Morax

King of heroes
Nobody deserves Ash because he's freaking ten
Notto disu shitto agen..... All of his friends and rivals are 10 and they're pretty aware of romance/dating. Ash is clueless because that's a common japanese trope.

He's never going to be interested in girls even if he grows up. If you want a glimpse at his future look no further than son goku and monkey d luffy.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Nobody deserves Ash because he's freaking ten. Dating is literally the last thing on his mind if ever. Let him be a kid and grow up on his own terms.

His sense of determination and creativity in finding solutions will come in handy as a grown-up, though. And perhaps he won't be a deadbeat husband and father.
Too bad he wont actually grow up to make us found out..

Morax

King of heroes
Too bad he wont actually grow up to make us found out..
These things are obvious. Pokemon operates with the same cliches and archetypes as other popular shounen. If you think ash will grow up to be a ladies' man then you're being delusional.