• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shocking Zygarde VS Zygarde! The Breaking World!! (936)

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
I don't think I understood enough, but just one more time, is it true that Lysandre helped Alain cheat to win?

/s

Not yet for real. Only a certain moment leading to more assumptions.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
I don't think I understood enough, but just one more time, is it true that Lysandre helped Alain cheat to win?

/s

No, it's not. All that happened was that the Mega Evolution energy Alain collected was used to control Zygarde, not save Mairin's Chespin. Alain realizing that was probably one of the series' best moments, and Ash supporting him despite his mistakes and betrayal shows that he can anyone in a good light, even Lysandre as he monologues about Team Flare's creation and his dreams.

The Mega Evolution energy didn't power up any of Alain's Pokemon.
I know. I'm just screwing around with the fact of how unrealistic is that the other Pokémon Alain owns are all pretty capable, considering how Charizard is the only Pokémon that gets out of his Poké Ball.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I'm confused, you say you thought the episode was pretty good but then you simply list the things that annoyed you?

I only said the things that annoyed me. I felt like it would be a waste of time to note the positives when you could look at the other posts for that. I have yet to see anyone else that actually have something negative to say about this episode.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
So finally watched the episode.

These two episodes alone are as epic as the three parter Galactic final. And we aren't even halfway through it. Excited to see more

Review:

+ Good animation! Definitely one of the best animated XY episodes.
+Alain in this episode. Finally turning sides after Lysandre told him about the whole plane.
+Bonnie's moment in this episode. Her worry for Squishy was good shown.
+Lysandre and his past. Want more flashbacks in the next episodes. I like him now even more. Also that Dr.Octagonapus can let him fly. Finally they shown us what that thing can do.
+Clemont battle against the scientist. Full party battled in this episode.
+Perfect pacing. Everything wasn't rushed or had take too much time.
+Destroyed Lumiose City with that red dusk light looks awesome and perfectly fits to the whole "destroying the world" plan.
+Ash's speech to Alain and Lysandre. Showing more mature on Ash's side.
+Greninja's transformation to break those handcuffs was a great and badass idea.
+Top music

-The STT gang together with Sawyer only got a brief appearance. Wanted them to be more active.

Fantastic second episode

9.5/10

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Great episode.

I'm hoping we get a good Malva fight in the next couple of episodes, maybe against Diantha.
It'd be pretty surprising if she sides with Team Flare at this point. All indications are that while she seemed to approve of some of his intentions she didn't think Lysandre was going to go this far.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Huh. Weird. This actually seems like a worthwhile episode to watch. Though I'm cynical and I know somehow the last moments of the arc will screw it up somehow...

Still, by itself, this episode is nice.

Too bad Serena still suffers from late-action syndrome, as always...

dp045

Huh. Weird. This actually seems like a worthwhile episode to watch. Though I'm cynical and I know somehow the last moments of the arc will screw it up somehow...

Still, by itself, this episode is nice.

Too bad Serena still suffers from late-action syndrome, as always...

You're not the only one, I also think that can ruin the end of this arc but hey, so discussed to have been a good episode. It would be nice to no longer discuss whether or not cheated on vicotria MC X but can not be avoided, it was so mismanaged that battle that this will be further discussed throughout the entire arc.

PD: Seriously Serena still not do anything until the next episode? I just hope that Steven not overshadow their participation.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
At least it's nice to have some positive air come out after what happened. That doesn't mean we can just forget about the train-wreck and forgive the writers, but they received enough beating already for now. I'm still predicting that this arc will trip on its own shoelace near the end and become an utter embarrassment, but we will see.

P.S There is still more dislikes than likes for the next preview, which is crazy.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Why do I get the DB vibe on A-Greninja? The more they fight, the more stronger they become! It almost feels like A-Greninja's potential is unlimited.

Well it isn't unbeatable, at least. But, I'm the last person to complain about broken protagonists, so...

Maybe it's only me, but bothers me when the villain keeps his cold and doesn't even flinch in front an "obstacle". Lisandre was too happy about Ash and Greninja freeing themselves and unnervingly calm. It's probably too much for Pokemon, but I hope see himm snap badly at the arc's final.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
At least Alain got off the neutral train like he should have a week ago, Mega Gyarados OP? Sycamore gotta get in one last hurrah before Steven cleans house I see.

At least it's nice to have some positive air come out after what happened. That doesn't mean we can just forget about the train-wreck and forgive the writers, but they received enough beating already for now. I'm still predicting that this arc will trip on its own shoelace near the end and become an utter embarrassment, but we will see.

P.S There is still more dislikes than likes for the next preview, which is crazy.

It's been 2 weeks, it's time to move on people. You're actually helping that channel with the dislike storm lol.

diakyu

The ending felt a bit like a very specific part of Fullmetal Alchemist. Very good episode once again. So the ending is likely the megalith transforming into the rock Zygarde and next episode will get Clemont and Serena's parts out of the way before the big two parter finale where Rock Zygarde faces Perfect Zygarde.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
A
It's been 2 weeks, it's time to move on people. You're actually helping that channel with the dislike storm lol.

At first it was funny, then it got obnoxious, but now it's amusing again. At this point I just want to see how much longer this will last.

Kirby4ever

There is still more dislikes than likes for the next preview, which is crazy.
Just ignore those people, they're just pressing the dislike button because Ash lost the league and got into second place, and are still salty about it. For all we know, they're may not be watching the Team Flare arc. We don't know what's going on in people's minds, so let's just move on.

Let's get back on topic before it strays off topic. The episode looks amazing, and it feels like you're watching the movie with a lot of suspense going on! Everyone is doing their part to try to stop Team Flare and safe Kalos. How did Bonnie get off the building to run after Puni-chan after Puni-chan gets captured by Team Flare?

XxlapsxX

Wait...what did i miss, Greninja unlimiten potential? ok, he seemed pretty badass destroying those handcuffs, but it wasn't something particularly special or stronger than we've already seen.

Hanto

Water Addiction
I have a strange feeling that Malva eventually betrays Lysandre

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
How did Alain get up to where Ash was that fast?

Also nearly died laughing when someone on a video quoted how Ash stated back in the beginning that the league rules say only 1 at a time, and here he is going gangster style on Lysandre.

I have a strange feeling that Malva eventually betrays Lysandre

Given her reactions last week I don't think she expected him to go this far, so something is probably going to happen.