• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shocking Zygarde VS Zygarde! The Breaking World!! (936)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Lysandre confirms Alain cheated by telling him it was the Mega Energy he collected that allowed him to defeat Greninja.

If this is true, then yo guys I knew it from the beginning. Funny enough that the majority in the XYZ38 thread shitted on this theory.

EDIT: Well then at least the episode sounds to be amazing.

Janovy

Banned
Yooooooooooooooo guys I knew it from the beginning. Funny enough that the majority in the XYZ38 thread shitted on this theory.
That is a lie. He didn't say anything about Greninja.

And the theory is still ****.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I would love to have picture of Alain collapsing down and watches as Lumoise City crumbles to the ground, realizing that this is all his fault. His goal to become the strongest, to collect Mega Evolution energy for peaceful purposes, to protect those he cares about. All exploited by a madman and left in ruins. Yup, can't imagine the trophy of his being any comfort right now.

As for the episode itself, damn that was freaking great... This puts any battle in XY&Z to shame. Even the Mega Charizard X vs Ash-Greninja fight. Everything matters here. The tension, the weight, the drama, and revelation. They managed to explain why Lysandre decides to destroy the world and based on what I've seen, it's virtually the same as the games. Originally helping people in need before becoming overwhelmed and finally goes to misanthrope extremes.

I can go on about this forever, but let's cut to the chase.

This is the Pokémon movie in TV format. Or rather, a TV arc in movie format. And this officially makes Team Flare the best villain arc ever made in the anime, surpassing even Team Galactic in my opinion in terms of the stakes, characters, origins, and how everything all comes together.

FulgoreX

Banned
A great villain team arc but at the expense of a short/rushed league with an anti-climatic ending. I still can't help but be a little sad.

Also Noviern and Goodra get some good battle screentime this ep, for those who feel they weren't handled well in the league.

DatsRight

One thing though, are Manon, Serena and TR genuinely just going after Chespie out of worry. If so it seems like they're stuck with the dud plot while everyone else is saving Kalos itself.

Janovy

Banned
One thing though, are Manon, Serena and TR genuinely just going after Chespie out of worry. If so it seems like they're stuck with the dud plot while everyone else is saving Kalos itself.
Reminder that other two admins are at Lysandre labs.

Anyway:

That was an incredible episode.

Things I liked:

- Clemont kicking *** and all of his Pokemon getting to contribute.

- Alain’s breakdown after Lysandre tells him all of the Mega Evolution energy he connected was used for their evil schemes.

- Ash’s (admittedly badass) speech where he pretty much states that he likes the world and its people/Pokemon as they are now (as a response to Lysandre desire to reset the world back to zero) which leads to another badass Ash-Greninja transformation.

- Ash understanding Alain’s circumstances, telling him that past doesn’t matter and helping him snap out of it.

- Alain quickly joining forces with Ash after that and freeing the rest of his team.

- Serena acting on her own initiative and deciding to go save Hari-san for Manon’s sake.

- Ash using his entire team to battle Lysandre’s Pokemon including Goodra and Noivern, yay!!

- Lysandre actually getting a flashback to his past. I assume it was of the time when he was still trying to help people before he realized they were selfish and stuff.

- Team Rocket still doing some incredible reporting.

Things I disliked:

- No Serena battling in this episode. :(

Holy157

Ok. I saw that transformation. What. What was that?! Ash being inside the veil was dope. I do 100% believe Ash and Alain will battle again, making it the 4th and last time, since Ash and Greninja seem to be at their strongest yet. Gotta wonder what their limit is.

But, finally we get Ash and Alain working together, using Ash-Greninja and Zard-X (+plus the rest). Really hoping to see Steven join them.

Did we get anything on Malva?

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I can't help but feel sorry for Ash's Goodra. Recalled to join Ash for the Lumiose Conference semi-finals and finals, only to get a draw and a loss. And got involved in the Team Flare fiasco.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Anyone disappointed by Pyroar? The Pokemon closest to Lysandre got knocked out fairly easily. I remember when he interrupted Steven's Mega Metagross and Mega Charizard duking it out, thinking it'd be a powerhouse.

DatsRight

I can't help but feel sorry for Ash's Goodra. Recalled to join Ash for the Lumiose Conference semi-finals and finals, only to get a draw and a loss. And got involved in the Team Flare fiasco.

Oh well, at least he's seemingly getting a big moment within the Team Flare fiasco to make up for the league.

Seriously though, Goodra's whole life was a trauma conga anyway. It's nothing short of a miracle he's stayed so happy and innocent (seriously every evolved Pokemon is stoic and serious EXCEPT him).

Last edited:

Tootheorist

Anyone disappointed by Pyroar? The Pokemon closest to Lysandre got knocked out fairly easily. I remember when he interrupted Steven's Mega Metagross and Mega Charizard duking it out, thinking it'd be a powerhouse.

It can't megaevolve. The true star of Lys' Pokemon is MegaGyarados.

PAndrews

Fairly easy? Didn't it basically take almost ALL of Ash's pokemon tagteaming him before it got knocked out, it took on everyone but Talonflame including knocking Ash-Greninja away.

I'm more surprised at how weak Charizard suddenly appears (making the possiblity of it being doped by the energy possible) in this fight, it tanked and plowed through everything at the League, now gets slapped aside by one attack from Gyarados and doesn't come back for more. Or we get a reveal that this Gyarados is just that ridiculously overpowered or Charizards defence took a dive since the plot no longer requires it to be semi-invincible.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It can't megaevolve. The true star of Lys' Pokemon is MegaGyarados.

Pretty much but we've haven't seen Lysandre's Gyarados prior to this episode but the Mega Evolution could suggest his strong bond with Gyarados.

Last edited:

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
The episode is so freaking good! Seriously, how is this even still a kids' show? It has become pretty solid in the plot department, and it's pretty apparent that they are not wasting anything to keep the direction going and the intensity peaking.

What was that thing with Eureka, though? She kinda felt Puni-chan's everything.

If any episode deserves a 10/10 it'a this one. The pacing, the atmosphere everything was just great! I can't wait for the subs to come out to understand everything! I especially love how everyone got a little screen time and their own role to play, and seeing all those tag battles was awesome (I wish the series had more of them). My favourite part is when those two admins got tied up by Clembot, they've always irritated me and it's great to see them get their comeuppance. I hope Serena and the others manage to beat the last two.

I'm so hyped up for the next episode! It can't come fast enough!

Janovy

Banned
Oh, I also want to add:

This episode did NOT confirm Alain was cheating.

This episode did NOT confirm that the Mega Evolution energy was powering up Charizard. Lysandre said no such thing.

I can't believe this actually has to be said since people are spreading the rumor of Lysandre confirming that Alain cheated. Ugh.

Holy157

That Gyarados seems to approach Steven's Metagross level of strength. That's hard to beat.

Or they just beat Zard into a pulp with the nerfbat.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Fairly easy? Didn't it basically take almost ALL of Ash's pokemon tagteaming him before it got knocked out, it took on everyone but Talonflame including knocking Ash-Greninja away.

I'm more surprised at how weak Charizard suddenly appears (making the possiblity of it being doped by the energy possible) in this fight, it tanked and plowed through everything at the League, now gets slapped aside by one attack from Gyarados and doesn't come back for more. Or we get a reveal that this Gyarados is just that ridiculously overpowered or Charizards defence took a dive since the plot no longer requires it to be semi-invincible.

It's a Mega Gyarados ffs. Of course it's going to be overpowered. I don't know what attack it was, but it sure is going to sting. The point of the battle was to show most of Ash's team battling, not just Ash-Greninja and MC-X, so that would explain why it only got 1-2 shots in. The battle also isn't over yet. Mega Gyarados is still standing.

The episode is so freaking good! Seriously, how is this even still a kids' show? It has become pretty solid in the plot department, and it's pretty apparent that they are not wasting anything to keep the direction going and the intensity peaking.

What was that thing with Eureka, though? She kinda felt Puni-chan's everything.

This. Even the throwaway moments like the Secondary Group talking to Diantha about wanting to help just makes this seem like an actual threat and broader then just a confined conflict atop the tower. This thing is huge and everybody needs to step up in order to get this under wraps. I'm still hoping that we'll see Korrina and a few other gym leaders to come aid the city in need. It would be odd for them to sit idly by.

If any episode deserves a 10/10 it'a this one. The pacing, the atmosphere everything was just great! I can't wait for the subs to come out to understand everything! I especially love how everyone got a little screen time and their own role to play, and seeing all those tag battles was awesome (I wish the series had more of them). My favourite part is when those two admins got tied up by Clembot, they've always irritated me and it's great to see them get their comeuppance. I hope Serena and the others manage to beat the last two.

I'm so hyped up for the next episode! It can't come fast enough!

I still can't believe that this arc isn't even close to ending yet. I'm pretty sure the hour long special will feature something dramatic, but I'm not sure if it will be the end of this arc. It might be that the Greninja-broadcast data episode could be the end, but that would mean a six episode arc. Oh hell, I don't know if my body can take an hour of this kind of intensity! :O

They should put these 5-6 episodes on a dvd and it would sell like mad. I'd buy it.

Oh, I also want to add:

This episode did NOT confirm Alain was cheating.

This episode did NOT confirm that the Mega Evolution energy was powering up Charizard. Lysandre said no such thing.

I can't believe this actually has to be said since people are spreading the rumor of Lysandre confirming that Alain cheated. Ugh.

Not a rumor, a lie.

Grey Wind

They're really going all out with this arc, this episode was really fantastic. I love that they manage to juggle so many characters and manage to give everyone some meaningful screen time. It's great seeing Ash's entire team battle Lysandre and Saywer and the other three helping out Diantha. I'm really excited for the final three episodes.