• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Singles Rate Thread [READ THE FIRST POST + FOLLOW THE FORMAT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry wasnt sure where to put/ask this but hoping this is the right place. Ok looked to see if u had a gd set for Rhyperior and couldnt find one so would like to ask if this set is alright or if there would be a better set for Rhyperior.

Rhyperior @ No sure mayb leftovers
Solid Rock
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Mega Horn
Thunderbolt

Thanku for any help with this pokemon

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Rhyperior has a terrible SpA stat so really shouldn't be running any Special moves. If you have access to BW2, you can teach it Thunderpunch instead of Thunderbolt, which runs off its better offensive stat and let's you hit Water-types. Alternatively, you should probably just go with a boosting move such as Rock Polish, and just switch out on Water-types.

e: ah, beaten by FoldingScreen.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Sorry yes this is to add to my BW2 team sorry

Also why rock slide over stone edge??

Because Rock Slide has better accuracy. Rhyperior has a huge attack stat anyway so the drop in base power isn't that noticeable.

Whoops, missed this one:

I'd have to second Energy Ball for some extra coverage. Timid > Modest too.

Um , Work Up Hydreigon pl0x.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Levitate
Naive
252 Speed / 174 Atk / 78 Sp.Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Crunch / Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Work Up

Yay , a wrecking ball. After reaching +3 or so , wreck with Draco Meteor. Fun.

Go with Earth Power > Earthquake. On Hydreigon, a Ground-type move is used mainly for Steel-types, and they generally have a far lower SpD stat compared to their Def stat.

chap196

For Aura Sensai and Aurawarrior8
I will just put Energy Ball as a option since I may use this Galvantula in the Battle Subway.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
So then, for some reason I decided to come up with a semi-offensive Banette moveset.

Banette (Adamant)
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
252 HP/252 atk/4 spd
-Thunder Wave
-Shadow Claw
-Return
-Gunk Shot/Thunderbolt/Confuse Ray

Yes, I know Banette isn't a very good choice for an attacker, but it's got a usable attack stat (115) and I wanted to try something different. Thunder Wave is to cripple opponents (and so you can actually outspeed something), Shadow Claw for STAB, Return for coverage. Not sure about the last move. Gunk Shot is just another physical attack, Thunderbolt could be used to hit water types (Banette has the average but passable sp. atk stat of 83), or Confuse Ray could be used for, well, confusing things. Not sure about the EV spread. I suppose you could put 252 in speed instead of HP, but I figured you wouldn't need those speed EVs if you're running Thunder Wave.

Comments? Changes?

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Because Rock Slide has better accuracy. Rhyperior has a huge attack stat anyway so the drop in base power isn't that noticeable.

Whoops, missed this one:

Go with Earth Power > Earthquake. On Hydreigon, a Ground-type move is used mainly for Steel-types, and they generally have a far lower SpD stat compared to their Def stat.

I wasn't using it , just so you know. I noticed that there wasn't a Work UP Hydreigon in the OP.

@zhanton (because I cbf to quote on iPad lol); Then you as well run Flamethrower > Earth Power it offers superior neutral coverage through the infamous Dragon + Fire coverage. Sure, you miss out on hitting Heatran, but imo the overall coverage makes it worth it in the long run.

Why use Flamethrower with Fire Blast there? It's kinda pointless.

@chap F it , use Giga Drain , my bad.

chap196

Sharpedo @Focus Sash
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Speed Boost
EVs 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Protect

Aurath8

So then, for some reason I decided to come up with a semi-offensive Banette moveset.

Banette (Adamant)
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
252 HP/252 atk/4 spd
-Thunder Wave
-Shadow Claw
-Return
-Gunk Shot/Thunderbolt/Confuse Ray

Yes, I know Banette isn't a very good choice for an attacker, but it's got a usable attack stat (115) and I wanted to try something different. Thunder Wave is to cripple opponents (and so you can actually outspeed something), Shadow Claw for STAB, Return for coverage. Not sure about the last move. Gunk Shot is just another physical attack, Thunderbolt could be used to hit water types (Banette has the average but passable sp. atk stat of 83), or Confuse Ray could be used for, well, confusing things. Not sure about the EV spread. I suppose you could put 252 in speed instead of HP, but I figured you wouldn't need those speed EVs if you're running Thunder Wave.

Comments? Changes?

I'd use Will-o-Wisp over Thunder Wave, since I'd be more concerned as why everything keeps killing it than why its outsped. Then again Parafusion is always fun. Besides with that Spatk, it could pull off a Calm Mind set:

Banette @ Leftovers
Modest
Insomnia
252 Hp / 252 Spatk / 4 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind
-Will-o-Wisp / Hidden Power [Ice/Fighting]

Or we could just tell people that they shouldn't use Banette. Ever. He's literally the worst Ghost type in the game. Even Shedinja and Sableye are better thanks to their abilities.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I'd use Will-o-Wisp over Thunder Wave, since I'd be more concerned as why everything keeps killing it than why its outsped. Then again Parafusion is always fun. Besides with that Spatk, it could pull off a Calm Mind set:

Banette @ Leftovers
Modest
Insomnia
252 Hp / 252 Spatk / 4 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind
-Will-o-Wisp / Hidden Power [Ice/Fighting]

Or we could just tell people that they shouldn't use Banette. Ever. He's literally the worst Ghost type in the game. Even Shedinja and Sableye are better thanks to their abilities.

I like Banette, why not make a set for it? I'm less sure about the Calm Mind set. Wouldn't it function better as a crippler than a special attacker?

Aurath8

I like Banette, why not make a set for it? I'm less sure about the Calm Mind set. Wouldn't it function better as a crippler than a special attacker?

It's more or less forced to run status anyway, given it's stats. But, between Will-o-Wisp/T-Wave and Calm Mind, it should be able to fill both roles quite nicely.

I hope I can post this here when I don't have an actual moveset yet; if not let me know and I'll delete my post.
I need a moveset for either a physical or special Nidoqueen. This Nidoqueen will be part of my future Black 2 in-game team for when it's out in America and I get the game. I just don't have any ideas for a moveset. :/
The other members of the team are in my sig but I don't have a 6th member yet.
All I'm asking for is a good moveset for Nidoqueen.

~Please and Thank you...

Aurath8

I hope I can post this here when I don't have an actual moveset yet; if not let me know and I'll delete my post.
I need a moveset for either a physical or special Nidoqueen. This Nidoqueen will be part of my future Black 2 in-game team for when it's out in America and I get the game. I just don't have any ideas for a moveset. :/
The other members of the team are in my sig but I don't have a 6th member yet.
All I'm asking for is a good moveset for Nidoqueen.

~Please and Thank you...

Wel you've come to the right place:

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Modest
Sheer Force
-Earth Power
-Thunderbolt
-Ice beam
-Flamethrower / Sludge Bomb

Earth Power for a good STAB. Of course, we have Boltbeam, which still hits all but a few 'mons at least neutrally. Flamethrower can handle steels like Ferrothorn that are neutral to Earth Power, but Sludge Bomb is another good STAB move with attractive neutral coverage.

Wel you've come to the right place:

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Modest
Sheer Force
-Earth Power
-Thunderbolt
-Ice beam
-Flamethrower / Sludge Bomb

Earth Power for a good STAB. Of course, we have Boltbeam, which still hits all but a few 'mons at least neutrally. Flamethrower can handle steels like Ferrothorn that are neutral to Earth Power, but Sludge Bomb is another good STAB move with attractive neutral coverage.

Thanks for the moveset. :) I'll see about getting a DW NidoranF. The only thing I'm not sure about is the item.

Aurath8

Thanks for the moveset. :) I'll see about getting a DW NidoranF. The only thing I'm not sure about is the item.

The weird thing about Sheer Force is that, if you use a move that is affected by Sheer Force, you don't receive any recoil from the Life Orb, so no worries there.

No Venusaur? Seriously, wat?

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Mild
Chlorophyll
252 Spe / 252 Spatk / 4 HP
-Growth
-Giga Drain
-Earthquake
-Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Fire]

Can be used in and out of Sun, with or without Chlorophyll. Beryllium-autiful.

The weird thing about Sheer Force is that, if you use a move that is affected by Sheer Force, you don't receive any recoil from the Life Orb, so no worries there.

No Venusaur? Seriously, wat?

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Mild
Chlorophyll
252 Spe / 252 Spatk / 4 HP
-Growth
-Giga Drain
-Earthquake
-Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Fire]

Can be used in and out of Sun, with or without Chlorophyll. Beryllium-autiful.

Oh I see now, and are you talking to me about the Venusaur? Just wondering...

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Oh I see now, and are you talking to me about the Venusaur? Just wondering...

He probably wasn't.

What about a Curse set?

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Chlorophyll
Sassy
252 HP / 174 Sp.Def / 78 Def
- Curse
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed / Return
- Sleep Powder

Neither am I.

Floette