• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The shipping confessional; Pour your heart out

Status
Not open for further replies.

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
Bless me Father, I have not confessed for a while.

I am tired of the proliferation of Poke, Contest, Advance, Pearl, Penguin, and Ikarishipping fanfics, particularly on ff.net (and here to some extent). Geez, I have having to browse through several dozen of those pairings to get to the one yaoi/slash fanfic on the page. Very rarely do I ever even read a story based on those pairings (only if it is well-written).

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Bless me Father, I have not confessed for a while.

I am tired of the proliferation of Poke, Contest, Advance, Pearl, Penguin, and Ikarishipping fanfics, particularly on ff.net (and here to some extent). Geez, I have having to browse through several dozen of those pairings to get to the one yaoi/slash fanfic on the page. Very rarely do I ever even read a story based on those pairings (only if it is well-written).

Fortunately, FF.Net now has search functions for the characters. You can input "Ash K." and "Drew" in the character slots and come up with some Respectshipping. Granted, it's just 2 of them so far, but it's still something.

And... I'm back with more confessions! Forgive me, lord, for the sins I've wrought (and PLEASE don't let me get killed for what I'm about to say)...

I USED to like Pokeshipping, before I found out that almost every single hint was dub-added, and there was like no romance between them in the original. Then I hated Pokeshipping with a passion (though I still love both characters!).

Contestshipping

Not to mention, he was a total jerk to May! I don't care how many people say, That's just cause he was trying to hide the fact that he liked her, I don't buy it. He's too cruel to her at times for me to fully support them together.

I'm not going to attack you, but I have to confess something else as well: I cringe each time people say that Pokeshipping only existed in the dub and Drew is a heinous *******. Seriously, the dub only imputed 3 Pokeshipping hints not present in the original: the infamous marriage line, Misty's good-bye song in Gotta Catch Ya Later, and Ash's mention of her in Movie 6. Compare that to the amount of hints, animation or otherwise, in the original, and the holding SatoKasu has remains firm.

Now for Drew, take a look at the Battle Frontier episodes. You'll see that he had mellowed out from what he was in Hoenn.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Here are some more of my "sins" some of which I find amusing.

- When DP started some people, for some odd reason, thought the writers were actually going to bring Misty into DP for a cameo instead of May. I suppose the appearance of the Misty lure in the Buizel ep is what started this, and the fact that May had no references at the time, and I remember cracking a smile when just the opposite happened of what everyone expected and May showed up instead. I think I remember checking the Pokeshipping thread at the time, and some of them acted as if they were so shocked.

- On the same note, I admittedly lurk other shipping threads to see all the conspiracy theories people talk about, and comebacks and so forth. To this day, I don't understand why anyone ever thought Ikarishipping was possible. Dawn and Paul have almost no interaction at all, it almost seemed like people were hopping this was going to be another Contestshipping...so much for that idea.

- I found it amusing when Ash/May reunited their half ribbons, when previously people were making a big deal out of that silly lure that Ash didn't let Dawn fish with. LOL, the fact that Ash and May actually kept those tokens on their separate journies actually bothered some people, and I found amusement out of it.

- I originally did not like Contestshipping at all, but during 2006 around the time Brianna's contest aired, I opened up to it a lot more and started to really like it. I suppose you can say I'm a fan of it, only because I can now see it actually went somewhere.

- I don't get why people continually make up fake rumors about Misty appearing in the series, all the way back since AG started. Everytime I read this stuff I roll my eyes and feel sorry for said people. Why do people make up this baseless crap, anyway? Do they think the more they wish for something, the more likely it'll happen?

- I always figured that if it ever honestly came down to Misty or May appearing for cameos in the series, the writers would wind up choosing May over Misty more often than not. So far, it seems like I am right. Misty has not appeared since 2005, and its been 180 episodes since. When I lurk other shipping threads, I wonder why people act so shocked. Did people honestly think the writers favored Misty over May? Odd.

- Alfonso is the only reason I came to the shipping section, I always found it funny how his love for Orangeshipping caused him to go on many rants against both Handymanshipping and Pokeshipping.

Alfonso, you are the best.

- The shipping debates with Jo-Jo were amusing. I consider this a sin only because of how much time it took when I should have been doing something more productive.

And these are my "sins" because I admittedly get a perverse sense of enjoyment out of all this. That is all, that is all.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I tend to think of certain ships as canon even when they're blindingly obvious not. Like Commandshipping or Sacredshipping, for instance.

plopagon123

Perfectly Imperfect
Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.

First Sin. Yeah, I had some inconsistencies with supporting Pokeshipping. There was a point where I supported it, and then stopped. Then I got back to it again! And then stopped. Yeah, I got back to it again. I don't know if I'm the only one suffering from this but God, I consider it a sin because I can't support the ship I like firmly. There just has to be dead ends to stop the car from moving, eh? Also, since Misty hasn't appeared in the Anime for a long time, I doubted that she still liked Ash (Did she even? <-Didja see wut I did thar?).

Laziness. I haven't made a Pokeshipping video in 8-9 months. Or possibly even more. All because I lose the will to do so when I am halfway through the video. Also, I'm too lazy to look for clips of different Pokemon episodes to use for my Pokeshipping video, and use the shortage of video clips (Srsly, I'm short of vidja clipz) as reason. Shame on me.

I'm mean. I made an anti-advanceshipping video, just for fun. : D

Well, let's see here.

1. I really had no idea what shipping or any of the terms were when I came to this forum, even though I did see sparks coming from Ash and Misty. I saw Shippers Community, and I was like "wtf is this, I don't remember any 'shipping' discussed in Pokemon".
When I read the rules and found out what it was, I felt like an idiot.

2. I used to be a huge person against Yaoi/Yuri, and despised any ship or fic of the sort. That was the complete opposite of me now. Go AppealShipping and Kirby x Meta Knight ;D

3. I wrote a Sonic the Hedgehog fiction when I was new to writing. Sonic x my Mary Sue OC was my worst fic ever, now that I look back on it.
I now read it for teh lulz.

Those are my Confessions of a Teenage Shipper XD
More to come when I think of some.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
- I argued for Orangeshipping only because I found enjoyment out of watching people squirm about it. Ooops, another Misty ship cannot possibly be hinted in canon? The reaction was amusing.

- I once considered becoming a member of the OPS, only because I was "quite curious" as to how they thought they were going to impact the fandom with their "elite debates."

- I find it amusing that people get into an uproar against Angie. New girls crushing on Ash with no jealously, how could this be?

- I once shipped Misty and Max for that one ep they were together.

- I never understood how Archaic thought Misty being in Ash's house after Hoenn was a hint. Apparently in Japanese culture this mean something, yet we saw Gary waiting at Ash's house at the end of BF, does Gary love Ash? Palletshippers would say so, I'm just here for the lol's.

- On the same note, I actually found amusement that in the only ep Misty was back for after the Pallet Town ep, the writers had her spend all that time lost with Max instead of Ash. Also, Ash seemed to be more worried about Pikachu and instead Brock was the only one who was worried about Misty. I remember Alfonso "rattling some cages" about this, and I watched with much amusement.

- I actually like Misty as a character, but I secretly hope she doesn't appear too much because it brings her annoying debates with her.

- I wondered why people thought that Misty and Dawn would interact instead of May and Dawn. I also like Sapphirepearlshipping, because unlike the boring Misty and May interaction back in Hoenn, May and Dawn actually acted like good friends together.

- I was once a proud supporter of Swifty/Jo-Jo, especially when he had the name of the ship in his sig. It seems like he has moved on to younger women now, I guess we'll never get to find out what happens at British parties. :/

- I liked Pearlshipping for like 10 days at the start of DP. LMAO, I must have been an idiot. I guess it was because Dawn was the "new girl" at the time and we thought she would be more important than just another coordinator.

- Archaic promised me a big debate back on BMG in 2006 when he finished his exams, its now 2009 and it never happened. Whoops!

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
-While writing fanfiction, even shippy fanfiction is probably nothing the fandom sees as a sin when *I* do it I'm embarrassed. Let alone writing Rurouni Kenshin yaoi. But that was many years ago!!

-Pursuing two strange Yu Yu Hakusho pairings for faulty reasoning: Yusuke x Koto and Hiei x Shizuru.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
- I actually support mainstream shippings when I first got into shippings. I dunno if you'll consider Hoennshipping as mainstream, but I also supported Contest and Advanceshipping at the same time because of my obsession with May.

- I support any type of shipping (that is sane, not ZoeyxBidoof, I'm not scared of it, I actually think it's funny and to scare people away :p) as long as my favorite character is in it. They still have rankings though. So for Zoey, if possible shippings are with Dawn, Ash, Brock, and possibly Kenny it goes like: Dawn > Brock > Ash > Kenny.

- I have no OTP for real in terms of the Pokemon fandom. I'm serious. Not even in other animes. I do have an OTP "per character" though. I have a OTP in terms of my original work, and my friends know what it is. XD

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Dang, it's been a while since I've confessed. Like 5 days >>

Tonight's topic... smut, apparently. (Noticed as I wrote this)

Something less shocking:

+ For every show, animé, manga, movie, etc. I have at least one male/male shipping, and it's usually my favorite above all others. For that matter, I support very few male/female ships, and even less female/female ships. It's always the yaoi pairings. Don't know why. It might be because of my Internet upbringing X3

And now, the weird shet:

+ The first yaoi fanfiction I wrote... I was 14 and I hand-wrote it in a diary. I still have the diary. It's hiding somewhere in my room. I haven't look at it in years, but I still have it. Gawd it is awful XD I write way better today, for the record.

+ The first pairings I ever supported were male/female only. Then I came across a Yu-Gi-Oh yaoi fic I was a bit curious to see what all the fuss was about, and never looked back. Everything I learned about same-sex pairings I learned from Yu-Gi-Oh fanfiction. Draw your own conclusion.

+ Back when I was younger, I read a LOT of smutfics, 99.9% of which were male/male pairings. Nowadays, I barely read any, if at all. I guess that explains my terribly perverted nature, right? >>;

+ I co-wrote a fully graphic yaoi story when I was... 16, I think? It took about 2/3 hours via Yahoo Messenger. I haven't heard from my co-author in years ;; Funny enough, I printed off the story and kept it in a file. Still somewhere in my room...

Meh, that's all I can think of now... Oh my, I wonder how shocked people will be...

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
Oh noes, Shadow's got more sins to confess.

-I enjoy watching Sonic Boom and Tom Nook have their Poke vs. Orange fights. But sometimes I feel conflicted because I support both ships.

-Sometimes, just reading about yuri or yaoi ships makes me uncomfortable. I'm trying very hard to be more open-minded, but after living my whole life very sheltered, it's hard to change my ways.

-Like a lot of Ikarishippers, I tend to make Paul OOC in any fics I attempt to write.

-I can ship Dawn with almost every (male) character she's interacted with, but I really only like two Ash shippings. Even though I like Ash but not Dawn. Figure that one out. o_O

Edit: oh, and this isn't shipping-specific, but to me, bad spelling and grammar are almost as bad as faulty logic. Almost.

Last edited:

sapphire_addict

Brooklyn rage!
i'm back. because i've been in a shippy mood.
- I actually like altoshipping, despite hating every other ash ship that exists
-i printed my friend a refrence sheet for all theshipping terms i use, because they're not a pokemon fan. it's like 5 pages long.
- I lose sleep some times when i think about shipping. (and last sunday i stayed up to 3:30 because a pokemon movie was on. i tried to find little shippy scenes)
- I get really ticked off when i can't find any colosseumshipping stuff
- ok this last one isn't a shipping sin, but i now write all my science notes in Unown script. just had to add this.

Last edited:

CheekyJoy23

Battle Factory Lover
Confession time has rolled around again:

- In the time before I joined SPPf, I lurked around the Manga Discussion threads trying to find anything people discussed about Pokemon Special because I had just recently fell in love with that manga. When I finally joined I immediately hopped over to the Shipping community and realized that most ships were anime ships. I actually took offense at people shipping anime characters, because I despised the anime so much!
Of course now I too enjoy anime ships. *Orange and HeatTag 4EVER!!*

- I actually and truly feel guilty when I start preferring one ship on my "list" of supported ships than another. This is especially true when I find myself doodling anime ships and not my beloved PokeSpe TeaShipping (my OTP). I feel even more guilty when I can't find inspiration to draw my favorite ships, but spend hours looking at arts of ships I don't even like. *IkariShipping*

- I also realize that I seem to use IkariShipping as the prime example of a ship I can't stand but spend way too much time looking at. Before I get attacked by Ikari supporters, I'll clarify and say that I don't support IkariShipping if people take "hints" from the anime, because I just can't see it. However... I am all for the hypothetical future (i.e. at least 5 yrs later) where our little pkmn trainers could mellow out and be mature.

-My final sin I want to confess: I sometimes take way too long explaining myself. It must be my innate fear of offending others. (Ironic that this sin is the shortest one, no?)

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
Hmmmmmm interesting desu^^

1. I suddenly lost interest of Pokemon Yuri shippings
2. I always come up with good ideas to make a fanfic story about my favorite shipping but then I get lazy to write it.
3. I stalk the Shipping Community to see random threads pop up over there
4. I tend to ship Kenta with Any girl in the series. But only the girls that I like.

I'll post more later xD

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
Forgive me shipping Gods, for I have sinned (and I'm pround of every one of them >D)

- Debating used to amuse me, since I got to read what people who do not, and never will, have an open mind to discussion tried and failed to defend their causes.
This was much more true when shippings were involved, and twelve to fourteen year olds were debating on a forum on the internet. I lol-ed quite a few times.
Now, that fact makes me sad.

- I read CyberCubed's sins (and all the others for that matter) to see what do I do as well, and I found out that I share a similar thought pattern with a lot of people.
This fact scared me.

Forgive me God, for I have yet again sinned.

- I thought for a long time that shipping only applied to the Pokemon fandom and nothing else. What a huge surprise I was in for when I actually started posting in this wonderful place we call the Shipping Forum :)

- I supported IkariShipping for about 2 minutes when I saw the "hidden" hints (that Paul was very calm when speaking to Dawn, ect) featured in Bulbapedia's article on IkariShipping. I even tried my hand at a OneShot, which was horribly OOC on Paul's part. Baw :'(

- I used to really like songfics, but don't get me wrong. They're still fun to read, but I used to think they were the king of all ways to write fics. (Imo, they can be kind of boring unless you're really listening to the song, otherwise, its kind of like scrolling through blocks of text.)
Trust me, I know better.

And that's all for now.

sapphire_addict

Brooklyn rage!
- i got mad when i couldn't find that much fan art for colosseumshipping , so non stop for the past two days i've been drawing. i'm not saying thats a bad thing, but i haven't done any homework, or any class work for that matter
- since i can't find my colosseum game, i've been considering buying another one even though i know it's in my house somewhere. but i really wana play it, and find shippy moments! argh!
- oh and i look at fan art for shippings i don't like so i can diss em. and i look up hints and try to disprove em to my self.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- once again i'm tired of posting, so i'll edit my old sins.
- i ship basicly every thing. books, movies, tv shows, the occasional real person. (ferard anyone?)
- on the topis of tv shows, i'll ship two characters loyaly, even if the show never has any hints. like on dinosaur king (yes i watch dinosaur king, thats a different sin) i ship rex and zoey and today there was actually a hint. i flipped out. too bad i know how the series ends.

Last edited:
I'm not going to attack you, but I have to confess something else as well: I cringe each time people say that Pokeshipping only existed in the dub and Drew is a heinous *******. Seriously, the dub only imputed 3 Pokeshipping hints not present in the original: the infamous marriage line, Misty's good-bye song in Gotta Catch Ya Later, and Ash's mention of her in Movie 6. Compare that to the amount of hints, animation or otherwise, in the original, and the holding SatoKasu has remains firm.

Now for Drew, take a look at the Battle Frontier episodes. You'll see that he had mellowed out from what he was in Hoenn.
Well, those two (I haven't seen the 6th movie in a while and don't remember anything about Misty, so...) hints are pretty much all I've ever seen for Pokeshipping. Misty (or Kasumi, even) may have had a crush on Ash/Satoshi, but I'm pretty sure it was completely platonic on his side. He never touched her unless it was completely necessary in some way, shape, or form, and, all in all, has never come off as liking her that way. Like, if she alone was hurt, of course he'd worry, but if a group was hurt, he'd always worry abotu his Pikachu first and foremost. Take that part in the Hoenn region and Misty returned (the first time she returned, when her Togepi evolved). Misty, Max, and Pikachu were injured. May immediately rushed to her dear brother's side (Cartshipping, he he! :D), Ash went to Pikachu, and Brock was the one to worry about Misty. In the 4th Movie, when she got hurt and couldn't walk, Brock was also the one who ended up carrying her. I just don't see Pokeshipping like so many people do. I've no problem with those who like it though, don't get me wrong. It's got a certain flair to it that I can see why people like it. We're all entitled to our own opinion.

And yes, I know that Drew got quite a bit nicer in the Battle Frontier arc, but he's still given May quite a bit of trouble, and she, while seeing a possible friendship (maybe even romance) with him, also sees him as the rival she can't get along with. I'm okay with Contestshipping from time to time because I can tell it's pretty likely and not too bad overall. I just don't know how well they can get along for long periods of time (not to mention, I'm a fan of many other May and Drew ships that pull me away from a pairing I'm only so-so about).

And now for another sin...

I tell people I'm going to write/update something and get them all hyped up, then turn around and either don't do it or take forever. This is not a sin I am even mildly proud of. It's not that I mean to do this to people (or to myself), but I'm one of those people who can only write when I'm in the mood to. *impulsive writer* If I lose inspiration, then I can take weeks, even months before I recover it, making those I've told that "The next chapter/This fic will be out within a week/a few days" wait. I'm sorry to all these people. I wish there was a way to redeem this sin. I blame horrible Writer's Block.

Status
Not open for further replies.