• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Shocking Zygarde VS Zygarde! The Breaking World!! (936)

Rapiido

Near the end of the episode I had to stop and think "Wait. This is Pokemon".
Where has all this been the last 20 years

Opal Pikachu13

Great episode. Wasn't long for Ash and his team to break out of those cuffs. Alain quickly sided with Ash too, after finding out that Lysandre just used him to gather Mega Evolution Energy to control Zygarde, not to save Chespie. Good to see all of Ash's team battle Lysandre, even Noivern and Goodra. Also seeing Clemont, Sycamore, and Clembot fight Team Flare was good too. Serena didn't battle, but she is going with Mairin, Sycamore, and even Team Rocket, to go save Chespie. Bonnie seems to feel what Squishy feels now, I'm sure she'll be the one to break Squishy from Team Flare's control. Can't wait til next week's episode.

Holy157

Gotta wonder if Malva will join up with say Alain, since she's been MIA for so long. Ash-Greninja, Zard-X, M-Metagross and M-Houndoom. The dream.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Decided to watch this episode. I'm going to take my bias cap off for one post. It was cool to see Ash and his entire team face off against Lysandre. True it doesn't have the same impact to me that a potential Ash vs Giovanni face off could have had, but that ship seems to have sailed and BW apparently did have them meet or something. Still it was a cool moment to see Ash battled evil team leader Lysandre. Do I expect this to happen every season from now on? No, only if the story calls for it. Alan vs Lysandre has been built up much more, but I'll admit seeing Ash there too is nice, despite how I feel about the character. No complaints on how Ash was used here. Good job writers. Ash feels like a legit hero.

Team Clemont wrecking those Team Flare ladies tickled me. Bunnelby and Chespin working together was great. Luxray who I never have anything good to say about was pretty cool here to. Doesn't make up for it's lackluster run all region but it's something I can fondly look back on. For once in the entire series Clemont actually felt like a powerful trainer. This has to be the biggest moment a male sidekick has ever gotten. Great on Clemont. Blaziken Mask's moment with Bonnie was sweet, since it's her dad and all. I really hope Bonnie plays a role in Zygarde's battle. Diantha's appearance was meh, The Kalos rivals are here but don't do much of anything, Serena is totally overshadowed by her other sidekicks and is going to help Manon to actually try and look important. So other then those things this was a good episode...by XY's standards.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Anyone have an idea on what Lysandre was saying in what I think was a flashback with all the Scientists in a ruined city?

Holy157

Does anyone know enough Japanese to know why Lysandre was thrilled that Ash-Greninja brike free and clearly got even stronger? Does he expect that Ash and Greninja will stay around should he suceed with his plan and be able to use their power?

DatsRight

Got round to watching it. Decent episode, not sure about Alain just standing there while Ash is zapped (had to rescue himself). Lysandre spends most of the escape stoic (or outright smiling), suggesting this may be little more than a power test gambit.

I liked Serena was fueled to help Maron just by remembering her upset over Chespin. Very empathetic moment.

Out of curiosity what are Team Rocket whispering to themselves about? Have they their own scheme?

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review:

[IMG300]http://i.imgur.com/HCvtTzf.gif[/IMG300]

Pros:

* "Zettai Akiramenai!" Based OP is based

* Feral Zygarde sounds

* Flare duo doing work holding off Clemont's entire team

* Serena helping Manon; TR flying the choppa

* Emotional reaction by Alain

* Lysandre is out of his mind

* Topu Koku, did Clemont just KO those Flare operative en route to the door...?

* Blaziken Mask's moment with his daughter

* Doomsday red sky

Cons:

* Yo Alain, you have more than 1 Pokémon...

* I was kind of hoping for an actual clash between Darth Alain and Ash like in the OP, but what actually happened was fine too

Not much to say other than they're giving a meaningful effort to show a tense and proper villainous team finale. Everyone getting involved is nice. Animation and music were on point. Should be a good one next week as well.

8.5/10

Markerz

They only exist when he is forced to participate in leagues he never considered worth the time until he found his crush on a boy.

Alain's got quite the variety of choices: Sycamore, Steven & Ash. Might as well toss Sawyer in too, he comes pre-packaged with Ash. This is the fuel of fanfiction, no doubt.

---

The Bonnie-Zygarde connection was what interested me the most. If she can sense Squishy and then seemingly sense Squishy's pain, I'm curious how much parallel this will have with Ash-Greninja.

pokefandt

Mal's Review:

* I was kind of hoping for an actual clash between Darth Alain and Ash like in the OP, but what actually happened was fine too

Yeah I was kinda hoping for that too, not for any "Revenge for the league loss" nonsense, but because Alain was working with TF for awhile and I honestly thought the anime was setting that up to happen.

Like Ash could be all like Obi-Wan and try to get Alain to listen to reason and Alain's all like "I have to do this to save Manon!"

Also a great episode, pretty much everything everyone has already said. Also I love that they used the theme to Xerneas/Yveltal hatching for the scene where Gyarados and Charizard Mega Evolve.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah I was kinda hoping for that too, not for any "Revenge for the league loss" nonsense, but because Alain was working with TF for awhile and I honestly thought the anime was setting that up to happen.

Like Ash could be all like Obi-Wan and try to get Alain to listen to reason and Alain's all like "I have to do this to save Manon!"

Also a great episode, pretty much everything everyone has already said. Also I love that they used the theme to Xerneas/Yveltal hatching for the scene where Gyarados and Charizard Mega Evolve.

It would have been great if something like that happened. Oh well, maybe they'll have a friendly battle after the end of the arc.

pokefandt

It would have been great if something like that happened. Oh well, maybe they'll have a friendly battle after the end of the arc.

It wouldn't be the same I feel. Between the league final or a potential hero vs anti-hero battle, something like that wouldn't have the necessary impact you know?

Alain: Fudge continuity.

Not even what happened two episodes ago is enough for consistency.

I'm honestly unsurprised Alain's not using other Pokemon. Its always been the Mega Zard show for the guy. Though the writers would have had a hard time trying to animate all those Pokemon fighting at one time.

But there's still a bit of time, we still have the Citron forever episode and the two parter so hey maybe the rest of the team will pop up. Plus it might make Lysandre use the rest of his team if he has them like in the games.

Sprinter1988

Why would a Gyarados know Stone Edge? I know it's the Anime, but I just looked around for the more competitive stuff with no mention of Stone Edge. Yeah, it's a strong move, but against what would Gyarados need it? Also, that thing is really strong.

How about specifically to deal with Alain's Charizard should Alain decide to switch sides? Because of its dragon typing, Mega Charizard X actually takes normal damage from water type attacks, but still takes super effective damage from rock type attacks.

Also, why are you picking out Stone Edge? Did you not notice the usage of Incinerate??

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The episode was pretty good, there's some intense stuff going on..

On a side note, I love how the "who's that Pokemon" thing included Charizard and Infernape alongside Greninja. It felt like a little throwback to Ash's other special starters..