• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shocking Zygarde VS Zygarde! The Breaking World!! (936)

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

Markerz

Also, what exactly was Lysandre trying to do with Ash? I didn't understand his "You will be the guide for my chosen people" comment, was he planning to take the Bond Phenomenon energy and then eliminate Ash or just take Ash's Bond Phenomenon energy and leave him alone while he uses the Bond Phenomenon energy to help his "chosen people"?

My guess: Ash and Greninja with red eyes, 'carving' the way to the future by cutting through everything in Lysandre's way.

Janovy

Banned
Since when was Pokemon without animation error?

[IMG139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/e/eb/DP158_error.png/800px-DP158_error.png[/IMG139]

Nightslushie

Why do I have this bad feeling something tragic is going to happen to greninja? The more I watch this arc the more is hitting me. I am I just worried for nothing? Lol

SoundVoltex

So far is everyone enjoying this Arc? For me is Meh

I'm enjoying it a lot. Clemont finally showing off his battling prowess as a gym leader. Serena showing her true supportive nature and being assertive when times call for it. Bonnie and the bond phenomenon with squishy. They're tying in a lot of supporting characters into very serious roles. That in itself is very refreshing to see.

Good arc, could have been built up and done better throughout the series though.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Okay, right off the bat, I gotta comment on the fact that the dub made a notable change. As Ash and his Pokémon are in their captured states, they're not being held up in a crucified manner. However, that wasn't the case in the last episode, if I recall correctly.

Also, they edited the scenes to make it seem like Ash was just fading into Lysandre's control rather than screaming in agony. Man, why does the dub have to do that?

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
So the dub changed it up when Lysander is trying to get the bond phenomona from Ash with those red laser lights. In the sub when Ash gets zapped, he was screaming in pain and in the dub, he doesn't...instead he looks like he was sick or on drugs lol fading away from reality. I really don't understand why they changed it. Another thing was Bonnie's moment with her dad. When they took control of Z1, she starts to feel its pain, then he grabs her, etc...was a bit more intense in the sub too. Those are the two more noticeable things I saw right away when watching this episode live on CN just now.

So this episode is part 2 of the oh-s**t-flare-is-actually-cool arc. The dub is going well, though it's dumbed down for some reason...? Doesn't matter, the atmosphere is still set to apocalypse mode, and that's cool. This episode sets up the next nicely as well. The dubbed version of the arc is underway, and nobody is gonna stop it.

Welp, we know what episode is next. Bring it on. I wanna see how the dub takes it, whether it's dumbed down too much or not. Also... dubbed we-know-who-is-returning is gonna be interesting, considering I'm not a big fan of their dub, but that might turn on its head next week.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Pfft. That M-Blaziken is pretty weak if it can't push off a measly Liepard back.

An evil Druddigon? Man, Iris would have been pissed off.

And Alain receives no punishment from Ash for being deceived. As long as you are deceived, you are excused of any wrongdoing. Doubts? Who cares!

Giant slugs can fly? Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose they're Ground-types?

Finally, Z-1's radioactive body did something to Bonnie.

I understand it's great this Lysandre got a little backstory...but man, talk about brief. Where the heck was that wrecked up Pokemon-less city? Why were people still living there? And instead of looking like faceless people, what exactly did they do to change him so badly? I wanted to see pulling and pushing, not a wall of zombies. I'm starting to think Lysandre just picked up the wrong city next to the one with economy problems.

Remember how we got a Discovery Channel episode with Pyroar being nice? It's too bad the last one we saw was a villain.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh my goodness, the amazingness continues. I didn't think it was possible, but this episode easily topped the last one. We have so much great stuff in the episode. Ash got to be an action hero, Alain showed some of the most extreme emotion we've ever seen in the show, Lysandre actually got some motivation unlike the games, and everyone was used properly, instead of just Ash. I can't believe we're finally getting something like this 20 years into Pokemon's life.

To the people complaining about the dub changes, as someone who has never seen the original Japanese, I found absolutely nothing wrong with the scenes in question. Perhaps it might be better if you just didn't worry about what the dub changed, and just enjoy it for what it is.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To the people complaining about the dub changes, as someone who has never seen the original Japanese, I found absolutely nothing wrong with the scenes in question. Perhaps it might be better if you just didn't worry about what the dub changed, and just enjoy it for what it is.

It's like you're forcing people to enjoy something they don't like. Don't do this.

matt0044

Man, why does the dub have to do that?

I doubt the dub staff themselves did that since unlike 4kids, they don't have their own team of animation editors. Rather, OLM themselves reanimated the scene from the ground up. The real question is why they didn't do away with the crucifix-imagery in the first place?

doofinc

get rillaboomed

It's less about what the dub showed still being decent and more of how the original made it better and the dub deliberately removing that. Still decent, but the potential to make it better was deliberately denied.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's like you're forcing people to enjoy something they don't like. Don't do this.

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. I'm simply making a suggestion that may allow people to enjoy something better than they would otherwise. Nowhere in my post did I say that you are all objectively wrong, and my opinion is more valid than yours. All I said was that I personally found it just fine and shared my reasoning for why I was okay with it in hopes that it might help someone else enjoy the show just a little more.

It's less about what the dub showed still being decent and more of how the original made it better and the dub deliberately removing that. Still decent, but the potential to make it better was deliberately denied.

I get it, I definitely do. I just sometimes feel like people put way too much hyperbole into these sort of complaints, and make it sound like the dub is absolutely trash for making these sorts of changes. I completely understand that most people will find parts like this that are changed better in the original, but I always get the feeling the people forget the difference between not as good as the original and the new version being completely bad on its own merit.

Cloud5001

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. I'm simply making a suggestion that may allow people to enjoy something better than they would otherwise. Nowhere in my post did I say that you are all objectively wrong, and my opinion is more valid than yours. All I said was that I personally found it just fine and shared my reasoning for why I was okay with it in hopes that it might help someone else enjoy the show just a little more.

I get it, I definitely do. I just sometimes feel like people put way too much hyperbole into these sort of complaints, and make it sound like the dub is absolutely trash for making these sorts of changes. I completely understand that most people will find parts like this that are changed better in the original, but I always get the feeling the people forget the difference between not as good as the original and the new version being completely bad on its own merit.

Most likely it was done on cartoon network's part, either out of spite that it's moving to Disney xd seeing as how they had no issue with it in the last episode or the supposed religious symbolisim. Honestly that position did'nt really look like a crucifiction to me anyway. Moving on from that I did enjoy this episode very much. Sarah natchomony's acting is just awesome here and Alain's break down just made me really sad for him.