• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The shipping confessional; Pour your heart out

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheekyJoy23

Battle Factory Lover
I tell people I'm going to write/update something and get them all hyped up, then turn around and either don't do it or take forever. This is not a sin I am even mildly proud of. It's not that I mean to do this to people (or to myself), but I'm one of those people who can only write when I'm in the mood to. *impulsive writer* If I lose inspiration, then I can take weeks, even months before I recover it, making those I've told that "The next chapter/This fic will be out within a week/a few days" wait. I'm sorry to all these people. I wish there was a way to redeem this sin. I blame horrible Writer's Block.

I confess I have this same problem with drawing fanart! I try to ask people for suggestions, but even then I need that spark to actually sit down and draw something. I always feel bad too, when I never get that inspiration to finish a picture.

kotku

SEXY.
i don't regret much, considering i've demoralized myself to the point i can't be easily disgusting with anything since i found out what in the world shounen-ai and yaoi were, lol.

um..i guess the fact that i used to think i had gotten over my obsessed fan phase, and then resorted to hating everything about shippings to look strong. i remember ranting on another poke forum about how "ridiculous and plain stupid" shippings were, especially poke/poke and human/poke ones. i still don't like either much, but seriously. i came back to that thread proclaiming my love for originshipping, clingyshipping and raltsshipping about a year later.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
- My first slash fanfiction I wrote was when I was 12 and ended it when I was 13. xD Yeah... I gave a copy of the last chapter to a friend...I think she still has it. xD I write better today most definitely. >W< It's so...DX

- The first pairings I ever supported were male/female only and then I came across these two Puzzleshipping (Yami/Yuugi) fanfics (which are still not done and I guess are dead...) and that was what started my slash spree.

- I read a Puppyshipping one-shot one day...I think it was a lime and I didn't know what it was at the time so I got a big surprise when Jou was the seme and master of Kaiba... -cough-

- I don't really do fanfics anymore (though I do do one-shots from time to time) since...I worry that it'll end up like my last fanfic...dead and discontinued. I even put, "See you next month~" on the last chapter, but gah...it died for me.

- I get plot bunnies for fanfics from time to time, though I don't have time for them or don't know how to word it in words. ><

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
Next Ones!

- Made too much excuses and being lazy about putting up the next chapter for my shipping stories.

- Ever since Kelly came into the AG Series, seeing her spending lots of time May caused my brain to think of extreme naughty action between them and caused me to be into Yuri xD

I probably have a lot of regrets

1.Falling in love with Advanceshipping, because of that I know hate Contestshipping, thankfully I finally became a Pokeshipper again

2.Falling in love with Pearlshipping for a long time, thankfully I had a ikarishipping dream which made me a Ikarishipper again

3.Writing about 3 Ikarishipping OOC Fics

4.Writing a comment on a video saying that I hated Contestshipping

Ok, time to come clean.

-I HUGELY, REGRETFULLY spammed on the Pearlshipping thread. What Sonic Boom said actually helped me out alot. So to that I say, thank you Sonic Boom for that post on the thread. Even though what you said was truly hurtful to my self-esteem, and I didn't log on for a month after that, I used that time to think about my wrong-doings and I hope I am forgiven.

ShinyAeon

Forgive me, Mesprit, for I have sinned....in Pokemon, I ship mainstream canon, and I can't seem to break out of the habit.

Seriously. I used to entertain multiple ships in all my previous fandoms, because I was all about character interaction and new combinations meant new interactions to explore. Anything could work if you set it up right, and "what if" scenarios were always entertaining.

My good friend and roommate used to tell me that only the "One True Pairing" ships in her fandoms were "legit," and I thought that was a bit limiting, and didn't quite get it. Then I began to watch Pokemon, and discovered that I felt the same way about these characters. I just felt uncomfortable when I ran across a ship that conflicted with the major canon ships.

I've been working fiercely on myself, trying to force the tunnel of my vision to a wider perspective. But man, learning to be comfortable with Advanceshipping, Pearlshipping, or not-Rocketshipping-TR-ships has been HARD. (Gymshipping, Egoshipping, and Palletshipping were not as difficult...I saw Egoshipping as a big "what if," Gymshipping as a "bored-with-the-canon-now" experiment, and Palletshipping was never a problem to begin with...it was Ash's other "OTP," because, as my friend maintains, a character always has TWO "One True Pairings," a straight OTP and a slash OTP, which do not conflict with each other, only with other straight and other slash pairings. To this I have added a third and fourth OTP, the human/Pokemon pairings...platonic = Ash&Pikachu, romantic = Ash&Latias. ;) )

I have no idea why my "ship exclusivity" gene was activated by Pokemon and not anything else I've watched before, but it really annoyed me, so I've been compulsive about trying to open up my mind. But I'm glad to report success: I read and enjoy all kinds of ships now. Though I'm still fondest of the canon ships.

But people who dismiss Pokeshipping as worthless just because it's "too old to matter" still REALLY annoy me.

(The original canon ship deserves more respect than that, even if it doesn't appeal to someone personally; you can explore a new ship without insulting the old one, and without demonizing any of the older characters, too.)

Now, if Handymanshipping is a sin, I've sinned greatly, and unrepentantly. What's wrong with it, anyway? It's the closest thing Tracey has to a canonical ship, and Daisy is pretty hilarious (especially in the Lovedisc episode, that one totally sold me on her character). Plus, babe + geek is always full of win in my book. I say, as long as you like a ship because you like the characters IN it (and not because you want to use it to "free up" someone for some other ship), there's nothing wrong with it. And if anyone wants to say that Handymanshipping lacks such a fan, well, I'm here to prove them wrong. I just think it's cute as heck.

(And it's not because I'm "against" Orangeshipping, either – I was never AGAINST that one, it just doesn't do much for me personally. I like Misty and Tracey both a lot, but they "feel" more like friends than lovers to me, at least at their present ages. Now, once they're both a bit older, I could easily see them getting together.)

One final note...

Misty (or Kasumi, even) may have had a crush on Ash/Satoshi, but I'm pretty sure it was completely platonic on his side.

I can understand that, though personally I can see signs of Ash returning the interest (if not actually to the point of crush)...he blushes, too, after all, and he got as mad at Tracey in the Nidoran episode as Misty did, seemed jealous of Rudy, etc.

As for his being all about Pikachu most of the time...well, it may be reading more into the text than is there, but I think Ash deflects a lot of his emotions for his human friends (not just Misty) onto Pikachu (and other Pokemon). I've seen a lot of guys in RL do this, you see...deflect their softer feelings onto their pets or their children (if the kids are young enough), because it's more acceptable for a guy to get mushy about (say) a dog or a little kid than about an adult woman or (horrors!) another adult male. Of course, mileage will vary, but it just seems like something someone with Ash's personality would do (or something the male writers would unconsciously have him do).

Demon of Light

The Pumpkin King
Hoo boy.

-I used to be a R*cketshipper. Those who were in the fandom around 2000 know what I'm talking about: squealy, immature, completely convinced that Jessie and James belong together, and think that Cori Falls' terrible fanfiction is the best. Thankfully, I was one of those only a month or two (then I figured WrongRocketshipping is much cooler). Still, the damage has been done.

-I read my first smutfic when I was 13. It was a Cori Falls fic and she marked it R while it should've been NC-17. Luckily the next smutfic I read (at age 14...) was far better. God, why am I telling you this.

-Even though I haven't been a R*cketshipper for nine years now, until lately I've had a problem shipping James with anyone other than Jessie. I totally ship one-sided Jessie/Harley because it was so obvious when Harley hired JJ&M to mess with May, and I think some drunken Jessie/Cassidy in the past would explain a lot, but I just couldn't be flexible with James. Pokemopolis and JIG just made me feel insecure for him about his own sexuality. Kind of silly, really... I was pretty much only willing to ship him with someone else if that someone else was voiced by Morikawa Toshiyuki, since he voices my other favorite character. Sadly, I couldn't quite see Bashou/James, so it took until Mikuri (Wallace) showed up in the anime for me to open the gates. Now I'm willing to slash James with pretty much anything cute, fruity and mobile. XD

-I still can't pair him with any girl that isn't Jessie, though.

-I thought about trolling the Ikarishipping thread. I didn't do it in the end, but I was really tempted to. I really want to tell them my opinion, but I don't like it when people do the same in the Rocketshipping thread. >_>;

-I don't like it when fans ship themselves with fictional characters, but I have been tempted to ship myself with James. Stupid cartoon crush.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
NO! I REFUSE TO LET THIS THREAD DIE!

- I once read an AlmostStraightShipping (Gary X Ashley) fic all the way through, AND I ENJOYED IT. I think I may actually like genderbending fics now. I guess I'll look up Ranma 1/2.

- I think Harley is straight. I think that's a sin here among the community. I think I'll keep him straight anyway. Festivalshipping ftw.

I may be able to think of more when I can start thinking clearly again. But I want to see some more "sins" here XD.

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
The only thing even slightly shippings-related I have regretted is managing to get the LunarEclipseShipping thread locked with a bunch of other people. :/

I don't regret saying that there is a large population of stupid shippings.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Another interesting thread I couldn't resist.

MyCurrentObsession said:
I tell people I'm going to write/update something and get them all hyped up, then turn around and either don't do it or take forever. This is not a sin I am even mildly proud of. It's not that I mean to do this to people (or to myself), but I'm one of those people who can only write when I'm in the mood to. *impulsive writer* If I lose inspiration, then I can take weeks, even months before I recover it, making those I've told that "The next chapter/This fic will be out within a week/a few days" wait. I'm sorry to all these people. I wish there was a way to redeem this sin. I blame horrible Writer's Block.
Ugh, I am so guilty of this, too. For me, I always have the ideas in my head but become too lazy to get them typed/on paper. I guess this is why I now stick to one-shot & drabbles. I swear I can't write multi-chaptered fics; I'm just too lazy I just don't have the time.

I constantly picked on the Advanceshippers & Anti-Misty fans, not to mention engaged in many flame wars from 2002-2004. Fun times, yes. I just disliked seeing my favorite character getting bashed for stupid reasons so I hated May during that time. That was also a time when this forum was kinda crazy when I first registered here. I think that was when Kiori's version of the Pokeshipping Thread got deleted by some hacker which was the major news during that time. My first thought? 'Those Advanceshippers did it!' I swear I couldn't get along with any Advanceshipper back then.

I used to worry over the other main Ash shippings. Whenever I see the other shippers go crazy over their hints, I watch the episode myself. Once I see the hint wasn't serious, I sighed in relief. XD I still do this with Pearlshipping but not as passionately like I was with Advanceshipping.

Back when Pokeshipping was claimed by Alfonso... holy crap. I fumed to myself because I remember he said he did it out of spite. Oh, the tension we all had back then; good stuff. I was relived when the list got restarted and pokeplayer was the next guardian. I remember how we all were "YAY ^___^" Us Pokeshippers made a huge deal over who claimed Pokeshipping so you can imagine how p!ssed we all were. When I learned the list was going to be restarted yet again, I went over and asked pokeplayer and asked him politely. I recall thinking to myself "He's probably going to say no" but to my surprise he said yes. So I happily claimed it for a good while and took care of it until passing it to Swifty. I gotta say I'm not exactly happy about someone else claiming it randomly but whatever... I guess..

I didn't like Anti-shippers in general, either. Sure, Pokemon isn't exactly the romantic kiss-me-now anime but something about it pulled me in. However, when I saw an anti-shipper, the result was arguing with them. I was a stubborn one and still am somewhat. Nowadays, I'm okay with non Pokeshippers and am friends with a lot of them. It's the melting pot of ships.

I used to ship Water Spirit x pokeplayer984 along with many Pokeshippers of our generation. Oh god, good times. The guy even admitted having a crush on her but the two remained friends... or so I think? Well anyway, these guys were the member shipping pick back then. I don't think they get in contact anymore nor have I spoken to him ever since he left..

I also shipped Uzamaki Hinata (otherwise known as Uza-chan) with Gazmof. They are the Advanceshipping otp. Even though they're not canon at this time, it isn't stopping me from supporting this pairing. >:'DDD Just to let you guys know, I would have made you guys canon in the Crusade story. :3 You guys are the King & Queen to me.

I admit I looked at/read smut of shippings and squee over them. Some of them were inspiration for a oneshot I wrote last year. There's nothing like good smut to help a shipper. :3

I used to be one of those shippers who went all "^_____________________________^" over anything related to PS. I abused "KAWAAIIIIIIIII" like hell. Old old PS Thread was crack around Caption Day. God, I miss that.

One of the main reasons why I went on hiatus at the end of '05 was because of my secret crush on Blue. To make up an excuse, I told everyone at the PS Thread I was going to study for my exams. I'm awful, aren't I? XD If I didn't, then I do think I would have spilled the beans without myself noticing or someone would have eventually picked up which I definitely didn't want.

When I said I lost interest in Pokeshipping and hosted a failing sotm, I left for a short while on low profile and went off to different forums to talk to different kinds of shippers. This was sometime around the CS versus AS debate when everybody else decided to engage in it. I was sick of the bashing then went off to a ton of LiveJournal communities and saw a completely different side of shippers. I stayed and talked to the Rocketshippers, the Advanceshippers, the Palletshippers, the Comashippers, & Egoshippers most of all and basically learned how to open up and not be afraid to support something else for a change. When I came back, that's when the Shippers Comm Awards idea struck and became a success.

I remember I used to compete with all the Pokeshippers to see who got the 1000th post or 10,000th post. We all constantly spammed over there back then until most of us decided to grow up by the conclusion of that thread.

A lot of people often tell me that I'm the Queen of Pokeshipping but I can't get that thought into my head. I've often thought that place went to WS and pokeplayer and even after all these years, they still strike me as the rightful ones. I guess I still have this vision from PokeProphet's Adventures in the USS Pokeship back in '05. [I wish he continued it from that chapter I was dying to know about! ;o;] I honestly do not fit that role no matter how many people say otherwise. I admit I see myself more of a defender/knight.

I've got to admit I dislike a few people over events in the past, but eventually made up with most of them. You guys know who you are. As for the others, good luck.

Yeah... a lot longer than I expected. ._.

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
Sadly... I have to confess some more.

I AM SO SORRY EVERY LOVE SONG WRITER/SINGER OUT THERE!!! Every time I hear a love song, I always have to say: "OMG!!! This song would be soo perfect for _____Shipping~~~!" Yeah... I swear, I abused listening to music so hard. And sometimes, it's not even love songs! If a random song comes on the radio, out of nowhere, I'll just shout out loud: AHHH! This song is awesome for ____Shipping!" Everyone just looks at me like o_O I don't even know why... XD

...I regret getting wayy to sucked into the rivalry thing between Bishieshipping and Coldcoffeeshipping over at the Shippers Face-Off.
I wasn't really that public about it... But I was seriously freaking out in front of my computer screen going "ZOMG THIS IS SO CLOSE!" and "C'MON COLDCOFFEESHIPPING!"
...Just absolutely spazzing. It was rather unnecessary, because I like Bishieshipping too, haha. I felt mass amounts of relief when it was over - even if Coldcoffee had lost, I still would've felt fine, because Bishie was quite the worthy opponent.

...I sorta went off on a tangent there, didn't I? ;;

Cynthia

Hiatus
I suppose I'm ashamed that I'm in this forum area, but now I can't leave because it's too interesting.

Forgive me lord for I hath shipped?

Chelc

I guess I might as well post again. I really don't feel like going to bed.

It's hard for me to stay interested in Pokeshipping, Questshipping, Contestshipping, and Penguinshipping. I still enjoy them, but I can't help prefer other shippings over them.

I'd go for yuri over yaoi any day, even if I'm more of a het-shipper, and did go through a "yaoi phase" back when I was like fourteen. Idk, I'm not totally against yaoi or anything, but I just can't get into it.

May/December (more like older guy/younger girl, older girl/younger guy just really grosses me out for whatever reason) shippings are totally hot and the best ever. After I read Lolita (as well as watched the movie) by Vladimir Nabokov, I couldn't get enough of them, and researched them for the longest time. They just fascinate me. They are definitely my favorite "type" of shipping, if that makes any sense. I don't think there's one shipping (besides my 4? mainstream ones) I support nowadays that does not have some sort of age gap, haha.

Smut is definitely my guilty pleasure. I won't even read a shipping fan fic that doesn't include it...rofl.

Oh, and my computer is filled with tons of unfinished IronWill and HoennChampion fics. 8)

Yeti

Banned
Oh, and my computer is filled with tons of unfinished IronWill and HoennChampion fics. 8)
SAME M8 only with villain ships and OC villain ships and villains haha.
Maybe I said this before but idr. I am surprised my PC isn't BAAAWing it's memory is out yet.

I have never gotten the least bit upset or angry over anything regarding shipping or shippers..
except Conjunctionshipping o(
That is like the sole thing that can piss me off is that stupid pos ship. UGH I get mad just thinking about it lol.

The Renowned Obscurity said:
...I regret getting wayy to sucked into the rivalry thing between Bishieshipping and Coldcoffeeshipping over at the Shippers Face-Off.
Oh man I do that with every ship I really like. o)
I checked my phone every morning before school to see if Conjunction was up yet/had won it's round yet during the H8 round. I was so anticipating Conjunction v Advance..
I must confess I am sad that Advance lost. I hate Advance a thousand times more than Conjunction and I was hoping to see Advance triumph but somehow Congarbage beat it. I was surprised by that I admit o|!

I almost never ship characters with more than one person. Once I find someone for personhere, that is THE person for them... there is no other option. NO other option.. 8)

I also try to ship every character in shows that I can.. usually all het ships too haha. Dunno why I just pair people up like crazy.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Nice confessions guys. =>

Now I like smut fics a lot and I'm not afraid to write it. But here is one of the hugest shipping confessions ever.

The first thing that had ever turned me on.... *puts it in a spoiler tag*
Advanceshipping used to turn me on. First thing that ever did. XD

Yes... when I first stumbled on an Xrated advanceshipping fic, I was addicted to it. I started reading more NC-17 fics along with shippy fics and became hooked. I ended up getting loads of images of Ash and May having sex in different ways. I used to spam to heart's content on forums. I'd spam about AS smex on AS forums. hehe.

I always tried looking for Advanceshipping x-rated stuff and would save anything related to AS smut.

The same thing goes to my OTP: Chisato x Miyu.

As time went on, I started getting into more ships. =D

And now no one has to be afraid anymore. XD

Last edited:

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
I wasn't really that public about it... But I was seriously freaking out in front of my computer screen going "ZOMG THIS IS SO CLOSE!" and "C'MON COLDCOFFEESHIPPING!"
...Just absolutely spazzing. It was rather unnecessary, because I like Bishieshipping too, haha. I felt mass amounts of relief when it was over - even if Coldcoffee had lost, I still would've felt fine, because Bishie was quite the worthy opponent.

...I sorta went off on a tangent there, didn't I? ;;

rofl. You reminded me of how much I was back when Rangershipping was in the Shipping FO. All nervous and crap. I couldn't sleep, I needed to see what was currently going on. I woke up @ 3 AM just to check what was the round... and well, since this is the confessional thread,
I have convinced people that I know through MSN who were SPPf members to vote for it... *gets bricked by Alicia and Vycktsa*
Same with Appealshipping, I think, but it's not as worse, didn't got those nervous vibes, since Shipping FO isn't as fast when it comes to getting to the next round...

That was back then, now I just shove that thread to people's noses for the sake of voting, I really don't care what they vote for now. XP

Hmm, more confessions.
Okay, I admit of liking Mikoto x Touma even if I am more of a supporter of Kuroko x Mikoto. Cause we all know that Mikoto denies her love for Touma and she even told Kuroko about it, and even if Kuroko was a little heart-broken, she still clings on her Onee-sama and takes advantage of Mikoto every time she gets the opportunity. rofl, even a single touch or hug.

Well, but Touma x Index should be more canon, hopefully, but Misaka keeps dragging Touma away. What the...?

Chelc

I feel like I'm spamming this or something. OH WELL.

Okay, so I used to LOVE TomoyaxNagisa in CLANNAD, but now I just...strongly dislike it. It just really annoys me, especially in AS, ugh. It just seems so rushed or something to me now, idk, I can't really explain it.

I've since become a huge fan of TomoyaxTomoyo due to episode 24. Now that there's news of Tomoyo: After becoming an hour long movie...I am even more excited for this pairing. 8)

Oh yeah, there's something else about the recent FO...
I felt reallyyy guilty about Coldcoffeeshipping winning for some reason, probably because it won't stay nevermet xD;

Oh and something else:
I'm less into yuri ships than I sometimes let on... I like them and everything, but I don't actively going around pairing girls up. I wish I did though actually, just because I feel pay more attention to yaoi ships (which I do because I'm guilty of becoming obsessive over many) and I want to like all sorts of ships more equally. Or something.

I also totally dig South Park slash xD

Status
Not open for further replies.