• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The shipping confessional; Pour your heart out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
*kneels before the alter*

Perhaps it's not a sin, but I've stopped fanning "in public," Lord.

I see these people whip out their OTPs and their 'ships and maybe it's barely related to the topic at hand while they squee and get the word out, and I wonder, "Have they no self respect? Who cares."

Lord, I keep it all to myself. And when I don't, I feel superficial and shameful. I feel like a spectacle and an attention-seeker. I have never liked what is "in" and I don't like what's abounding now, and I wonder if it's because I don't try. I have seen people with their tastes and I know what is welcome to support, what will survive, and won't be brushed aside because it's overall too small or bigger fish don't like it and made other fish not like it either.

So I continue to only show my love when it's...appropriate. And past that, there's little else to say for it.

Emerald_Infectiion

Little Big Dreamer
Holy Old Lady. X__x
The last I went to confession was when I was in the 3rd Grade for my First Communion. o_O;

... Haha, this'll be fun. >>;

+1 -- I just said "Holy Old Lady." I've gotten in the habit of saying that ever since I tried not to cuss in a Review to a Rivalshipping Yu-Gi-Oh! GX fanfic I read a while back. XD! I've gotten in trouble for saying it IRL a lot, too...
Maybe I should stop saying that in front of the teachers at school. XD

+2 -- I purposely print out FanArt of my favorite Ships and show them off to my friends at school (with mini-credit text at the bottom of who drew it. X3! Yes, I'm just that paranoid. X__x). I've got about two or three friends who support some of the same pairings, but some people just roll their eyes or try to make fun. (IT DOESN'T WORK! >DDD)

+3 -- Yeah... My favorite Ships are usually Yaoi, so whenever I show something off at school or start talking about a Ship, I try to be in front of my guys friends just to get a reaction out of them.
My boyfriend is still uncomfortable with me being "obsessed" with pairing "two guys together." XD! He likes to joke and say "You're obsessed with two guys and none of them are me!"
... haha? XD! Would this be considered adultery? o_O;; *shot* NO IT WOULDN'T! D:

+4 -- When I was a kid (I KNOW I was in 3rd or 4th Grade), I was friends with an authoress on FF.Net that I thought was the best when it came to writing Pokemon FanFics. She was a huge supporter of ChampionShipping, though... (and still is) and liked to also ship together Champion!Lance or Champion!Red with Dragonair.
I regret reading such a thing at such a young age. X___X
I swear, my innocence died right then.
... I still kinda like ChampionShipping, but I'd only read it if I was bored. Teh Red x Dragonair x Lance-ness was scarring, but hott. >x<;;;

+5 -- I regret not continuing my supposedly-epic fanfic on FF.Net called "Blossoming of a Rose." But there was nothing I could do...
Contestshipping sort of faded. :/
I still support it, but not as much.

+6 -- I was (and still am) a huge fan of May. XD!
To the point that I didn't want to watch DP Generation because she wasn't in it and a "girlie-girl in a short skirt" replaced her. D:
... Don't hurt me Dawn Fans!! >.<! I eventually started watching DP: Battle Dimension and started to like it (especially since May came back. :D).
I like Dawn and all, but May holds mine heart. <3

... I'll be back. :p

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
About a year ago, i was a obessed freak about advanceshipping, i really hated Pokeshipping and Contestshipping until i started to write Contest and Pokeshipping fics, telling myself that they weren't as bad as i thought.

And most of my friends are Contest and Pokeshippers. xD

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
One other "sin" I remembered: my first instance of supporting a crossover pairing came from Super Smash Bros. Melee (Irony being that it is a fighting game): Because of that event "Bombs Away!" (I think that's what the event is called), I started liking the idea of Link X Samus. And my name for it was BombShipping, imagine that XD. But then Brawl rolled along, and I just followed along with all of the zany Samus X Snake shippers. But LinMus (as I call it) will always have a special plac ein my heart XD

And also, because of Melee, I was introduced to the Ice Climbers. Subsequently, I was introduced to, and have grown to love, Popo X Nana. It's completely obvious, people! XD

Last edited:

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
No, I'm not bumping this thread...

I have many confessions to make.

1) I once thought of Penguinshipping without trying to puke. XD No seriously, I actually once thought of this ship once as an idea as part of my current Aerialshipping fic. One-sided on Kenny's part, trying to comfort Dawn. Although, I think Zoey would be a more appropriate choice ;)

2) I am shipping Ash with Takuya from Digimon Frontier. It's hot.

3) Again, on the Pokemon/Digimon shippings: Dawn and Kari. AKA Hikari and Hikari. Hikarishipping anyone? They could talk about all of the ship wars over their characters and stuff.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Me either...

Well, more confessions from me X3 Forgive me, Shipping Lord/s...

Not so much a confession as a sad tale, but here it is.

When I first got into Yu-Gi-Oh (this was around 2001, I think?) Anyway, when I was first getting into it, I went to Fanfiction.net a lot, and posted in various PuzzleShipping (Yami x Yuugi) fics. (Also, I will not use Atem cuz I hate that name & I grew up with the dub anyway.)

I keep going off on tangents.

OKAY. So, I was first getting into it, went to FF.N a lot, posted lots of reviews, made some pretty neat friends ^_^ I miss them so friggin much ;; I made more friends as I posted my own fics (I only have 2 PuzzleShipping fics to my name, both incomplete.) Some of those friends were semi-big names in the community, and then one day a rather big BNF befriended me. Still talk to her to this day ^^

I felt on top of the world. I felt like an awesome writer, like a great person, and I was starting to feel like a BNF myself, with the few BNF friends I had. I was really active online. So active, in fact, that I spent 8+ hours online a day. Ruined my eyesight, I'll tell ya.

So, some time ago... I believe it was in... 2005, a bunch of people from the fandom got their accounts hacked on FF.N, had their stories deleted, and profiles altered. These were people who were semi-BNF's, and I was one of them. I cried and cried over the loss of all the stuff I had up. I was devastated. Since then, I haven't been a prolific writer anymore. I went into anonymity, lost a lot of friends, and I didn't even bother to write much, if at all, for many years. I had seen myself as a successful writer, with lots of friends and fans... but after the hack, I was really shaken up =\

To this day, I can't write more than a few pages. I'm really friggen rusty =\ I blamed my high school social life for the lack of writing, but really, it was this event. I've started to get back into the swing of things here on SPPf, and as good as it feels, I still worry that I might get hacked.

tl;dr: I feel really insecure about getting back into writing, but I'm trying. The drabble thread really helps. It takes baby steps, I guess =\

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
...why didn't you have backups of what you wrote? And your fans as well?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Oh, I did. But, they were on a Floppy disc, you see. Which isn't compatible with any newer computers anymore.

I think I neglected to mention that, yea? =\

Ah well, re-writing wasn't so bad... gave me an excuse to revamp the stories so they don't sound as noobish anymore.

Oh, and just so this isn't marked up as spam:

+ Whenever I go to reply to a thread's topic, I usually get swept away and I have a burning desire to write @_@ But I can't formulate the idea into something good, or even coherant =\ It gets all chopped up and I hate adding description, because I understand it perfectly. Although, I know a lot of others won't, and that really grinds my beans >_<

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
K time to confess...

*Bows down to the shipping gods*

1) Back then when i was new to pearlshipping i hated pokeshipping and advancedshipping. I hated them so much that i was tending to stay away that had anything that was pokeshippiny or advanceshippy. On other websites (not this one) i'd be always bashing both shippings. But soon i got over the hate thing and i stoped bashing. now i dont hate them like i used to. Now i just dont like the shippings.

That's basically it for my confession until i can remember the rest.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
*saving* Josh, you owe me a favor.

Ye and verily, a small confession that has weighed on me recently. Back in Yeti's awards thread, when I got a nomination for Best Veteran, I don't remember if I declined it or not. At any rate, I should have, because even though my join date is April 2005, I only made a handful of posts. Then, due to this and that and the other thing, I left the site alone... only to return sometime in spring of 2008. I don't recall exactly when... I think it was sometime in May or June. So, it's bordering on one year of active membership. *fanfare and confetti*

I know I made a similar post on the first page, but the issue that plagues me is that I now wonder what is the timeframe, exactly, that qualifies one as a Shipping Veteran. Because, if I do end up qualifying for one with only a year's active membership, I'll stop feeling guilty/stupid whenever I'm mistaken as a Vet. Not only that, but I'll also get a pathetic sense of pride and accomplishment, for becoming a Vet XD

If I don't get qualified (by whatever imaginary standards we have), I get to keep on feeling like a non-Veteran heel with 4 years of join-date-ness behind me.

See how vapid I am?

Shinnie-tan

Ugh, let's see--

When I was twelve, I used to be a pretty rabid pokeshipper - I refused to read anything that didn't have Ash/Misty in it. I hated it when May was introduced and it probably didn't help that I couldn't watch pokemon anymore because I had to go to school early. It was pretty shameful to think about the way I acted and I'm just so relieved I never thought about even going to forums- no, my rabidness extended only to my reviews in stories where Ash/Misty was the main couple and May bashing was optional. *shudders*

Now, I no longer like Misty or even pokeshipping and I somehow fell into the palletshipping/slash pairings crowd, with a bit of contestshipping and advancedshipping here and there.

And yeah, May is now my all time favourite female character and Misty fell to the bottom somewhere along the lines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.