• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shocker!

JohnBurgundy

Before I go any further, I made this team strictly for Triple Battles. I got bored with playing 3 vs 3 on the random match ups and tried Triples out, I've been hooked ever since.

When I get bored at work, I like to come up with gimmicky teams. I've created an all water team that I tried posting before, but I don't know if it ever went through, and today I've been putting the finishing touches on the all Electric team that I have been working on. Still needs a few tweaks and some input in a few gaps. The theme of the team is built around using Volt Absorb. Four of them have it and I intend to use them on either side of another pokemon to play center.

Galvantula
Ability: Swarm
Item: ???
EVs: 252Spd/???/???
-Electroweb
-Volt Switch
-Discharge
-Bug Buzz

This pokemon is the lead center. It will be flanked by two Volt Absorbers. At 108 base speed, it outspeeds many of the common threats out there. First turn is used to throw up Electroweb. Once this is up, any affected opposing pokemon with base speed under 100 is outsped by my slowest pokemon(assuming I invest in speed). The rest of my team will outspeed everything else affected. Can someone please clarify whether it slows down ground types? I'm assuming it has no effect. Bug Buzz is obviously for STAB and to help out with Psychics, Dark and Grass types. The lack of bulk on this thing and lack of great abilities left me with swarm. I figured it will get hurt quickly, so I might as well boost it's already STABed move. Volt Switch is in case I need to switch out but still wanna do some damage. Discharge is the main attacking move since it will hit all opponents while providing 25% hp revovery to my Volt Absorbers. One good thing here is the lack of a weakness to ground.

Heliolisk
Ability: Dry Skin
Item: Leftovers
EVs: ???
-Electrify
-Parabolic Charge
-Discharge
-Electric Terrain

I'm pretty iffy still on this set. Electric Terrain combined with Electroweb will help my team sweep non grounds. I know it seems weird to have both Discharge and Parabolic Charge, but the Parabolic charge is for self recovery while the Discharge is for damage. Hitting three opponents should do a decent amount of damage to non resisting opponents, especially with terrain. Heliolisk lacks bulk and is weak to both ground and fighting. Electrify is a neat move that will be used on particularly powerful opponents. Given that 2/3 of my field will be Volt Absorbers this will likely cause the opponent to heal a quarter of one of my Pokemon's HP by making their attack electric, or hit Heliolisk not very effectively.

Thunderus-T
Ability: Volt Absorb
Item: Damp Rock
EVs:???
-Hidden Power Ice
-Aura Sphere
-Rain Dance
-Thunder

Massive special attack means that Aurasphere will hit opposing rock-types hard, which is good considering both the lead and Thunderus are weak to rock attacks. This also gets rid of the pesky Kangaskhan and murders Tyranitar in cold blood. Rain Dance would be the ideal first move to get off assuming it's safe. This would provide a third layer of healing on Heliolisk to go along with the leftovers and Parabolic Charge. STAB Thunder with 145 Special Attack and a 50% terrain boost with perfect accuracy will do some harm. Hidden Power Ice is to hit ground-types and dragons.

Jolteon
Item: ???
-Reflect
-Volt Switch
-Substitute
-Thunderwave

Jolteon is the second of the two Pokemon on this team that are helpless against ground-types. Reflect is to hopefully give my guys a chance to survive an Earthquake and to bring the defenses up to a respectable level. Voltswitch for the swap outs plus STAB. Thunderwave is to give the chance of opponents skipping a turn, and because whats an electric team without guaranteed paralyisis. Substitue to help absorb big hits. Since it has Volt Absorb, it basically gets to put up a sub for free, since that 1/4 HP will be put right back after the center uses discharge.

Raikou
Item:???
EVs:???
-Hidden Power Ice
-Volt Switch
-Thunder
-Substitute

Free substitute just like Jolteon as long as the center hits a discharge. Volt Switch for swapping. Hidden Power Ice is again for murdering Garchomps and similar types. Thunder of course is for the massive damage during the 8 turns of rain, especially with a terrain boost.

Lanturn
Item: Air Balloon
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Rain Dance
-Substitute
-Thunder

I'm leaning towards Scald because of the STAB and weather boosts it gets. Ice Beam just kills the ever common Garchomp. But I think Scald is the better option with the chance of inflicting burn, combined with Jolteons light screen giving my team a solid defense against physical attacks. Rain Dance was put on early on in the planning before adding it to Thunderus. I figured I'd keep it for now, just in case I need rain and Thunderus isn't around. Substitue for free again. Thunder to get of som damage with such a low Special Attack stat. The air balloon is so it doesn't get Earthquaked right away due to it's low defense. If Galvantula gets up Electroweb in time and Lanturn manages to get out a sub, it could be pretty useful having the balloon for later. Ground Pokemon smirks at weak electric fish, Quakes, looks confused, gets Scalded by weak electric fish.

So obviously I need some help choosing EVs and items. I'm a little nervous about the fact that 2 of them can't hit ground, but I think I have enough counters. The typical starting line up for me would be Thunderus, Galvantula, Lanturn, in that order. The opponent would see all the electric-types and put their Quaker in center spot for an easy sweep. Thunderus is immune, Galvantula is not week to it, and Lanturn gets to potentially miss it a turn. Also, both Thunderus and Lanturn can counter it. First turn, set up web, counter ground and rock types/ set up rain. Turn two, provide Discharge healing and Thunder stuff.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Heliolisk- Give his EVs Speed 252 Sp Att 252 and Hp 4. Item- I have Big Root on mine so he can absorb more HP.

Galvantula- Give him 252 in Sp Attack and the remainder in HP. Give him Life orb for more damage.

Thundurus- Evs- Sp Att 252 Speed 252 Hp 4

Jolteon- put the Leftovers on him, therefore extra Hp gain. Evs- Hp 252 Speed 252 Att 4 This one seems more defensive that's why this I recommend this EV spread.

Raikou- Give him a Metronome, since he seems to be the one to spam Thunder. Evs- Sp Att 252 Speed 252 Hp 4

Lanturn- Evs- Sp Att- 252 Hp 252 Speed 4

Most of them are the Swift hard hitting ones so most have the Special Attack and Speed Maxed. Some just need the extra HP boost to stay in longer.

JohnBurgundy

Thanks a lot. I guess the max speed EVs would definitely come in handy if Galvantula fails to get the web out. Any ideas on items for the rest of them?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Thanks a lot. I guess the max speed EVs would definitely come in handy if Galvantula fails to get the web out. Any ideas on items for the rest of them?

I am sure I recommended some items in that post as well, double check cause I don't think I missed anyone :/

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Have you thought about adding soak to Lanturn? It's loads of fun when something that resists your electric moves switches in

JohnBurgundy

Have you thought about adding soak to Lanturn? It's loads of fun when something that resists your electric moves switches in

You know what, that's an excellent idea. I think I'll switch rain dance for soak.