• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Singles Rate Thread [READ THE FIRST POST + FOLLOW THE FORMAT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Castform @ Leftovers
Forecast
Modest
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
-Weather Ball
-Shadow Ball/Rain Dance
-Energy Ball/Sunny Day
-Thunder/Hail

Castform can't do too much.

Castform @ Leftovers
Forecast
Timid
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Weather Ball
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

It needs th eextra Speed from Timid.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Go with Earth Power > Earthquake. On Hydreigon, a Ground-type move is used mainly for Steel-types, and they generally have a far lower SpD stat compared to their Def stat.

eh, it's a Mixed set, if the second move is Fire Blast instead of Crunch, then there's no point in having Naive for the Nature, and no point in the Attack boost from Work Up either.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
@zhanton (because I cbf to quote on iPad lol); Then you as well run Flamethrower > Earth Power it offers superior neutral coverage through the infamous Dragon + Fire coverage. Sure, you miss out on hitting Heatran, but imo the overall coverage makes it worth it in the long run.

eh, it's a Mixed set, if the second move is Fire Blast instead of Crunch, then there's no point in having Naive for the Nature, and no point in the Attack boost from Work Up either.

Hmmm, both good points. Probably Flamethrower > Earth Power (for superior coverage) and Crunch as the second move, then?

Noticed that we don't have a Beheeyem set. It's not a particularly great Pokemon but I love it sooo.

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Synchronise
Modest
252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Def
~ Calm Mind / Nasty Plot
~ Psychic
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball

Relatively self-explanatory set imo.

Also I'll be updating the OP in the coming days :)

iamthatguy

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Guts
Nature Impish
EVs 126Hp/252Atk/126Def/4Spe
- Bulldoze
- Bulk up
- Rock slide
- Payback
My attempt at a tank,usually I try to set up with Bulk up then try to KO as much as possible.Rock slide is for coverage against Flying types and Payback is for psychic types.

Aurath8

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Guts
Nature Impish
EVs 126Hp/252Atk/126Def/4Spe
- Bulldoze
- Bulk up
- Rock slide
- Payback
My attempt at a tank,usually I try to set up with Bulk up then try to KO as much as possible.Rock slide is for coverage against Flying types and Payback is for psychic types.

Drain Punch is better for Conkeldurr in pretty much every way. Especially, if you're going for a tank thanks to the healing factor. Ice Punch is also a good alternative to Rock Slide to hit Gliscor, Dragons and, err... Tropius harder.

chap196

Zebstrika
Item Life Orb
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Sap Sipper
Move Set
Wild Charge
Flame Charge
Return
Double Kick

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Zebstrika
Item Life Orb
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Sap Sipper
Move Set
Wild Charge
Flame Charge
Return
Double Kick

You can't do very much with it.

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Sap Sipper
Mild
- Discharge
- HP [Ice]
- Flame Charge
- Return

BoltBeam , yay.

koosbane

master breeder
May I suggest a Lara set. pretty simple used it since gen one pretty much.
Lapras
Modest
~surf
~ice beam
~Thunder bolt
~ psychic

This is great for people who don't want to breed.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Tbqh , it's pretty bad we don't even have one Lapras yet.

Physical one is nice too.

Lapras @ Leftovers
Shell Armor
Sassy
252 HP / 118 Atk / 140 Sp.Def
- Curse
- Ice Shard
- Waterfall
- Protect

Pretty standard. EV's give you some pretty basic Bulk , with nothing invested into Defense since it'll be boosted. Set up , heal when necessary with Protect and sweep.

Aurath8

^I'd put Drill Run alongside Protect there. Ice+Ground getss pretty cool coverage. Also Water Absorb > Shell Armour because free immunities are awesome.

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Blaze
Modest / Mild
144 HP / 252 SpAtk / 112 Spe
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]/Wild Charge

Something quite minor, but as it says in the OP, we've got to provide alternatives for Hidden Power. Wild Charge handles Water types quite nicely and is pretty much the only option bar Earthquake and Flame Charge which are both pretty meh.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^I'd put Drill Run alongside Protect there. Ice+Ground getss pretty cool coverage. Also Water Absorb > Shell Armour because free immunities are awesome.

Something quite minor, but as it says in the OP, we've got to provide alternatives for Hidden Power. Wild Charge handles Water types quite nicely and is pretty much the only option bar Earthquake and Flame Charge which are both pretty meh.

Forgot about Drill Run. But yeah.

Since we need to try to put alternative to HP , Giga Drain on Yanmega is the next best choice after HP [Rock].

chap196

Rapidash
Item Life Orb
Nature Adamant/Jolly
Ability Flash Fire
Move Set
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Drill Run
Megahorn/Return

Aurath8

Now for some Hidden Power alternatives and a few corrections:

Chandelure's Scarf set. Psychic is pretty much the only other usable move, unless you want to run Flamethrower and Overheat.

Charizard's 3 attacks+recover set. No change here, but Hidden Power Grass doesn't have any brackets. Consistency, y'know. It's also listed as 'HP' rather than 'Hidden Power'. Same thing with Exeggutor.

Cofagrigus. Energy Ball is it's only other usable attacking move. There's also Iron Defence. After a few CM/Iron Defence boost he'll be pretty much invincible.

Ditto. It's Imposter, not Impostor.

Eelektross. Firstly, Drain Punch > Brick Break for obvious reasons, and maybe put Ice Punch alongside Crunch. For the Charge Beam set, I'd put Thunderbolt over Grass knot, and Grass Knot next to HP [Ice].

monkeyman192

simply bored
Ampharos @ Leftovers
Static
Timid
SP Att (252), Def (120), SP Def (120), Sp (16)
- Power Gem
- Charge
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

this is only the second pokemon I have ever EV trained and it is a pokemon I quite like (as obvious from my ava...)
I received a shiny mareep in a trade, and it has (I think) a fairly decent nature, so I gave it a go making a pokemon I hoped would be fairly good for battling...
The item I am open to suggestions as I just gave it a leftovers and haven't really put much thought into it....
The EV's are also (I think) weird in putting it in 4 (kinda) but I wanted better def and sp def as ampharos naturally has fairly low for both of them, and gave the rest to speed as it is also lacking in that a bit too...
I have already got the above and trained up to level 100 and it goes pretty well IMO, but that is just playing against stuff in game...

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Ampharos @ Leftovers
Static
Timid
SP Att (252), Def (120), SP Def (120), Sp (16)
- Power Gem
- Charge
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

this is only the second pokemon I have ever EV trained and it is a pokemon I quite like (as obvious from my ava...)
I received a shiny mareep in a trade, and it has (I think) a fairly decent nature, so I gave it a go making a pokemon I hoped would be fairly good for battling...
The item I am open to suggestions as I just gave it a leftovers and haven't really put much thought into it....
The EV's are also (I think) weird in putting it in 4 (kinda) but I wanted better def and sp def as ampharos naturally has fairly low for both of them, and gave the rest to speed as it is also lacking in that a bit too...
I have already got the above and trained up to level 100 and it goes pretty well IMO, but that is just playing against stuff in game...

You seem to be using it Defensively , so I suggest this.

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Static
Calm
252 Hp / 140 SpD / 118 SpA
- Cotton Spore
- Focus Miss
- Discharge / Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Hey all, was thinking of my black 2 team im going to create and wanted a starter i never used before and is often looked down upon.

Torterra
Nature:Careful
Ability: Shell Armor (Dw)
EV's:252 Sp.Def 252 Hp 4 atk
-Curse
-Synthesis
-Seed Bomb
-Earthquake

I wanted to use this guy because i've never used him and his typing is very unique.
Hes going to be my tank Curse up until beefy then synthesis off any dmg while in process, 2 powerful-non draw back stab moves
Hes looking real cool to me so he will be my first pokemon i transfer over.

Attachments

• 389.png
    389.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
I found another pokemon ill be transfering over from my black to go on my black 2 team

Haxorus
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Mold Breaker
Ev's:252 Speed 252 Attack 4 Sp.D
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Aqua Tail

Attachments

• haxorus.png
    haxorus.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 38