1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Shippers' Truth or Dare Thread (Chapter 2)

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by Sweet May, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaati

vaati Playing White 2

@DP

Er... Well, I like the idea of Samuel Oak x Deliah Ketchum, because the idea is just cute and endearing.

Moving on quickly....

@FlameRose

I think....

Do you revel in the idea of a shipping borne from pain? Say 2 people being captured by Team (Insert region specific team here) and tortured. Or perhaps toturer and torturee?

Il push the boat out and go for a drawing dare please (This may take a while and will be... Not awesome, but I need practice :p)

2. Dragonphantom

Dragonphantom Banned

Vaati- I dare you to draw AgonyShipping (Suicune x Umbreon)

I'll take a dare please.

Hmm, nope I cant say I have ^-^

3. FlameRose

FlameRose Well-Known Member

Since I was asked two things, I'll take both.

Arcanine: Blame an RP I'm reading. Paul's RPer gave him an IC way of having a huge crush on Cynthia, and it was just so adorable that I fell in love with the couple. xD

Vaati: Silver/Blue from Special comes to mind. They were both kidnapped as kids by Pryce, and their history together is what makes me a ChosenShipper. As for torturer and victim...Darkrai x Player from PMD2. Oh yeah.

Dragonphantom: I dare you to draw a Pryce/Candice picture. xD

Oh, Truth please!

4. ArcanineOod

ArcanineOod Peace, perfect peace

So, FlameRose, you like DarkraixPlayer from PMD2, eh? What other shippings do you support that contain the PMD2 player and why?

*coughcough* Ah, whatever. That's the dare I'll ask for now.
    xX

5. FlameRose

Friendshipping (Player x Partner) Grovyle x Celebi, Wigglytuff x Chatot (FFFFF), and for some reason... Loudred x Sunflora.

I dare you...to make a Twinleafshipping (Barry x Dawn) banner!

And truth once again. -is a chicken, oi-

6. riolulu

riolulu <riolulu_sppf.exe>

Prince.

Espeon’s eyes opened. Her master was finally asleep. She tiptoed across the bed and sleekly jumped to the ground silently. She then proceeded to walk out of the bedroom and to the back porch. She slipped through the conveniently placed dog door and jumped up on one of the chairs. From here, the night sky was easily viewable. The bright specks of white and soft yellow scattered across the black background soothed her. It made her think of someone…someone she cared for. He had black fur with yellow marquise patterns. He was elegant, he was a gentleman, he was strong, and he was everything she ever wanted. But she never had him. Every day she would see him at the pokemon center, and he would greet her curtly while she just blushed and smiled. Maybe stuttering a “hello” back. She rested her head in her front legs and sighed. She’ll just have to keep hoping…and waiting…for her prince.

It took me a long time to choose two pokemon...but then I remembered that in my Colosseum game I have an Espeon and an Umbreon...so I did those two! =D

What is your least favorite pokemon x pokemon shipping and why do you hate it?

I will take a truth this time. :3

~riolulu

7. FlameRose

Oooh, that's a tough one...If it counts, I dislike Player x Grovyle from PMD2. Never really felt romantic to me, just a partnership. If it doesn't...er, I don't like Plusle and Minun with anyone but themselves. Ranger corrupted me into believing they only belong with eachother.

As for your truth... what's a Pokemon x Pokemon you hated at firts but now love?

Truth once more!

8. Sweet May

Sweet May o.o

Sorry FlameRose but the rules state you must wait until 3 people reply after you so you can post again. Due to this, you are banned for a week!

Sweet May's Dare Index

^Just something I'd like to have around my posts here for the lulz. :p

However as a truth, why do you support Paul/Shinji x Cynthia/Shirona? Sorry but it would be interesting for me to know. :p

Dare yet again for me! Now hopefully with less delay!

9. Sapphiredragon929

Sapphiredragon929 A r t i f i c e.

Dare: Make a shonen-ai soft-art of a ship of your choice. I'll take a surprise No art plz. I suck at it. XD;

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  10. Skiyomi

Skiyomi Only Mostly Dead

To be honest, I don't really participate in debates much. The only one I can think of is from Spiral which is Kousuke/Rio. I thought they were really cute together, but the fandom only seems to like Kousuke/Ryoko.

Sapphiredragon929: Write a drabble for the pairing of your choice involving karaoke.

I'll take a drabble dare.

(be advised that I haven't watched the Pokemon anime in more than five years, which is why I strongly suggest glomming something off my shipping list (part 1 / part 2) or you will get nothing but errant nonesense.)

11. Mr. Joker

Mr. Joker keep calm & carry on

The Joker x Will (Johto Elite Four). Why you may ask? Because they are both crazy, they both are "Clowns" and probably share the same sarcasm. I love both of them and yes that is my Crossover Batman/Pokemon OTP.

@ Skiyomi: I dare you to write a Ron x Hermione drabble that has Albus Snape mentioned somewhere in it.

I'll take a Find a FA dare.

12. ArcanineOod

http://i34.*******.com/2cyrzt5.png

There. I'm not that awesome a banner creator, but I think that one turned out okay... =3

Mr. Joker: Find me some... Big the Cat x Rouge the Bat (characters from Sonic the Hedgehog) fanart. 8D

For my dare, I'll do either a sig or avatar making dare or a fanfiction dare for any crack pairing from Pokemon (but not the manga, please! =3) or Sonic the Hedgehog.
    Oh, and I really, really mean a crack couple! A totally out there, never in a million years ship... Like... Eggman x Omochao or something like that! XD

xX

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  13. riolulu

riolulu <riolulu_sppf.exe>

hmm actually I didn't support it before you mentioned that, but now that I think about it they would be really good together so I am adding that to my list. I like it because They seem compadible personality wise and you would think that Paul would want someone more mature...so...yeah! =D that's pretty much all it takes for me to support a new ship.

I DARE YOO to...make a comashipping avatar! =DDD one that I can set as my profile picture X3

I will take a dare. anything but a full-legnth fanfiction dare. I have school work to do and cannot finish a full legnth fiction. Also, if you dare me to make a graphic, expect it to be as crappy as crap can get. :3

~riolulu

14. Ampris

Ampris Slip slidin'

Hey, I wanna play. :] I totally left a standing dare on the old thread, but this time I'll try harder... and start out with something easier: truth

15. CeruleanGrace

CeruleanGrace Aspiring Trainer

Amphris, I think you're supposed to give riolulu a dare. I guess I'll do that for you, if it's allowed. Riolulu, I dare you to make a Pokeshipping one-shot that includes a water park. Preferably, with some decent dialogue. ; )

I'll take a truth, as it's my first time coming here. ^^

16. Skiyomi

Skiyomi Only Mostly Dead

I gotta say, I'm pretty darn pleased with myself on this one :) The Namesake?

Truth for CeruleanGrace: At what age do you think Ash and Misty will finally get together?

I'll take truth.

17. ArcanineOod

Oh my... How many outstanding dares do I have? D= I dare not count them!
    I'm currently on the search for vaguely PalletShippy and ComaShippy screenshots to complete those two dares, and I still need to rewatch the episodes with Anabel in before I can do my AbilityShipping oneshot... *sigh* I'll get around to them sooner or later! =3

Alright, Skiyomi... What truth can I give to you...?
    Hmm...
    What kind of shippings are you the most fond of? For example, are you a fan of love/hate or opposite attract shippings, or do you prefer shippings where the characters are already friendly with each other?

I, too, will take a truth.
    Bear in mind my top fandoms, and the ones I know most about, are: Pokemon (but not the manga), Sonic the Hedgehog, Shugo Chara!, Doctor Who, Death Note, Harry Potter, Star Wars and Indiana Jones. =3

Thank you!
    xX

18. Rave The Rich

Rave The Rich NOT the other 'Rave'

Well, first off, my apologies go to Forestwolf for taking this long to respond. Blame it on a busy schedule, if you will.

I actually did answer that question earlier in the thread, and I'll direct you to that post with a link.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=10312522&postcount=122

But I'll gladly answer for another ship most people don't think I like. Here goes...

ContestShipping (yeah, shock) is a good pair because of its genuineness. That might be general itself, but with two young people, the idea of falling in love is often either an afterthought or something of little interest, but they (clearly May and Drew) gained interest in one another with every flower, every minor player (like Harley and Solidad) and every contest that May would be determined not to lose just like the one before. So, if they ever got together, I'd be fine with it. Drew reacted sort of like Kenny. I'm not necessarily for it because of my background on this subject, but we're all different and this is good, not bad.

Wow, I went through an entire paragraph with nothing but GOOD ContestShipping remarks. Sign of the Apocalypse? :eek:

ArcanineOod: Which Pokemon gym leader pairs best with another gym leader and why?

I'll take a non-art dare, please.

19. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

Done with my dare (Stop the Rain)

Rave the Rich, I dare you to write and AcidRainshipping drabble.

I'll take Truth.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  20. Skiyomi

Skiyomi Only Mostly Dead

I like to see a certain amount of conflict in the pairings I support, so yeah, I like love/hate and opposite ships, but I tend to describe the ships I like as being “completion” or “compliment” ships. I prefer these terms because it implies that while the characters have a lot of differences, these tend to be positive when put together instead of being negative.

For example, my favorite ships (all from Slayers) Zelgadis x Amelia, Xellos x Filia, and Lina x Gourry. Zelgadis is a total pessimist and Amelia is all hyped up on justice triumphing over evil. Zel gives Amelia a dose of reality while Amelia keeps him from giving up. Xellos is a monster and therefore… well… badness and Filia is a dragon and therefore a servant of the Gods. Xellos is able to make Filia question her own moral superiority while Filia is the only one who can put a dent in Xellos’s composure. Lina is cunning, greedy, selfish, and kinda crooked sometimes (but we love her anyway!) and Gourry is as loyal as man’s best friend and at about the same intelligence level. So Gourry will defend Lina when she’s indefensible and Lina… well, she can help Gourry in the brain department.

There are other ships I like that fall into this category but Slayers does a very good job of illustrating it.

Truth for Darth Osiris: Do you think that based on the events of the 6th Harry Potter book that Filch/Madam Pince is canon? :D

I'll take a drabble dare.

(be advised that I haven't watched the Pokemon anime in more than five years, which is why I strongly suggest glomming something off my shipping list (part 1 / part 2) or you will get nothing but errant nonesense.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.