• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The shipping confessional; Pour your heart out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Nook

Feel free to browse
I have lost all dignity and self respect through my scandalous actions. Please 'O masters of shipping, forgive my indescretions and let me be free to live peacefully once more. I beg of you!

1. Completly accidental, but I once clicked on a link advertising a Dragonair x Red lemon. Yes you read that right 0_0 I was horrified yet read on to see what happened to my ulimate dismay.

2. As a lurker I was anti Poke to the point of stupidity, so thankfully I waited a looooooooong time before finally joining. Nothing came of it thankfully.

3. I despise Handymanshipping. Oh wait, that's not abnormal or perilous at all. Silly me.

4. I read far too much into the debates of who fathered Tracey's Azurill, turning Marill into a highly sexualised being seeking support from five fathers. Thus Who'sTheFathershipping was born.

5. I enjoyed Sonic Boom's actions in the Pearl thread and applaud his courage in smacking down Pizza loving noobs. SONIC BOOM 4 MOD PLZ.

Sonic Boom said:
1) I cannot, for the life of me, understand the spark of Orangeshipping. I just can't. Nothing about Misty's and Tracey's relationship just screams "ROMANCE" to me. I can honestly say that I would start supporting Novelshipping if Pokeshipping was ultimately declared "impossible." Sorry to all Orangeshippers out there, but this is what I believe.

*pelts Sonic Boom with oranges*

Sonic Boom said:
2) I have given Tom Nook the wrong address to my location, and have sent him to Africa via airplane in an attempt to hide myself from his Orangeshipping wrath.

I'm building my army as we speak (well type), with Shadow-Saur as my deputy. We'll find you someday...:)

Long post is long.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Man, I have a thing with being unable to stick to one or a few ships, my shipping tastes really have expanded over the months. Even a ship I feel a dislike or hate for... I end up liking it.

I am able to enjoy any sort of ship, and I am always a curious person, XD Like I keep thinking that Brock x pokemon ships are cool. I find twisted crossover ships exciting. The danger of age gap ships interest me too. Mainstream ships are ones that take my fancy too, and my ships clash a lot.

Another thing I like to point out is that I love showing off my OTP around: CHisato x Miyu from vampire Princess Miyu and show it off to others. XDD I've been solid on this ship for two years now and I wanna get some fan art out of it; we have enough Larva/Miyu stuff and more to come. Everytime I see a chisato/Miyu fan I'm happy. I used to think I was the only one who did ship them. Now I know I'm not alone.

And there are some ships that sometimes go out of my mind sometimes. XD I don't remember being shipped with Mel-girl.... XD

And I used to think Tracey was a girl.... *shot* and that made me like thirdwheel. When I found out he was guy, I cooled thirdwheel down for a bit.

Last edited:

Mel-Girl

left. right.
For the record, I'm typing with one hand.

Thank you. You are the only person who believes my lies. Well, Tadashi too but she hasn't posted since my post. XD At least I know who my lying definitely works on! Either that or everyone else in this thread is not admitting to something... XD

And there are some ships that sometimes go out of my mind sometimes. XD I don't remember being shipped with Mel-Girl.... XD

I'm not 100% sure if someone has, but eh, why not? 8DDDD

Er, um... more sins?

- Me, along with a couple others were real big on Jasonenvyshipping... And we kinda wanted to set them up... Oh, that was a fail in the end, but at least we didn't ruin everything completely. *now to watch as people go, "wutz jasonenvyshipng?!" But I'm sorry that I contributed to the phase of awkwardness.

- I don't like yuri. There's only a few yuri ships I like but even then, I only like them a bit. It's random, because I can go crazy with my yaoi, but yuri doesn't work for me.

SONIC BOOM 4 MOD PLZ.

And Mel-Girl 4 Head Honcho, right?

Meh, I'll probably be back with more again... XD

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
Confessional, huh? n_n This is lovely.

1.) I'm starting to get really annoyed at the "________ 4 MOD PLZ". It may have just been a joke, guys, but seriously, stop getting into your heads that you will be suggested for mod promotion. LOLOLOL

And that includes, mini-modding and telling some of the staffs what they need to do. I'm sorry, but we're all humans. We have lives. We have brains. Therefore, we all have our own judgments. So when you report stuff, a pretty long explanation would be recommended. n_n Now, isn't that nice to know?

2.) As much as I don't like what went on in the Pearlshipping thread, please refrain the flames in the forums and encourage more insults. n_n What kind of progress would you expect if people kept going "LOL PEARLSHIPPERS ARE DUMB"? I don't think that's even respecting the other Pearlshippers that doesn't post quite as much but are quite intelligent posters, don't you think? Pokeshippers, you guys are especially aware of what happened in the past, so I do expect you to understand it more than any other shippers.

And why do I sound p!ssed? Because obviously, I'm supposed to do stuff irl, but some of you guys are being difficult to some extent for some of my fellow shipper mods. n_n

Vycksta

Lawlz, I remember doing a thread like this... about 12 months ago. Before I vanished into the realm of... er... Blurty? :B *pats her blog*

Anyways. Confession. I'll just start with one; I am now a severely elitest Senirasushipper. I never thought I would get this like as with my other OMG ALL TIME MAJOR LUV OTP Nynaeveshipping I can pair off Michelle and Sneasel with others quite happily... Senirasushipping? Used to (( Exhallenshipping and Germanshipping )) but not anymore. There's NO ONE else good enough for Volkner than Candice and vice-versa... and that is why I never made a Senirasushipping thread on here or posted in any that were around. Cause if you were not a fellow die-hard i'd bash the fucking daylights out of you. Don't get me started on Ignitionshipping...

Will I change? Probably not. It's why when it comes to Senirasushipping i'll not talk about it much to others. I'll just stick with writing tons of fanfction and getting mai Wifeu to draw me tons of pictures. Hur hur hur. |B

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
Well, as opposed to just lurking around here, I'll pour out my shipping heart and soul and confess to my shipping sins that will surely send me to canon hell. LOL, but seriously...

I'm not really into straight (and even yuri) pairings all that much, except for when it makes sense to me (i.e. Orangeshipping makes sense to me since Tracey's personality fits in with what Misty likes in a guy- sorry Pokeshippers). Ships that become popular because of things like "childhood friends" or "he gives her a rose" tend to irritate me. Death to Penguinshipping!

I proudly admit, I am a yaoi fanboy (yes, I am a guy, and yes, I do swing that way); however, I can get carried away at times regarding yaoi pairings and mentally bashing straight pairings and their supporters.

I can also get carried away with making potentially stupid-sounding posts etc. (at least, in my mind anyways).

Whiscash

Professional catfish
Hmm, okay, since you asked...

- I once shipped Contestshipping to get May away from Ash. And I wasn't even a Pokéshipper (or an Ash fangirl myself, haha), I just hated Advanceshipping that much!

- I've thought up some extremely stupid names for ships before, just because I could.

- I've shipped myself with certain characters before...

- ...and given THOSE ships stupid names too!

- I've claimed to like ships I was indifferent to to ~impress people.

- I've judged people on what they ship before.

- I used to be completely opposed to the idea of human/Pokémon in all forms...

- ...until I wrote this godawful OOC Altoshipping fic.

- I hardly ship any het any more. Not to sound like a shallow slash fangirl, but it's been a long time since a het ship's interested me.

- I secretly get so annoyed with smug shippers who KNOW their pairing is canon but have to rub it in the face of whatever the rival ship is/was at every available opportunity. Grrr. >_>;; (Even when I probably don't ship either in the first place)

That'll be all for now~

sapphire_addict

Brooklyn rage!
lets see how long the list goes:
- i've had very violant thoughts about about pearl and advanceshippers.
- i searched for like 2 hours for a dawn shipping that made sense, just cuz i was trying to keep her away from ash. i'm still searching for one i fully suport.
- i just had a mean thought about dawn when i wrote that last comment.
- i've skipped parts of episodes and movies because they were orange or pearl shippy
- i come up with long lists of reasons certain shippings won't work
- not really a sin, but i spent 5 hours trying to find pokemon colosseum when i got into colosseumshipping. (the lack if fan art and fanfics annoys me) never found it.
- i'll hunt down and watch episodes and movies, just for a 3 secound shipping hint. i bought a whole dvd box set for one hint.
(for the record i like dawn but when some one mentions pearlshipping she becomes my anti-christ. sorry. )

Some more stuff to confess...

I'm probably too much of a crazed yaoi fangirl for my own good. I jump at opportunities to pair random guys together whether it be the Pokemon fandom, or other one's...

And I used to be rather closed-minded about shipping... I was all Contestshipping and Pokeshipping until... Actually I don't know what happened to make me love all kinds of ships out there...

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
1) *raises hand*

2) In my attempts to create an Advanceshipping fic, I made May OOC both in terms of canon and in terms of the fic's prequel... Now, I've lost faith in that fic...

3) I've also thought of some lemon fics:
--> Ash/May (only lemon that I have ever written; however, it was never posted...)
--> Ash/Anabel (will only remain in my head...)
--> Ash/Anabel/May (behold what comes out of a dude's twisted mind...)

4) I wonder if shipping oneself with a fictional character counts as a shipping sin... If so, then I confess that I tend to ship myself with Anabel. Yes, I am obsessed with the Salon Cutie! My laptop even has an Anabel theme!

It's too complicated to explain...

Lol.
I just remember how fired up I'd get whenever an Advanceshipper tried to debate. And every 'hint' they mentioned, I'd like scream at them for it. xD Not just here, but like anywhere ..on DA and crap.

I'd just join forums so I could tell different shippers off. xDDD; For that one reason ..cause I couldn't post unless I was a member. So I was so irritated and I NEEDED to state my mind. :3

Like man, I was bad, but it's good to know other people had some crazy shipping moments as well. xD

A shipping debate used to ruin my day ...I had to get up, go on the computer (ALWAYS BE ON THE COMPUTER) checking replies all the time, just to make sure nobody was trying to prove me wrong.

...And I do actually like Advanceshipping to an extent. I find it cute. I just find it very hard to like because of how arrogant the shippers were.

I'd take a fanart of an opposing ship, and try to re-do it as the shipping I liked more. Seriously. I was a sad girl. xD Just seeing fanarts of a shipping I hated just blew me up, and I had to change that fanart.

I would get really depressed in fanfics where (let's just use AS and CS as an example). Fanfics where Haruka would be with Shuu, but then later on realizing that Satoshi was the man for her, and would leave Shuu and go to Satoshi. xD

On DA especially, when I find a picture of any shipping I can't stand, I have to comment saying something like "Aw that's cute. But I'm not fond of the pairing, but still cute." Cause I MUST make it clear that I hate that pairing, but I can't be a total ***** flamer about it. xD So I have to give a compliment, even though I don't find the picture cute at all ..it burns me up inside really. xDDD *shot*
Man, there's so many more, but I should stop here for now. xD

Milotic17

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been many days since my last confession...

LOL.

Anyway, I have to confess that I was one of the obsessive Pokeshippers/Misty fans who left the fandom for a while and stopped watching Pokemon when Misty was taken off the show. Granted, my interest was waning at that point anyway (um Johto--need I say more?), but that was really the last straw. I didn't come back to the fandom until the Hoenn League was showing in Japan (which, not coincidentally, happened right when I was graduating high school and suddenly had all of this free time on my hands). It's not something I'm proud of, but I was really, really depressed that Misty left.

I'm very much a one-track shipper. The only character I multiship is Dawn (Penguinshipping, Appealshipping, and sometimes HeatTagshipping). I won't ship Ash or Misty with anyone else--nope, definitely not. I also don't read fanfics for any ship besides Pokeshipping (and occasionally Eldershipping and Handymanshipping). It's not because I hate them or anything, but I have no interest in them whatsoever. I realize that this may make me seem narrow-minded, but, hey, I like what I like.

I get really, really depressed when opposing ships have hints.

Like Sonic Boom said, I tend to somehow make a lot of the songs I hear about shipping, only I make them all about Pokeshipping. If I think a song fits Pokeshipping I'll listen to it nonstop.

I like Handymanshipping, which apparently makes me a sinner. :p

I have dreams about Pokeshipping all of the time. Apparently that's a little weird.

I lurk here multiple times a day but don't post very often. (Just look at my post count and you'll see that that's true.) I just don't know what to say half the time.

I've considered writing Ash/Misty lemon.

I tend to make Misty too angst-ridden in my AAML fics. In my first ever fic...oh boy.

Well, I guess that's it. :)

sapphire_addict

Brooklyn rage!
I get really, really depressed when opposing ships have hints.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like Sonic Boom said, I tend to somehow make a lot of the songs I hear about shipping, only I make them all about Pokeshipping. If I think a song fits Pokeshipping I'll listen to it nonstop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have dreams about Pokeshipping all of the time. Apparently that's a little weird.

i do all of this too. hehe.
leon25270 said:
4) I wonder if shipping oneself with a fictional character counts as a shipping sin...
then i'd be going to shipping hell hehe

thought of more:
- i've skipped entire fics because they mentioned a ship i don't like.
- I make everything i do somehow related to shipping. (right now i'm listening to mistys song while i type)
- instead of my homework i draw fan art for shippings.

blah i just keep doing more and more sin-ly things, and i'm tired of making new posts.
- about 5 min ago i was talking to my friend about this guy who likes her, and i said "woah this reminds me of an aaml poem i just read." and she goes "how did it go? wait... wtf is aaml?" (she doesnt like pokemon)i do this all the time to my friends. (like a week ago i told my friend her and her boy friend acted a bit like may and drew. she gave me a funny look then said: "...pokemon stuff?")
- i realized almost every one of my essays for english (or even spanish and history) has some kind of shipping reference
- right now my facebook status refers to a pokeshipping hint. i'm getting so many comments on it.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I must confess more:

1) I wanted to take part in the debates from long ago, but at the same time, I didn't; I feared I would be too heavily bombarded by the opposing side if I did so.

2) I used to avoid all episodes with May in it, unless Drew or Harley was in it, for the romance and the hilarious character interaction, respectively XD

3) I want to join JBStormburst's Advanceshipping forum under the username "SatoKasu > SatoHaru 4 EVAR!!!" and see how long it takes me to get banned, even though I now like both pairings, albeit the former more than the latter XD

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
Okay, here's something funny:

Back when I was a Pearlshipper-only person, I actually shipped Orangeshipping and Contestshipping just to keep May and Misty away from Ash.

And... this is... uh, wierd. When I was still a Pearlshipper-only, I would always
get burning mad whenever I saw any Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping and Ikarishipping hints in the show. I would seriously make nasty faces at the
scenes where Misty clung on to Ash, and Ash and May were alone together,
and especially when Dawn got mad at Paul. I... really don't know why I did that. It was just... stupid. :p

CheekyJoy23

Battle Factory Lover
I confess that I don't feel too sinful over these, but I need to say them "aloud" all the same :) Here goes...

- I could ship Ash with practically every. single. character in the show and as a result will not ship him with anyone, because I can't concentrate on one Ash pairing long enough to produce any worthwhile thoughts/fancreations/etc. Strange, yes?

-I am addicted to ships that are "pretty" (i.e. I only care about their physical appearance) regardless of anything else that would give the ships substance (or not). I may not even support the ship *coughcoughIkariShippingcoughcough* but if they look pretty together I can't help but stare. PaulxDawn, VolknerxRoark, RileyxAnyone are a few examples of ships in this category for me.

...Hmm, I thought I had more. Maybe later.

Last edited:

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
More sins~

- I have told some of my IRL friends why I hate Pokeshipping. ^^;
- I ship Satoshi a lot...including with myself. xD
- I like lesser known shippings (Keiichi & Rika in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni for instance)
- I used to avoid AG because it had May and no Misty. ><
- I used to bash couples in posts, but I don't anymore and try to help people get rid of that urge...
- I tried liking Ikarishipping because one of my friends was addicted to it (she's not into it anymore btw), but I just can't see it. o-o
- I still can't really see Advanceshipping either...I guess mostly due to my May-hate self when it first aired on tv...

And... I'm back with more confessions! Forgive me, lord, for the sins I've wrought (and PLEASE don't let me get killed for what I'm about to say)...

I avoid any and all Poke/Contest/Ikarishipping. *shotshotshot* Yeah, I know, these three are pretty much THE favorite ships, but I can't stand any of 'em (except, occasionally, Contestshipping). I USED to like Pokeshipping, before I found out that almost every single hint was dub-added, and there was like no romance between them in the original. Then I hated Pokeshipping with a passion (though I still love both characters!). Maybe this is... shallow of me, but my main reason for disliking Contestshipping is that I'm an Advanceshipper. Drew, while being a great character, got in the way of a relationship that I actually supported. Not to mention, he was a total jerk to May! I don't care how many people say, That's just cause he was trying to hide the fact that he liked her, I don't buy it. He's too cruel to her at times for me to fully support them together. Ikarishipping... I just don't get. Paul doesn't even know Dawn exists. He spends all his time competing with Ash, and doesn't care about his 'stupid friends'. Dawn, for the most part, just thinks he's a jerk. How do so many people support this shipping?

Okay, so yeah, I kinda got off topic. What I mean is, I've never read/looked at/watched anything revolving around these ships. I know that I should give people's stuff a chance (it's the quality, not what it's shipping, that matters, right?), but I just can't. It's like I'm physically incapable of it, or something.

I'm a hypocrite (sp?). I mean, I rarely watch Pokemon these days cause it's just so childish, which I can't stand, and then I turn around and get all these, uh, ideas in my head for fanfics that portray Pokemon differently than a kids show should be portrayed. I've never written anything over T-rated, mind you, but I'm still changing the very essence of Pokemon in the process.

Eh, I'll probably be back with even more when I think of 'em. That is, if no Poke/Contest/Ikarishippers haven't hunted me down and killed me...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I use to chuckle the way Alfonso used to troll up the old Pokeshipping threads back in the day. This was before he was a mod, so he just used to go in there as a regular user and tell them they were supporting a ghost ship and practically ridiculed them any chance he got.

Oh god, Alfonso is probably the only reason I even came over to the shipping section in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.