• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shippers United Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Welcome to The Shippers United Club!

This club promotes peace and friendship amongst all shippers, no matter their following. I have started it in the hopes that, through discussion, shippers will come to see their similarities and be more considerate of each other. I am, however, aware that a gathering of so many different shippers is prone to arguments, so I have set up a few rules that should be strictly followed.

- NO SHIP/CHARACTER BASHING
This is the most obvious and important rule. Bashing is the sort of thing this club was set up to prevent. And if you do see any bashing, it is all right to correct the person, but please do not try to defend a particular ship or character with hints or the like as this will only lead to argument.

- AVOID DISCUSSION OF PARTICULAR SHIPS
This club is to discuss shipping in relation to ourselves, not the ships themselves. Although this invariably will involve some talk of ships, it is not the primary focus. Avoid especially discussions of hints, as this will lead to arguments about what is or what is not a hint, and is discouraging to some shippers.

- NO DEBATES
This relates to the previous rule. Debates are fine sometimes, but this is not the place for it.

That is all I can think of for now, but there may be more later. Anyone can join. Most of all, just express yourself and have fun!

MEMBERS:
Hakajin(Owner)
Uzamaki Hinata(Co-owner)
Ampris(Co-owner)
Falls_On_Me
Revolutionary Destiny
Katsu Koneku
~Flareon~
Mio
Capn Zangoose
Eris
MistyMix89
Cloud strife
~Cecilia~
MysticaL_Sphere
cold_katana_girl
Empyrean
Krys​

I suppose I should start off with a topic though.
Why do you like shipping?

Last edited:

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Now, this is a great idea, Hakajin. As a proud obsessive shipper, all of the flame wars, bashing, animosity, and every other unpleasant side-effect of the otherwise wonderful world of shipping continually depress me. It boggled my mind when I heard about the shipping wars for the first time, and still the idea of waging a war over love strikes me as ridiculous. Not debating, of course, which can actually be beneficial IMO, but when debates devolve into flame wars it challenges the integrity of all shippers. Shipping is supposed to be for fun and enjoyment, not spitefulness, and I'm behind this club all the way. If you need a co-owner, I'd be more than happy to help out.

It's kind of hard to condense what I like about shipping into a decent answer, but I think in the end it boils down to the characters; the people involved are probably the biggest factor in my liking a ship. Most of the time with the pairings I like, I can relate to the characters and will care more accutely what happens to them. Ideally, it would also be easy to sympathize with their situation, but not always. Those aren't rules to what ships I'll like, but most fall under that category at least partway. Shipping overall is a wonderful way of both expanding on a favourite show/book/movie/whatever, taking it a little further and bending it in such a way to make it exactly the way you want it, or simply enjoying relationships that are what you consider ideal, even if it isn't exactly other people's idea of perfectionXD

Xeice

At your expense
I can't believe nobody has came up with this idea before, it's brilliant. This is a great idea, Hakajin. As Ampris said, if you need any help with this thread or anything, I'm up for it. It's great to be in a shipping club that you don't have to argue all the time. Anyways, onto the question...

Because the show would be less entertaining without them. As for me, shipping is one of the reason's I watch the show.

It is interesting to see how two characters act in a romantic way without giving the whole thing away. So it makes you wonder, "I wonder if he likes her?"

Thus, shipping was born. I have been into shipping ever since I started watching the show in 98, and I always will be untill the show ends.

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Yes, it went through! I'm so happy! Thanks for your support you guys! But I already told Uzamaki Hinata that she could be co-owner . . . but maybe there can be more than one. I'll ask her. Still, I'll take any help I can get!

Yeah, it takes good characters for me to get involved in a ship too. If I don't care about them, I don't really care what happens to them. I tend to pair up everyone in books and movies or whatever, but I don't really get into it unless I like the characters and I feel somewhat of a connection between them. And it is fun to pair people up and see if you can figure out everyone's feelings.

For me, shipping just happens. I watch the characters together, and I feel a connection to them, and I get all mushy feeling when they have moments together. Then I start thinking about it all the time. It's kinda like falling in love. Lol, that sounds so corny. This is just my favorite ones, though I do support ships just because I think it'd be cute. But either way, it's not something I intend to do, it just happens.

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Wow, a club for shipping. Never thought of it until someone brought it up in one of the shipping threads.

I like shippings because it's interesting to just analyze the characters and their personalities and find who they would go best with personality wise. Also, it can make the plot of a show more interesting when there's a sub-plot involving a love triangle (ex: Inuyasha).

However, there are times when a certain shipping is shoved in your face to the point where you do pay more attention than usual to that particular shipping. This is when I start pairing up the two characters in that shipping and just put them with other people to just think about how well they would get along romantically.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Oooh a club for shippings, I'm in.

Well I think it's interesting and I always love Romance in my anime even if it doesn't have any. ^^;;; And as Revolutionary Destiny says: It makes the show more interesting and enjoyable.

Revolutionary Destiny:
This is when I start pairing up the two characters in that shipping and just put them with other people to just think about how well they would get along romantically.

That's what I do with my ships even though most of them are fanon or Crossovers ships. ^^;;

Ampris

Slip slidin'
What the- how did Hakajin get banned? Well, that's just great, one day of existance and the club's already in trouble:<
But seriously, not once in my entire time on Serebii have I seen Hakajin do anything to even warrant a warning, much less an outright ban like this. Does anybody what hapened?

Last edited:

Mio

Belief
Well mine as well join while it last.

I think it comes from my enjoyment of "what if" scenarios. People on shipping threads are always imaging what would characters do if this happens, or if this happens, I just like that kind of stuff. I also think that some characters were just meant to be together.

Off Topic: I am a little irked that Hakajin was recently banned, I wonder if anyone else will be heading up this thread while she is gone.

Capn Zangoose

Clefairy Beta v.05

Because I always was sort of the romantic type, and besides that, I think Ash and [enter girl's name here] would make a great couple. Btw, I did the enter girl's name here thing to prevent a possible flame war...

... and why in the world was Hakajin banned?!?!

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Capn Zangoose said:
... and why in the world was Hakajin banned?!?!

I asked about it in the site discussion, and apparently she posted thirty-four messages pointing out this club in the shippers section. I personally think that the punishment they gave her is way out of proportion, but the mods are on edge with the idiocy in the D/P section and other problems and are thus banning at the first offense, even if the person doesn't have a previous record of rulebreaking.

With any luck it'll be a short ban and we'll have our leader back in a few days, but until then I believe Uzamaki Hinata's in charge, and I'll definitely be sticking around to help keep this place alive in Hakajin's absence. Though it hardly seems fair that she's not able to partake in her own club's opening page:/

Yay, I'm so happy this club got started!

I like shippings because I think it's cute. These 2 ppl look cute together. Or those 2 ppl. I always have this giddy feeling if I read this really good shipping story with my favorite shipping in it. It's just fun mostly. To support a shipping, I mean. And figure out there are all these other great ppl who like the same shipping. It sort of like, branches you out or something. Like you get to know all these really cool ppl just because you like the same shipping. And then you sort of grow together. Go through all the hard parts, all those times where you think your shipping isn't going to happen.
I know this sounds way too corny, so I'll stop.
I haven't really gotten into shippings until Pokemon Advance came on. But I ship for a bunch of other shows too.
It's always for me the couple that don't have as big of a chance as other couples.

~Ampris~ said:
I asked about it in the site discussion, and apparently she posted thirty-four messages pointing out this club in the shippers section. I personally think that the punishment they gave her is way out of proportion, but the mods are on edge with the idiocy in the D/P section and other problems and are thus banning at the first offense, even if the person doesn't have a previous record of rulebreaking.

Oh, wow. Well, hopefully it is a short ban.

Last edited:
E

Eris

This is really a great idea! We've been raving about it back at the Pokeshipping thread. I didn't know it already existed until now. ^_^ Anyhow, I hope this club would make a difference in the shipping world.

This is such a simple question, but I really don't know the right answer. I'm sure others feel the same way as I have. You know how anime/manga usually potray innocent love, unconditional love, or true love in various themes? I am compelled to believe in those things. Probably that is the reason I like shipping. But in a selfish, materialistic world such as ours, I am wondering if it exists. If I could love someone as much as *insert character's name* loves *insert beloved character's name*, or if someone could love me as much, then that would be wonderful, you know...

In a way, supporting shipping is equated to believing these things.

Ok, enough about me. I'm baffled. Hakajin didn't strike me as someone who could get banned. WTF.

~Ampris~ said:
asked about it in the site discussion, and apparently she posted thirty-four messages pointing out this club in the shippers section. I personally think that the punishment they gave her is way out of proportion, but the mods are on edge with the idiocy in the D/P section and other problems and are thus banning at the first offense, even if the person doesn't have a previous record of rulebreaking

I agree. Banning her doesn't really fit. I think it is over-the-top too. I reckon it's the short ban... She didn't really inflict any harm...

Last edited by a moderator:

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Oh, FWEE! The club has finally started! I shall be next to join! ^____^

There are a majority of reasons as to why I like shippings. I find the relationship between characters special, since there are not often shown in our world as Eris already explained. I also adore the hints shown between the characters, how they interact with each other, and also their moments. I find everything about shippings to be wonderful, plus I love how fans can create by making fanfics or drawing fanart. <3

Aww, I hope Hakajin can come back soon. More people join! >X3

gladdecease

Master Coordinator

*enters*

Ah...hello.

I come in peace.

I don't come to join, mind you...just to pass on some news. You see, Hakajin, having been banned, e-mailed me (because I was the only person both an *insert ship here*-er and on ff.net, where she could find my address), telling me both the news and requesting that I pass on some stuff.

Firstly, her ban is for two weeks. For those who wanted to know.

Secondly, she is sorry that she was such an idiot. She thinks it's fair to consider her posting "overkill," and, if you are supportive of her, that she appreciates it but knows it's entirely her fault and that she deserves this punishment.

Um...that's all. Hope you guys feel better, and continue to keep this club running!

*leaves*

I would like to join this club, and for now, simply wish Hakajin my best.

Stephy

candies!!!11
I would like to join this club. ^_^

Because the couples I support are cute, and have lots of hints. <33 Plus, I think every other couple out there has a chance, it doesn't matter whether they have hints or not. ;D

And, Hakajin is banned? D: I hope she gets un-banned soon. ^_^ Wish her the best. ^_^

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Ah, thanks for telling us, Gladdecease. Two weeks is a lot longer than I had expected, but at least she's not too upset over it. I'll be counting down till she gets back, though. And welcome to all of the new members, glad to have you here! I've updated the list of members and will keep it going until Hakajin can update the first post. Oh, and would you mind giving this club a good rating if you like it? It had one star this morning and that didn't seem right sicne no one had posted who acted like they would rate it a one:\

MEMBERS
Hakajin(Owner)
Uzamaki HInata (Co-owner)
~Ampris~ (Co-owner)
Falls_On_Me
Revolutionary Destiny
Katsu Koneku
~Flareon~
Mio
Capn Zangoose
Eris
MistyMix89
Cloud strife
~Cecilia~
MysticaL_ Sphere
cold_katanagirl
Empyrean

Last edited:
~Ampris~ said:
MEMBERS
Hakajin(Owner)
Uzamaki Hinata (Co-owner)
~Ampris~ (Co-owner)
Falls_On_Me
Revolutionary Destiny
Katsu Koneku
~Flareon~
Mio
Capn Zangoose
Eris
MistyMix89
Cloud strife
~Cecilia~​

I'm so happy we have more members! Just goes to show you that shippers can talk about shippings in a civilized way. (there I go again, making this into a big deal! XD)

And thanks gladdecease, at least now we know how long she will be gone. =]

Now, shall we ask another question? I mean, since eleven ppl answered the last one.

Okay, lets see. How about

What got you into shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.