• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sims Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangaeyes

Yay I'm the winner I feel so unsatisfied!

New topic: Favourite Sims game other than the main pc games (including Sim City)
The Urbz for GBA. It was so cool! I was the most awesome Artsie ever. I sadly lost it when I lost my DS in a hotel room...at least I got a new DS Lite though ^^

What do you think of my Lady Gaga Sim? I tried to show her groteque, hideousness...did I capture it?

gaga-1.png

Last edited:

Crasher

Favourite Sims game other than the main pc games (including Sim City)?

The Urbz: Sims in the City. AWESOME FOR XBOX!

Sorry for inactivity.

Sims 3 owners and non-owners read!

Expansion pack has been announced for the Sims 3, and it's a vacation EP called World Adventures and will take you to Egypt, China and France! Look it up on wikipedia.

Nice Lady Gaga.

AceTrainerTim

Sims 3 owners and non-owners read!

Expansion pack has been announced for the Sims 3, and it's a vacation EP called World Adventures and will take you to Egypt, China and France! Look it up on wikipedia.

Nice Lady Gaga.

Another Bon Voyage -.- Nice... Seasons + pets would be better... or even Neighbourhood creator...

Is Lady Gaga that... umm bla... tanned?

Crasher

I'd be happy with Seasons, Makin' Magic, Superstar and Open for Business (Or at least Servos).

Heh, I thought she was tanned. Now you say it, she has got the wrong skin colour. And why does she have a swimming costume on?

I saw someone who looked like Lady Gaga while I was on holiday.

mangaeyes

Shes wearing a swimming costume because it was the wierdest and most ****ty outfit I could think off.

I tried to show her orangey skintone but the picture went really dark for some reason.

AceTrainerTim, saying black isn't offensive.

Yep a new EP. Well we all knew that it would happen before the end of this year...I mean its The Sims. Sadly they're trying Vacations/Bon Voyage again and I really hope they make it better than the others. I would have preffered Seasons or Pets to add some realisticness to the already realistic Sims 3. I hope they don't do Makin' Magic or Superstar or anything too out-there...

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
I hope they don't do Makin' Magic or Superstar or anything too out-there...

The 'out-there'-ness is what makes the series though. Although, what's so 'out there' about Superstar? I've never played that one, so I don't know. Do tell.

I'd rather they didn't remake all te old EP's again. How about they actually make an original EP for once?

mangaeyes

The 'out-there'-ness is what makes the series though. Although, what's so 'out there' about Superstar? I've never played that one, so I don't know. Do tell.

I'd rather they didn't remake all te old EP's again. How about they actually make an original EP for once?

Well you basically went to this Superstar neighbourhood with a few Charisma and Creativity points and then became a celebrity. I didn't really like it to be honest.

Seasons, Freetime, Open For Business, University and Apartment Life were all original EP's for The Sims 2 so I'm guessing there will be a few original EP's for The Sims 3 right?

AceTrainerTim

Yeah maybe a original EP could be about Agriculture, ey Manga? Lol Unless they already did that.

like Honsy, I don't know much about the Sims 1's EPs so what is Makin' Magic about.. to lazy atm to Wiki it.

mangaeyes

Yeah maybe a original EP could be about Agriculture, ey Manga? Lol Unless they already did that.

like Honsy, I don't know much about the Sims 1's EPs so what is Makin' Magic about.. to lazy atm to Wiki it.

Riverview is an agricultural area. I found a pigs tooth there.

Makin' Magic was an extremely far fetched idea where Sims used magic and went to magic town and had zombie maids which would scare living maids. It suited The Sims 1 series and briefly returned in The Sims 2 series in AL which wasn't too bad (what with Vampires and Werewolves etc.) but I think The Sims 3 needs to stay away from these sorts of EP's in my opinion.
I'd really like to see pets and seasons. At least the World Adventures thing will have new traits and new skills!

mangaeyes

Riverview is an agricultural area. I found a pigs tooth there.

Makin' Magic was an extremely far fetched idea where Sims used magic and went to magic town and had zombie maids which would scare living maids. It suited The Sims 1 series and briefly returned in The Sims 2 series in AL which wasn't too bad (what with Vampires and Werewolves etc.) but I think The Sims 3 needs to stay away from these sorts of EP's in my opinion.
I'd really like to see pets and seasons. At least the World Adventures thing will have new traits and new skills!

Also guys please stay active as there is to be quite a few changes to the clubs section to make it more exciting so hopefully this place won't be so dead. Check out this thread for more.

AceTrainerTim

Whats so wrong with magic, although who would want zombie maids, they'll leave dead flesh everywhere, therefore clean more which means more money out of your pockets.

mangaeyes

Whats so wrong with magic, although who would want zombie maids, they'll leave dead flesh everywhere, therefore clean more which means more money out of your pockets.

Nothing I just think its a little too much for the realisticness of The Sims 3. Makin' Magic was extremely popular though and they brought it back in AL briefly so I wouldn't be surprised if they brought it back in The Sims 3. I just don't want it to turn into World of Warcraft or something...

AceTrainerTim

I just don't want it to turn into World of Warcraft or something...
I do. xP

Now, I want to know if this will run the Sims 3 before I get it. (Wee New Laptop) :)
HP Pavilion DV6-1130tx Laptop/Notebook
PROCESSOR - Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology featuring Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P7450 (2.13GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
CHIPSET - Intel® PM45
MEMORY - 4096MB DDR2 (2 Dimms)
HDD - 500GB 5400RPM
PANEL - 16" WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display
OPTICAL - LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±RW with Double Layer Support
GRAPHICS - ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4650 with 1GB graphics
AUDIO - Altec Lansing speakers
O/S - Vista Premium

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
^ Yeah, that'll easily run the sims. Just make sure that the video card supports Pixel Shader 2.0 though.

Nothing I just think its a little too much for the realisticness of The Sims 3.

Well, the Sims was never a series for realism...

mangaeyes

Well, the Sims was never a series for realism...

True but I think each game has become slightly more realistic than the last and I just really don't think Magic would fit into the Sims 3 (even with ghosts ^_^)

On another note, anybody else shocked/irritated how EA seem to be giant money-grabbers these days? The new Sims 3 EP will be the SAME price as the base game...wtf?! Usually there about half the price or somewhere in that region but not the SAME price!!! Plus before with the Sims 2 (and I think TS1) you could simply download whatever you wanted from there website and it would be no problem - now you have to BUY Sim Points to buy the clothes or hair or whatever.

It just seems its become less about the game and more about the money which it never really felt like before in my opinion. Maybe its because it was a different team that worked on The Sims 3?

AceTrainerTim

True but I think each game has become slightly more realistic than the last and I just really don't think Magic would fit into the Sims 3 (even with ghosts ^_^)

On another note, anybody else shocked/irritated how EA seem to be giant money-grabbers these days? The new Sims 3 EP will be the SAME price as the base game...wtf?! Usually there about half the price or somewhere in that region but not the SAME price!!! Plus before with the Sims 2 (and I think TS1) you could simply download whatever you wanted from there website and it would be no problem - now you have to BUY Sim Points to buy the clothes or hair or whatever.

It just seems its become less about the game and more about the money which it never really felt like before in my opinion. Maybe its because it was a different team that worked on The Sims 3?

EA's just making bad for themselves, because if the expansion are as expensive it will make more people illegally download the games rather than buying them.

Also, whats this "Sims 3 Helper Monkey" I've seen it some where but what is it... I know its something about downloading...

Honsy said:
Yeah, that'll easily run the sims. Just make sure that the video card supports Pixel Shader 2.0 though.

Yay, the video card supports Pixel Shader 4.1... acording to Wikipedia... So it should work XD.. Still want Seasons and Pets.. They could just do an expansion pack with pets, seasons and freetime all in one! lol. Although that won't happen. See on how EA's going they make them come out separate (if they come out at all) so they get more profits, unless people download it instead.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
This is still going?

Yay, the video card supports Pixel Shader 4.1... acording to Wikipedia... So it should work XD.. Still want Seasons and Pets.. They could just do an expansion pack with pets, seasons and freetime all in one! lol. Although that won't happen. See on how EA's going they make them come out separate (if they come out at all) so they get more profits, unless people download it instead.

Well, that's EA's way. They basically just re-release everything. I am sort of hoping that they make some original ideas, but...it's EA. It's not gonna happen.

For extra content, here's the Sim I've been playing recently: [No picture. Can't be bothered.]
(I lie, I haven't played for ages. But this is my main Sim)

Aaron (Last name withheld) {It's me.}
Traits:
- Insane
- Computer Whiz
- Friendly
- Good Sense of Humour
- Inappropiate

AceTrainerTim

Hi Peoples. xDD

Well, I've two questions about Sims Castaway Stories on PC.

First one is...

Can you get a Jaguar as a pet. It mentions it alot about being a pet, but so far I haven't seen any, apart from the one in the main story line.

And secondly...

Is there any Custom Content in this game.

Crasher

Erm... I'm pretty sure you can't. I played through it and theres a bit at the end where there's no more missions and you can do what you want, so possibly there.

And no, I don't think so.

I apolgise for inactivity.

@ Honsy: That's basically me but without the innapropriate trait.

Status
Not open for further replies.