• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shocking Zygarde VS Zygarde! The Breaking World!! (936)

SoundVoltex

Goodra charging forward looked really weird.

Great episode. Loved the Pokes working together and Clemont getting some serious bad *** screen time.

Also, is it me or are these Team Flare episodes A LOT more emotionally impactful than the League? Seriously, has to be one of the most intriguing Pokemon arcs to date.

Jorgesnoopy

Does anyone know enough Japanese to know why Lysandre was thrilled that Ash-Greninja brike free and clearly got even stronger? Does he expect that Ash and Greninja will stay around should he suceed with his plan and be able to use their power?

Pretty sure he's just a psycho

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Best villain arc?

Best villain arc.

So many highlights.

- Alain's wake-up call
- Ash and Greninja breaking out of their binding
- Clemont putting his Gym Leader boot down
- Sycamore/Garchomp rescue
- 'Let's go save Chespie!'
- Team Rocket being heroes for the first time in a good minute
- Lysandre's backstory was kept
- They used the Xerneas/Yveltal Awakening theme!

Also, Bonnie-Zygarde synchro confirmed?

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Pretty sure he's just a psycho

It's incredible how opponents with serious strength react so strongly whenever it happens that it makes them look like they're having a huge oooooooooooooobsessive necessity to get so thrilled.

Hmm. Is Lysandre Alain's dad, by the way?

Best villain arc?

Best villain arc.

Team Galactic can't never be topped.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It's incredible how opponents with serious strength react so strongly whenever it happens that it makes them look like they're having a huge oooooooooooooobsessive necessity to get so thrilled.

Hmm. Is Lysandre Alain's dad, by the way?

Team Galactic can't never be topped.

I honestly found some parts of the Team Galactic arc forgettable. These two episodes are already memorable to me and I feel as it will remain that way considering the much darker tone it has approached. Next week's episode also looks great too imo.

CupidKirby

Great episode. I loved seeing all of Ash's Pokemon plus Alain teaming up against Lysandre. There's something great about him commanding 6 Pokemon at the same time.

I'm so happy Clemont's role as a gym leader will come into play for all of this. Bonnie's breakdown in seeing Puni-chan in addition to Serena going with Manon were great ways of getting everyone an equally strong role this arc. Glad to see the sidekicks aren't being shoved aside anymore.

Red and Blue

This is the best villain finale for me. Infinitely better than Galactic. Ash/Alain vs. Lysandre is amazing

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This arc has been great so far; I enjoyed seeing Clemont and Serena getting some important roles during this arc as well as Bonnie's role as well. Ash and Alan vs Lysandre seems like it'll be epic as well.

thiagomestres

I honestly found some parts of the Team Galactic arc forgettable. These two episodes are already memorable to me and I feel as it will remain that way considering the much darker tone it has approached. Next week's episode also looks great too imo.

Honestly, the only thing that i found memorable about TG's arc was Hunter J's storyline and she wasn't even a member of Team Galactic. Not that it was bad, but that was the only thing that stand out, the rest was pretty standart to me. I really disliked the final though, it didn't have as much action as it should've.
Anyway, i don't really like comparing arcs, especially when they are so different, like TG's and TF's.

Last edited:

diakyu

I must need to watch the Galactic finale because it didn't really have much of an impact on me.

FulgoreX

Banned
I must need to watch the Galactic finale because it didn't really have much of an impact on me.

The Galactic finale was the best villain team finale to date prior to this. Not sure why it wouldn't have much impact when TR never had a finale, Magma/Aqua was done poorly, and Plasma got ruined by the earthquake and BW2 meddling.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

While the finale may have not been as flashy as this one, that team did have a constant presence throughout the season, unlike how TF recently started to move things along...after Ash's 7th gym. And even then, they didn't appear that much and just kept getting small one-minute scenes.

Torterraaaa

Man, these episodes feel super short! I just want to watch them all in a row! Was not ready for today's to end, or last week's.

Good ep though. Loving the drama and tension.

Xuxuba

That was freaking amazing. Best villain arc for sure.
While the finale may have not been as flashy as this one, that team did have a constant presence throughout the season, unlike how TF recently started to move things along...after Ash's 7th gym. And even then, they didn't appear that much and just kept getting small one-minute scenes.

Lysandre appeared way before that though. Also, TF didn't just get brief appearences. At the beginning of the XY&Z saga they got episodes fully dedicated to them. After that, they got the brief appearences you mentioned, just to keep us informed of what they were doing which is a really good thing compared to the way TG was treated, where we would wait lots of episodes just to see them again and we had no idea what they were doing before.
Also, TF finale is a post league arc while TG finale wasn't, which means Team Flare got introduced later, but their arc will not end as soon as TG's.
The scene where Bonnie has a telepathic link with Puni-chan...damn. That hit me hard.
That hit me hard too, especially knowing that she feels as much pain as him and she is just a little girl.

Last edited:
The order of Alain's priorities is really bizarre. He can use his other Pokémon for a battle against is husbando, but not to ensure the protection of the world.

DatsRight

I agree that the series tended to be pulling a George R Martin with Flare until very recently, at least in the main anime. It does seem to be paying off finally, but alas a lot of build up was lost in favour of repetitive filler (same with the league).

From what I've seen of Galactic, it seemed a bit more underwhelming, though that might just be for the obvious reason that I watched it in dub form (though I suspect Charon may return to crash on Ash's couch for a few days :p). Not to mention the animation, while not bad, can't compare to the almost cinematic experience of XY.

Last edited: