• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shippers United Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Thanks. Yeah, we can be like that. But I think it's also people who aren't as into it, because they don't realize how seriously some people take it. As for obsessive shippers, it really depends upon your personality. I mean, I really sympathize with other serious shippers, and I know how they feel. They just happen to like a different ship, but that's a small difference to me. So I wouldn't wanna make them feel bad.

Oh, it's ok, you're just using an example. Lol, I've never seen anything like that. It's funny. In an annoying kind of way, if you know what I mean. Oh, thanks for that too!

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Welcome back, Hakajin! I agree with every point you made, and sometimes I wish there were more shippers who held view like that. The shipping world would be a nicer place.

Gah, I really need to pay more attention to the clubs I'm in, how long has it been since I posted? Much too long@_@

Since we need a new topic, how about:

How into shipping are you?

I'd answer it now, but it's too much to think about so soon after waking up. What about you?

Krys

SPPF's spammer
Yo, can I join? I got into shipping last year when I learned about Digimon shippings. Now I'm into it big time and I do lots of shippy fanart, fanfics, and I'm always on the lookout for hints.
My favorite ships:
Pokemon
-Pokeshipping
-Rocketshipping
-Revelationshipping
-Preciousjewelshipping
(Crystal x Silver)
and a bunch more I forgot

Digimon
-see my new thread for a complete list

Naruto
-Ninjashipping
-Sakura x Sasuke
-Ino x Shikamaru
-Tenten x Rock Lee
Kakashi needs a girl BAD. Someone know any ships wiht him??

Miscellaneous
-Spasticshipping
(Feully x Joly. Credits to Phantom Bugsy)
Big enough to write shippy fics and make banners of my favorite ships, carry hint pics with me, little enough I don't set up shrines in my room and flame others for not agreeing with me.

Have you ever been insulted or harassed because of the ship you support?
Not yet, thankfully. But I have been criticized for not liking yaoi and yri shippings. I don't really like them that much, to be honest. Some I can live with, some I CANNOT STAND like Hottieshipping which makes steam come out of my ears. Incest shippings make me feel queasy as well. Polyshippings are interesting but I don't really get them...

What got you into shipping?
Probably Digimon and Magic School Bus. I watched that show when I was little and now that I'm older, I realize there are many ships I invented:
Wanda x Arnold=Phobiashipping
Dorothy Ann x Carlos=CornyJokeshipping
Phoebe x Tim: Quietshipping

Hey Krys, welcome(unofficially)! I think Hakajin is the only one to allow members in but you're as good as in already.
My shipping love used to be mild, not too high, I used to be all like "Oh my god, you ppl love shippings THAT much?!" I love shippings now, the ones I support at least.
Now, for sometime, I have been in such a good mood and my love for shipping has been raised. I'm not an obsessive shipper, but not too far from being one. So I'm really into shippings because its fun to be.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Hi! I'm back . . . again. Lol, this time, my computer got fried and we had to take it to the Geek Squad. It was a mess. Anyway, to answer the question, I'm the kind of person who goes completely nutso over shipping. But I'm sure everyone knew that by now. Lol. Seriously though, I think about it all the time, I get that euphoric feeling from it sometimes, and I spent about three months depressed when they took Misty off. It's like I'm the one in love, instead of the characters. It's a bit . . . neurotic, I think. Someday I want to write a paper about it and get it status as a complex, named after myself, of course. Lol, but I love it, and I'm glad I do.

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Hee, yeah, I knew all about your obsession, Hakajin. It's so funny, because sometimes reading how you feel about your ship it's almost exactly how I feel about mine, but with a different situation/characters. As of late I've become completely obsessed with my ship, always daydreaming and fantasizing when I should be focusing on real life, and I've done some pretty weird stuff because of it, too. One amusing thing was changing my favorite color because of a strong association between said color and my ship, and then making sure all my things were that color. Notebooks, my pencils and pencil case, hair ties, my chair, the list goes on and on. It's getting strange, and people notice it, too.X3

You should hurry up and get that paper written so we 'happy sufferers' can be dignosed.:D

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I know what's that like. Really? What color was it? Magenta? As for me, I've gone so far as to try to change my behavior patterns according to the characters in my ship.

Lol, I love that phrase- "happy sufferers". That's us all right! I think it's more common than we know though, people just don't like to talk about it in real life.

I'll probably go into shipping overdrive when I leave for college. Tomorrow. I'm a little worried about something minor concerning my ship, which is not good, because it's sorta like a security blanket for me, and if I'm worried about that too, I'll be in trouble. But I think it'll be ok. I hope.

BTW Ampris, I love that song in your sig. Have you heard the version by Haley Westenra?

Krys

SPPF's spammer
I love shippings because there's no romance in my life and no way I could ever have a romantic relatinship with anyone(it's who I AM). So instead I cook up the romance for my cartoon characters. For example: the history of Hopeshipping my favorite ship which is Morty/Clair
1. It started with my Morty obsession, I figured he needed a girl
2. I paired him with Sabrina and attempted a shippy fic, it failed
3. For a short time I considered Whitney ,Jasmine and Winona
4. Then, I saw an article of 'What's you're favorite shipping' on Bulbagarden forums and discovered that Clair is the ultimate match.

Pardon me, but I have a good next topic:
Have you ever heard a song on the radio or anywhere that reminds you of a ship?
Dont know why but Bad Day reminds me of Pokeshipping or Misty in general.
Love Song by The Cure reminds me of pretty much every ship there is. You shippers HAVE to listen to that song! It's like the shipping theme song. That or Pictures of You(also by TC)

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Hakajin said:
I know what's that like. Really? What color was it? Magenta? As for me, I've gone so far as to try to change my behavior patterns according to the characters in my ship.

Lol, I love that phrase- "happy sufferers". That's us all right! I think it's more common than we know though, people just don't like to talk about it in real life.

I'll probably go into shipping overdrive when I leave for college. Tomorrow. I'm a little worried about something minor concerning my ship, which is not good, because it's sorta like a security blanket for me, and if I'm worried about that too, I'll be in trouble. But I think it'll be ok. I hope.

BTW Ampris, I love that song in your sig. Have you heard the version by Haley Westenra?

Actually the color is purple, but magenta works, too. It's so nice to know that my shipping habits aren't as crazy as I had thought. Changing your personality is going pretty far, but it's just fine in my opinion.:) At least you did it on purpose- I think I'm starting to do that unconsiously and it's really freaking me out.o_O

Maybe we should start a group called "Obsessed Shippers Annonymous" and see many people would join- it would probably work out, LOL.

Thinking of your ship as a security blanket- that's a nice way of putting it. Shipping is something so comfortable and fun, and holding it close to your heart is an easy way of staying happy. That's a big perk of being a shipper, and one reason I can't undersand militant shippers way of thinking; why take something like love of all things and marry it with [a sort of] warfare? It doesn't make sense at all. Defending your ship is fine, but pushing your ship as the absolute truth and declaring every other ship 'wrong' or 'idiotic' is...well, not. It's even kinda scary at times._.

I hope things went smoothly for you going to college, I have a few years left before I go, but it sounds stressful. And worrying about your ship at any time is downing, but this is a very inopportune time.:(

Yeah, that song is really beautiful, though I haven't heard any version but Enya's so far.

And on topic, yes, I hear songs all the time that remind of my ship; I'll listen to the radio for that purpose secifically, sometimes. Actually, and this is a little strange, but only a minute ago I added the, er, sixty-first song to my list of shipping songs:s To preserve your patience I won't post the list, maybe just the top five.

1)The Rose- Bette Midler
2)That’s All- Genesis
3)Don’t Know Much- Aaron Neville& Linda Ronstadt
4)I’ll Be There for You- the Rembrandts
5)Still the One- The Orleans

Even though that's just for my OTP, I do collect songs for other ships, too. Really!:p

Blind by Lifehouse - Pokeshipping
Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler - Advanceshipping
The First Cut is the Deepest by Sheryl Crow- Orangeshipping
Handyman by James Taylor - Handymanshipping (lol, obvious)

There are several others, but without a list they slip out of my mind like nothingX_X

I still believe there should be a thread for posting any shipping songs; once somebody tried to start one, but the mod closed it on the premise that all ships should have different song threads, even though not every ship could sustain a thread like that. Later when I asked for permission, she ignored me.:(

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Lol, yeah, I can see that too. Really? I always dream of being in a relationship just like my ship, so I want to be like the characters. The thing is, I'm more like Misty than I think. Lol, I've thought of that before.

Yeah, it's something constant. I have it wherever I go. It sorta reminds me of home. Yeah, I know what you mean.

Well, I'm not worried anymore. Funny, when I first got here, I was hardly thinking of shipping at all. But I've been thinking about it again lately.

You should get Haley Westenra's CD "Odessy". I think you'd really like it.

Yeah, I listen to music like that too. I think my favorites for Pokeshipping are "At The Beginning" by some guy and some girl, the names of whom I can't remember, and "Accidentally in Love" by . . . actually, I can't remember who did that either. Was is Smash Mouth? I like the songs you chose though!

I think we need a new topic. Let's see . . . Ah, I know.

Do you tend to dislike opposing ships solely because they conflict with yours?

I know I do. Well, it's not so much a matter of disliking them as they depress me. Lol. But of course, I don't want them to happen. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling this way. It's natural, and you can't help it. It's only when you start bashing ships that it becomes a problem.

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Ahh, forgive me for being such a bad co-owner and forgetting to post again.:(

That's a good topic, Hakajin. Yeah, occasionally I can be really biased against opposing ships for no reason other than that they go against mine, and I guess it is normal. There was one in particular that I heard a lot about from other people without actually seeing the episode, and it became something horrible in my mind, a terrible shipping that had no good points and was out to destroy mine. That was way back when I was only just starting to ship (and was slightly touched when it came to shipping, apparentlyX_X), so luckily my attitude toward other ships is a lot better now. Now most of the time I'll either pay it no attention or try to make it more tolerable by making a threesome or somethingXD But most of time ignoring works, since I get into less trouble and the whole thing feels easier. I found it's much better, even while being obsessed with a shipping, not to take yourself too seriously because there's always the risk of people flaming you for your shipping beliefs, but their anger and/or hate won't be as effective if you're cool enough to laugh at them for it:3

And there's a bit of bad news. I won't be able to come online next week, sadly, so you guys'll have to do without me for a bit (and if you can notice a difference, let me know;; ), but I'll make up for it when I get back.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Ah, that's ok. I'm not around much either, now that I'm in school. But yeah, I know exactly how that feels. Other ships just bother me. I've gotten seriously upset about hints for some.

Blatantly fanon ships (like nevermets) don't bother me. It only upsets me if I think there's something to it, because then it's "real". What the show does goes for me, most of the time. If something happens that I don't like, I can analyze it out, but it takes a long time of obsessing over it, and then I'm not completely happy with it.

Yeah, I try not to take myself to seriously either. I mean, I think my ship is just the most wonderful thing in the world, but I have to laugh at myself to think how strange it is to be this obsessed with an imaginary romance. I don't expect other people to think it's normal. But I do want them to accept that just because I have a quirk doesn't mean I'm completely crazy. Lol.

That's ok. We'll be here when you get back!

Ampris

Slip slidin'
*Runs in and bumps at the last possible moment*

Bah, I can't believe I waited so long to post;; *Slaps own wrist* Bad Ampris.

Hakajin said:
Yeah, I try not to take myself to seriously either. I mean, I think my ship is just the most wonderful thing in the world, but I have to laugh at myself to think how strange it is to be this obsessed with an imaginary romance. I don't expect other people to think it's normal. But I do want them to accept that just because I have a quirk doesn't mean I'm completely crazy.

Ah...I sometimes wonder if I'm completely crazy or not. I've learned to take it easy and laugh at myself while still going over the top, and I've gotten a fair share of strange looks and disbelieving remarks for it too, LOL. But that's what happens when you go as far as coordinating your socks with your shipping^_^;

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Lol, I was worried we'd go over the one month limit for a while there. But it's ok.

Anyway, yeah, I've told my closest friends here at college about my Pokeshipping, and they don't act like it's weird! They think it's funny and kinda cute! Plus, one of my friends has a friend back home who wants to marry Sonic the Hedgehog! Apparently, she's totally obsessed. She's gonna come visit my friend up here sometime, and I can't wait to meet her. I think we may have a few things in common, what with the obsessive shipping and all.

But yeah, it's funny in a good way, I think. It's a paradox how you can take something so seriously and then laugh at yourself for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.