• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Singles Rate Thread [READ THE FIRST POST + FOLLOW THE FORMAT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Emboar @ Life Orb
• Blaze
- Nitro Charge
- Flamethrower
- Wild Charge
- Hammer Arm

It's for White , so no BW2 Tutor's. BW2 hasn't been released here in Canada.

chap196

Samurott @ Life Orb
• Torrent
• Lonely
• 74 Attack/ 178 Special Attack/ 252 HP
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower/Return

Edit: Change Samurott Nature to Lonely. Change Samurott EVs to 74 Attack/ 178 Special Attack/ 252 HP and I replace Megahorn/X-Scissor with Aqua Jet for a good Speed Priority move.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Samurott @ Life Orb
• Torrent
Lonely
74 Attack/ 178 Special Attack/ 252 Speed or HP
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower/Return

Aqua Jet is good as a move since with STAB it hits 60 BP. 60 BP + Priority is nice. You're more likely to use Scald to Burn the opponent or beat Fire Types , so dump more EV's into Special Attack. Lonely helps fix the Attack EV's drop. And don't bother with Speed EV's ; Samurott has poor Speed anyway. Max HP for some Bulk.

Comments in Bold.

Aurath8

Emboar @ Life Orb
• Blaze
- Nitro Charge
- Flamethrower
- Wild Charge
- Hammer Arm

It's for White , so no BW2 Tutor's. BW2 hasn't been released here in Canada.

Implying Emboar got anything useful through Move tutors. It got Fire/ThunderPunch(which have arguably better alternatives) and...Superpower without breeding? Anyway, the moveset is fine but Nitro Charge has been Flame Charge for 18 months now.

And no Flygon moveset. Wat.

Flygon @ Life Orb
• Levitate
• Jolly / Naive / Hasty
• 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Dragon claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch/Fire blast
- Roost/U-turn

Dragon move+Earthquake hits everyone for everything. I prefer Fire Blast since it's actually slightly more powerful than Fire Punch with a Life Orb but with any other item Fire Punch is stronger.
There's also Stone Edge, but a Fire move hits Ice types more accurately, deals with Steels who don't get KO'd by Earthquake and hits Bug and Grass types, who just so happen to also resist Earthquake as well.
The last slot honestly doesn't matter unless you actually use a Life Orb, because 3 attacks+recovery with a Life Orb is the sh*t. I use that kind of Flygon in competitive, and it just refuses to get KO'd.

I am surprised we don't have a moveset for this guy yet, since it feels like everyone and their mother is using this guy for BW2.

Star Champion AJ

Flygon @ Life Orb
• Levitate
• Jolly / Naive / Hasty
• 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Dragon claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch/Fire blast
- Roost/U-turn

Dragon move+Earthquake hits everyone for everything. I prefer Fire Blast since it's actually slightly more powerful than Fire Punch with a Life Orb but with any other item Fire Punch is stronger.
There's also Stone Edge, but a Fire move hits Ice types more accurately, deals with Steels who don't get KO'd by Earthquake and hits Bug and Grass types, who just so happen to also resist Earthquake as well.
The last slot honestly doesn't matter unless you actually use a Life Orb, because 3 attacks+recovery with a Life Orb is the sh*t. I use that kind of Flygon in competitive, and it just refuses to get KO'd.

I am surprised we don't have a moveset for this guy yet, since it feels like everyone and their mother is using this guy for BW2.

I was surprised since I post a similar moveset recently (nearly a month and a half) in the older thread...
Flygon@Life Orb
• Levitate
• Adamant
• 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Dragon claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Roost

And that's right, I'll use Flygon in BW2! It's my favourite Pokémon and appears in Unova Pokédex, so why not training one?

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
  • Galvantula gets Giga Drain via BW2 tutor, so use that>Energy Ball. May as well slap the Life Orb on it. Giga Drain could also be used as an alternative to HP[Ground] on Volcarona.
  • Stone Edge is a possibilty>Return on Gyara for those QuakeEdge users.
  • NP Honchkrow could slash in Superpower>HP Fighting for wallbreaking. Besides, Superpower isn't hindered by the rest of it's moveset too badly. It'd require a shift of EVs/Natures, but eh.
  • Lilligant still has Butterfly Dance as oppsoed to Quiver Dance.
  • Slash in Earthquake alongside Fire Punch on Miltank. Sure, you miss out of Levitating Steels, but there are so few and Earthquake also lets Miltank hit Rocks.
  • Starmie has 252Atk EVs as opposed to SATK EVs

Now, about Hidden Power. First off, the thread is using both 'HP Type' and 'Hidden Power [Type]' formats. This should be unified into a single format for consistancy's sake. But more importantly, I think that Hidden Power should be only used as an alternative. This is ingame, and most players won't have the patience or knowledge on breeding for Hidden Power which really defeats the point of listing sets that the average ingame player is able to use. It may just be me, but that's what I think.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Implying Emboar got anything useful through Move tutors. It got Fire/ThunderPunch(which have arguably better alternatives) and...Superpower without breeding? Anyway, the moveset is fine but Nitro Charge has been Flame Charge for 18 months now.

Flygon @ Life Orb
• Levitate
• Jolly / Naive / Hasty
• 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Dragon claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch/Fire blast
- Roost/U-turn

I don't care much.

If I get access to BW2 I'll try to get them. But really with a Base Speed of 65 Hammer Arm will prove better imo.

Why not a MixedGon too?

Flygon @ Life Orb
• Levitate
• Naive
• 252 Speed / 178 Sp.Atk / 74 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Roost / Rock Slide

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Flygon @ Choice Specs
• Levitate
• Timid
• 4HP / 252SpA / 252Spe
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Yes, this is a Special Flygon. Not the best set to use, but it's fun, so why not? x)

I'm questioning Specs. LO would be nicer but you'd slaughter yourself at the same time. DM might be better to help deal a little more damage. I say White Herb if you run DM though.

I think the format is fine as it is , but I don't have a Mac so I have to copy-paste like others.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Hmm, I looked at the index and didn't see anything for Lapras, so I might as well give it a shot.

It's a set that's best used only in rain. Dances circles around anything and everything that likes to run stall with status.

Lapras & Leftovers.

Jolly / Hydration

252 Att, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Waterfall
Ice Shard
Rest
Dragon Dance

This set is simple. Get rain set up with another Pokemon, and when they're either down or you think it's time to switch, bring in this thing. One D-Dance lets you outspeed plenty of things, so you can either Rest off the damage or start hammering away at the opposition.

Even though this thing can survive a harsh blow, it's never safe to bring it up against something that will deliver its own share of pain, unless you're confident of taking them out before you take them out.

A team based on this Lapras set netted me a peak of 1386 points on PO, before BW2 came out. I'm not certain if it's effective in the new metagame, but even so, it's great for anti-stall if rain is the dominant weather there.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I think that Dragonite could also use a Mixed set , think we need one.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
• Multiscale
• Naive
• 252 Speed / 178 Sp.Atk / 44 Atk / 36 HP
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Earthquake / Dragon Claw

So yeah. LO + healing is pretty standard. HP EV's provide you a little bulk. DM is STAB , Fire Blast hits Ice Types who can usually OHKO you. Earthquake hits Steel Types and provides a nifty combo with the other two moves.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Sorry for the delay, but I've finally updated the first post with all the movesets that have been posted here lately, and with some help from Shine all the sets have now been converted to the new format:

Pokemon @ Item
Ability
Nature
EVs
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

Furthermore, regarding Hidden Power:
- the format for Hidden Power will be Hidden Power [Type], not HP Type or HP [Type] or Hidden Power Type.

But more importantly, I think that Hidden Power should be only used as an alternative. This is ingame, and most players won't have the patience or knowledge on breeding for Hidden Power which really defeats the point of listing sets that the average ingame player is able to use. It may just be me, but that's what I think.

And I completely agree with this. So I've made a few changes here and there where Hidden Power was listed as a 'definite' move by slashing an alternative, and I'll be doing that for all of the sets where Hidden Power isn't listed as just an alternative, but please by all means help me out with that by giving me suggestions ^^

And we were also lacking a Shell Smash Carracosta set. I haven't added it into the OP yet but:

Carracosta @ White Herb
Sturdy
Adamant / Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Carracosta @ White Herb
Sturdy
Hasty / Naive
252 Spe / 56 Atk / 200 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam / Focus Blast

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Sorry for the delay, but I've finally updated the first post with all the movesets that have been posted here lately, and with some help from Shine all the sets have now been converted to the new format:

Pokemon @ Item
Ability
Nature
EVs
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

Furthermore, regarding Hidden Power:
- the format for Hidden Power will be Hidden Power [Type], not HP Type or HP [Type] or Hidden Power Type.

And I completely agree with this. So I've made a few changes here and there where Hidden Power was listed as a 'definite' move by slashing an alternative, and I'll be doing that for all of the sets where Hidden Power isn't listed as just an alternative, but please by all means help me out with that by giving me suggestions ^^

And we were also lacking a Shell Smash Carracosta set. I haven't added it into the OP yet but:

Carracosta @ White Herb
Sturdy
Adamant / Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Carracosta @ White Herb
Sturdy
Hasty / Naive
252 Spe / 56 Atk / 200 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam / Focus Blast

Just pointing out that my username is spelt with an "a" instead of an "e" in Sensai.

They both look fine but maybe a Curse set would be nice too:

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Adamant
252 HP / 174 Atk / 78 Sp.Def
- Curse
- Aqua Jet
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake / Waterfall

I think a Curse set can arguably make it into a Bulky Sweeper , for people with that approach. Basically maxed HP for some great Bulk , some EV's dumped into Special Defense to help against it's weaknesses a bit too. It abuses Curse and Aqua Jet since Aqua Jet ignores the Speed drop from Curse. All pretty standard.

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
^Except theres already a Curse set, albeit with slightly different EVs.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Drizzle
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Torrent
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 253 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet / Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Drill Peck

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Sniper
Adamant / Lonely
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Return / Draco Meteor /

Aurath8

Emboar @ Leftovers
Blaze
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk
-Bulk Up
-Fire Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Rock Slide / Wild Charge

No physical Emboar set? Wat.

Kyurem-W @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Timid
Turboblaze
252 Spatk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Ice beam
-Fusion Flare

No Kyurem formes? Double wat.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^Except theres already a Curse set, albeit with slightly different EVs.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Drizzle
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Torrent
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 253 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet / Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Drill Peck

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Sniper
Adamant / Lonely
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Return / Draco Meteor /

I missed that , ahahaha.

No ShedRest Scrafty?

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Shed Skin
Careful
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Sp.Def
- Drain Punch
- Rest
- Bulk Up
- Crunch

chap196

Can anybody rate my Galvantula?

Galvantula @Life Orb
Nature Modest/Timid
Ability Compoundeyes
EVs 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Volt Switch/Giga Drain

Last edited:

Aurath8

I'd put Energy Ball > Volt Switch for Rock types. Otherwise, it's perfect.

No Kyurem formes? Double wat.

I didn't put in Kyurem-B? Wat.

Kyurem-B @ Life Orb
Teravolt
Naive / Hasty
100 Atk / 156 Spatk / 252 Spe
-Outrage
-Ice beam
-Fusion Bolt
-Earth Power / Roost

Destroy everything in your path with Outrage. Anything that isn't KOed, tell the AI to stop using Steels or stop cheating. Boltbeam cos Boltbeam. Earth Power can handle any Steel that doesn't fall to other moves, even Bronzong thanks to Teravolt. Roost can heal LO recoil and Outrage confusions though.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I'd have to second Energy Ball for some extra coverage. Timid > Modest too.

Um , Work Up Hydreigon pl0x.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Levitate
Naive
252 Speed / 174 Atk / 78 Sp.Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Crunch / Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Work Up

Yay , a wrecking ball. After reaching +3 or so , wreck with Draco Meteor. Fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.