• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shippers Confessional Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
These things are obvious. Pokemon operates with the same cliches and archetypes as other popular shounen. If you think ash will grow up to be a ladies' man then you're being delusional.
When did I say I think Ash will grow up like this, when my last post implied exactly the opposite?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
If you want a glimpse at his future look no further than son goku
Goku still married and had kids, though. Lol.

Ash becoming more like Luffy would be a legit surprise and a crowning achievement since it means he becomes a badass and the King of the Pirates a Pokémon Master like he wants. I don't see how Ash becoming either like Goku or Luffy in the future is a bad thing.

Morax

King of heroes
Goku still married and had kids, though. Lol
Yes, with a girl who forced him into submission. Even after their marriage he's been a negligent husband to chi-chi and a terrible father to gohan. That's what ash will grow up to become.
I don't see how Ash becoming either like Goku or Luffy in the future is a bad thing
we're talking about their predisposition for love and both goku and luffy are utter failures in that category. Quit moving goalposts.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
we're talking about their predisposition for love and both goku and luffy are utter failures in that category.
Luffy's not oblivious to love at all, he knows full well what it is despite not being interested in romantic relationships himself. Ash comes off as the same way in that he knows what it is (he doesn't think it's food like Goku, the country bumpkin raised away from people, thought in the start), he's just not interested.

Not showing interest =/= oblivious negligence.

Yes, with a girl who forced him into submission. Even after their marriage he's been a negligent husband to chi-chi and a terrible father to gohan.
Goku kept his promise to marry Chi Chi even though he thought she was talking about food, and has continued to remain married to her despite her being flanderized into a harpy pushing education onto her sons and wanting her husband to make a better living. He's not neglectful just because he has a penchant and lifelong desire to train outside of the known galaxy and get stronger, he ensures his family has a roof over their heads and food on the table (Chi Chi actually likes cooking for him and her sons btw) and protects the earth for their sake on top of the sake of his friends and the other inhabitants. Chi Chi being the brains of the relationship and perpetually worrying about her family's future isn't an uncommon trope in fictional married couples, though in a way, she actually balances out Goku in those very areas that he knows he's not strong in.

Their relationship dynamic is not like Vegeta and Bulma's nor Krillin and 18's, and that's perfectly fine.

Quit moving goalposts.
3b5TT.png

Morax

King of heroes
he's just not interested
That's literally what i'm talking about. He's not interested in settling down and having a family and ash is in the same boat. These qualities are what make him a terrible life partner.
Not showing interest =/= oblivious negligence
Nice strawmann. I never said he was oblivious, just negligent.
Goku kept his promise to marry Chi Chi
lol what? He forgot all about it until chi-chi brought it up. He had no intention of getting married, only because chi-chi forced him into it.
He's not neglectful just because he has a penchant and lifelong desire to train outside of the known galaxy and get stronger, he ensures his family has a roof over their heads and food on the table (Chi Chi actually likes cooking for him and her sons btw) and protects the earth for their sake on top of the sake of his friends and the other inhabitants. Chi Chi being the brains of the relationship and perpetually worrying about her family's future isn't an uncommon trope in fictional married couples, though in a way, she actually balances out Goku in those very areas that he knows he's not strong in
It's a ridiculously one-sided relationship where chi-chi is the one keeping them together. And you're saying that's a good thing? Goku doesn't care about his family as much as he does about battling strong opponents. He willfully decided to stay in the other world after cell saga instead of being with his family, he got a driver's licence only because chi-chi imposed, nothing he does is out of love but because he's being told to do so.

If you still don't get it then let me tell you what happens when Ash gets married. He's going **** off to another region without a care not be back for another 10 years. Take a look at delia, that's the kind of future awaiting his wife.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
That's literally what i'm talking about. He's not interested in settling down and having a family and ash is in the same boat. These qualities are what make him a terrible life partner.
Holy crap you're actually arguing that a freaking prepubescent 10-year-old having no interest in settling down to start a family is a bad thing that suggests he'll be a terrible husband when he grows up. Based on his behavior as a 10-year-old child. And Luffy, who is literally making a name for himself and becoming a man, is only 19 currently and just-about illiterate and in the middle of a war right now, but I guess everyone must make it a goal to drop everything to marry and start a family the moment they turn 18 or even before that or they're automatically being irresponsible deadbeats.

Imagine claiming a child who hasn't even hit puberty yet will make for a terrible spouse and parent just because they haven't developed crushes and/or don't understand how relationships work. Heaven forbid kids should be kids, or that late-bloomers exist.

lol what? He forgot all about it until chi-chi brought it up. He had no intention of getting married, only because chi-chi forced him into it.
Goku forgot, yes (because a lot of crazy stuff went on that was more important and he was just a dumb kid), but he still remembered that once she reminded him and took the responsible route in keeping to that promise. Goku is painfully naïve, but he's not heartless.

Goku doesn't care about his family as much as he does about battling strong opponents. He willfully decided to stay in the other world after cell saga instead of being with his family
By the way, Vegeta was a deadbeat parent who wasn't even present for Trunk's birth until the Buu saga when he realized he actually had feelings for Bulma and his son, and sometime after Buu was defeated, he married Bulma. At least Goku got to raise Gohan from birth somewhat, but we don't know what life was like for Goku and Chi Chi before the start of DBZ. Gohan was a honeymoon baby for all we know.

he got a driver's licence only because chi-chi imposed
The driver's license episode, while hilarious, was a filler episode and is not canon to Toriyama's vision. Nice try.

Morax

King of heroes
Imagine claiming a child who hasn't even hit puberty yet will make for a terrible spouse and parent just because they haven't developed crushes and/or don't understand how relationships work
>implying he's going to develop crushes when he grows up
.....lmao. Even though both luffy and ash are inspired by goku you still believe that they'll be any different when they grow up? You know we're talking about shounen heroes right? These characters never change.
but he's not heartless
Another strawmann...
When did i imply that he was heartless? Don't put words in my mouth.
By the way, Vegeta was a deadbeat parent who wasn't even present for Trunk's birth until the Buu saga when he realized he actually had feelings for Bulma and his son, and sometime after Buu was defeated, he married Bulma. At least Goku got to raise Gohan from birth somewhat, but we don't know what life was like for Goku and Chi Chi before the start of DBZ. Gohan was a honeymoon baby for all we know
Resorting to whataboutism now, are we? Vegeta might be worse but that don't dampen goku's shortcomings. He's painfully naive and that's what makes him an awful spouse. He's naively oblivious to the needs of his wife and child, he naively puts his own dream/goals before his family, he is naively incapable of maintaining relationships.

( Do you really think delia/chi-chi are happy wives? This kind of medieval mentality that women should take care of the household while their husbands can do whatever they want is utterly disgusting and demeaning. A marriage where the man is completely oblivious to his woman's needs and wants is a failed marriage. )

Last edited:

The Unknown Twinkie

Lilligant is so cute
He's never going to be interested in girls even if he grows up. If you want a glimpse at his future look no further than son goku and monkey d luffy.

we're talking about their predisposition for love and both goku and luffy are utter failures in that category. Quit moving goalposts.
Wow I can't believe you just call Luffy an utter failure. Goku I can understand but Luffy is more of a ladies man then freaking Ash, despite Luffy not interested in love.

Dude Ash is 10 years old. Why does it bother you that much that you have to try and defend your argument? With other shounen none of the less. You should accept other people opinions and not be such a baby about a 10 year old kid! Being in a relationship. You need your priorities to be checked.

Also that is why Ash should just get up with Latias or Bayleef that way they can travel with ash instead of being a housewife. Boom problem solved.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Dunno what ignite the whole Goku thing but just remembering this one:

DB Super had a bit where it states Goku's never kissed Chichi. Kind of contradicts a Cell saga episode where it's implied they kissed but still....

Morax

King of heroes
Dude Ash is 10 years old
For the last time, ash is not going to change when he grows up. These guys never change.
Also that is why Ash should just get up with Latias or Bayleef that way they can travel with ash instead of being a housewife
lmao ash has a higher probability of ending up with freaking iris than he does with an anthropomorphic animal.

I understand i've dragged this out for too long, apologies.
I'm out.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
This isn't my area to watch, but let's try to keep things more civil in here next time...

Thank you.

Morax

King of heroes
I confess to secretly ship Delia x professor Oak and burnett x faba.
The ladies are sexually frustrated because their husbandos' dingdong ain't big enough. Prof.Oak and Faba help them release all of that tension.

Also cuckui has a cuckold fetish and loves to watch from the sidelines :>

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I confess to secretly ship Delia x professor Oak and burnett x faba.
The ladies are sexually frustrated because their husbandos' dingdong ain't big enough. Prof.Oak and Faba help them release all of that tension.

Also cuckui has a cuckold fetish and loves to watch from the sidelines :>
why so lewd bro

pokeplayer9994

I used to hate Amourshiping with a passion as I saw it as a betrayal to Pokeshipping. However, I have come to like Amourshipping over time, but it'll never outclass Pokeshipping for me.

Last edited:

World Turtle

I am of several minds on Ash-related shipping. Mainly two: Anime Canon and Fan-Fiction.

Anime Canon: I'm pessimistic about ever seeing any sort of romantic resolution for several reasons. Especially since the show is first and foremost about Ash's relationship with his Pokemon (mainly Pikachu). The show is called Pokemon not Ash's love life. Aside from the whole "he's 10" thing Ash is a Stock Shounen Hero and his voice actor (Rica) has gone on record that he just doesn't think about love in romantic terms. Maybe that'll change if he's ever allowed to be aged up, but for now a one-sided romance doesn't interest me.

Fan-Fiction: Ship whoever you want I don't care. Though between Shipping Wars/Die For Our Ship/Character Bashing and treating the girls (be it Misty, Serena, etc.) as objects rather than their own people and just putting them with Ash to boost his own ego... that has put me off shipping quite a bit. I am open to a good well written romance.

CruiseShipper

I confess that I hate ships where the girl is taller than, older than, more powerful than, or has more of a backbone than the man. I don't think it's endearing at all, let alone sexy. Case in point: Wonder Woman with any male character who isn't Superman.

I confess that I'm also against interspecies ships. If a character is human, they should stick to dating other humans, not experiment with humanoid aliens. I think it's disgusting (I'm looking at YOU, Mass Effect). In fantasy settings, human and elf ships are tolerable to an extent. But even then, the human will naturally die of old age, leaving the immortal elf shattered. That's cruel.

I must also confess that I'm guilty of engaging in shipping wars. I don't have a problem with anyone not liking my ships tbh, but they should at least have a valid reason for it. And I have quite a few ships where people often overestimate one character's age and start dishing out pedophilia jokes. That's annoying to no end.